Portal 2024

93,523 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
12au
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw this on Twitter. No idea how legit the account is...

Brusinbear2001
this one is pretty good most of the time. I could see her ready to make some visits she has been in the portal i believe since sweet 16 weekend
Dcheetah

As expected
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Yeah. I mean she is from Ohio.
Brusinbear2001
and also like we all said it is going to be tough to get a guard to want to be here. But i have been seeing and hearing a lot of Deja Kelly to Baylor noise. Her family is here in Texas, played with Sarah. She could be a 3 and Bella could go back to a 4. That would give us 3 ball handlers on the court, she could shoot, in the pick and roll she is a matchup nightmare. I could see it now watching more film on her.
sizzles0
Deja was also committed to Texas early on.
Dcheetah
as is Grace. Hopefully Grace doesnt follow her lead.
Brusinbear2001
with Cotie in a similar spot as her i don't see it honestly.
Wbbfan365
From a few instagram lives Jana, Sarah, Yaya im getting a sense of a visit today, i see some T-shirts and hats and stuff That they would normally wear when there is someone on a visit. Jana hinted something as well.
605Bear
Wbbfan365 said:

From a few instagram lives Jana, Sarah, Yaya im getting a sense of a visit today, i see some T-shirts and hats and stuff That they would normally wear when there is someone on a visit. Jana hinted something as well.
Yes, at the WBB Appreciation Dinner last Wednesday night, CNC said there was a visit on Sunday.
Brusinbear2001
i don't know about y'all but i am dying for a dominio to fall and now that we actually have someone on campus it just feels huge. My guess is either Grace or Deja!!
IowaBear
The Deja Kelly love fest is weird to me. She's incredibly average when you look past the PPG. The girl was under 35% from the field and 30% from 3. Sure she averages north of 15 a game. But that's an incredibly inefficient 15 a game. She's a borderline ball hog that requires a high usage rate. No thanks
Dcheetah
Not sure about a love fest but she is a player that multiple coaches and players follow. Gotta have something to talk about with so little info to be had.
Also some players shoot and share markedly better in a different environment - i.e. Tea Cooper.
Brusinbear2001
yeah, it could be different systems and a bunch of factors that ply into that. I just picture her in two man actions which is what CNC says is the hardest thing in basketball to guard especially when you have two players that have a lot of options to play out of that. And she is one that has the ability to pass very well, she can get down hill, she can score. Percentage wise i can see the argument of her having a lower one. But i feel which the injuries at the guard spot that UNC has had for a few years now a lot was on her back to not only create but to score as well. If she was to choose us i wouldn't be upset AT ALL!!
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
Well no Grace she decided to go to Michigan State.
boatergal
Major Bummer! Was she from Michigan??
Wbbfan365
It was between us and michigan state, cant believe she choose them after they have lost most of their team to the portal.
Brusinbear2001
no Ohio
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
I know right because we are in better spot than Michigan state, but I guess she wanted to be in big ten country which is closer to home.
Brusinbear2001
Do we think she was the one here yesterday or did she ever even come? Was it someone else? Any info on that yet?
Wbbfan365
It was definitely someone else, i dont think she ever came on a visit.
Wbbfan365
Deja kellys mom has started following

Baylorwbb
Texaswbb
Texas a&m wbb
Pages

I think deja kelly is looking to go back home.
Brusinbear2001
her brother goes to Waxahachie so we would be the closest to there out of those listed. I could see it being us, especially with her desire to be a pro.
Scottdye
Do we have any idea who visited?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Bear3
It definitely looks that way. It seems like Texas is pretty loaded for next year. Not sure how that will affect her decision:
Wbbfan29
The special guess is Ruby whitehorn!
Wbbfan365
Yes Ruby whitehorn, the following follow her now

Coach Sadie
Coach Nicki
Coach Caleb
Coach kianna

Players: Bella,kyla, jana, yaya, darianna, jada
Wbbfan365
https://www.instagram.com/stories/d1.ruby_/3346907325058661990?igsh=NTk4MjZqMDQ5ODEz
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Good player though she need to improve 3 point shooting and turnovers. She does have 2 years of eligibility as a 5 ft 11 inch guard.
Dcheetah
That grouping has been following her for awhile
Dcheetah
Bummer about Grace. She fit really well what we need.
BearTiger
Whitehorn visiting Baylor now. Then goes to LSU for visit.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.