Ukraine invaded by Putin

68,295 Views | 1093 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by HuMcK
Wangchung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HuMcK said:

Wangchung said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Well, I sure am glad Biden has N Korea under control.
Very surprised Japan has been so passive with all these N Korean provocations .

As the Japanese know they are a prime target .

Japan is quietly gearing up. They seem to have more faith in themselves, than Biden.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/japan-stepping-its-readiness-counter-chinas-actions-198922
Some of y'all really need to learn/accept that not everything in the world has to do with Biden or Trump being in office, or how you can use it to try and score political points. You really think other countries are making 50yr decisions based on who is POTUS for a fraction of that time? They aren't.

There are times when you produce some clear and useful insight, then you go and offhand blame the current POTUS for things that began under his predecessor's watch (with his encouragement even!). A legit criticism of the Obama/Biden worldview is that they focus on countering China in the pacific to the point of taking their eyes off of Russia (remember Romney and the "foreign policy from the 80s" quip, because that's what that exchange was about), and you think Japan doesn't welcome that?

This is aimed at more users here than just you: stop consuming exclusively conservative propaganda and read some actual news.
This disaster and the thousands of deaths we are seeing from this invasion is not on Biden. It is on you and the other 81 million lame brains that voted for him. You own this. Not the dementia stricken man warming the chair in the Oval Office.

I'm not sure I've ever seen you post anything even half as useful as RMF5630, and it is abundantly clear that you don't have any desire to actually understand what is going on.

Trump's National Security Advisor says he watched with his own eyes as Trump did Putin's work for him in Ukraine, and got impeached for it (even though you'll pretend otherwise) , but I'm sure you know better cause Breitbart or Patriot Farts or whatever told you so.

Whatever Putin thought the Western response would be, it's very clear that that he was wrong and his country is paying a heavy price for that miscalculation. Thanks for that, Joe. Rumor is we can chalk up about 5000 dead Russian soldiers, and God knows how much armor and aircraft, into Biden's ledger so far, but I'm sure you'll find a way to credit Trump for that somehow anyway.
So Russia isn't winning in Ukraine right now? And here I thought Baghdad Bob was dead.

Over 3 weeks in and they haven't achieved a single objective. Don't control any of the major cities (actually getting pushed back from Kharkiv), don't even come close to controlling the skies, their opponent is continually re-supplied by a seemingly bottomless pit of AT and AA munitions, more US drones on the way to make life even harder for them, foreign leaders are still able to visit Kyiv as a middle finger right to Putin's face, to say nothing of the economic situation stating Russia down...of course they can still win, but you tell me, does that sound like they are currently winning to you? And the insurgency they really fear hasn't even begun.

The Russian army flipped their reputation from fiercesome opponent to paper tiger in less than a month.
They have the major cities surrounded and are shelling at-will. Russia is showing restraint and looking for surrender and Ukraine cannot stop the artillery. Only western propaganda claims Ukraine is winning or holding their own. It is merely a matter of time.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Wrecks Quan Dough
HuMcK said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Japan is quietly gearing up. They seem to have more faith in themselves, than Biden.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/japan-stepping-its-readiness-counter-chinas-actions-198922
Some of y'all really need to learn/accept that not everything in the world has to do with Biden or Trump being in office, or how you can use it to try and score political points. You really think other countries are making 50yr decisions based on who is POTUS for a fraction of that time? They aren't.

There are times when you produce some clear and useful insight, then you go and offhand blame the current POTUS for things that began under his predecessor's watch (with his encouragement even!). A legit criticism of the Obama/Biden worldview is that they focus on countering China in the pacific to the point of taking their eyes off of Russia (remember Romney and the "foreign policy from the 80s" quip, because that's what that exchange was about), and you think Japan doesn't welcome that?

This is aimed at more users here than just you: stop consuming exclusively conservative propaganda and read some actual news.
This disaster and the thousands of deaths we are seeing from this invasion is not on Biden. It is on you and the other 81 million lame brains that voted for him. You own this. Not the dementia stricken man warming the chair in the Oval Office.

