Portal 2024

93,929 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear
That's a big one. One of the better players to have entered the portal
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Yep, and I have to think that somehow baylor is interested in a solid post player at 6 ft 3 inches tall. Regardless this impacts the big 12 next year when it comes to Colorado coming to the big 12 again.
Brusinbear2001
yeah for sure one of the better ones, was once at Arizona before Colorado
IowaBear
Didn't know that.
CO is going into what appears to be a rebuilding year as they lose a ton to graduation. I assume this is one of those moves to a contending program type of deal. Guess will see when she commits
Brusinbear2001
She is from Oregon but both of those programs are not contenders, i could see a USC but apparently they are going hard for KiKi. I feel like we will now a lot about where we stand on our first round of transfers recruits maybe she could be one. We need the center position BADDDD.
IowaBear
Center should take priority imo. If we don't upgrade at center nothing else we do will matter.
Brusinbear2001
i agree, i think we will get one for sure but elite level prospects are going to dwindle with the weeks.
blackie
IowaBear said:

Center should take priority imo. If we don't upgrade at center nothing else we do will matter.
I'm sure it is. No reason to believe that a center would be passed over for another position.......the issue is finding one that wants us.
Polarbear
Just thinking about the fickle nature of recruiting and projecting HS players, and the importance of team style, playing opportunity, chemistry, and work ethic in their development. Here's a list of four players who we (presumably) were strongly recruiting out of HS:

• Hailey Van Lith
  • Hannah Gusters
  • Latasha Lattimore
  • Sammie Wagner

Note that Van Lith, Gusters, and Lattimore all declared for the portal this month, and we apparently didn't give a second thought to any of them. And I'm not sure we'd pursue Wagner if she were available.

Amazing how quickly a player's projected outlook can turn.

Bear3
I am pretty sure we would not pursue Sammie Wagner. She is too slow for Nicki's system and does not seem to be that good defensively.
Bear3
I hope we look at her.
Adriacus Peratuun
Wagner couldn't earn minutes on a really bad Oregon team.
Some players peak early and get passed by other developing players over time.

This team is built on a pro model which requires reasonable quickness on both ends.
BUatbirth
"Wagner couldn't earn minutes on a really bad Oregon team"

This
boatergal
I am surprised Wagner is not in the portal--But she may be pursuing education over BB. As I recall she was an excellent student too. Not sure what happened to her BB game. I remember her coming to WBB games with Maddie Cox when Lauren was playing.
BUVA
Polarbear said:

Just thinking about the fickle nature of recruiting and projecting HS players, and the importance of team style, playing opportunity, chemistry, and work ethic in their development. Here's a list of four players who we (presumably) were strongly recruiting out of HS:

• Hailey Van Lith
  • Hannah Gusters
  • Latasha Lattimore
  • Sammie Wagner

Note that Van Lith, Gusters, and Lattimore all declared for the portal this month, and we apparently didn't give a second thought to any of them. And I'm not sure we'd pursue Wagner if she were available.

Amazing how quickly a player's projected outlook can turn.

Gusters spent freshman year at Baylor; she played senior year in HS with Sarah. She had her chance.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Gusters also already committed to UCF.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
Dalce could be another good big for us if we needed transferring out of Villanova.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Adlee Blacklock from Oregon state did enter transfer portal, and she is Baylor legacy. Both parents went to Baylor.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001 said:

Dalce could be another good big for us if we needed transferring out of Villanova.

100 percent agree. I know that she is 6 ft 2 inches tall, but she would help on both ends.
Wbbfan365
Thinking it could potentially be two visiting ruby whitehorn and cameron Williams from Michigan.
Brusinbear2001
yeah there is a visit going right now.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
12au
CNC just followed Aaronette Vonleh on IG
BUVA
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

Adlee Blacklock from Oregon state did enter transfer portal, and she is Baylor legacy. Both parents went to Baylor.

Good 3 point shooter. She may want to return to Texas, she's from Lubbock.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
BUVA said:

Good 3 point shooter. She may want to return to Texas, she's from Lubbock.

Yeah that is possible, and it's not mentioning the possibility to play at a higher level than wcc for Oregon state.
BU71

She could be a very good match to the style we play. If her defense is up to par she could be huge here.
BearTiger
Blacklock, Oregon State
6 ft G, Soph
Stats as Soph:

Appeared 26 games
Avg 9.1 min
3.5 pts
0.8 rebounds
0.2 assists
0 blocks
37.6% FG
31% 3 pts
50% FT
Stats went down from Fr to Soph
4-star, unranked top 100, class 2022
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Yeah she didn't play a ton this last year but played a little more year before and averaged 6 PPG.
BUatbirth
BearTiger said:

Blacklock, Oregon State
6 ft G, Soph
Stats as Soph:

Appeared 26 games
Avg 9.1 min
3.5 pts
0.8 rebounds
0.2 assists
0 blocks
37.6% FG
31% 3 pts
50% FT
Stats went down from Fr to Soph
4-star, unranked top 100, class 2022
Freshman year….not too shabby

FRESHMAN (2022-23):
  • Played in 24 games with five starts as a true freshman
  • Led the Pac-12 in three-point shooting, making 46.5 percent of her shots from deep
  • Her 46.5 percent shooting from three is tied for the second-best single-season in school history
  • Averaged 6.0 points per game on the season while closing the season with five double-figure scoring outputs in the final six games
  • Made multiple three-pointers in each of her final six games
  • Went off for 22 points on 7-of-13 shooting in an upset win over no. 14 Arizona
  • Scored 15 points with six rebounds and two steals in a win over sixth-seeded USC in the Pac-12 Tournament
BearTiger
Blacklock:
#9 of 12 players in scoring
Last in rebounds
Last in assists
Something happened this past year, her stats noticeably dropped. I'm sure Coach N looks at everything closely. With over 1,000 players in the portal, a ton of top good players are in the portal now, and more will enter the next couple weeks. You think Coach N possibly sees something very special in her where she could potentially be a top 3-4 scorer and defender for us? We're not the ones making the decision who to bring in, but there are so many good players to choose from in the portal. Guess we'll hear soon if Coach N invites her for a visit.
BUatbirth
Yea, her freshman year was special. I don't believe she is a priority.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.