Portal 2024

93,972 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
im hoping Grace
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
it could also be Liatu King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
BUatbirth
Oregon and Oregon St. together may have enough left for a team
Brusinbear2001
Do we throw the kitchen sink at a player like Regan Beers who just entered the portal ? Or does she make us have to change our systems too much?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Beers apparently has a do not contact tag.
IowaBear
UCONN is my guess
Brusinbear2001
But Uconn has the Egypt player coming in and Sarah Strong. I do not think either would want to have to play behind Beers. They also have Patterson who is a forward. They were all either in High school or hurt
IowaBear
None of those you listed would have the impact Beers would. Genos career is winding down. I think he wants to make 1 more strong push for a Natty. Adding her to pair with Bueckers and a healthy Fudd would be lethal. Not to mention Arnold and Brady as key role players. But this is still just a guess on my end
Brusinbear2001
have you seen either of them play. Sarah Strong is going to be a great freshman for sure i promise they are going to be okay with out her.

Beers is great but those players are too. They just haven't had opportunities yet.
IowaBear
Beers brings experience. And yes I've seen em play. Beers is the better player right now without question. She's one of the top bigs in the country. And no where did I say the wouldn't be ok without her… you act like I'm ******ed and it's hilarious
Brusinbear2001
i don't i just try to have conversations you took that out of context for sure. i don't think they need Beers, she is outstanding yes, if they get her are the great yes, if they don't see they great still yes.

I think with this passed season showed is that these Freshman are great when given the opportunity I believe Sarah Strong is a great player that deserves an opportunity to showcase that. Maybe she could at the 4 with Beers at the 5. it could work but i do not think that is where she goes.
IowaBear
Then who needs Beers? Tell me where exactly she's going? Since you know who does and doesn't need her?
Brusinbear2001
i didn't say k know exactly i'm just commenting that i do not think Uconn is the spot, i've been hearing people say OU being a possibility but once again i will say I do not know where she will go, but was just commenting on the post that you said.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
bearbone11
May not be relevant, but Beers comes from the same area of Colorado as Jana Van Gytenbeek. A possible connection there?
R11
Eball
Beers would be a great addition!
Eball
The sheer number of quality kids in the Portal is amazing. Every top Program should be able to upgrade their roster.

I start to look at some of the elite programs and wonder why some kids would transfer in as it looks like they would be in a fight to start and get playing time?

The portal is a driving force for why we see so many more really competitive programs.

I would have to believe that we are going to get some real quality transfers. It would be tough making sure you get the right fit.
Wbbfan365
Hearing someone is on their way to waco for a visit.
blackie
Eball said:

The portal is a driving force for why we see so many more really competitive programs.

And exactly why I don't think you will ever see any coach in the future in NCAA WBB that doesn't already have at least 2 NCs ever get to 3, much less more. The competition is just too great at that ultimate level. I think the term "elite coach" will have to be based on something other than number of NCs for those that are not already considered "elite".
Eball
blackie said:

Eball said:

And exactly why I don't think you will ever see any coach in the future in NCAA WBB that doesn't already have at least 2 NCs ever get to 3, much less more. The competition is just too great at that ultimate level. I think the term "elite coach" will have to be based on something other than number of NCs for those that are not already considered "elite".
You could be right time will tell...I think there are still about 5 programs who seem to get way more upper end talent that serve them well for long runs into March.

UCONN
South Carolina
LSU
Texas (now with their move to the SEC)

PAC teams sort of destructed. Tara retired)

Maybe Notre Dame still not convinced that they have an elite coach recruiter yes coach not so sure.

I think Baylor is solidly in that next tier of about 25 teams who will get their fair share of talent and at various times be able to go all the way.

so much more about building a roster year to year than it used to be...if you recruit freshman and they don't play significant role they leave, they used to stay to be developed or supply depth. Now you are constantly churning your roster and if you sign a significant player another player may decide to leave! Takes a lot of finesse. That Roster at South Carolina will likely never be duplicated again. Way too many really talented kids who all deserve to start...she did a great job of playing a lot of people a lot of minutes but that is really the exception not the rule....to date.

ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
i called it!! it just made the mistake of sense when she entered the portal.
DFW Bill
Reagan Beers, 6'4" Post from Oregon State, Sophomore just entered the transfer portal. Averaged 17.5 points a game, 10.2 rebounds, hit 66% of her shots, Third Team All AMERICAN.

Reportedly looking at UConn, Texas, Notre Dame, LSU and two others. Will decide sooner than later, per reports out of Corvallis, Or.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
boatergal
Let's hope this is the "Sunday 4/14 Visitor" that CNC mentioned a couple of days ago!
Brusinbear2001
my guess is Grace VanSlooten
Wbbfan29
I hope so !! I think her teammate Chance will commit to Ohio state soon.
boatergal
I like that even more! I had heard some scuttle that she was headed to LSU...I hope you're right
Someone with her height & ball skills would take us to another level!
Brusinbear2001
KiKi Iriafen is in the portal, i say forget anything else and go after her HARDDDDDD. She is just that good of a player. People are calling baby Aja for Aja Wilson. Jana hopefully y'all were besties and you can drW her to the green and gold. She is the missing piece for a title.
IowaBear
Kiki has a do not contact. My guess is one of the big fish land her. Same with beers
Brusinbear2001
So i have been hearing this isn't because they know where they are going but they do not want unnecessary conversations with places she know she isn't going to. Maybe with Jana we can spark a conversation. Like literally that's all we need to be a title contender.

You show her film of Lyss not just in college but how she has been able to take what she learned from Baylor and apply it to the W. Tell her this is the position you will be in. We had the guard play that led us to a sweet 16 and that core returns you will be a shoe in to start. The offensive scheme provides her freedom to display her elite skill set, defensively if we have a big like her we could be one of the best defenses in the country.
Dcheetah
We were in Kiki's final 5 before she chose Stanford but I don't think she ever visited.

Brusinbear2001
it would be absolutely HUGE!!! and then imagine Kyla getting to learn from her!! Mannnnn

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.