Portal 2024

93,836 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HVL was put into position at LSU where she could not thrive it ruined her entire 3 years of work at Louisville to have draft stock. She has to go somewhere where she can build that up again.
IowaBear
She went to LSU to learn the point as she's got no shot at WNBA as a SG. It didn't work out. Square peg round hole.
Y'all are reading too much into it.
baylorbear33
Brusinbear2001 said:

HVL was put into position at LSU where she could not thrive it ruined her entire 3 years of work at Louisville to have draft stock. She has to go somewhere where she can build that up again.
She wasn't exactly forced into that - she wanted to work into the point guard position in an attempt to make herself more attractive to the WNBA. That did not happen for a number of reasons, but she is the one that made that decision.
IowaBear
Bingo… it's out there for everyone to see. She chose LSU to work on the PG position. She's just too slow to play the position. She's a darn good college SG but she's never gonna play in the WNBA
Brusinbear2001
but like why did she guard Caitlin when Johnson is their best defender? It was bad coaching decisions as well as her not being a PG. Yes she asked for it. Should there have been adjustments yes but there wasn't. Who is there to blame for that though the athlete or the coaching staff?
IowaBear
Who you taking off the court? It's easy to armchair coach after the fact. Williams and Johnson are better guards. She wasn't going to start over them. She came to lSU to play the PG as that was her only shot at the pros.
Flau'jae guarded Clark a few times and got dusted. Clarks not exactly easy to guard as you seem to think is the case.
baylorbear33
Brusinbear2001 said:

but like why did she guard Caitlin when Johnson is their best defender? It was bad coaching decisions as well as her not being a PG. Yes she asked for it. Should there have been adjustments yes but there wasn't. Who is there to blame for that though the athlete or the coaching staff?
Putting Flaujau on CC would have gotten her in foul trouble, and she couldn't afford to lose her on the offensive end. Williams is not any quicker than Hailey on the defensive side at the moment, so that was not an option either. She tried Poa there, but she picked up several fouls. In my opinion, there was no guarding CC that night. And that was just one night - She tried to help Hailey work into that position all season. She just did not have the speed for it. That's not her fault or coaches fault, it just did not work out. I realize that everyone here wants to jump on the blame CKM for everything that is wrong in the world bandwagon, but that is misplaced in this instance.
boatergal
Sytia Messer told me that Kim was just so certain HVL was coming to Baylor...then last minute, she chose Louisville. Messer & Kim made several trips to WA to recruit HVL. She struggled this year...not surprised to see her in the portal
Brusinbear2001
i could tell you before the game even started that was definitely not the matchup you wanted. Johnson is your best defender and if you want to win you put her on CC. HVL should have guarded Gabby Marshal for sure. Nobody can be critical on bad decisions your coach makes ever. it's weird
IowaBear
You can be critical all you want. Doesn't make you right. Johnson was in foul trouble all night.
Funny I knew once the news broke of her transferring you'd be on here *****ing about Mulkeys coaching… weird how that works.
CC went off there was no beating Iowa with how she played in that game. Don't see you criticizing SC and Staley for how they defended her last year. Some times things just don't work out. That was the case for HVL at LSU.
I just find it funny that as soon as KSU loses you get back to crying about Mulkeys coaching or lack thereof in your eyes
blackie
baylorbear33 said:

blackie said:

She'll probably have to take a pay cut. :-) She apparently didn't want to be with Mulkey at Baylor (turned us down). Perhaps she has found she really doesn't want to be with Kim.
If you followed LSU this year, you would know this is not about Kim. She attempted to learn the point guard position, and it was not a great fit for either her or LSU. Had she stayed at LSU, she would have had to come off the bench next year as there is no way CKM was benching Johnson or Williams, and she is after an experienced point guard in the portal as we speak. Someone with Hailey's experience and past success was never going to be a bench player. She's looking to get back to her natural SG position to bring her WNBA stock back up for next year.
I guess that explains it....why should I have followed LSU??? They are not my team.
IowaBear
Rumors in Ames that Addy Brown may end in portal. Just rumors at this point and hopefully she stays. But that would be a big blow for the clones
Brusinbear2001
Because in that situation it was coaching i belief i said it here after they lost to Mississippi State that Johnson should have the ball in her hands more than HVL. Every game they lost it started with HVL not being in positions to be successful. They didn't have a point guard at all. Coach changes needed to be made to win that game and HVL guarding CC was not it. And even when Johnson wasn't in foul trouble she wasn't guarding her. And idk if you have but i'm sure you did watch other LSU games this year but Johnson has been their best defensive guard all season and it wasn't even remotely close. Williams probably being the worst out of the 4 that played.

I have been very active in this board and have watched a lot of basketball this whole season not just Baylor. The only reason you feel i talk about LSU is because on this board that's all we seem to talk about. If only you are allowed to post about other teams then okay. But i was stating that she is transferring and the reasons are obvious period that is it. I feel coaching should have put her in better situations to be successful and because they did not do so she entered the portal that's the story.