I'm not sure I've ever seen you post anything even half as useful as RMF5630, and it is abundantly clear that you don't have any desire to actually understand what is going on.

Trump's National Security Advisor says he watched with his own eyes as Trump did Putin's work for him in Ukraine, and got impeached for it (even though you'll pretend otherwise) , but I'm sure you know better cause Breitbart or Patriot Farts or whatever told you so.

Whatever Putin thought the Western response would be, it's very clear that that he was wrong and his country is paying a heavy price for that miscalculation. Thanks for that, Joe. Rumor is we can chalk up about 5000 dead Russian soldiers, and God knows how much armor and aircraft, into Biden's ledger so far, but I'm sure you'll find a way to credit Trump for that somehow anyway.
This defense of Ukraine is a credit to the Ukranian people. Nobody else. Joe Biden hasn't done Jack Squat other than cower in the corner and poop his diapers. You must be a little slow in getting your news. Donald Trump is no longer President.

Are you seriously so blind that you don't understand we made that possible? Who do you think has been arming and training those people?
Javelins were initially approve in 2019. Can it be that both the Trump and Biden administrations did something to the Ukrainians defend themselves?

They have. I will point out though, those weapons were approved by congress, and withheld by Trump unilaterally while he asked for "a favor", and he only handed them over after he got wind that a whistleblower had exposed the plan. A thief who returns the money only after getting caught gets some credit...but it was still theft.
Thank you for your fine analysis, Lt. Col. Donut.
D. C. Bear
HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

This defense of Ukraine is a credit to the Ukranian people. Nobody else. Joe Biden hasn't done Jack Squat other than cower in the corner and poop his diapers. You must be a little slow in getting your news. Donald Trump is no longer President.

Are you seriously so blind that you don't understand we made that possible? Who do you think has been arming and training those people?
The same people who were arming and training Afghan army.
HuMcK
Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Biden has been in power for over a year. This bloody fiasco is on him and absolutely no one else within the US government .

Even for a hyper political partisan your steadfast deflection game is ridiculous .

Lol, you were the one saying the Russians could beat us in a fight before the invasion kicked off. How you feeling about that boner of an idea 4 weeks of Russian ineptitude later, genius? They can't even handle the Ukrianian military like they thought.

Russia is embroiled in a bloody fiasco of their own making, and we are the ones making it bloody for them, it's the hyper-partisans like you that need to make it seem like that is somehow Biden's fault.
A. The check the map.....the Russians are clearly advancing .

B. Biggest problem the Russians are facing are the lousy winter conditions . Once 'mud season' is over, the skies clear and the roads dry out ........events are going to gather speed.

C. Your idiotic administration was publicly advocated Ukrainian admission into NATO within TWO WEEKS of Putin's invasion . After repeated Putin threats, after weeks of watching Putin move his troops to the Ukrainian border ......your dumb as grass VP STILL pushed for Ukrainian membership into NATO. Your damn right this is Biden's fiasco. Just the latest of many .

D. Link to this 'huge' amount of weapons the US has sent to Ukraine ? News flash stoner....it is other countries closer to the action sending much of the volunteers and weapons.

I am watching the maps, and in the last week+ they've been static. Russia can't even protect its aircraft sitting on the runways from attacks. Again, foreign leaders can still enter Kyiv safely to meet Zelensky at this stage, what a huge middle finger that is to Putin. If the problem is just weather, why didn't the Russians just wait it out?

Who do you think makes javelins and stingers (the US)? Are you aware that those munitions require our approval to transfer and we will be the ones replacing them? Where do you think the transfer takes place (US bases)? About half of the (overt) military aid has come from us, the rest from a coalition, and it all flows through our infrastructure to get there.

It's ok to admit you don't have much knowledge in a given area, because you clearly don't. You have a tell for when you think you are beat in an argument: you switch to personal attacks (uber driver, higher net worth, stoner, etc). It's obvious and pathetic.
Wrecks Quan Dough
HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Biden has been in power for over a year. This bloody fiasco is on him and absolutely no one else within the US government .

