Culture and Society 2022

87,945 Views | 1592 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cowboycwr
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cobretti said:

still seems pretty rebellious to me.
Jack Bauer
What buying Valentine's cards in elementary school in 2022 is like. Good luck Gen Z. SMDH

OsoCoreyell
bularry said:

Cobretti said:

still seems pretty rebellious to me.
I guess I don't understand why someone would want to make a distinction on the basis of COVID vaccination status? I mean, why not deny care to (1) smokers, (2) fat people, (3) drug users, (4) out-of-shape people, (5) people with adult onset diabetes? If the idea is that people that make bad choices (as you interpret them) that impact their health and use up resources that could be used be people that make good choices (as you interpret them), why stop at COVID vaccine status? How about we don't provide treatment for people with colon cancer that didn't get a colon cancer screening when they were 50?
Doc Holliday
bularry said:

did you read that?
Yeah its ******ed
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
Welcome to hell, kid.

Jack Bauer
Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Memo: Do not compliment minorities.

Cobretti
Cobretti
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Instead of being complimented, perhaps she would have preferred being greeted like this?

Jack Bauer
"How are you making your (preschool) classroom more gender neutral?"

Jack Bauer
Excercise is now "Relationship with movement"

Who talks like this in real life?

Jack Bauer
4th and Inches
Cobretti said:

Jamie Oliver.. check out Uncle Roger videos where he roasts Jamie Olivers cooking
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
nein51
So so so good. Uncle Roger is hilarious
OsoCoreyell
Jack Bauer said:

I thought I was just fat. Turns out I'm a fat ally!
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Cobretti said:

Sounds like when I gave Elle McPherson an ultimatum back in 1988 - its either me or a much richer famous guy.
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
How sweet...

nein51
Jack Bauer said:

How sweet...

This isnt abnormal. Being a parent is not for everyone. I love my stepson but I never wanted kids. I think he is normal and well adjusted (especially given two homes since he was less than 1).

I think it's completely acceptable to say you dont love being a parent and it's ok to not have kids. We would be in a much better place if only people who really wanted to be parents had kids.
EatMoreSalmon
Jack Bauer said:

Someone who doesn't know how to handle a puppet is training people how to handle other people. Hmmm.

Puppeteers don't "bite" the words or raise the top of the puppet's head to open its mouth. They lower the thumb to emulate a person lowering their jaw. They open the puppets jaw when the word is sounded instead of closing it on the word (biting the word). Both of these technical issues are somehow related to offensive gender or racial issues I suppose.
Jack Bauer
From FRISCO ISD!

redfish961
Jack Bauer said:

From FRISCO ISD!

Frisco or San Francisco?
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

How sweet...

Translation.... I didn't realize being a mom would interfere so much on my time to party.
cowboycwr
nein51 said:

Jack Bauer said:

How sweet...

This isnt abnormal. Being a parent is not for everyone. I love my stepson but I never wanted kids. I think he is normal and well adjusted (especially given two homes since he was less than 1).

I think it's completely acceptable to say you dont love being a parent and it's ok to not have kids. We would be in a much better place if only people who really wanted to be parents had kids.
I agree. There are lots of people that don't want kids. The problem is people like her that have kids and THEN decide they don't want them. That decision should be made before getting pregnant or having the kid.
nein51
cowboycwr said:

nein51 said:

Jack Bauer said:

How sweet...

I agree. There are lots of people that don't want kids. The problem is people like her that have kids and THEN decide they don't want them. That decision should be made before getting pregnant or having the kid.
But you have no idea if that's what happened. I also know plenty of people who desperately wanted kids but are suffering from loss of their own identity, difficult parenting situations ( childrens lymphoma, etc), etc. Being a parent is hard and sometimes heartbreaking. These days Im much more prone to give some grace. I dont know why she had a kid, I dont know if her motivation is selfish or if she is just feeling overwhelmed.
303Bear
Jack Bauer said:

From FRISCO ISD!

I mean, they are correct in saying that "they" is not always plural, it never has been.

However, it is a (IRRC - no promises) a predicate pronoun, so referring to yourself as "they" is grammatical nonsense until like 3 years ago.
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

From FRISCO ISD!

they has been used singular in the English language for a long time..

It is used that way in Canterbury tales.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Jack Bauer

Quote:

Schools Drop 'To Kill A Mockingbird' From Reading List After Race Complaint

A school board in Washington has voted to remove Harper Lee's classic novel To Kill a Mockingbird from the required reading list for ninth-grade students.
The Mukilteo School Board voted unanimously to remove the book from the required reading list on Monday evening, The Everett Herald reported.
The board's move does not ban the book from being taught, and it remains on the district-approved novel list.
To Kill a Mockingbird, which tells the story of an attorney who represents a Black man wrongly accused of raping a white woman in Alabama in the 1930s, won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1961, and is required reading in many schools across the country.
However, the book has also been controversial and banned by some school districts.
Last year, three high school English teachersVerena Kuzmany, Riley Gaggero and Rachel Johnsonrequested the book be removed from the Mukilteo School District's curriculum, according to the Herald.
They argued the novel celebrates white saviorhood, marginalizes characters of color and features the 'n-word' almost 50 times.
The Instructional Materials Committee, comprised of about 20 members including teachers and parents, evaluated the request.

Cobretti

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.