Portal 2024

93,849 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Eball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So would you rather have a stacked Freshman signing class or room to pick up talent from the portal?

How may transfers could we sign anyone have a number or estimate?
Brusinbear2001
I think you go for Freshman if you miss then you fill
holes with the portal.

I do not know what type of injury Ines has but she has a Leg Brace on and has not been playing at DME. But we return all of our guards unless the portal takes any away.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001 said:

holes with the portal.

I do not know what type of injury Ines has but she has a Leg Brace on and has not been playing at DME. But we return all of our guards unless the portal takes any away.

I concur. Having all guards return will help given Ines situation. At least Fritz could step up and fill in the spot. They could redshirt Ines and rush her back. No matter what transfer portal is needed for a post/forward player or two. We still need to know if Bartley is coming back because she has a Covid year.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
blackie
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

holes with the portal.

I concur. Having all guards return will help given Ines situation. At least Fritz could step up and fill in the spot. They could redshirt Ines and rush her back. No matter what transfer portal is needed for a post/forward player or two. We still need to know if Bartley is coming back because she has a Covid year.
I'm sure the staff already knows since they have to manage scholarships. But we don't carry the max anyway so it may not matter in that respect. She didn't participate in senior day so that is one sign. While Jana and Sarah publicized their return, is it really common now for players to state they are returning? Isn't that the assumption unless otherwise stated? It may be a nothing-burger to the team, it may just be fans speculating or worrying over things of which they neither have control or are privy to in regards to what goes on within the team.

I would like to see what Madison could do without the back problem. I know it was a much lesser conference, but she was player of the year. She must have talent, and I don't think we got a good chance to see that this year.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
blackie said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

holes with the portal.

I'm sure the staff already knows since they have to manage scholarships. But we don't carry the max anyway so it may not matter in that respect. She didn't participate in senior day so that is one sign. While Jana and Sarah publicized their return, is it really common now for players to state they are returning? Isn't that the assumption unless otherwise stated? It may be a nothing-burger to the team, it may just be fans speculating or worrying over things of which they neither have control or are privy to in regards to what goes on within the team.

I would like to see what Madison could do without the back problem. I know it was a much lesser conference, but she was player of the year. She must have talent, and I don't think we got a good chance to see that this year.

I know some players and schools have announced that the seniors are coming back for another while others don't. It just depends on the person and school. I do agree that it doesn't have to be maxed at 15 because it is hard to keep 15 players happy. As for Madison yeah I just think transition to power conference has hurt some besides back injury. I really do think another year would help her. Regardless though transfer at post/forward would help.
Bear3
We will be losing 3 players and have 2 freshmen coming in. Unless someone goes to the transfer portal, there will be one open spot if Nicki wants to keep roster at 13.

Obviously a tall experienced post player is our biggest need. Hopefully Lety and Kyla will continue to improve and can get some good minutes next year but doubt they will start.

Wbbfan365
Sorry to be harsh but i just don't see it for Madison with the competition coming in the conference i can see her still struggling, she needs to transfer or leave and we go for better post, i don't want to see her return.

With this being Sarah's last year i want us to have the best players to finish this year off with her. We really need to be a winning team next year, in order to get some good recruits to come in and replace who's leaving. Madison can go because shell just be taking up space, i don't see her playing much unless she improve alot. I see Kayla playing way more than madison as a freshman.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
SirBearALot
BUVA said:

Two tall ladies out of Wisconsin....Tessa Towers 6'5", other 6'4" Sacia Vanderpool...but looks like they had little playing time. Not many players over 6'3" in portal right now.

No pun intended ! Towers is a 6'5" Post !
Pegarita76
Yes transfer rules have changed, and the Kentucky coach is leaving too.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
BU71

Brusinbear2001 said:

holes with the portal.

Yes we will have battle tested depth at guard while we are losing lots of experience up front. DLP and Kayla Nelms, freshmen, will be there but who else? I would like to know if Bartley is returning and what are the expectations for Lety? Also, what is the status of Kyla Abraham? Baylor World Wonders!
drahthaar
BU71 said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

holes with the portal.

Yes we will have battle tested depth at guard while we are losing lots of experience up front. DLP and Kayla Nelms, freshmen, will be there but who else? I would like to know if Bartley is returning and what are the expectations for Lety? Also, what is the status of Kyla Abraham? Baylor World Wonders!

A tall guard with skills would be difficult to pass over, IMO. If the staff cannot sign a skilled post with experience, they had better find a tall forward (or two?) who can take some heat off the current posts. Not knowing what the staff thinks about the development of the current Bigs, it is tough to decipher what they are looking for or who they are recruiting seriously. Whatever else the status might be, they need to "stack" the first year class with ladies who can play right away rather than require three years to develop. Baylor doesn't have a three year cushion and everyone needs players who are ready to play big roles in year two. Break out the NIL or whatever it takes. Personally, I don't think the primary issue is NIL but it is great place to support recruiting.
BUVA
I remember Treasure Hunt--weren't we on her favored list?
Dcheetah
Nm - yes, at 1 time
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

BUVA
With the virtual disappearance of transfer rules, is looking to outstanding JUCO players dead? I know Scott Drew had remarkable success with JUCO players. Currently the only JUCO is Caterina, and I think she's gone unless can use covid year. JUCOs have to go somewhere after they complete their two years. At one time, many JUCOs were foreign students, who uses the two years to get a foot in the US school system and acclimate.
Wbbfan365
Really like her, think we should go for her, she played pretty good against us earlier in the season.

Brusinbear2001
i was just coming in here to put this, we recruited her out of high school. But imagine if we got her and we had Kyla Kyla and Kayla
Wbbfan365
Imagine, 6'6 kyla oldacre, 6'7 lety , 6'3 kyla Abraham, 6'1 Kayla Nelms.
BU71
Brusinbear2001 said:

i was just coming in here to put this, we recruited her out of high school. But imagine if we got her and we had Kyla Kyla and Kayla
I believe we should be open to a big who can rim run, rim protect and guard multiple positions. But so is everyone else with very few exceptions. I don't think we should bring in someone just to say we one. I want to see us to develope the the bigs we have in addition to being open to add the right talent if the opportunity arises. At the same time the three returning bigs, assuming Bartley comes back, have the ability to make an impact. I believe Kyla and Lety can be rim protectors and Madison, when healthy, contributed this year and should be much more effective next year.
Brusinbear2001
and then a player like Buggs just able to roam in that paint area and use her speed the High Low game that we could have. I do not know about y'all but i really really really see huge things next year for Kyla that's on the roster already. I think it was a mature decision to take the year to grow and develop. That was the biggest thing about her coming in is she has all the pieces just needs to be molded.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
BUVA
Arkansas 6'5" G/ F Jersey Wolfenbarger has committed to LSU.
Dcheetah
Tons of talent. Let's see if Kim can get it out of her.
HoustonBear15
Dcheetah
Kyla O would be a very good pickup. I would like that add! Hope we look.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.