Even for a hyper political partisan your steadfast deflection game is ridiculous .

Lol, you were the one saying the Russians could beat us in a fight before the invasion kicked off. How you feeling about that boner of an idea 4 weeks of Russian ineptitude later, genius? They can't even handle the Ukrianian military like they thought.

Russia is embroiled in a bloody fiasco of their own making, and we are the ones making it bloody for them, it's the hyper-partisans like you that need to make it seem like that is somehow Biden's fault.

B. Biggest problem the Russians are facing are the lousy winter conditions . Once 'mud season' is over, the skies clear and the roads dry out ........events are going to gather speed.

C. Your idiotic administration was publicly advocated Ukrainian admission into NATO within TWO WEEKS of Putin's invasion . After repeated Putin threats, after weeks of watching Putin move his troops to the Ukrainian border ......your dumb as grass VP STILL pushed for Ukrainian membership into NATO. Your damn right this is Biden's fiasco. Just the latest of many .

D. Link to this 'huge' amount of weapons the US has sent to Ukraine ? News flash stoner....it is other countries closer to the action sending much of the volunteers and weapons.

I am watching the maps, and in the last week+ they've been static. Russia can't even protect its aircraft sitting on the runways from attacks. Again, foreign leaders can still enter Kyiv safely to meet Zelensky at this stage, what a huge middle finger that is to Putin. If the problem is just weather, why didn't the Russians just wait it out?

Who do you think makes javelins and stingers (the US)? Are you aware that those munitions require our approval to transfer and we will be the ones replacing them? Where do you think the transfer takes place (US bases)? About half of the (overt) military aid has come from us, the rest from a coalition, and it all flows through our infrastructure to get there.

It's ok to admit you don't have much knowledge in a given area, because you clearly don't. You have a tell for when you think you are beat in an argument: you switch to personal attacks (uber driver, higher network worth, stoner, etc). It's obvious and pathetic.
What an implosion! Has Biden stated whether he thinks the Russian forces are Varsity or Jay-Vee material?
Redbrickbear
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/tell-me-how-ukraine-ends/

[In the opening days of Iraq War 2.0, a wiser not-yet-General David Petraeus famously asked, "Tell me how this ends." Petraeus understood that how wars end is more important than why they started. So how does the current war in Ukraine end?

Now Petraeus, for his part, has said with a straight face about the Russians, "Everyone in the entire country (Ukraine) hates them and most of the adults are willing to take action against them, whether it's to take up weapons or to be human shields." While accurately describing the roots of his own failure in Iraq, Petraeus misses the point. America's goal was to create a neocon version of democracy in the Middle East. Putin seeks something much simpler: a buffer territory between him and NATO. He does not care about hearts and minds. He only has to break things.

Propaganda riven with sympathy for the plucky defenders has dominated the early days of the Ukraine war. This purposefully created a false sense of Russian setbacks and a misunderstanding of Russian strategy. The Russians are executing a standard mechanized warfare maneuver in line with their goals, attacking south from Belarus to link up with forces attacking northward from Crimea. When they link up south of Kiev, Ukraine will be split into two. Kiev may be bypassed, or it may be destroyed, but that is secondary to the larger strategic maneuver. Another Russian thrust from east to west seeks to cut the nation into quarters so Ukrainian forces cannot reinforce one another.

Forget all the silliness about the Russians running out of gas; their supply lines are short (many Russian forces are within 70 miles of their own border), protected, and over decent roads. This is what is happening on the ground and Ukrainian forces are in no position to do anything but delay it. Watching war through a smartphone from a peaceful country may help you believe the Russian assault is going poorly, but that is at odds with the facts.]
HuMcK
Amal Shuq-Up said:

HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

It's ok to admit you don't have much knowledge in a given area, because you clearly don't. You have a tell for when you think you are beat in an argument: you switch to personal attacks (uber driver, higher network worth, stoner, etc). It's obvious and pathetic.
What an implosion! Has Biden stated whether he thinks the Russian forces are Varsity or Jay-Vee material?

