Portal 2024

93,315 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Don't be shocked if Virginia Tech players hit the transfer portal. Their head coach left.
Dcheetah
If they do wouldn't mind Matilda Eck or the 6'6 frosh center.
Brusinbear2001
SAMEEEE
Brusinbear2001

i am not sure if she was put in here but I like the highlights, I would say she could fit because she has something the post players we have at the moment do not. It would make us even more versatile from that position. She was great off the role, she can pop to that mid range area, and also can help battle zones with that midrange shot. she has length, her defense was great. I could see it.

https://usdtoreros.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/harsimran-kaur/11441

she was very productive with little minutes as well.

She has real aspirations to go to the WNBA she would be the first from India to do it. I think we just need to give her the platform. To date there has not been a player that stood out to me in the way she has.

her Instagram has a lot of highlights
H.S.Dhami23
12au
Cameron Williams, a Michigan big, has entered the portal. Not super familiar w/ her game but that definitely would plug our biggest need
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Yep it would. She is 6 ft 3 inches tall and a grad senior. She isn't a bad option though there others who have averaged double double in points and rebounds in the transfer portal right now.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
impressive rebounding numbers and a new double double for a 5 ft 11 inch guard.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

Baylor has played against her twice in the past.
Brusinbear2001
And she was great, this wouldn't be a bad pick up in my opinion. Buggs will not be able to go handle the 4 all alone. She could also play the 5 at times if we needed anything smaller for whatever reason. And I think we could still go get another 5 player.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001 said:

And she was great, this wouldn't be a bad pick up in my opinion. Buggs will not be able to go handle the 4 all alone. She could also play the 5 at times if we needed anything smaller for whatever reason. And I think we could still go get another 5 player.

Even Bella could play the 4 if needed too, but you're right definitely need more front court especially the 5. There are some good options at the 5 position that are 6 ft 2 inches tall or taller who average or nearly average a double double in points and rebounds. Granted we will see what Madison Bartley does because she has a Covid year left, but even if she comes back a post player who can start is still needed.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Chibears2
Man, some assistant coaches having to pull some serious double duty right now between game prep and portal patrol!!
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Chibears2 said:

Man, some assistant coaches having to pull some serious double duty right now between game prep and portal patrol!!

Ain't that the truth.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
possible12
So, with collegiate athletics presently in wild, wild, west transfer mode, are we to assume Baylor has same academic transfer rules as all colleges (like UAPB or Morehead State or double transfers)?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
bawitdaball
Honestly I'm anxious to get through all the DII and mid-major players and find the elite talent who realize they need a particular style of play. I haven't been impressed with anyone who has entered the portal yet. Need some height and a proven track records at the 4 and 5. If you scored less than 10 ppg in the Southland conference, I don't expect you to contribute outside of the practice squad at a program the level Baylor needs to play at. Sad but realty. No one in the portal has a proven track record at an elite program. Baylor is elite. We should be recruiting and portal grabbing at the same level.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.