Portal 2024

93,967 Views | 906 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sarah would be the last one to go to the bench, she has been in this program running this offense and knows the expectations that the program has.
IowaBear
Phelia wouldn't come here to come off the bench… someone would be moved out of the starting lineup. And if we're being honest Jada outplayed Sarah this year. Regardless she would be taking someone's spot. And that someone would almost assuredly be in the portal.
Dcheetah
Maybe right but don't think so. CNC has said Sarah understands this offense better than anyone else on the team and we need that from our playmaker. I also think Sarah performs best as off guard or in a 3 guard lineup like you saw vs USC. Think Sarah would platoon with Jada since Sarah would almost definitely start over Jada on teams trying to zone us. But if it allowed Sarah to come off the bench some and still avg about 25 min per night it might help her with injury prevention which has been her biggest problem in her career. Dre had better numbers coming off the bench partly because facing lesser defenders at that time. Still pie in the sky probably. CNC has shown interest in 1 yr guards this offseason so let's see if anything develops. My guess would still be Yaya to move on.
Brusinbear2001
But like said in previous articles it took a very long time to get Sarah going this year because of her being unable to play since March until October.

But I do not think we would go for a Phelia because of that reason. I think we have our starters besides another post player. We needed added depth in all positions to make us a championship team.
BU71
Brusinbear2001 said:

I honestly wouldn't mind losing a guard for this one. She is OUTSTANDING. She is a big guard, I would take her over Chance. But the only thing is i believe she is a senior next year and so we would still lose every single guard besides Ines.

This is an overly bold take, and I definitely doubt it would happen but I wouldn't mind it. She is just that great of a player in my opinion. In all those times we played her she played very well.
Has she recovered from her injury?
Brusinbear2001
she played all year, but the conditioning and the flow of being in Basketball mode was behind she said and all year was playing catch up.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Stanford head coach has retired. Expect players to hit transfer portal.
IowaBear
They're hiring from within. Wouldn't be shocked if they keep most of their roster in tact
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
True, but whenever there is a coaching change. In general players can enter the transfer portal if a coach is gone.
IowaBear
Oh absolutely. Not saying they won't have sone enter. I'm sure a few will. Also won't be shocked if they keep most of the roster intact
bawitdaball
IowaBear said:

They're hiring from within. Wouldn't be shocked if they keep most of their roster in tact

Not to mention that a Stanford degree goes a long way.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
blackie
bawitdaball said:

IowaBear said:

Not to mention that a Stanford degree goes a long way.
I think that is what may make Stanford fare much better than the others who lost a HOF coach. Tennessee relatively fell off the map. UT has taken forever and three coaches to get back, ND and Baylor have taken a small dip. Duke has taken a long time and are still below what they were. NC, the same thing.

Stanford's academics give it a nudge above all those programs listed above. But the question is what does it do to HS recruits. Typically players want to see how a coaching change goes before going full on desiring to come as if nothing had happened. But, as I said, Stanford's academics may override that where it could not for the others. But they also don't have the PAC any longer as the only west coast team for them in conference is CAL.

......Geno is on the clock.....probably on Paige's clock.
Brusinbear2001
Gastn from UT is in the portal. I'm sure this is because Taylor Jones is staying and was wanting one last time to get an opportunity to start
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Wbbfan365
Even though she only has a year left, i think we should still go for her. Shes a great player, who reminds me alot of nalyssa smith, she can really thrive in our style of play.
Brusinbear2001
i think only if we miss on the people we have already been trying to go after from what we found on instagram with coach nicki following people.
Wbbfan365
Sadie Edward's just followed her
BUVA
Brusinbear2001 said:

Gastn from UT is in the portal. I'm sure this is because Taylor Jones is staying and was wanting one last time to get an opportunity to start

Vic has a 6'9" player from Flower Mound who I think was RS this year. She may be a "project".
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
bawitdaball
Wbbfan365 said:

Even though she only has a year left, i think we should still go for her. Shes a great player, who reminds me alot of nalyssa smith, she can really thrive in our style of play.

Gaston has been plagued by injuries and has really struggled to get back to her younger self. She last lost a lot of her quickness and her footwork is more average than anything. She's a take of she is a sophomore with a year of development in her. But she got lost in games against elite competition and benefited a lot from Booker's midrange shot. I don't see a place for her.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
this would be a good one for a program but i think she presents similar skills to Buggs. I like how we have had versatility in our players these past few years. I feel it makes us harder to guard and that would be why i would pass on this one

reading into it i did not know so was 6'5 i thought she was smaller. That makes a big difference to the post above.
IowaBear
Rumors that Beers from Oregon St and another big time player will be in the portal tomm
Dcheetah
Per UConn board Imani Berry is down to Ky, Louisville, and UNC. Looks like she is trying to stay regionally.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
Shepherd from Misisipi State entered the portal, it surprising because she got minutes she was going to probably be the starting guard. She is great at defense i'm just trying to see what else she could want. I do know she is far from home that could be it, but i am not sure.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
605Bear
In her speech at the WBB Appreciation Dinner last night, CNC acknowledged her son who was at the dinner. She said she would be in Orlando on Friday to watch her daughter, Reese, compete with the Baylor Spirit Squad at a national competition and in Atlanta on Saturday for her younger daughter's prom. She said she'd be back in Waco on Sunday for a visit then smiled and said she couldn't say anything more about that right now.

Any speculation as to who the visitor is on Sunday?
Adriacus Peratuun
605Bear said:

In her speech at the WBB Appreciation Dinner last night, CNC acknowledged her son who was at the dinner. She said she would be in Orlando on Friday to watch her daughter, Reese, compete with the Baylor Spirit Squad at a national competition and in Atlanta on Saturday for her younger daughter's prom. She said she'd be back in Waco on Sunday for a visit then smiled and said she couldn't say anything more about that right now.

Sunday is the dedication ceremony for the 350 foot Scott Drew, Colossus of Baylor statue spanning over the Brazos River.
605Bear
Adriacus Peratuun said:

605Bear said:

Sunday is the dedication ceremony for the 350 foot Scott Drew, Colossus of Baylor statue spanning over the Brazos River.
I thought Kelly Drew was getting the first statue?
Adriacus Peratuun
605Bear said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

605Bear said:

I thought Kelly Drew was getting the first statue?
With her statue being larger and more extravagant, it has a longer build/installation process.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
No idea on the visitor.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.