Haven't heard. I did hear Trump call his buddy Putin a genius for invading though. Real question, has Trump condemned the invasion yet?
Redbrickbear
HuMcK said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Haven't heard. I did hear Trump call his buddy Putin a genius for invading though. Real question, has Trump condemned the invasion yet?
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-condemns-russia-invasion-says-he-prays-ukrainian-people-2022-02-27/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-condemns-russia-for-ukraine-invasion-touts-own-war-record
Wangchung
HuMcK said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

For invading? Or for playing Biden like a fiddle? Context matters when a leftist makes Trump claims.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Wrecks Quan Dough
Does anyone know if Seroquel is effective at treating TDS?
HuMcK
Redbrickbear said:

HuMcK said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-condemns-russia-invasion-says-he-prays-ukrainian-people-2022-02-27/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-condemns-russia-for-ukraine-invasion-touts-own-war-record

Good. Makes me laugh to see him mention praying for anything, and of course he then immediately launched into a longer rant about him actually winning in 2020, but glad he said something other than praise for Putin.
FLBear5630
HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

I disagree, we have not had a strong POTUS in Foreign Relations since Reagan & Bush and maybe Clinton. Bush was about whatever Rumsfeld and Cheney told him. Obama a disaster. Trump to financially driven and now the horror of Biden/Giggles.

This gear up by Japan isn't a blip. They are trying to change their Constitution. Ukraine did not provoke that by a long shot, but several comments on the Budapest Memorandum (resonated here on this Board by some) have to give pause. For example, see below:

"The US-Japan defense treaty, known as the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security Between Japan and the United States of America, particularly Article 5, does not actually require the US to fight on Japan's behalf even if Tokyo thinks it has an explicit promise in this regard."

Sound familiar? Not a binding agreement? Ukraine believing that NATO would protect their sovereignty? I know, Memorandum is not a Treaty. But the Ukraine's believed it.

So, with Biden holding Trump's stance saying Japan has to spend more money on defense and the US sitting on the sidelines in Ukraine. (You believe that Japan's recent increase has nothing to do with the US's playing legal games with "binding" talks. Keep in mind that the Japanese Constitution stuff started in 2015ish, right after Crimea.)

Not saying Trump is better, just saying Biden is bad. I am not a Trump fan, I agree with more of his policies than Biden's but I do not want to see Trump again.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/11/japan-seeks-a-firmer-biden-defense-vow/

Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Why do you assume Trump's national security advisor was telling the truth?
Whiskey Pete
HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

it is abundantly clear that you don't have any desire to actually understand what is going on. Holy crap on a cracker, did you just really say that? Weren't you the only idiot that was trying to defend and deflect for biden while he was actually fubaring the whole Afghanistan mess? You must've worn out your keyboard that day.

Trump's National Security Advisor says he watched with his own eyes as Trump did Putin's work for him in Ukraine Are you talking about bolton? The same guy he fired? One of the most hawkest people on the planet? Trump criticized NATO for other countries not living up to their obligations, if bolton thinks that's Trump doing putin's work, no wonder he was fired. Need I remind you that bolton would've been perfectly happy if Trump launched an unprovoked military invasion of N. Korea.

Whatever Putin thought the Western response would be, it's very clear that that he was wrong and his country is paying a heavy price for that miscalculation. Thanks for that, Joe. Yeah, thanks Joe for more Russian aggression. Thanks for leading behind. I'll give one brownie point to 'ole joe. He's done a bang up job of getting other NATO countries to act first. To bad they're acting first because they can't look to America for leadership. Biden has weakened America and her image.

