Culture and Society 2022

87,931 Views | 1592 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cowboycwr
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?

4th and Inches

How stupid are you?! Why would you advertise that you discriminate during your employment hiring process.. enjoy the lawsuit!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Jack Bauer
How the MSM celebrates Father's Day

4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

How the MSM celebrates Father's Day

every birthing person should have to hear the heart beat on the loud speaker before they are allowed to have an abortion.. its not real to them in many cases.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Jack Bauer
Cobretti
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
nein51
Lol is that a statue of an Afro pick? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

nein51
Oh sweet Jesus it gets better.

whitetrash
nein51 said:

At least it isn't a pair of saggy pants.

This is what they tore down Robert E Lee for.
Jack Bauer
nein51 said:

Oh sweet Jesus it gets better.

Jack Bauer
Scratchy Bear
Scratchy Bear
Scratchy Bear said:

nein51 said:

[url=<iframe][/url]

Scratchy Bear
Scratchy Bear
Jack Bauer
GrowlTowel
Cobretti said:

That may be the greatest clip ever.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Jack Bauer
This can't be happening, Jinx told me teachers are only there to teach reading, writing and math.

Jack Bauer
29 year old man beats teenage girls in skateboard event.

Comedy cannot keep up with real life anymore.

Harrison Bergeron
I cannot post the picture but I just saw a description of "transautistic," where a person self-identifies as autistic.

We're living in Idiocracy.
303Bear
Harrison Bergeron said:

I cannot post the picture but I just saw a description of "transautistic," where a person self-identifies as autistic.

We're living in Idiocracy.
I think I identify as "transgovernmental" which means I have no accountability and everyone has to send me 1/3 of their income annually.
Jack Bauer
Halifax Bank jumping on woke bandwagon adding pronouns to staff name badges

Not a surprise...pronouns will no longer be 'preferred', they will be compelled.

Forest Bueller_bf
This is not from the Bee, it is an article in "The Atlantic" where the writer Nellie Bowles a gay married woman herself is writing about how San Francisco is becoming a failed city.

In this part of the article she describes how a gay married white male with mixed raced children was recommended by members of the Public School committee to be appointed to the board, where there were 8 openings, of the 10 occupied slots only 3 were white people, this is actually real, not made up.

Quote:

One night in 2021, the meeting lasted seven hours, one of which was devoted to making sure a man named Seth Brenzel stayed off the parent committee.

Brenzel is a music teacher, and at the time he and his husband had a child in public school. Eight seats on the committee were open, and Brenzel was unanimously recommended by the other committee members. But there was a problem: Brenzel is white.

"My name's Mari," one attendee said. "I'm an openly queer parent of color that uses they/them pronouns." They noted that the parent committee was already too white (out of 10 sitting members, three were white). This was "really, really problematic," they said. "I bet there are parents that we can find that are of color and that also are queer … QTPOC voices need to be led first before white queer voices."

Someone else called in, identifying herself as Cindy. She was calling to defend Brenzel, and she was crying. "He is a gay father of a mixed-race family," she said.

A woman named Brandee came on the call: "I'm a white parent and have some intersectionality within my family. My son has several disabilities. And I really wouldn't dream of putting my name forward for this." She had some choice words for Cindy: "When white people share these kinds of tears at board meetings"she pauses, laughing"I have an excellent book suggestion for you. It's called White Tears/Brown Scars. I'd encourage you to read it, thank you."

Allison Collins, a member of the school board, dealt the death blow: "As a mixed-race person myself, I find it really offensive when folks say that somebody's a parent of somebody who's a person of color, as, like, a signifier that they're qualified to represent that community."

Brenzel remained mostly expressionless throughout the meeting. He did not say a word. Eventually the board agreed to defer the vote. He was never approved.

The other big debate on these Zoom calls was whether to rename schools named for figures such as Abraham Lincoln and Dianne Feinstein, the first female mayor of San Francisco. The board labeled these figures symbols of a racist past, and ultimately voted to rename 44 "injustice-linked" schoolsthough after a backlash, the board suspended the implementation of the changes.

Whatever dream Martin Luther King Jr. had back in 1963, as long as these folks exist, is dead.
Forest Bueller_bf

cowboycwr
Forest Bueller_bf said:

This is not from the Bee, it is an article in "The Atlantic" where the writer Nellie Bowles a gay married woman herself is writing about how San Francisco is becoming a failed city.

In this part of the article she describes how a gay married white male with mixed raced children was recommended by members of the Public School committee to be appointed to the board, where there were 8 openings, of the 10 occupied slots only 3 were white people, this is actually real, not made up.

Quote:

One night in 2021, the meeting lasted seven hours, one of which was devoted to making sure a man named Seth Brenzel stayed off the parent committee.

Brenzel is a music teacher, and at the time he and his husband had a child in public school. Eight seats on the committee were open, and Brenzel was unanimously recommended by the other committee members. But there was a problem: Brenzel is white.

