Portal 2024

93,864 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brusinbear2001
Timea Gardiner is in the portal we need her to be our big and we can run our offense to a T. She was able to guard some big players this season able to shoot she would be a perfect fit
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Yep. Timea is also a good 3 point shooter. Grace Van Slooten is good too but not a 3 point shooter. However Grace is a better defender in terms of stats. Either option is good to me. Both are 6 ft 3 inches tall at forward and same amount of eligibility.
Wbbfan29
Van slooten visting Michigan state . Might look to stay home.
Brusinbear2001
i think we could get both honestly we have the room for it. Not everyone will start but we will have the opportunity to compete for a national championship. We were able to put rebound a team in USC with our small roster this past season imagine with two bigger players, both who have great offensive games. The NIL comes the WNBA scouts come, the viewers come. We need these players. If we get big names as well we really should be supporting the players as well. I am a person that believes packed gyms is why kids want to play foe only thing better is a packed brand new gym.
Brusinbear2001
where did you see this?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
BUVA
Her 4th school, like Gusters.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
I honestly wouldn't mind losing a guard for this one. She is OUTSTANDING. She is a big guard, I would take her over Chance. But the only thing is i believe she is a senior next year and so we would still lose every single guard besides Ines.

This is an overly bold take, and I definitely doubt it would happen but I wouldn't mind it. She is just that great of a player in my opinion. In all those times we played her she played very well.
IowaBear
That's a big one. Probably the best player in the portal to date
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Well Laila has a do not contact tag.
Dcheetah
Bummer
Brusinbear2001
that is extremely interesting, because i would not wven guess where. Maybe Kentucky?? lol i have no idea
Brusinbear2001
i will add Coach Nicki has now also started following Deja Kelly. Watching more film on her i can see it. She is a three level scorer and UNC plays a heavy ball screen offense. If you put a player like her and Grace or her and Bella in a ball screen there is sooo many ways two players like that can play it that it because almost impossible to guard. I think that's what made us so good with Lyss and Sarah/ Jordan Lee. Once we really knew the reads there was sooo much that we could do that it was almost impossible to stop. I think the depth is what really hurt us come march that year.

Also if i'm the staff i am showing Grace/ Lyss film that could be the type of stuff we run for her and she could be a dominate player in the wbb game as well. That kind of style is going to be her ticket to the league.
baylorbear33
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

Well Laila has a do not contact tag.

She roomed with Angel Reese last summer during the USA basketball stuff, so LSU may have already garnered her attention.
IowaBear
Isn't she an off guard and not a PG? Can't see her at LSU as they have one of the better SGs In the country already in Johnson
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
ANOTHER HUGEEEE ONE. I do not know why it really seemed that she loved Coach Taylor and the program so this one has me lost.I could honestly see her going to LSU but I think they would lose someone like a Del Rosario if they did.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Apparently Janiah Barker has a do not contact tag.
baylorbear33
IowaBear said:

Isn't she an off guard and not a PG? Can't see her at LSU as they have one of the better SGs In the country already in Johnson
I wasn't sure myself, but when I googled the question, it brought up an article from 3/6/24 that called her a 'true point guard':

https://www.michigandaily.com/sports/womens-basketball/phelia-earns-all-big-ten-first-team-honors-hansen-honorable-mention/#google_vignette
Dcheetah
Hate all these do not contact tags. Usually means they have already worked out their transfer location before entering the portal.

Nicki recruited Janiah out of Georgia HS but bet she says in SEC and heads back East.
IowaBear
Ahh good find. Hadn't watched any Michigan this year so I was going off previous years
BUVA
Dcheetah said:

Hate all these do not contact tags. Usually means they have already worked out their transfer location before entering the portal.

Nicki recruited Janiah out of Georgia HS but bet she says in SEC and heads back East.

Do they make prior arrangements through third party? Thought coaches weren't supposed to contact players until they officially entered the portal.
Brusinbear2001
I think it is more so do not contact me i will contact you about interest. From what I understood. I think it is a way to limit unnecessary phone calls.
Dcheetah
Yes but definitely 3rd party contact too.
Brusinbear2001
Laila Phelia took the no contact tag off. Maybe the place she wanted to go already had other plans.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Lucy Olsen apparently has entered transfer portal from Villanova.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Dcheetah
Dcheetah
Dcheetah

Good production vs top teams. Fun to think about but only a 1 year rental. I'd take her nevertheless if she wanted to come. Guessing Yaya would move on in that case.
IowaBear
Doubt it would be Felder. If she came it would be to start. That's pushing Sarah to the bench. And likely the portal imo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.