Rumor is we can chalk up about 5000 dead Russian soldiers, and God knows how much armor and aircraft, into Biden's ledger so far, but I'm sure you'll find a way to credit Trump for that somehow anyway. Nope, I'll give credit to 'ole joe for the dead russians... and the dead ukranians. Under Trump, most likely would've not been an invasions and no dead russians or ukranians.
HuMcK
Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Tbh between the two guys, Bolton and Trump, it's hard for me to decide who's opinion I trust less. I think Bolton is an abrasive ass, much like Trump, but I don't think Bolton is a habitual liar, nor do I think he is stupid. He had a similar reaction as most of Trump's career natsec officials: recoiled in horror when they saw behind the scenes, then eventually resigned/was fired (depends who you believe...) in protest of something.
Canada2017
HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

It's ok to admit you don't have much knowledge in a given area, because you clearly don't. You have a tell for when you think you are beat in an argument: you switch to personal attacks (uber driver, higher net worth, stoner, etc). It's obvious and pathetic.
Kiddo you haven't 'won' a single argument on this message board in all the years you have posted here. Not one.

Merely invent scenarios to propagate your hyper partisan belief system .

You have zero proof about the amount of military aid supplied by the US currently employed by Ukrainian forces.

But facts and reality has never been part of your resume .

Hopefully Ukraine can hold on long enough for Putin to accept a negotiated peace.

But Ukrainian membership in NATO will never be part of any such agreement .
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Tbh between the two guys, Bolton and Trump, it's hard for me to decide who's opinion I trust less. I think Bolton is an abrasive ass, much like Trump, but I don't think Bolton is a habitual liar, nor do I think he is stupid. He had a similar reaction as most of Trump's career natsec officials: recoiled in horror when they saw behind the scenes, then eventually resigned/was fired (depends who you believe...) in protest of something.
Trump was surrounded by wolves trying to create drama, conspiracy to create the appearance of scandal in order to destabilize or oust him. It's really the system trying to protect itself and it's elitism from outsiders who seek to reform.

By this I mean if you Humck were president and you tried to end corruption, you too would be accused of the same veracity of corruption that Trump was. You're not willing to accept this, you're on the side of history that hates people like Snowden who speak the truth while you back obvious corruption like RussiaGate.
FLBear5630
Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

"Trump's National Security Advisor says he watched with his own eyes as Trump did Putin's work for him in Ukraine, and got impeached for it (even though you'll pretend otherwise) , but I'm sure you know better cause Breitbart or Patriot Farts or whatever told you so."

Yet, Trump's SecDEF said NATO was stronger under Trump? Doesn't sound like something Putin wanted. When it comes to believing Bolton or Mattis, I go Mattis. Say what you will about Mattis's politics but nobody ever said he wasn't a professional or had an agenda. Bolton have been accused of both.
william
a bigger buffoon than Orange Bone Spurs is The Walrus.

Despised by almost everyone - The Walrus - once he was hired as NSA or whatever it was - started writing a book. Not sure how much work he did on our dime. Just kept scribbling notes to hisselfs. Quality human being.

Trump made a call to assess security protocols in place in The Ukraine. I think we can all agree now that that was a reasonably prudent thing to do before OKing new arms to be shipped. Arms wh/ Brave Sir Soetoro refused to send.

I doubt that that was 'Putin's bidding'.

- KKM

Anyway - week 3 in the books. Rooskies paying a huge price. Vlad should have settled early on. Now it's likely only a Pyrrhic victory is possible.

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }
Go Bears!
J.R.
Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Trump was surrounded by wolves trying to create drama, conspiracy to create the appearance of scandal in order to destabilize or oust him. It's really the system trying to protect itself and it's elitism from outsiders who seek to reform.

