Portal 2024

93,892 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brusinbear2001
so she is going to Kentucky for sure then
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
It sure seems like it.
Brusinbear2001
she is a great player but I think she would struggle in the SEC
WacoKelly83
Some sources are saying LSU
Bear3
I would be very surprised if she goes to LSU.
BUVA
Wonder if Strack from VA Tech will leave. She came in for Kitley and was impressive. She's 6'5" and a freshman.
Brusinbear2001
who would want to after how HVL has performed. If i'm here i would go to Kentucky if anywhere. I really thought she would just go to the W. International Athletes are not able to get NIL and stuff and so it not like she is drawn to the money of it all.
Dcheetah
I thought they could now?...International players getting NIL
Brusinbear2001
last i heard they couldn't. It could have changed but I was not aware if it did.
Dcheetah
I thought it changed this year but not sure.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
This is interesting because her brother is Baylor men's tennis coach Michael Woodson. Stats are below. Not sure she will come back to Baylor but will see.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/5178096/erin-woodson

BU71
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

Tennessee has fired their head coach. Expect players to hit the transfer portal.
They finished in a tie for forth in the SEC with a 10 & 6 record. Still I was surprised. I thought she would get another year. Were there other issues involved in her firing?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
I have no clue. I would have thought another year but sec will be tougher with Texas and Oklahoma joining the conference. Thus maybe Tennessee decided to pull the plug.
BearTiger
Not yet, NIL for international students (F1 visa in US) is considered an "active job." But they can get full NIL from their country or other countries. But there are ways, loopholes, to help make $$ like NIL store selling your tshirts/jerseys, clothing, etc. Read that Congress is getting closer trying to change immigration laws about NIL's for international students.
Dcheetah
Thx!
bawitdaball
HVL was the most coveted transfer last year. She got worse this year in Mulkey's system, didn't get the final four she wanted, and had numerous turnovers in this game that cost her team. Just showed how important style of play is

One thing I did notice is that Baylor doesn't have a standout. They have several role players. Hopefully we can score a standout to build our offense around. A constant shooter. Imagine if we had a sharpshooter to balance our attack and spread the defense. We'd likely still be playing. Thats how close we are and how important this portal is this year.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
I always say imagine if Juicy was in this system how dominant she would be. She would be in the WNBA I feel like.
12au
Riley Nelson was #18 on ESPN rankings. Suffered a torn ACL in January
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
BUatbirth

6'2"..Impressive resume…ACL tear…hummmm

Before Maryland:
  • A five-star recruit, the No. 17-ranked incoming freshman overall by Blue Star Basketball and No. 18 by ESPN
  • 2023 McDonald's All-American
  • Jordan Brand All-American
  • Named the Maryland Gatorade Player of the Year in 2022 and 2023
  • Averaged 16.6 points and 10.9 rebounds per game as a senior, leading the Bulldogs (19-10) to the Independent School League Division AA Tournament semifinals. Also averaged 2.5 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks.
  • Earned 4A First Team All-State and First Team All County honors as a junior and senior
  • Montgomery County WBCA Player of the Year, First Team WBCA, Montgomery Country WBCA Private Schools Newcomer of the Year and Private School Player of the Year
  • Team USA Finalist
  • Led her high school team to the 2019 and 2022 Regional titles and the 2022 Montgomery County championship and a runner-up finish in the 2022 State Championship
  • Played AAU for the Fairfax Stars
  • Played first three high school seasons at Clarksburg High School
  • Also played golf in high school
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

Apparently has a do not contact tag.
Brusinbear2001
She is a lot like Buggs when I watch her
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King

Probably Kentucky bound.
Dcheetah
Poaching his own players
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
12au

I hope we go after her
Brusinbear2001
what guard would she replace? she is great but i think it would put yaya or Jana out.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Let's be realistic. We have Sarah, Jada, Jana, and Yaya at 1 and 2 guard spots who will be seniors. It's not mentioning Buggs, Bella, and Fritz as guards that will be juniors. I know Ines Goryanova an incoming freshman has a brace. Baylor truly needs a 6 ft 2 inch or 6 ft 3 inch or even taller at forward/center who averages a double-double or near that in points and rebounds.
Brusinbear2001
have an eye out though for like a Regan Beers because OSU is having to go to the WCC. I also feel like the coach could and should be an option for Tennessee!!
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Great points. Players don't want to play in WCC necessarily. You're right that the head coach might leave.
blackie
Brusinbear2001 said:

have an eye out though for like a Regan Beers because OSU is having to go to the WCC. I also feel like the coach could and should be an option for Tennessee!!
I really feel for OSU and their fans, and WSU for that matter. But by the grace of God with the news that leaked in the summer of 2021 (OUT) there go we. Everything totally out of their control.
12au

Let's be realistic. We have Sarah, Jada, Jana, and Yaya at 1 and 2 guard spots who will be seniors. It's not mentioning Buggs, Bella, and Fritz as guards that will be juniors. I know Ines Goryanova an incoming freshman has a brace. Baylor truly needs a 6 ft 2 inch or 6 ft 3 inch or even taller at forward/center who averages a double-double or near that in points and rebounds.
We have 3 spots open, right? I think 1 obviously should be a veteran big, the other 1 or 2 should be for impact players at any position. Talia would be one.
Brusinbear2001
yeah i agree with you

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.