Portal 2024

93,831 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Adriacus Peratuun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BUatbirth said:

ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

Oklahoma or UConn??? Odd grouping
Both teams run modified Princeton Motion offenses.

BUatbirth
That explains it. Thanks AP
BearTiger
Read that LSU is done pursuing guards. They got 3 guards today, 2 are PG's and 1 CG, and addtl new PG commit coming next month. So LSU fans are saying Whitehorn's visit is cancelled since they got their 3 G's. LSU now pursuing another tall post to add with Wolfenbarger. Hopefully Whitehorn is still considering Baylor. She would be a good speedy scoring G for us.
Dcheetah
Brusinbear2001
Come start the Desoto to Baylor Pipeline early!!!!!!!
Bear3
CNC already after her and she would be a great addition! A couple of years of eligibility left.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
12au
Lani White, 5-11 guard. I thought she had some good moments. Though I think she was at edge of rotation. Looked like a player due for bigger role this season
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
could we see her make a return to Waco?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
To be honest I'm not sure. It wouldn't shock me either way on this.
Brusinbear2001
her good games were against great teams so it wouldn't be bad in my opinion
Adriacus Peratuun
No one really knows how good Dauda can be.

Crazy Man Neighbors took this roster [even after Wolfenbarger left it was really talented] and drove it into the ditch with his antiquated schemes.
He promised every player a central role in a new offense and then magically transported his entire team back to 2014 and his old school PG dominant dribble drive offense.

How many coaches can drive off 6-7 P5 high level players [look who grabbed/will grab them] and produce an 18-15 team [6-10 in conference]?

Dauda might be a Home Run for some team. Who really knows.
BU71
Adriacus Peratuun said:

No one really knows how good Dauda can be.

Crazy Man Neighbors took this roster [even after Wolfenbarger left it was really talented] and drove it into the ditch with his antiquated schemes.
He promised every player a central role in a new offense and then magically transported his entire team back to 2014 and his old school PG dominant dribble drive offense.

How many coaches can drive off 6-7 P5 high level players [look who grabbed/will grab them] and produce an 18-15 team [6-10 in conference]?

Dauda might be a Home Run for some team. Who really knows.
Dauda has dealt with injuries but if she is healthy she is a real presence in the post.
12au
CNC just followed Maryam Dauda on IG
bearbone11
Someone else may remember better, but wasn't Dauda planning to decommit even before the coaching change because she wanted to be close to home? Funny how that works out.

I see her as a take if she's interested for her rim protection alone. I saw her as the next Lauren Cox before her injury and the shakeup.
R11
BUatbirth
That's true
BearTiger
No, she committed to Kim due to connecting with/having good relationship with Kim. Kim visited Dauda at home and her family fell in love with Kim. She committed to Baylor without stepping foot on campus. She decommitted when Kim left for LSU (not before). She waited to see who the new Baylor coach was going to be. When Coach N was announced as head coach, she decommitted and decided stay close to home with AR instead of going to another school. She is good friends with Wolfenbarger, who recently transferred to LSU.
Bear3
I had also heard that it was likely Dauda was going to decommit even if Kim
Had stayed and go to Arkansas which is closer to her home, . She committed during COVID and never could visit campus. Also heard Nicki wanted to go see her after she took coaching position but couldn't because of COVID,
Dcheetah
Maryam was leaving whether or not Kim had stayed. Kim leaving and Nicki coming just made it easy.
Dcheetah
Maryam was leaving whether or not Kim had stayed. Kim leaving and Nicki coming just made it easy. Wheels were already in motion. She did like Kim though and it is certainly possible she might be looking that way now since she recruited both Jersey and Maryam and has a preexisting relationship. She never gave Nicki a chance to recruit her. Let's hope she does this time.

Brusinbear2001
let's also say Bella is REALLYYYYY CLOSE TO HER AS WELL. I'm sure she would host her visit if she was to go there. Believe she hosted Bella at Arkansas. they played AAU together. Maybe a change of scenery and getting in a totally new system would be good for her!!
Dcheetah
Dp
Dcheetah
I think it would. She seems like a young lady that would thrive here from her prior interviews.
Brusinbear2001
she would add more defensive presence, we lose two bigs in buggs and Dree. Depending on matchup buggs can either play 30 minutes or barely scratch 20. She brings a size element that could be at the four spot. She seems to shoot better than Amina either would be great. But maybe all the new shiny stuff at Baylor and a Bella would be enough to sway her back home!!
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
Ruby has canceled her visit to LSU

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.