Culture and Society 2022

89,633 Views | 1592 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cowboycwr
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

cowboycwr said:

Cobretti said:

Crazy. This is not petty theft for survival like so many have tried to claim. This is theft for the purpose of reselling and is out of control.

Stores are going to have to start locking everything up in vaults and only taking one item out at a time to let a customer see.
Beverly Hills stores will start having bars on the windows - thanks, Democrats.
With the crooks doing it during the day bars on the windows aren't enough. That will keep someone out during the night but these people are going into open stores and stealing things out on display, smashing glass cases, etc.

Like this store, at several Apple stores, and other places.

They will have to start paying for the thick "bulletproof" glass for display cases, or having things locked away in safes/vaults.
FormerFlash
cowboycwr said:

Cobretti said:

This is actually not a bad thing or sign of how crazy culture/society has gotten. So many young people graduate HS without knowing many basic skills needed for life. Like how debt, credit cards, credit score, buying cars, houses, etc. work.
This is great. I've been saying for many years, all high schools should offer a life skills course that covers these very things.
Sic Everyone.
Canon
FormerFlash said:

cowboycwr said:

Cobretti said:

This is actually not a bad thing or sign of how crazy culture/society has gotten. So many young people graduate HS without knowing many basic skills needed for life. Like how debt, credit cards, credit score, buying cars, houses, etc. work.
This is great. I've been saying for many years, all high schools should offer a life skills course that covers these very things.
They've been too busy putting condoms on bananas and getting extra credit for marching pride parades.
Jack Bauer
Canon said:

FormerFlash said:

cowboycwr said:

Cobretti said:

They've been too busy putting condoms on bananas and getting extra credit for marching pride parades.
Jack Bauer

Quote:

Physical fitness has always been central to the far right. In "Mein Kampf," Hitler fixated on boxing and jujitsu, believing they could help him create an army of millions whose aggressive spirit and impeccably trained bodies, combined with "fanatical love of the fatherland," would do more for the German nation than any "mediocre" tactical weapons training.

whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Canon said:

FormerFlash said:

cowboycwr said:

Cobretti said:

Doss Elementary is on Far West Blvd. between Mesa and Mopac in NW Austin. Nice upscale neighborhood, or at least it was when I lived there in the early 90s.
Canon
Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

Physical fitness has always been central to the far right. In "Mein Kampf," Hitler fixated on boxing and jujitsu, believing they could help him create an army of millions whose aggressive spirit and impeccably trained bodies, combined with "fanatical love of the fatherland," would do more for the German nation than any "mediocre" tactical weapons training.

From the article:

" Physical fitness training, especially in combat sports, appeals to the far right for many reasons: fighters are trained to accept significant physical pain, to be "warriors," and to embrace messaging around solidarity, heroism, and brotherhood. It's championed as a tool to help fight the "coming race war" and the street battles that will precede it. Recruits are encouraged to link individual moral virtues such as willpower, decisiveness and courage, with desired collective traits such as virility and manliness. This also works in reverse, with white supremacists encouraging potential recruits or activists to stay in good physical shape as a way of managing self-presentation to the public."

Sounds like two-a-days. The problem the left has with masculinity is it's the antithesis of everything leftists. It requires self control, self sacrifice, individuality, hard work, an acknowledgement of biological realities and the role that biology places men into in society.

The left needs effete males en masse to conform. They need a society of sheep.
Doc Holliday
Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

Jack Bauer
Canon said:

Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

From the article:

" Physical fitness training, especially in combat sports, appeals to the far right for many reasons: fighters are trained to accept significant physical pain, to be "warriors," and to embrace messaging around solidarity, heroism, and brotherhood. It's championed as a tool to help fight the "coming race war" and the street battles that will precede it. Recruits are encouraged to link individual moral virtues such as willpower, decisiveness and courage, with desired collective traits such as virility and manliness. This also works in reverse, with white supremacists encouraging potential recruits or activists to stay in good physical shape as a way of managing self-presentation to the public."

