Culture and Society 2022

89,587 Views | 1592 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cowboycwr
BaylorOkie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's interesting that Rob Schneider would say that. I've told several people over the past several years about that opening. That's the exact moment I turned off SNL and I've never turned it back on. I also knew that it was over.

They used to be really funny with the impressions of presidents and different political figures. That's when it all ended.
Jack Bauer
BaylorOkie said:

That's interesting that Rob Schneider would say that. I've told several people over the past several years about that opening. That's the exact moment I turned off SNL and I've never turned it back on. I also knew that it was over.

They used to be really funny with the impressions of presidents and different political figures. That's when it all ended.

And then SNL doubled down 2 months later at the end of Obama's term with this tribute.

cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

MTV still pretends to be about music?

And what is that dress?

Not even going to ask who it is because clearly it is someone I don't listen to or care to listen to.
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

I thought it was over long, long before that and hadn't watched it in a decade plus.
cowboycwr
BaylorOkie said:

It was over long before that.

To me it was over in the early 2000s when Rob, Will, Chris Katan, etc. left and the show took a hard left turn around then that kept getting bigger and bigger.

They had a few funny skits when Hillary first ran and with Sarah Palin but even then it was pushing the left.
Jack Bauer
cowboycwr said:

BaylorOkie said:

To me it was over in the early 2000s when Rob, Will, Chris Katan, etc. left and the show took a hard left turn around then that kept getting bigger and bigger.

They had a few funny skits when Hillary first ran and with Sarah Palin but even then it was pushing the left.

I honestly laugh more at Tik Tok feeds than SNL.

Jack Bauer
Gay Softball World Series begins in North Texas

The National American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance is beginning play in the Gay Softball World Series Monday in Dallas. Competition starts Monday at Kiest Park and will continue through Saturday.

Five thousand players from 48 cities in the U.S. and Canada are participating. The tournament was last played in Dallas in 2014.
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Gay Softball World Series begins in North Texas

The National American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance is beginning play in the Gay Softball World Series Monday in Dallas. Competition starts Monday at Kiest Park and will continue through Saturday.

Five thousand players from 48 cities in the U.S. and Canada are participating. The tournament was last played in Dallas in 2014.
One would think they would prefer a more "pride-friendly" area like Reverchon Park over hanging out with the hood rats off Hampton and Kiest.
Forest Bueller_bf
Unfortunately, every major network, every major network news show, every major late night show on the major networks and every entertaiment show and basically every show, pushes the same woke narrative now.

It won't ever change.

Maybe some of the "reality" stuff doesn't push it much, everything else is a hard left.
cowboycwr
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Unfortunately, every major network, every major network news show, every major late night show on the major networks and every entertaiment show and basically every show, pushes the same woke narrative now.

It won't ever change.

Maybe some of the "reality" stuff doesn't push it much, everything else is a hard left.
The only way it changes is when the people in charge, starting with the owners, are replaced by others that are more middle or right and stop pushing just the left.
Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

cowboycwr said:

BaylorOkie said:

I honestly laugh more at Tik Tok feeds than SNL.

The woman at the 40 second mark is darn good, so is the one at 1:39
Jack Bauer
Baby Boomer Musician listening to the latest Gen-Z "star" like...

whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Thankfully, when I saw Billy at Madison Square Garden a few years ago I got a walkon from Tony Bennett instead of that offkey talentless skank.
nein51
My HS GFs uncle was in Tony Bennetts inner circle, played music for him. Tony was skeevy as **** backstage with the young tail around. Always liked that guy. Lol
Cobretti
riflebear
Forest Bueller_bf
whitetrash said:

Jack Bauer said:

Thankfully, when I saw Billy at Madison Square Garden a few years ago I got a walkon from Tony Bennett instead of that offkey talentless skank.
Common today, can't sing, no problem.

There are still plenty of people who can really sing.

Most of them don't reside at the top of the pop music charts.

Cobretti
4th and Inches
Cobretti said:

so were they just gonna call everybody sir now?
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
ATL Bear
Cobretti said:

I'd really like to understand how lethality is enhanced by pronoun identifiers.

