Culture and Society 2022

87,958 Views | 1592 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cowboycwr
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whitetrash said:

Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

The creator of the television show Friends, Marta Kauffman, will part ways with $4 million to make up for the lack of diversity in the program that ended in 2004.

Kauffman is sorry there were too many white people in Friends and has pledged to donate $4 million to fund African and African American studies at Brandeis University as a result.

A $4 million apology for not casting enough diverse performers in a show that began in 1994. Got it.

"I've learned a lot in the last 20 years," Kauffman said. "Admitting and accepting guilt is not easy. It's painful looking at yourself in the mirror. I'm embarrassed that I didn't know better 25 years ago."

Where's the donation from the creator of What's Happening?

Good Times
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
The Cosby Show
A Different World
Martin
Family Matters
Sanford and Son
Living Single
Sister, Sister
Roc
Moesha
Everybody Hates Chris
Amen
The Parkers
My Wife and Kids
Hangin' with Mr. Cooper

All these shows were probably comprised of 95% black main characters. Who cares?
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer
Harrison Bergeron said:

Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

I'm sure he was appointed because of his massive qualifications.
whitetrash
Harrison Bergeron said:

Jack Bauer said:

I'm sure he was appointed because of his massive qualifications.
Something tells me he has a lot of experience as a repository for Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition.
nein51
He actually does have massive qualifications though I see what that would be hard to believe. Resume is actually really impressive.
4th and Inches
nein51 said:

He actually does have massive qualifications though I see what that would be hard to believe. Resume is actually really impressive.
plus those shoes! OMG
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Forest Bueller_bf
nein51 said:

Quote:

I've prepared for this moment in a technical sense for a decade. Graduating with not one but two degrees from MIT led to working at multiple think tanks where I produced the first-of-a-kind reports and maps on consent-based siting and advanced reactor innovation.

To clarify, I am not a Biden appointee (despite what was reported) and instead serve as a career employee in the Senior Executive Service - I intend to be serving my country in this role through many many presidencies.
Sounds like he knows what he is doing and is very qualified.
nein51
Forest Bueller_bf said:

nein51 said:

Quote:

I've prepared for this moment in a technical sense for a decade. Graduating with not one but two degrees from MIT led to working at multiple think tanks where I produced the first-of-a-kind reports and maps on consent-based siting and advanced reactor innovation.

To clarify, I am not a Biden appointee (despite what was reported) and instead serve as a career employee in the Senior Executive Service - I intend to be serving my country in this role through many many presidencies.
Sounds like he knows what he is doing and is very qualified.

Looks like a total fruitcake and I would never argue that but for this role he's plenty qualified. I hate diversity hires for the sake of diversity. I'm ok with really qualified candidates getting jobs regardless of what they look like…even if they look like fruitcakes.
Jack Bauer
A perfect summary of 2022.

Megan Rapinoe to be honored with Presidential Medal of Freedom
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

A perfect summary of 2022.

Megan Rapinoe to be honored with Presidential Medal of Freedom

Obviously China Joe is transphobic for not nominating a brave man that thinks he's a woman.
Jack Bauer
And there it is...South Texas soon to be a White Supremacist haven.

4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

the party of "white supremacy" expanded its minority base in the last 5 years..

It is crazy how much people from both parties hate that fact..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Canada2017
4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

Strongly doubt Republicans are unhappy that a few Hispanic Americans are joining their party .

As it is inevitable that Hispanics will soon be the dominant force in American politics .
4th and Inches
Canada2017 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

Strongly doubt Republicans are unhappy that a few Hispanic Americans are joining their party .

As it is inevitable that Hispanics will soon be the dominant force in American politics .
many Republicans are indifferent or even welcoming but there are some that thought Trump spent too much time and effort trying to gain ground with the minorities and they resented that..

I welcome the strong conservative hispanic movement. Same for the blacks.. Both groups have history of being conservative minded people

–Horace

Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

Transphobic.
cowboycwr
The leftist elites in their echo chambers just cannot except that people disagree with them let alone leave their party and join the other side.
Jack Bauer
"Extreme Right Wing values"

Harrison Bergeron
"Far Right" is anyone a millimeter right of Bernie.
Jack Bauer
I'm so woke, that I have disavowed nearly my entire family!

Malbec
Jack Bauer said:

Maybe someone in her family will adopt me so that I can avoid contact with her too.
BaylorOkie
Jack Bauer said:

Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Cutting off the breasts of 14 year old girls for gender affirmation....that's cool.

Asking questions it...that's DANGEROUS!!!!

JXL
Jack Bauer said:

How about "evangelical Christian"? That would be very diverse by "Hollywood standards."
4th and Inches
JXL said:

Jack Bauer said:

How about "evangelical Christian"? That would be very diverse by "Hollywood standards."
plenty of non white evangelical Christians.. probably a podcast from one of them out there

–Horace

FormerFlash
4th and Inches said:

JXL said:

Jack Bauer said:

plenty of non white evangelical Christians.. probably a podcast from one of them out there
Sic Everyone.
4th and Inches
Twitter is fake..

–Horace

nein51
It's not fake, it's a vacuum...and a little fake. But as someone doing the COVID thing for the 4th time there is probably some truth to the statement. I also managed to get 4 co workers sick so theres that.
Jack Bauer
George Floyd's Legacy...these kids are doomed to be these other kids in 12-15 years

Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

George Floyd's Legacy...these kids are doomed to be these other kids in 12-15 years

Cinque's b@$tards.
Jack Bauer
I was told by Jinx that schools are only there to teach and this is not happening...this is the school's version of the unmarked white van selling candy.

Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Not all heroes screw Chinese spies...except this one.

4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

Not all heroes screw Chinese spies...except this one.

maybe he using the chinese calender..

–Horace

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.