Portal 2024

93,937 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Probably pie in the sky and have heard the heavies mentioned but not sure anyone really knows. We certainly have some connections.
Brusinbear2001
She is program changing and after that Iowa State game i am apart of the Kiki Fan Club. My hot take is she is better than Brink, but Brink just had more experience.

for our program she fits perfectly with no change in system at all. NIL might be an issue but like i said before when you win you get deals. They want players who are on teams in March.

I could just see a Kiki and Sarah duo being LETHAL!!
Dcheetah
Agree with all of that. Think she is better than Brink definitely offensively. She fits us like a glove. Now if we could only get her on campus.
sizzles0
HVL visiting Mississippi State this weekend.

What's the idea here? Go where you can take all the shots to pump up draft stock?
bawitdaball
Brusinbear2001 said:

She is program changing and after that Iowa State game i am apart of the Kiki Fan Club. My hot take is she is better than Brink, but Brink just had more experience.

for our program she fits perfectly with no change in system at all. NIL might be an issue but like i said before when you win you get deals. They want players who are on teams in March.

I could just see a Kiki and Sarah duo being LETHAL!!
She lacked experience and maturity. That is what made Brink better. Brink was a better rebounder but Kiki had a better drive and footwork. Kiki will be a program changer wherever she goes. I doubt Jana has any connection with her given they were years apart, but I expect her to go to someone playing in the second weekend of the tournament. Just hope she doesn't go somewhere where she will be forced to stand on the block and not utilized given her incredible mobility.
Brusinbear2001
her and Jana would have played Kiki's Freshman year together. And I do not know if i'm doing play ground pick up i'm getting Kiki. But just personal preference. Cameron Brink is AMAZINGGGG!!
BU71
Brusinbear2001 said:

it would be absolutely HUGE!!! and then imagine Kyla getting to learn from her!! Mannnnn
She touches all the bases CNC wants in a big but the same can be said for practically every coach in the country.
Brusinbear2001
even if she doesn't she is the type of player you make it work for if she wants to go to your school.
BearTiger
Kiki previously said Baylor was in her Final 5 due to relationship with Kim and coaching staff. Pursuing Masters degree. She has do not contact tag so she knows where she is going, or has a couple teams she is considering. Reports say she is pursuing NIL $$ for her 4th year.
Brusinbear2001
yeah but she didn't choose Baylor for a reason I think we have a lot of new stuff from Arean, to practice facility, to coaching staff, to players. Maybe we could talk to her because like we were talking about last night she is a perfect fit for what we need.
Leonidas
I'm probably in the minority, but I am still not a fan of one year rentals. Continuity is key. And with the extra Covid year about to end, those transferring in as seniors are really in their last year now. All things being even, I would prefer transfers with at least two years of eligibility left.

At least for wbb, you don't have the additional issue of the best young players leaving for the pros after 1 or even 2 years. That continuity certainly helped with the popularity of wbb this past year, and may continue to do so in the future.
Brusinbear2001
I think right now though we need a one year rental to get us in the top conversations so we can get back as a household name again. Once that happens NIL comes, recruits come, it's just a chain reaction.
BearTiger
Again, Kiki has do not contact tag so she knows where she wants to go. She is pursuing NIL $$ for her final year. Let's see if Baylor is offering big NIL. And she will probably want national tv exposure and a chance for Final 4. Guessing it will be one of the top 10 teams, maybe USC-w or UCLA and stay close to home.
Leonidas
Brusinbear2001 said:

I think right now though we need a one year rental to get us in the top conversations so we can get back as a household name again. Once that happens NIL comes, recruits come, it's just a chain reaction.
You may be right. Still not my preference, but I can understand the reasoning of why needed in certain situations. Regardless, I'm looking forward to see how things develop with the Baylor roster, including who the mystery visitor is this weekend.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
I can safely say it is not Ruby because I saw this
BearTiger
Whitehorn has do not contact tag. It's been verified she is visiting FSU and LSU within the next week.
Brusinbear2001
which i could very well see her in a USC or UCLA. But as a fan i'm just speculating. It wouldn't be a bad player to have.

I do believe with the other people who have went on visits and stuff the recruit coming would have to be Grace.
Chance is said to be going to Ohio State
Ruby is at Florida State
and those are the players we have been at for a while.

I do think Grace fits our system really well. Especially when teams try to zone us she can shoot them out of it and pass from the top of the key. It will give Buggs the opportunity to roam again get boards and use her sneaky athleticism.
Bear3
I think Grace would be a great player in Nicki's system and give us the height we need. I suspect Nicki would also be looking for one or two other players. I do really hope we can get Grace.
Adriacus Peratuun
Bear3 said:

I think Grace would be a great player in Nicki's system and give us the height we need. I suspect Nicki would also be looking for one or two other players. I do really hope we can get Grace.
Three adds is the likely target. Not expecting anything less than two.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
74Bear
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Bear3 said:

Three adds is the likely target. Not expecting anything less than two.

Your guess on the 2-3 ?
BUVA
sizzles0 said:

HVL visiting Mississippi State this weekend.

What's the idea here? Go where you can take all the shots to pump up draft stock?

A LSU fan friend told me an assistant coach from Louisville is on staff at MS State, so might be connection.
Wbbfan29
The head coach was HVL assistant coach at Louisville.
Dcheetah
Still in good position with our targets?
Are we looking at a late 24 add possibly still?
Brusinbear2001
besides Imari who is even left
Dcheetah
Think Awa Fam is a 24. Maybe another Euro.
Brusinbear2001
ooohhh okay okay i forgot about her
Dcheetah
Probably nothing but Sarah and Deja Kelly were Proskills teammates back in the day.

BU71
Dcheetah said:

Probably nothing but Sarah and Deja Kelly were Proskills teammates back in the day.

Deja Kelly is a very good three level player. Anyone know about her defense and assist making?
sizzles0
Dcheetah said:

Probably nothing but Sarah and Deja Kelly were Proskills teammates back in the day

Big nothing. Let's just say, UNC is the first team Deja played on that didn't disband or have their coach suspended shortly after her arrival.

Kind of surprised UNC hasn't disbanded the university altogether, or that the state of North Carolina hasn't sunk into the Atlantic ocean after she arrived. I'm kidding of course. But only half.
Wbbfan29
I really like Awa fam. Has anyone heard anything about her planning to play in the US?
BearTiger
Fam had zoom calls with LSU and Louisville. She is only 17 yo. She is still playing for Spain and decided to hold back/delay coming to US for visits. She hasn't decided yet if she wants go to college or continue to play in Europe. Since she is young, she can wait another year if she wants.
Brusinbear2001
any word or sighting of who is one campus today?
Wbbfan29
Nope radio silence
Brusinbear2001
i always wonder why we struggle to get information on the women's team in terms of recruiting and all that. It seems we get it for the men, we know who is coming, when, and just overall more information. I feel Coach Nicki is open with Media and stuff so i am just curious why that is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.