Portal 2024

93,777 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
Bristow is from Texas and was a State MVP in believe for UIL. She was great a big guard. I think m another thing we have to think about in this portal season all of our guards run out of eligibility next season.
Brusinbear2001
besides Bella and Denae.
BUVA
Brusinbear2001 said:

Bristow is from Texas and was a State MVP in believe for UIL. She was great a big guard. I think m another thing we have to think about in this portal season all of our guards run out of eligibility next season.

I was surprised to see she was from Texas when looked at roster earlier this year. Diew is pretty good, too...I remember her more from last year than this season. Both are 6'2", so not really bigs, but decent shooters.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

She is a 6 ft 2 inch forward who will be a junior next year.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Yeah Diew was more of a bench player this season.
Bone Squad
I remember Diew played out of her mind against us last year, but not sure what can be consistently expected from her.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
True, and this is why that we could pass on her. There are some better options in the transfer portal.
Brusinbear2001
i could see this being a great big off of the bench to replace at the 4 spot. We can continue her development. And if we needed I believe we could do where Bella is at the 2 Buggs 3 and a person like her at the 4. That option would be amazing if we were able to do that for the USC game.

i'm saying this with the intention we get a good center from the portal.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001 said:

i could see this being a great big off of the bench to replace at the 4 spot. We can continue her development. And if we needed I believe we could do where Bella is at the 2 Buggs 3 and a person like her at the 4. That option would be amazing if we were able to do that for the USC game.

i'm saying this with the intention we get a good center from the portal.

I totally see that idea too. It would help get a taller lineup for sure from 2-4. Then obviously a good center would give us more mismatches.
Brusinbear2001
Bella, Denae, and Buggs all have to work really hard on ball handling and pull up mid range shots l this off season. I think Kenzie Forbes for USC is a type of player i could see Bella being.

I'm not sure if people on here watch the W but Naphessa Collier for the Lynx is how I could see Bella being a pro. she played the 5 a lot for Uconn but she is a 2-4 type player.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
12au
Kourouma is a really good big. Not sure what happened this year at Arizona but last year at Little Rock she averaged 17.3 PPG, 7.4 REB, 2.6 STL, 5.1 FTA.
Big Bear
Wichita Falls.
Bear3
Sounds like someone we should look at
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
you know what would be a dream get i doubt it happens but Kiki Iriafin from Stanford. Maybe she doesn't want to do that east coast travel. We could plug her in and be a top 4 team next year easy.

I also have a feeling Tara is retiring really soon, and this could be the summer with them leaving the Pac i could see that. The only reason she wouldn't is so she doesn't leave them like that with the switch and all the changes.
Dcheetah
That would be incredible. Lets see if anything happens. Doubt it but you never know. However if she came out I wonder if we could play the NIL game to compete.
Brusinbear2001
I do not know about the NIL game but we can show her how she is the missing link to a National Championship, we have a coach that is going to prep you for the league as well. It would be almost like going to training camp early. so think the way she can hit the mid range, she can score back to the basket, she has a quick first step. A lot of tools for Coach Nicki to play with.

I know she hasn't entered but if there was anyone in college basketball next season i would love to add it would be her.
Dcheetah
I agree with that. We were competitive with Jaloni. Hopefully, we can be with a player of her magnitude if one appears in the portal.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Tennessee has fired their head coach. Expect players to hit the transfer portal.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottS
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

Good numbers. Might we offer this player?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
It's possible but who knows. She is a 6 ft 2 inch forward so not like 6 ft 3 inches or taller. However she can defend and make 3s. She would be a grad senior.
blackie

Tennessee has fired their head coach. Expect players to hit the transfer portal.
They still haven't recovered from Pat having to step down. And they had ample notice that a change was going to happen. Contrast to Coach K stepping away from Duke. They also had good notice that was going to happen. They have been able to recover with no significant set back. Both of these programs had notice far enough in advance to prepare fans, recruits, and others interested in the program for an upcoming change. People knew well before the current season was over that there would be a new coach the next year. They also had time to shore up recruiting to assure recruits that the program would continue at the highest level. But Tennessee has stumbled all over themselves..

Now, contrast the above to our situation. Did we (and here "we" means fans, players, HS recruits, potential transfers, donors, etc.) know on January 1, 2021 we would need a new coach for the 2021-22 season? Did we know when we finished the season losing to UConn in the E8 we would need a new coach for the 2021-22 season? As everyone here knows the answer to both questions is "NO". "We" were left hung out to dry in late April. No warning, no preparation, no nothing. One writer said "left to wither". And yet we have people that believe we should have seen no drop-off. Tennessee can tell you about drop-offs.

You can draw your own conclusions about the different situations above, but I'll just say in my view we have a darn fine coach that thus far has kept us from being a carbon copy of Tennessee.....and Tennessee has a much better pedigree than Baylor in WBB. It ain't withering....it is reblooming and I am excited to see where it leads.
Brusinbear2001
i could see a post like that working as well. Because it is not that we have no size we just need them to develop.
BUVA

Another former Lady Vol bites the dust. She was 108-52 in five years.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Big name in the transfer portal. She has a do not contact tag apparently.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.