Ukraine invaded by Putin

68,320 Views | 1093 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by HuMcK
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Doc Holliday
Harrison Bergeron said:

It's funny how the lefty fascist ***s have forgotten about The Ukraine.
Big gov now has permission to "justify" a prolonged war.

We will hit $100B in funding to Ukraine next year. In the next 5 years it will soar past $1T.
Canada2017
Doc Holliday said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

It's funny how the lefty fascist ***s have forgotten about The Ukraine.
Big gov now has permission to "justify" a prolonged war.

We will hit $100B in funding to Ukraine next year. In the next 5 years it will soar past $1T.
War won't last another 5 years.

Might not last beyond 2022.
Redbrickbear

Redbrickbear

jupiter
Harrison Bergeron
It's interesting how the U.S. pop culture media has lost interest in the invasion.
Canada2017
Harrison Bergeron said:

It's interesting how the U.S. pop culture media has lost interest in the invasion.
In part because Russia is winning .
Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron said:

Strange...the regime media has almost gone dark on the subject.

I listen to NPR daily in the truck on the way home from work, because I'm a mental self cutter...and they hardly bring it up anymore...its very strange.
Robert Wilson
Redbrickbear said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Strange...the regime media has almost gone dark on the subject.

I listen to NPR daily in the truck on the way home from work, because I'm a mental self cutter...and they hardly bring it up anymore...its very strange.
We sure spent a lot of money on it.
HuMcK
8 years to the day after MH17 was shot down, Russia appears to have shot down one of their own bombers.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

8 years to the day after MH17 was shot down, Russia appears to have shot down one of their own bombers.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Redbrickbear

jupiter
Canada2017
jupiter said:

If things are going so well ......why are Russian troops still occupying eastern Ukraine territory ?
jupiter
jupiter
jupiter
jupiter
Harrison Bergeron
jupiter said:

They sound like the paid Burn Loot Murder protestors from 2020 ... not surprising since they're all being paid by the same people for the same end game.
Harrison Bergeron
jupiter said:

"this is why the surrender to the Taliban was actually a resounding success!"

(and there is no inflation)
(and there is no recession)
(and Russia stole the 2016 election)
(and Russian and Putin are not threats)
(and there was a Muslim ban)
(and illegal immigration is not a problem)
(millions of unarmed black men are killed by police each year)
(juicy smalls was attacked by a Trump supporter)
(Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian disinformation)
(Sexy Mama Wal-Mart masks will stop a 0.5 micron particle just like a hanging piece of plexiglass)
(covid is not real and believing it is a threat is racist)
(drink bleach)
(people are hospitalized from taking horse tranquilizers)
HuMcK
Right at 6 months in, and instead of collapsing into defeat, Ukraine is launching another counteroffensive. Let's go Brandon, keep those military aid packages flowing.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Right at 6 months in, and instead of collapsing into defeat, Ukraine is launching another counteroffensive. Let's go Brandon, keep those military aid packages flowing.

They're gonna keep those aid packages flowing into the trillions and this war effort will become a stalemate just like Iraq after years of stupid proxy wars between two extremely racist countries.

Raytheon, Lockheed and other weapons manufactures are the only real winners.
HuMcK
Every cent we can provide Ukraine to use effectively against the Russians is money well spent. I don't care if defense companies get a windfall, or if Ukraine and Russia are both racist, or any other weak narrative you want to employ to subtely (lol) advance Russian interests. I care that Russia is our explicit and sworn enemy, who have been openly waging an unconventionally asymetric conflict against us for years now, and the only language they seem to respond to is force.

20,000 dead Russian soldiers and over a thousand tanks destroyed in Ukraine so far if conservative estimates are to be believed, I call that a good start.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Every cent we can provide Ukraine to use effectively against the Russians is money well spent. I don't care if defense companies get a windfall, or if Ukraine and Russia are both racist, or any other weak narrative you want to employ to subtely (lol) advance Russian interests. I care that Russia is our explicit and sworn enemy, who have been openly waging an unconventionally asymetric conflict against us for years now, and the only language they seem to respond to is force.

20,000 dead Russian soldiers and over a thousand tanks destroyed in Ukraine so far if conservative estimates are to be believed, I call that a good start.
Crazy that you libs went from attacking Bush over Iraq to supporting WW3. Ya'll are crazy as hell
whiterock
Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

Crazy that you libs went from attacking Bush over Iraq to supporting WW3. Ya'll are crazy as hell

hafta side with Huck, Doc.

