Portal 2024

93,847 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
BUVA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

She started last year; this season she played more backup. She's 6'4", has one year left.
Bear3
May be worth looking at. Although Nicki probably wants someone with more eligibility. We lose a lot of people after next season.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
we made her top 10 out of high school i want to say. And this was another one who i think it was just too late in the process to build a connection with them.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Expect Marshall players to enter transfer portal because their head coach is now at Tennessee.
Brusinbear2001
expect Tennessee players to continue to enter the portal for the lack luster hire from Marshall. She got blown out by the coach hired to another SEC program. I just do not see it working out well.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
To be honest I already expected Tennessee players to hit transfer portal after losing head coach anyway. We will see what happens. I just know some good candidates probably turned it down.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
i have seen Coach Nicki become active (liking pictures) on post by Chance Gray, i would be surprised if we didn't at least get her to visit. But i think once you get to know Coach Nicki it is tough to say no atleast for me it would be.
Dcheetah
She has liked alot of Chance Gray and Grace van Slooten
I am seeing some talk on twitter that Beers and Gardiner could be in the portal out of OSU. Beers would be a crazy get if she did and also Gardiner is a great big as well. She could play the 5 she can pull out and shoot the three and can roll. She is a lot more than back to the basket and that's what our offense runs off of.
Easy Money
Wow .. hard to understand how some think they suddenly find elite status or just an ok skill set by entering portal
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
SHE IS A PRO. I feel like she should go to Ole Miss or somewhere with a bigger platform where she could thrive. I feel like she could make a big jump like Lou Lpez did going from Fairfield to Uconn.

Deberry i have just seen countless people saying that she just doesn't apply herself in practice and from what we have seen from other post players we will go small before we put someone out there that won't do anything. I could see her going to like a Virginia, Penn State type of school.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

IowaBear
You think it's possible for you to create a thread for portal commits? Even more specific the B12 schools ? Don't want to make too much work for ya. But it would be nice to see who the conference opponents are adding as portal players start committing
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Just started it.
Adriacus Peratuun
From a Baylor person that is usually "but not always" a reliable source of Baylor women's sports info:

Baylor WBB is a possible landing spot for a Top 30 HS Senior who signed elsewhere but is looking to exit that signing.

Baylor WBB will take at least 3 possibly 4 players from Portal.

Baylor is in GREAT position for its top Portal target and in very good & good position for two other Top 8 targets.

Baylor WBB's NIL "budget" received a very healthy contribution/commitment to contribute after the Sweet 16 showing. That $ is enough to make a difference.

The person offering these insights is correct about 75% of the time. Or maybe a better way to say it…….their insights become reality about 75% of the time.
Brusinbear2001
the high school recruit i would have to think it Imari Berry. I would think she would fit in well here. We could get Ruby as well they were going to be teammates at Clemson maybe there is a relationship there that could transfer here to be part of the nucleus going forward.

The top target for us would have to be Vanslooten as well.She is a difference maker for sure.
IowaBear
Thank you!!
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
Deja Kelly entered the portal but with going back to UNC on the table as well. I'm going with this is a going to see how much i'm worth move. She has been known to play with a ball hog mentality so i think we can pass on this one.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
boatergal
When does the portal close??
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
May 1
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.