Portal 2024

93,185 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
could very well be it, they are both from Oregon
Wbbfan29
I just checked her tags off of her story and she is confirmed in waco. Well I hope she can convince her friend to commit to the bears.
Brusinbear2001
i know she is really close with Bickle too i believe she and Bickle went to the games in Portland together
Wbbfan29
I just hope we can get Arronette or Williams in the post.
BUVA
Wbbfan29 said:

I just hope we can get Arronette or Williams in the post.

Who is Williams?
Brusinbear2001
Cameron Williams she is a big from Michigan
BUVA
Brusinbear2001 said:

Cameron Williams she is a big from Michigan

Tks
Brusinbear2001
another pro is that we will be playing in Oregon so she would be guaranteed to play in front of Family this upcoming season!!
Brusinbear2001
i haven't seen Vonleh too much other than the tournament the passed two years and a bit of highlights but i have started to take a deeper dive. THAT GIRL CAN RUN THROUGH FLOOR. She is strong, she is a great roller. I'm sure CNC will teach her a lethal screen. I think she will be a good teacher to Kyla. i think not having a dominant big to feed off of has hurt her development as well. Like Lyss and Queen had Cox and Brown to learn from before it was their turn. We do not need a player that we have to feed 100% especially if we maintain our core.

I think a player like Ruby also helps give us some depth that we lost with a Denae size player. She gets a year not having to be the go to grow. It can also allow us to put Bella back at the four again. She is a player that can pick and have a lot of weapons going out of that.

I can see a lineup looking like

Jada
Sarah
Bella
Buggs
Nette

Jana
Yaya
Ruby
Kyla

Ines
Kayla
Madison
Brusinbear2001
regardless we should hear something about someone within the next few days
BU71
Brusinbear2001 said:

i haven't seen Vonleh too much other than the tournament the passed two years and a bit of highlights but i have started to take a deeper dive. THAT GIRL CAN RUN THROUGH FLOOR. She is strong, she is a great roller. I'm sure CNC will teach her a lethal screen. I think she will be a good teacher to Kyla. i think not having a dominant big to feed off of has hurt her development as well. Like Lyss and Queen had Cox and Brown to learn from before it was their turn. We do not need a player that we have to feed 100% especially if we maintain our core.

I think a player like Ruby also helps give us some depth that we lost with a Denae size player. She gets a year not having to be the go to grow. It can also allow us to put Bella back at the four again. She is a player that can pick and have a lot of weapons going out of that.

I can see a lineup looking like

Jada
Sarah
Bella
Buggs
Nette

Jana
Yaya
Ruby
Kyla

Ines
Kayla
Madison
Is Ines fully recovered from her knee injury?
Brusinbear2001
no probably will be mid season I would expect her to maybe redshirt and grow in the system a year and take on a full summer going into season.
BU71
Brusinbear2001 said:

no probably will be mid season I would expect her to maybe redshirt and grow in the system a year and take on a full summer going into season.
We should be okay with the guards we have coming back but we will need her to be ready for the 24-25 season. We will need help upfront from Kyla, Kayla and any transfers we might bring in.
Brusinbear2001
If you need to know who Vonleh is and why we need her in a BU uniform here is why

Interesting stat during the game for her
Her Squat personal best 455
Bench double rep was 225

ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
itsjuzme
itsjuzme
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Wbbfan365
Brusinbear2001
this is making me ANXIOUS NOW
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

Now this is where I meant to post.
Brusinbear2001
My guess is it's going to be Vonleh because Yeaney who was in Waco while she visited said "Some Big News is going to be dropping real soon"that post has gained traction from Sadie!!
12au
If we added Muhammad to play the 5 our D would be elite. The fit on O is tough, though
Wbbfan365
Same and bendu just tweeted saying some great news will be dropping soon. I think were getting vonleh.
Brusinbear2001
Her and Kyla as a Second Wave in the post would be FAST and the defense would be intense. Kyla has to love Baylor, this was a dream school for her. She could easily have gotten in the portal last year or this year but she has been working on her game. I think we will be really surprised but what she brings to the table this year!!
Adriacus Peratuun
12au said:

If we added Muhammad to play the 5 our D would be elite. The fit on O is tough, though
O - tough? Too harsh. Limited? Yes.

She would be a very effective rim-roller in high ball screen actions. She would be very effective at slips.
Back side rebounding putbacks, good. She would currently not be great at pops in any form.

She could also be deadly in transition winning the FTL to bucket race on a consistent basis.

Not having a 5 that can hit the open jumper limits our O……..but we had many games where that was true……consistent shooting form the 5 position has not been great. When the 5 hits the jumper [Bickle or Edwards] our O generally sizzled. But it is infrequent.

Given the current roster status at the 5 [true for most programs]…..will gladly take "Good w/ some limitations". Two players that can defend, rebound, rim-roll, slip, run in transition, etc. would be a solid stand up double/sliding triple outcome.
12au
I was mostly worried about going against a packed paint if she's in a lineup w/ Walker and Buggs. But the flip-side advantages are there. And it's not like Edwards and Blackwell spaced the floor much for us this year anyway.

She may rebound as well as Blackwell, though I'm guessing she has higher foul rate. She has finished at the rim better as well.

If we could land her it'd be a great addition. Not sure if she fixes the post defense issue completely, but can't imagine our perimeter defense would fall off much.
Adriacus Peratuun
12au said:

I was mostly worried about going against a packed paint if she's in a lineup w/ Walker and Buggs. But the flip-side advantages are there. And it's not like Edwards and Blackwell spaced the floor much for us this year anyway.

She may rebound as well as Blackwell, though I'm guessing she has higher foul rate. She has finished at the rim better as well.

If we could land her it'd be a great addition. Not sure if she fixes the post defense issue completely, but can't imagine our perimeter defense would fall off much.
Walker hopefully has gotten her confidence back.

Buggs…….well, we simply are going to have to run more 4 and 5 player dual actions when she is on the court. She kills our O in many 2 player actions.
Brusinbear2001
I think the way she was able to pop into the midrange specifically against USC was great if we can really hone in on that I think she can really add another element to our offense. I think with a better true post player in there they will have to be glued to that player and she will get a lot more space to roam on the court.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.