"When faced with a powerful enemy, be culturally sensitive." Zir Ze 2022
Jack Bauer
ATL Bear said:

Cobretti said:

I'd really like to understand how lethality is enhanced by pronoun identifiers.

"When faced with a powerful enemy, be culturally sensitive." Zir Ze 2022

China is literally shaking at this...oh wait, I meant LAUGHING.

Jack Bauer
It's not hard to understand why kids are so confused when their fing teachers don't even know what the hell is going on..

Cobretti
Jack Bauer
The article is unnecessary, the picture explains everything.

Cobretti
Jack Bauer
What kind of world do we live in where Lesbians can't march peacefully...

whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

At least they will all be wearing comfortable shoes for their march.
ATL Bear
Jack Bauer said:

There's been a crash in the middle of the intersectionality at the corner of woke and super woke.
Harrison Bergeron
They always end of eating their own:

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2022/08/how-a-portland-lesbian-bar-for-everyone-closed-after-one-day.html

The queue spanned the block when Portland's first self-identified lesbian bar in over a decade opened its doors July 1. Named for a radical 20th-century feminist and physician who called the city home, Doc Marie's promised to be "for everyone." It closed the next day. Two managers quit immediately after the grand opening. Then other employees anonymously formed a workers' collective and demanded the bar's owners turn the business over to them, writing on Instagram that they felt "misled about the space being safe and welcoming."

https://philly.eater.com/2022/7/6/23196464/minas-world-west-philly-closed

On Friday, July 1, the owners of Mina's World coffee shop Kate Egghart and Sonam Parikh announced in an Instagram post that the cafe on S. 52nd Street in West Philly is now closed. "We don't have enough money to continue operating," Egghart and Parikh wrote. The community fridge that lives out front of the shop and that is run by folks in the Mina's World orbit will stay in operation for as long as possible. The closure of the shop follows weeks of public conversation about how Mina's World a queer-owned cafe that sold fair trade coffee and locally made artisan goods and whose mission was to be a safe community space for all operated. In June, select workers at Mina's World took to social media to allege wage theft, with broader allegations directed at the third silent owner of Mina's World Egghart's mother regarding how she made the money to buy the building and fund the business. A portion of the conversation centered around gentrification in West Philly.

4th and Inches
ICYMI- Abortion is having such an impact that there are now more Hispanics registered as Republicans in Miami-Dade than Democrats and Republicans have the largest voter registration edge EVER recorded in the Sunshine State since they began tracking in 1972..

AZ is trended back to about R+4 since Biden took office.
4th and Inches
This student loan thing may be backfiring too

Harrison Bergeron
4th and Inches said:

This student loan thing may be backfiring too

The reaction to the student loan giveaway has been surprising. At the end of the day, I think most people understand the concept of the obligation to pay off a loan and more importantly the unfairness of a plumber having to pay off his lawyer or doctor's loans.
Jack Bauer
"Excuse me, zir. I actually just had a question on our math homework..."

Jack Bauer
Shocking. Get woke, get more broke.

Soon the Emmys and the other award shows will be broadcast online on Tuesday AM

Quote:

The Emmy Awards hit a new low in viewership on Monday night, with its estimated audience of 5.9 million people even smaller than the COVID-19-disrupted ceremony two years ago.

The Nielsen company said the ceremony honoring television's best work, where "Ted Lasso" was named best comedy and "Succession" best drama, was down from the 7.4 million people who watched in 2021.

Usually shown on a Sunday night, the Emmys were shifted to Monday to make way for NBC's first "Sunday Night Football" game the night before.
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

Shocking. Get woke, get more broke.

Soon the Emmys and the other award shows will be broadcast online on Tuesday AM

Quote:

The Emmy Awards hit a new low in viewership on Monday night, with its estimated audience of 5.9 million people even smaller than the COVID-19-disrupted ceremony two years ago.

The Nielsen company said the ceremony honoring television's best work, where "Ted Lasso" was named best comedy and "Succession" best drama, was down from the 7.4 million people who watched in 2021.

Usually shown on a Sunday night, the Emmys were shifted to Monday to make way for NBC's first "Sunday Night Football" game the night before.

I had no idea they were even going on.

But I have always not cared about any awards shows for tv, music, or movies.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.