By this I mean if you Humck were president and you tried to end corruption, you too would be accused of the same veracity of corruption that Trump was. You're not willing to accept this, you're on the side of history that hates people like Snowden who speak the truth while you back obvious corruption like RussiaGate.
Trump created ALL the drama. To think otherwise is foolish.
Wrecks Quan Dough
J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

I dunno. I seem to recall some people appointed to high positions who would not advance Trump's policies. If you. Omorosa's little thing was only her little thing. The Russia Hoax was not Trump's doing. The incessant leaking in the early days was not Trump's doing.
FLBear5630
Amal Shuq-Up said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

I dunno. I seem to recall some people appointed to high positions who would not advance Trump's policies. If you. Omorosa's little thing was only her little thing. The Russia Hoax was not Trump's doing. The incessant leaking in the early days was not Trump's doing.
Trump was his own worst enemy. All he needed to do was say what he was doing. His constant biggest, best, first ever, etc killed him. He left himself open to people picking apart what he said, not what his policies accomplished. The self-praise was horrible.

His southern border, middle east, minority economics, military re-arming and jail reform accomplishments were all enough to put him in the top 25% of Presidents if he just was professional. If he could be quiet, he would have won a 2nd term and probably gone down as an effective President. Then he opens his mouth...
Canada2017
On Biden's watch ........

Over 2 million illegals allowed into the US
Highest inflation in over 40 years
Horrific withdrawal from Afghanistan with billions of dollars of military hardware left to the Taliban .
US cities in the middle of historic crime waves
Iran launching missiles at a US consulate in Iraq
North Korea launching missiles into the Pacific Ocean
China blatantly threatening Taiwan
Russia invades Ukraine setting off the biggest European war since the end of WW2.

Yet some of our resident geniuses and 80% the media remain obsessed with Donald Trump .

Unreal
jupiter

jupiter

Quote:

Yet some of our resident geniuses and 80% the media remain obsessed with Donald Trump .

Yup , Nuclear war, civil war , plague, famine, inflation, crime, poverty etc etc.

It's getting pretty bad out there.

So why did this all come about after Donald Trump and not, say, 8 years of Obama/ Biden, or the previous eight years of Bush, or eight years of Clinton , Bush Sr, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Kennedy etc etc etc.

No other President for 200+ years has had it this bad.

Why now? No other time period has had all of these things start to coalesce together in such a fashion.

Is Donald Trump the aberration?

Or somehow it's Biden, a man who's been a Senator/ Vice President/ President for half a century, suddenly everything goes to hell...but only right after (and also during) 4 years of Trump?

jupiter

FLBear5630
jupiter said:

Quote:

Yup , Nuclear war, civil war , plague, famine, inflation, crime, poverty etc etc.

So why did this all come about after Donald Trump and not, say, 8 years of Obama/ Biden, or the previous eight years of Bush, or eight years of Clinton , Bush Sr, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Kennedy etc etc etc.

Why now? No other time period has had all of these things start to coalesce together in such a fashion.

Or somehow it's Biden, a man who's been a Senator/ Vice President/ President for half a century, suddenly everything goes to hell...but only right after 4 years of Trump?

I would say several things. First this has happened before in 2014. What is the only commonality between 2014 and 2022, maybe Biden in White House.

If this were happening after 2 months in office, you have a point. Not 14 months, no this is Biden. Something his Foreign Policy positions do or doesn't do sends a message to Putin that now is the time to take land. Maybe it is sending Giggles over to talk to NATO.

Finally, plague started under Trump and he left a vaccine. How Biden has botched that up is on him.

Southern border, really?? Do we even need to delve into that?

Crime, Summer of Love... need I go on?

The current state of nation is on Dems. Maybe they hated Trump more than common sense and did things to spite him? I will give you that as a possibility.

No one I their right mind can say this is better than 2017-20. Trump maybe Anti-Christ? That makes more sense than Trump causing this through his policies.
ATL Bear
jupiter said:

I keep telling you Taleb is an idiot, and an insidious one at that, but you don't listen. So I'll just drop this nugget about him. In 2016, he wrote an article for Medium that was picked up by Russian propaganda media about Syria and statistics. The short version is he was playing "data scientist" with how casualties are counted (play to his authority) in war. But in purpose, he was underplaying the killing the Syrians and Russians were involved with during the height of the Syrian Civil War and the resulting refugee crisis out of the country. Carrying the water for both Putin and Assad. I'm going to put the link here to the Russia Insider website, and here's a gem of a paragraph from the article. Again, 2016, height of Syrian Civil War. Lot of choices on Twitter as a go to whatever side of an issue you are on. I continue to recommend another one.