Putin has made it clear what is his worldview, and it involves moving geography currently covered by NATO alliance into the Russian-controlled sphere. It is therefore only a matter of time before we actually will face scenarios which involve either conflict between US and Russian troops, or a withdrawal that will collapse the NATO alliance. The reason we support Ukraine is to push those WW3 scenarios as far into the future as possible. We've bought at least a decade worth of time so far, and we aren't done yet.

We owe it to our kids & grandkids to make sure Ukraine has to means to defend their country right down to the last Ukrainian. No democracy should ever die for lack of ammo.
Canada2017
Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

Crazy and clueless to the consequences involved.
Doc Holliday
whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

Putin has made it clear what is his worldview, and it involves moving geography currently covered by NATO alliance into the Russian-controlled sphere. It is therefore only a matter of time before we actually will face scenarios which involve either conflict between US and Russian troops, or a withdrawal that will collapse the NATO alliance. The reason we support Ukraine is to push those WW3 scenarios as far into the future as possible. We've bought at least a decade worth of time so far, and we aren't done yet.

We owe it to our kids & grandkids to make sure Ukraine has to means to defend their country right down to the last Ukrainian. No democracy should ever die for lack of ammo.

Putin's demands are the following:

• The disarmament of Ukraine.
  • The neutrality of Ukraine (no NATO membership).
  • The formal recognition of Crimea as Russian.

If those are the terms, then how much escalation is necessary? How much is justified?

We have both Ukraine and Russia bombing innocent civilians. Ukraine is so corrupt they couldn't get into NATO.

Proxy battles never end well for the proxy. Those calling for war are the same people who have used Ukraine as their personal piggy bank for years.
whiterock
Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

If those are the terms, then how much escalation is necessary? How much is justified?

We have both Ukraine and Russia bombing innocent civilians. Ukraine is so corrupt they couldn't get into NATO.

Proxy battles never end well for the proxy. Those calling for war are the same people who have used Ukraine as their personal piggy bank for years.
That's just the demands of this current "crisis." In policy statements public and private, he's also made clear statements about wanting back the Baltics, pieces of Poland, etc....most of the old Warsaw Pact. That's why we saw Finland and Sweden fold on decades of neutrality - Russian irredentism. So Ukraine is not the end of it, not by a long shot. We've already made him expend over a decade's worth of ordnance, at his current industrial capacity. The longer the Ukraine War goes on, the further out into the future it will be before he (or his successors) will be able to reestablish logistics to status quo ante Feb 2022.

Proxy battles can and do turn out well for the sponsor, which is our role here. Bleed down the Russian Bear. Bog it down in non-Nato territory. As long as the Ukrainians want to fight, we should praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.
Harrison Bergeron
whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

That's just the demands of this current "crisis." In policy statements public and private, he's also made clear statements about wanting back the Baltics, pieces of Poland, etc....most of the old Warsaw Pact. That's why we saw Finland and Sweden fold on decades of neutrality - Russian irredentism. So Ukraine is not the end of it, not by a long shot. We've already made him expend over a decade's worth of ordnance, at his current industrial capacity. The longer the Ukraine War goes on, the further out into the future it will be before he (or his successors) will be able to reestablish logistics to status quo ante Feb 2022.

Proxy battles can and do turn out well for the sponsor, which is our role here. Bleed down the Russian Bear. Bog it down in non-Nato territory. As long as the Ukrainians want to fight, we should praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.
The missing link is the actions taken by the "European coalition" led by Russia Joe has given Putin record oil and gas profits, and when Europe begins to freeze this winter the coalition will collapse and Russia Joe will blame Trump.
whiterock
Harrison Bergeron said:

whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

The missing link is the actions taken by the "European coalition" led by Russia Joe has given Putin record oil and gas profits, and when Europe begins to freeze this winter the coalition will collapse and Russia Joe will blame Trump.
Fair point. Russia is not forgetting to test the mettle of the EU coalition. But war is full of hurdles, and Europe appears to be preparing for this one. Liberal government in Germany is firing up coal plants. That shows planning for a longer future without Russian gas.
Harrison Bergeron
whiterock said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

Fair point. Russia is not forgetting to test the mettle of the EU coalition. But war is full of hurdles, and Europe appears to be preparing for this one. Liberal government in Germany is firing up coal plants. That shows planning for a longer future without Russian gas.
Too bad there is not a Ukrainian ally that could produce enough natural gas to power Europe for 1,000 years and remove the European dependence on Russia as well as lower Putin's profits.
whiterock
Harrison Bergeron said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Too bad there is not a Ukrainian ally that could produce enough natural gas to power Europe for 1,000 years and remove the European dependence on Russia as well as lower Putin's profits.
wouldn't it be funny if the President of that ally nation had the chutzpah to offer to do exactly that?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.