"My name's Mari," one attendee said. "I'm an openly queer parent of color that uses they/them pronouns." They noted that the parent committee was already too white (out of 10 sitting members, three were white). This was "really, really problematic," they said. "I bet there are parents that we can find that are of color and that also are queer … QTPOC voices need to be led first before white queer voices."

Someone else called in, identifying herself as Cindy. She was calling to defend Brenzel, and she was crying. "He is a gay father of a mixed-race family," she said.

A woman named Brandee came on the call: "I'm a white parent and have some intersectionality within my family. My son has several disabilities. And I really wouldn't dream of putting my name forward for this." She had some choice words for Cindy: "When white people share these kinds of tears at board meetings"she pauses, laughing"I have an excellent book suggestion for you. It's called White Tears/Brown Scars. I'd encourage you to read it, thank you."

Allison Collins, a member of the school board, dealt the death blow: "As a mixed-race person myself, I find it really offensive when folks say that somebody's a parent of somebody who's a person of color, as, like, a signifier that they're qualified to represent that community."

Brenzel remained mostly expressionless throughout the meeting. He did not say a word. Eventually the board agreed to defer the vote. He was never approved.

The other big debate on these Zoom calls was whether to rename schools named for figures such as Abraham Lincoln and Dianne Feinstein, the first female mayor of San Francisco. The board labeled these figures symbols of a racist past, and ultimately voted to rename 44 "injustice-linked" schoolsthough after a backlash, the board suspended the implementation of the changes.

Whatever dream Martin Luther King Jr. had back in 1963, as long as these folks exist, is dead.
Why do these idiots want group make ups that DO NOT match the population of the country, city, etc?

3 out of 10 sounds like whites are already underrepresented on that group.
nein51
cowboycwr said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Quote:

Why do these idiots want group make ups that DO NOT match the population of the country, city, etc?

3 out of 10 sounds like whites are already underrepresented on that group.
Grossly underrepresented.

San Fran is 39% White, 33% Asian, 16% Latino, 5% Black, 5% Multi.

We think of San Fran as "super gay" but the Gallup poll from 2015 was just over 6% which is the highest major metro in the US.

So, overwhelmingly San Fran is made up of hetero Whites and Asians. I suspect the gender queer rainbow of intersectionality applies to less than 1% of the residents in SF, ie a person who is not white, asian or latino and also something other than strictly gay or bi...like a self identified banana or whatever they are on about these days.
Jack Bauer
Every A-list celebrity and their dog protest the decision to stop Roe V. Wade

Social Media: How Brave !!!!

---
One psuedo-celebrity speaks up in support of the decision.

Jack Bauer
Quote:

The creator of the television show Friends, Marta Kauffman, will part ways with $4 million to make up for the lack of diversity in the program that ended in 2004.

Kauffman is sorry there were too many white people in Friends and has pledged to donate $4 million to fund African and African American studies at Brandeis University as a result.

A $4 million apology for not casting enough diverse performers in a show that began in 1994. Got it.

"I've learned a lot in the last 20 years," Kauffman said. "Admitting and accepting guilt is not easy. It's painful looking at yourself in the mirror. I'm embarrassed that I didn't know better 25 years ago."
nein51
Clown world. Just insane.
Jack Bauer
nein51 said:

Clown world. Just insane.

I think the technical term is "shakedown".
Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

The creator of the television show Friends, Marta Kauffman, will part ways with $4 million to make up for the lack of diversity in the program that ended in 2004.

Kauffman is sorry there were too many white people in Friends and has pledged to donate $4 million to fund African and African American studies at Brandeis University as a result.

A $4 million apology for not casting enough diverse performers in a show that began in 1994. Got it.

"I've learned a lot in the last 20 years," Kauffman said. "Admitting and accepting guilt is not easy. It's painful looking at yourself in the mirror. I'm embarrassed that I didn't know better 25 years ago."

Well at least when he virtue signals, he is putting his money where his mouth his. Unless this is the Bee, then you got me.

But seriously, this was a show about a small circle of friends, usually with white or black folks, their small circle, at least in the same neighborhood, is pretty much like the show, they all look the same. That isn't racist, that is just reality.

I personally didn't like the show. It was too yuppie for my taste. I'm more of a Seinfeld guy.
Jack Bauer
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

Well at least when he virtue signals, he is putting his money where his mouth his. Unless this is the Bee, then you got me.

But seriously, this was a show about a small circle of friends, usually with white or black folks, their small circle, at least in the same neighborhood, is pretty much like the show, they all look the same. That isn't racist, that is just reality.

I personally didn't like the show. It was too yuppie for my taste. I'm more of a Seinfeld guy.
Correct, this isn't Sesame Street with a diverse coalition of friends.

Where are the senior citizens in this group of friends? Where are the handicapped or mentally disabled? That's offensive to leave them out.
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

Where's the donation from the creator of What's Happening?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.