Portal 2024

93,807 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Bear3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would be very surprised if Nicki pursues Hannah,
baylor1984
Gusters seems like a headache waiting to happen.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

This player is 6 ft 4 inches tall at forward and would be a grad senior.
gobears20
Staff
Gusters stats
27 PTS | 5 RBS vs Utah Tech
24 PTS | 4 RBS vs Texas Tech
22 PTS | 5 RBS vs Oklahoma
20 PTS | 5 RBS vs #21 Baylor
13 PTS | 4 RBS vs #8 Kansas State
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Yeah that not impressive on the glass but scoring is a different story. This is why that I would prefer to get someone who averaged a double double in points and rebounds with height like 6 ft 2 or 3 inches or taller.
possible12
Bear3 said:

Seems like she played quite a bit At OSU. Not sure what she is looking for. This will be her 3rd transfer and that will raise red flag for many teams.
Mainly NIL bid choice. More will do this now that unlimited transfer ok'd. $ talks if you can play and academic eligibility is a nothing burger. Yes, wild, wild west for now.
BUVA
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

Seriously? This is third transfer for her. I thought she'd stick at OSU.
BUVA
Van Slooten only player I remember, she's a good shooter.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Easy Money
Bs lose 20 pounds and she could be a difference maker we would compete for that big 12 title
Easy Money
I made enough mistakes when I was young to get suspended from hell … give em a chance if she would come home BU
BU71

She transferred from BU to LSU, then to OK State. Will she need to get a release or is she a grad transfer?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
That's a good question because it is a messy situation. I would think grad transfer. I know that the rule on multiple transfers to schools does not exist anymore.
Adriacus Peratuun
There are no transfer limitations this season.

The NCAA was sued over transfer limitations, a temporary injunction was granted prohibiting the NCAA from limiting transfers, and the parties entered into an agreement to suspend transfer limitations for this school year so that the trial for permanent injunction would not be rushed and so the rules would not potentially change mid-year.

Any player can transfer to any school at any point this year without limitation or need to redshirt.
BUVA
Bear3 said:

I would be very surprised if Nicki pursues Hannah,

Is that even possible? Can a player return to a school after transferring? Just curious since it seems pretty much there are no rules anymore.
Adriacus Peratuun
If you could build [almost] the exact opposite of what Collen wants in a post, it is Gusters.

Slow, terrible on D rotations, high foul rate, bad at pick & roll or pick & pop, etc.
franke
You don't think they would pursue?
Adriacus Peratuun
franke said:

You don't think they would pursue?
As a Worst Case Scenario benchrider? Maybe.
To please Sarah Andrews and have a deep bench backup? Maybe.

15 scholarships allow for some interesting decisions.

To be a key rotation piece? No.
BU71
Adriacus Peratuun said:

If you could build [almost] the exact opposite of what Collen wants in a post, it is Gusters.

Slow, terrible on D rotations, high foul rate, bad at pick & roll or pick & pop, etc.
I agree, even thought her mobility and stamina have improved she still doesn't fit CNC's style of play well enough. Besides it would only be for a year, I'd rather see that developmental time spent on players with multiple years of eligibility remaining.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
franke
I agree, I think the non-basketball drama could hurt the team more than it would help. I am hopeful they don't pursue, but think they may want a "big", even if it doesn't fit their offense
Bear3
I just cannot see any way that Nicki will pursue Gusters. There are already better post players in portal. Plus I think it is likely Gusters would affect team chemistry. She is looking for her 4th school. That alone should be huge red flag.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

BUVA
Two tall ladies out of Wisconsin....Tessa Towers 6'5", other 6'4" Sacia Vanderpool...but looks like they had little playing time. Not many players over 6'3" in portal right now.
Brusinbear2001
i could see her going to like a UCF with Coach Messer maybe. Didn't she complete that first year at LSU while she was there. Maybe that coaching change is what made her going to Oklahoma State.
Brusinbear2001
Liatu King out of Pittsburgh is someone i could see us going after. She has had great numbers against great opponents. She was the most improved player in the ACC. Only thing is she is 6'0. But she is not a bad player at all.
uglytobone
https://www.thenexthoops.com/features/2023-24-transfer-portal-tracker-ncaa-womens-basketball/
Brusinbear2001
Coach Sadie has followed Liatu King from Pitt that recently entered the portal. This has usually been the best way to keep up with who we are looking at.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
BU71

Is this all this movement a matter of trying to prove you are ready for a higher level of competition, or "the grass is greener syndrome?"
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
I would think ready for higher competition. It could also be NiL.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.