Sounds like two-a-days. The problem the left has with masculinity is it's the antithesis of everything leftists. It requires self control, self sacrifice, individuality, hard work, an acknowledgement of biological realities and the role that biology places men into in society.

The left needs effete males en masse to conform. They need a society of sheep.

White supremacists?

nein51
Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

I'm at the gym all the time. I'm there right now. It's 3:58 on a Wednesday. There are approximately 30 people in here right now. I count 6 women (3 white and 3 black). I count 25ish dudes (looks about 60/40 African American). I see younger people, middle aged people, older people.

Surely some are gay. Some are straight. Some are Jews. Etc.

All things considered the gym might be one of the more homogeneous places in the country. What it isn't (mine at least) is alt-right (or alt-left).

Once the majorities start to dismiss those labels because they don't apply to 99% of people we will all be better off.
Canon
nein51 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

I'm at the gym all the time. I'm there right now. It's 3:58 on a Wednesday. There are approximately 30 people in here right now. I count 6 women (3 white and 3 black). I count 25ish dudes (looks about 60/40 African American). I see younger people, middle aged people, older people.

Surely some are gay. Some are straight. Some are Jews. Etc.

All things considered the gym might be one of the more homogeneous places in the country. What it isn't (mine at least) is alt-right (or alt-left).

Once the majorities start to dismiss those labels because they don't apply to 99% of people we will all be better off.

You sir are undoubtedly a white supremacist, alt right, neo nazi obsessed with health.

How much are nazis supposed to bench press?
nein51
At least 225. Chicks 135. Otherwise you're only right and not alt-right
Canon
nein51 said:

If you can do more than 225, does that make you far right?
nein51
Canon said:

nein51 said:

Makes you pretty strong

Something like 1% of the US population can bench 225. We have several award winners at the gym I go to. It's still a big deal when someone does 225. I was stoked when I did it.
Canon
nein51 said:

Canon said:

nein51 said:

Makes you pretty strong

Something like 1% of the US population can bench 225. We have several award winners at the gym I go to. It's still a big deal when someone does 225. I was stoked when I did it.
I'm definitely far right then. Was a power lifter in a past life. Best I ever benched in a competition was 455. (480 outside) Now I am relegated to reps with 315 because my old man shoulders have decided to mount severe objections to heavy weight.
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Cobretti said:

That HAS to be a prank....
Cobretti
Jack Bauer said:

Cobretti said:

Jack Bauer
This can't be, Nicole Wallace told me CRT isn't real.

Jack Bauer
This is why Florida passed the "Parental Rights in Education" bill. It has nothing to do with "saying gay" and everything to do with this crap for elementary students.

What sickos feel the need to push this crap to 3rd graders?

Jack Bauer
The Dewey Decimal System is racist...

Cobretti
redfish961
Jack Bauer said:

Cobretti said:

It is.

That's Cassidy Campbell.

He has done that at a few different city council meetings, including Dallas.

They are pretty funny, especially watching the other folks react.

While this is in jest, the unfortunate part is in today's world, it could very well be real.
Jack Bauer
Cobretti
whitetrash
Cobretti said:

Biden is about to channel his inner Bill Bates.

cowboycwr
Canon said:

FormerFlash said:

cowboycwr said:

Cobretti said:

Not in Texas... abstinence only!!!!!
Cobretti
whitetrash
Cobretti said:

Canon
Jack Bauer said:

Child sexual grooming 101
Jack Bauer
Cobretti
whitetrash
Cobretti said:

Handy hint: if you look like Max Baer, don't get a Jethrine haircut.
nein51
The worst part of COVID was gyms shutting down. So stupid. My gym might be the cleanest place I go. Every surface is wiped down approx 9 million times a day. I understand part of her position though. I was down to my lowest weight in a *long* time pre gym shut down. I didnt gain all the weight back but I did gain some. Without that shut down I really feel like I would be down another 30+.
Jack Bauer
This is what Florida Dems and ESPN are fighting for...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.