Culture and Society 2022

89,676 Views | 1592 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cowboycwr
Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4th and Inches said:

Harrison, dont bother.. Sam rebuts pubmed stuff with checks notes.. wikipedia because ScIeNcE
From Reuters:
"Japanese trading and pharmaceutical company Kowa Co Ltd said on Monday anti-parasite drug ivermectin showed an "antiviral effect" against Omicron and other variants of coronavirus in joint non-clinical research."

Some people will start with the answer and shape the question. Again, who knows what the real-world study results will demonstrate, but we should celebrate not suppress potential treatments. Among a lot of stupidity regarding the pandemic, none is more tragic than the politicized suppression of therapeutics for no rational reason.
Jack Bauer
Uh-oh, Spicoli pissing off the left.

nein51
When Sean Penn is "right" of center...you've moved much too far left.
Cobretti
Sam Lowry
Harrison Bergeron said:

4th and Inches said:

Harrison, dont bother.. Sam rebuts pubmed stuff with checks notes.. wikipedia because ScIeNcE
From Reuters:
"Japanese trading and pharmaceutical company Kowa Co Ltd said on Monday anti-parasite drug ivermectin showed an "antiviral effect" against Omicron and other variants of coronavirus in joint non-clinical research."

Some people will start with the answer and shape the question. Again, who knows what the real-world study results will demonstrate, but we should celebrate not suppress potential treatments. Among a lot of stupidity regarding the pandemic, none is more tragic than the politicized suppression of therapeutics for no rational reason.
Key word being "non-clinical." You're talking about very preliminary stuff (which also happens to contradict the vast weight of evidence from more extensive trials).
Harrison Bergeron
Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

4th and Inches said:

From Reuters:

Key word being "non-clinical." You're talking about very preliminary stuff (which also happens to contradict the vast weight of evidence from more extensive trials).

It's like you actually read my post - employ that skill next time you go to war over moronic mask "studies."
Sam Lowry
Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

4th and Inches said:

From Reuters:

It's like you actually read my post - employ that skill next time you go to war over moronic mask "studies."
I read your posts, and ATL's too. I wouldn't be too smug about them if I were you. The gist of you all's argument was that the media were spinning insignificant findings into something that looked important. The eventual rebuttal to the study showed the exact opposite of that. The numbers were in fact so significant that they put the study into the realm of outliers (much like the discredited studies that 4th and Inches is citing on this thread). I don't claim familiarity with the entire scientific literature on masks in schools. As a non-scientist, I missed a red flag and am willing to admit it. You might try doing the same when it's made apparent to you. What's more troubling about the mask thread is the horrendous misreading of mathematical and statistical information that characterized the anti-mask arguments. That isn't something so easily excused as a layperson's honest mistake.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

4th and Inches said:

From Reuters:

I read your posts, and ATL's too. I wouldn't be too smug about them if I were you. The gist of you all's argument was that the media were spinning insignificant findings into something that looked important. The eventual rebuttal to the study showed the exact opposite of that. The numbers were in fact so significant that they put the study into the realm of outliers (much like the discredited studies that 4th and Inches is citing on this thread). I don't claim familiarity with the entire scientific literature on masks in schools. As a non-scientist, I missed a red flag and am willing to admit it. You might try doing the same when it's made apparent to you. What's more troubling about the mask thread is the horrendous misreading of mathematical and statistical information that characterized the anti-mask arguments. That isn't something so easily excused as a layperson's honest mistake.
lol. Wikipedia..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Jack Bauer
Cobretti said:

Unbelievable. you can't even DISCUSS or QUESTION this topic.
Harrison Bergeron
Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

4th and Inches said:

From Reuters:

I have always been pretty clear and transparent:
- I stated initially that "let's see what the studies show"
- We should rigorously pursue every possible treatment for SARS-CoV-2 or any disease

I never made any more of the news than was clearly stated nor did I try to dismiss it because it did not fit a particular political narrative. And worth noting, I do not get too worked up about the results of a single study. If anything is obvious there is so much bias in the way studies are conducted from beginning (trial setup) to end (data analysis) that one can often get a study to produce whatever results are wanted.

I do not really have qualified POV on whether these therapeutics work. However, I have seen no reliable data that they do any harm, and there are plenty of experts that strongly believe in their efficacy.
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

Cobretti said:

We live in Orwellian times.
Doc Holliday
Jack Bauer said:

Cobretti said:

They think they're going to get away with it, but it leads to the Streisand effect.
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Jeff Zucker seems like the biggest ***** to have to work for.
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

Jeff Zucker seems like the biggest ***** to have to work for.
He just resigned from CNN
Whiskey Pete
Doc Holliday said:

Jack Bauer said:

Cobretti said:

They think they're going to get away with it, but it leads to the Streisand effect.
Transgenders/Non-Binary people are mentally sick
Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti
4th and Inches
Cobretti said:

honestly, what does it say about main stream media if people are turning away from it.. tone deaf and lack of self awareness is strong with the alphabet media
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Harrison Bergeron
We live in such a stupid country, mouth-breathers throw around terms like "fascist" with no idea what it means. For you Biden voters, fascism is an economic system in which there is a private sector that works at the behest of a centralized government. Or said another way, when a president uses a private company to squash dissent.
Jack Bauer
4th and Inches
Harrison Bergeron said:

We live in such a stupid country, mouth-breathers throw around terms like "fascist" with no idea what it means. For you Biden voters, fascism is an economic system in which there is a private sector that works at the behest of a centralized government. Or said another way, when a president uses a private company to squash dissent.
they do what they accuse the opposition of..

–Horace

Whiskey Pete
4th and Inches said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

All the time and every. damn. time.
Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Cobretti said:

"Instead, **** on your own country "
Jack Bauer
Imagine not only thinking this, but tweeting it.

jupiter
Quote:

Quote:

moral relativism has its limits. At some point you'll need to let go
Jack Bauer
Feel The Floyd
Cobretti said:

To a degree I am reminded of the Warmbiere kid that went to North Korea and acted like a spoiled brat and came home in a coffin because you don't have rights or value in NK. China probably wouldn't be so brazen. Your actions in China have different consequences than in the US for standing up for what's right.
Jack Bauer
Nick Cannon apologizes to his FIVE other baby mamas. We can all relate.

(He just got Johnny Manziel's ex-wife pregnant with baby #8).

https://instagr.am/p/CZhYBGusBcE

Jack Bauer
riflebear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.