This is all fact base and not because i do not like mulkey because like i have also stated be for is that when she was here i supported her and Baylor because i am a Baylor fan. I like basketball and i want to be able to openly discuss it. I only come to this page and subscribe because I am from Waco and grew up a Baylor wbb fan.
IowaBear
You have zero idea why she transferred that's literally speculation on your end. I have nothing against being critical of coaching. The problem is you cry every time someone's criticizing CNC. What that tells me is you're ok being critical of certain coaches. Which is fine but let's call it what it is.
We're never going to agree on here and that's fine
Brusinbear2001
well okay me and the rest of america who actually pay attention to womens basketball know why she is in the portal. It's obvious. No we won't always agree because KM is a HOF coach she is there is no arguing that, and she did not make a good decision at all. CNC has been expected to come here and be KM and was never given a chance to prove herself. She could have won a national championship with the first team but people would say why didn't you win 3 the first year. No matter what she has done her, whether that is win or lose people have not given her a chance. I am not necessarily saying you at all. With you it's just more so we have to love KM or never speak on basketball if it revolves around her that's my issue with you.
IowaBear
You can hate KM I could care less. Just don't cry like a bs y when people criticize CNC.
HVL is in the portal because she didn't fit at LSU and was gonna start at one of the other guard spots over Johnson or Williams. But you go ahead and keep telling yourself it's something bigger than that.
I HAVE zero problems with anyone having a differing opinion or wanting to criticize coaches (absolutely fair)
What I do have an issue with is you bawling your eyes out every time someone dare criticize CNC. Can't have it both ways bud.
Anyways sone arguing, enjoy your Thursday evening.
Also I've been more than fair with CNC and have never expected her to repeat Mulkeys achievements. I'm probably a bigger fan of CNC than 90% of this board
Dcheetah
Agree. Flau'Jae guarded Caitlin a lot last year and didn't fare well either. Since Flau'jae already had several fouls, I think CKM didn't want CC to foul her out.
IowaBear
That's exactly what happened. LSU had no one who could guard CC. Flau'jae included. She's a tough guard
Jorkel
IowaBear said:

That's exactly what happened. LSU had no one who could guard CC. Flau'jae included. She's a tough guard

She's cooked everyone for two years. Real question is why they couldn't stop the other 4 players from shooting 50% or higher.
IowaBear
Valid question, I do think Clark is one of those rare players that makes the talent around her even better. Stuelke is pretty good. But the other 3 are below average players who Clark makes look way better than they actually are.
BUVA
IowaBear said:

Rumors in Ames that Addy Brown may end in portal. Just rumors at this point and hopefully she stays. But that would be a big blow for the clones

She's good, and a freshman!
IowaBear
Yeah I hope she stays and the rumors are BS. They have a young talented core to build off
Brusinbear2001
you must have misunderstood where i said i do not hate KM and think she is a great coach deserves to be apart of the HOF but against Iowa the lack of adjustments is what ruined it. Atleast keep throwing different people at her ñ. Switch to a zone for a few possessions. Do something yk throw off rhythm nothing like that was done. They had the lead at one point but Iowa adjusted along with Angel having that ankle injury.

I think Johnson grew sooo much from last year to now. In crunch time why didn't HVL guard her because Johnson was the better choice. Johnson is the best returning player on their roster and will be the nucleus going forward. LSU is great at recruiting excited for women's basketball. Hopefully HVL finds her time to shine as well because it's just better for the game.

I enjoy the system we have here at Baylor now. I think that end of the year really shows what we can be defensively. And k love to be a defensive team first and allow our guards to get out and run. We have seen improvement year after year from the staff. I'm excited to see what next year brings. We had our hiccups and at times it was difficult to watch. But i support Baylor WBB, and whoever the coach is i am going to ride with them.
Cp2310
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Cp2310 said:

Already mentioned.

https://sicem365.com/forums/4/topics/137735/replies/3699042
Cp2310
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Cp2310 said:

already mentioned by someone else

https://sicem365.com/forums/4/topics/137735/replies/3698983
scrublord333
Is there any speculation on why Lety Vasconcelos is transferring?
Cp2310
Saw that. Still hurts to loose players. Opens the door for a rim runner and tall guard.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
scrublord333 said:

Is there any speculation on why Lety Vasconcelos is transferring?

To be honest I have no idea. It could be for multiple reasons.
scrublord333
Felt like she would have a big impact in her second year with her size. However, in her limited minutes this past season she couldn't really handle the ball.
BU71
scrublord333 said:

Felt like she would have a big impact in her second year with her size. However, in her limited minutes this past season she couldn't really handle the ball.
She did fumble several rebounds and passes but I believe she will overcome that with time and more strength training, wherever she winds up.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Not a shocker. Georgia Amoore commits to Kentucky.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

Same goes for Clara Strack.
BU71

Same goes for Clara Strack.
Two very good players. What else does the coach have to work with in Kentucky?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.