Ukraine invaded by Putin

66,675 Views | 1093 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by HuMcK
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

Bear8084 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/03/07/ukraine-russian-speakers/

That's just one example.
Yea,

I have often wondered what the Russian invasion of this past year has done to support levels among the Russian speaking Ukrainian population.

I would assume, at the very least, it has hurt it.
It has made the Russian speaking Ukrainians decided that they'd rather be Russian speaking Ukrainians than Russian speaking Russians.

This war has united the Ukrainian people around national and ethnic ties rather than linguistic ties.

Ukrainians now think of themselves as Europeans and will do so for the next century or so.

The general lack of an uprising in the oblasts of Odesa, Mykolaiv, Dnipropetrovsk, and Kharkiv would seem to support that.

Those oblasts (along with others) were long time supporters of the party of regions (pro-Russian) and very interested in protecting the Russian language within the country and being skeptical of the EU.

Now there seems to be little Russian support there.
Redbrickbear
OsoCoreyell
Redbrickbear said:

Well, the Constitution of the United States, to answer the specific question. Not sure what he's trying to get at here? Is he arguing that the US Congress is not empowered to negotiated treaties and foreign aid?
Redbrickbear
OsoCoreyell said:

Redbrickbear said:

Well, the Constitution of the United States, to answer the specific question. Not sure what he's trying to get at here? Is he arguing that the US Congress is not empowered to negotiated treaties and foreign aid?
He specifically says the negotiators.

Do you know the names of who is on this team of "negotiators"? He does not seem to know and I can't find it on the internet.

He does not say that Congress itself lacks the authority to give away billions of taxpayer dollars.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Interesting…

Redbrickbear
HuMcK
HuMcK said:

First they took Izyum, now they move on Lyman, if they succeed there then Lysychansk. If they get that, the Russian northern flank is isolated, and major rail lines are cut (no more easy troop shifting). Russian forces in the north are depleted for now, I wouldn't bet on them being able to blunt much of the Ukrainan momentum before the weather freezes.

Ukraine working at just an astounding pace right now.
HuMcK

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.