From the Article:

Now, the real number of casualties in the Syrian war. We hear half a million people died in Syria. We are also told that many are "murdered" by Putin, Assad, and Catherine the Great (who came down to bully the Ottomans in the Levant after her invasion of the Crimea). It is easy to verify that much of the information we get about "butcher" of Damascus are suspicious: some Saudi-Qatari funded P.R. firms in Washington and London have shown evidence of hyperactivity. Just as the number of hospitals in East Aleppo where Al-Qaeda is based (and from where it shells civilians in other parts of the city), just as the number of hospitals per capita there appears to me several times that in the rest of the world (every day we hear that the Russians have destroyed another hospital, yet the State department spokesman John Kirby could not place or name any of the five hospitals he was recently discussing). I see propagandists and Al Qaeda apologists such as Charles Lister (at the Salafi-funded Middle East Institute) throw numbers that get cited yes, some idiot will cite numbers from the Al Qaeda propagandist Charles Lister, and may eventually be cited in turn by some decent newspaper, hence get fixed for posterity. I once saw a serious American journalist and former friend tweeting a macabre picture as a testimony of Assad's murders: it turned out that the picture of "dying children victims of Assad" was from Libya four years earlier, and appears to be promoted by a Qatari-funded P.R. firm. Her reaction was unapologetic: "Don't you think Assad is capable of these crimes?"

https://russia-insider.com/en/syria-and-statistics-war/ri17766
Canada2017
jupiter said:

Quote:

Or somehow it's Biden, a man who's been a Senator/ Vice President/ President for half a century, suddenly everything goes to hell...but only right after (and also during) 4 years of Trump?

Have you tracked any of the Biden's administration policies whatsoever ?

Why do you think 2 million illegals are now flowing into the US .......bad luck ?
That Putin invaded Ukraine within days after Harris publicly encouraged NATO membership .......karma ?
Cut backs in drilling, stopping pipelines .......higher gas prices......divine intervention ?
Anti police programs, anti police rhetoric ....reduced police budgets.......higher crime rates......coincidence ?

Really think our country's enemies didn't notice Biden 's total debacle in Afghanistan ?

Look if you simply gotta support your 'team'.......fine . But at least be the slightest bit objective for the sake of your own future .

Get some younger , intelligent Dems nominated for higher office.

Redbrickbear
Russia has state-run media. America is a media-run state

Doc Holliday
ShooterTX
For those who continue to think that Putin screwed up and made a mistake, and that Ukraine is winning and will defeat Putin... you're wrong.

I wish the Ukrainians could win and send the Russians back home with a huge L, but that just isn't going to happen. Putin will annex more Ukrainian lands and get what he wants from this war. He will force Ukraine to the negotiation table, and they will accept most of his demands.

You can't defeat one of the largest armies in the world, if you don't have enough weapons to arm your fighters. It just doesn't work that way.
ShooterTX
Redbrickbear
ATL Bear
Doc Holliday said:

His brain must be broken. The Orange Revolution was a decade earlier in Ukraine.
FLBear5630
ShooterTX said:

For those who continue to think that Putin screwed up and made a mistake, and that Ukraine is winning and will defeat Putin... you're wrong.

I wish the Ukrainians could win and send the Russians back home with a huge L, but that just isn't going to happen. Putin will annex more Ukrainian lands and get what he wants from this war. He will force Ukraine to the negotiation table, and they will accept most of his demands.

You can't defeat one of the largest armies in the world, if you don't have enough weapons to arm your fighters. It just doesn't work that way.
You are right. Ukraine does not have the numbers and too much territory to defend, without NATO stepping in this is over and was over 2 weeks ago. I love the Ukraines spirit and desire to be free and support them 100%, but without something changing the calculus it is a matter of time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.