Culture and Society 2022

87,926 Views | 1592 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cowboycwr
Cobretti
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboycwr
Cobretti said:

How has this not been top news on all the media sites (before the Russian invasion)??? Oh that's right because he was threatening people on the right or breaking with the Dem party line.
Harrison Bergeron
cowboycwr said:

Cobretti said:

How has this not been top news on all the media sites (before the Russian invasion)??? Oh that's right because he was threatening people on the right or breaking with the Dem party line.
Because it he is a Democrat. Just like the corporate media gnashed teeth for years about Gabby Giffords but memory-holed the Bernie Bro.'s attack on the Republican softball team.
Cobretti
Cobretti
ATL Bear
Cobretti said:

While I know San Francisco is lax about shoplifting charges, if my eyesight is correct, and they were taking large quantities of protected medications like Sudafed or other components that are used to make things like meth, etc., it's not the local PoPo that will be involved, but the Feds. That becomes a DEA matter. Be smart. Shoplift smart. LOL
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
I'm sorry, what?

Is she going to talk about racist dog breeds?

Cobretti
Cobretti
nein51
lol. That's incredible. Sad. But incredible
cowboycwr
That is sad and yet at the same time shows how certain phrases die out. Does anyone under 30 use that phrase? And would it have any meaning to them?

Sort of like the symbols for phone, save, and several others that any under 30 or 20 don't know what they are.

People are used to phones that look like an iPhone not the symbol of the old piece you held up to your face that is used as the symbol.
Jack Bauer
Womynx

Jack Bauer
Gee, I don't think Carli enjoyed Ms Pink Hair

"Even within our squad, the culture has changed," Lloyd said. "It was really tough and challenging to be playing these last seven years. To be quite honest, I hated it. It wasn't fun going in. It was only for love of the game, really, for me. I wanted to win and I wanted to help the team, but the culture within the team was the worst I've ever seen it.

Jack Bauer
Cobretti
Cobretti
Doc Holliday
Cobretti said:

This is what most state universities look like today and the boomers on this forum have no idea.
Jack Bauer
Trade school is looking pretty good for my kid...
Jack Bauer
Doc Holliday said:

Cobretti said:

This is what most state universities look like today and the boomers on this forum have no idea.

OUT: "We just want to marry who we want"

IN: "It's good you lost custody of your child and the state should be the one to educate and raise them properly"
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

we need more trades people
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Whiskey Pete
Jack Bauer said:

Today, welders are making ton more money than those kids that graduate college proud of their degree in underwater basket weaving.
Redbrickbear
Doc Holliday said:

Cobretti said:

Don't kid yourself...this is coming to Baylor soon enough.

Remember we now have a LGBTQ activist club on campus with Regent & Administrative support.
cowboycwr
Redbrickbear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Cobretti said:

Don't kid yourself...this is coming to Baylor soon enough.

Remember we now have a LGBTQ activist club on campus with Regent & Administrative support.
It is already at Baylor. It just isn't the majority of the student population like at other universities.
nein51
Rawhide said:

Jack Bauer said:

Today, welders are making ton more money than those kids that graduate college proud of their degree in underwater basket weaving.

Specialized welders make a great living. Most make an ok living. Have them go to aircraft/aviation repair. Then stay away from the major airlines. Those people make a great living and it is easy work. Some of my best customers.
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Shame should be brought back.

Cobretti

Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Just f'ing teach history and keep your political views out of it.

Jack Bauer
Cobretti said:

Fact Check: TRUE
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Cobretti said:

The Italians would still argue that Sonny Corleone was bigger.

ATL Bear
Jack Bauer said:

Cobretti said:

It's in the bottom drawer of her night stand.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.