Culture and Society 2022

87,962 Views | 1592 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cowboycwr
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cobretti said:

Since when is gangs offensive? And to who? Gang members?
riflebear
In CA just change your sexual identity to get a reduced prison sentence.

https://twitter.com/PoliticalShort/status/1487032099018260484?s=20&t=zyqoWbLCjnltpGuYQg4a8w
cowboycwr
riflebear said:

In CA just change your sexual identity to get a reduced prison sentence.

https://twitter.com/PoliticalShort/status/1487032099018260484?s=20&t=zyqoWbLCjnltpGuYQg4a8w
Not just a reduced sentence but this 26 year old MALE will be housed in a female Juvenile facility. He molested underage girls and now he will be in a facility with his targeted victims.

Just disgusting.
Jack Bauer
A pregnant MAN features among the 37 new emoji coming to iPhones in Apple's iOS 15.4 update

The pregnant man and pregnant person recognise that 'pregnancy is possible for some transgender men and non-binary people', says Emojipedia, which is part of the California-based Unicode Consortium, the central bank of all approved emoji.

4th and Inches
Whatever.. they have dragon and unicorn emojis too
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
BaylorOkie
I suppose Android is probably going to do the same thing. A couple weeks ago I wanted to send a text to a buddy with two emojis, a gun and a foot. We were watching a game and some team was choking it away. The only gun I could find was a green water gun.
cowboycwr
BaylorOkie said:

I suppose Android is probably going to do the same thing. A couple weeks ago I wanted to send a text to a buddy with two emojis, a gun and a foot. We were watching a game and some team was choking it away. The only gun I could find was a green water gun.
The gun emoji was removed from phones several years ago for some stupid reason like not wanting to "promote" gun violence by letting people use that emoji.
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Cobretti said:

https://instagr.am/p/CZKkCdbJ0x9
Whiskey Pete
Jack Bauer said:

A pregnant MAN features among the 37 new emoji coming to iPhones in Apple's iOS 15.4 update

The pregnant man and pregnant person recognise that 'pregnancy is possible for some transgender men and non-binary people', says Emojipedia, which is part of the California-based Unicode Consortium, the central bank of all approved emoji.

Clown world
Whiskey Pete
4th and Inches said:

any chance we can get a confederate soldier emoji?
BaylorOkie
I can't wait to send an emoji text with a pregnant man who loves gun control. I'm so woke.
4th and Inches
Rawhide said:

4th and Inches said:

any chance we can get a confederate soldier emoji?
no, that was a real thing.. i thought we were talking about emojis of fictional things
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Jack Bauer
nein51
Jack Bauer said:

A pregnant man but I cant get a GD moose emoji. Ridiculous.
Cobretti
Cobretti
whitetrash
Cobretti said:

Somebody help her. I think she's falling.
nein51
Those two won't hurt but Dave Grohl is doing the same and that might. First that's a much larger audience and second it will likely spur even more artists. Eventually Rogan will go. Might be next week or next month but the pressure will be too big. Spotify lost 6.4B in market cap this week.
Whiskey Pete
whitetrash said:

Cobretti said:

Somebody help her. I think she's falling.
Lookie there, another "celebrity" trying desperately hard to stay relevant.
Jack Bauer
I predict Bill Maher moves to Florida in the next 12 months..

Whiskey Pete
Jack Bauer said:

I predict Bill Maher moves to Florida in the next 12 months..

Shows you how wacko the left has become when Bill Maher starts to makes sense
Jack Bauer
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

–Horace

Jack Bauer
The University of Nebraska updated the image of its mascot to avoid any connection with white supremacy, switching out the character's OK hand gesture to a "No. 1" gesture.

For nearly 50 years, the University of Nebraska's Cornhuskers mascot a cartoon caricature named Herbie Husker with a red cowboy hat, blue overalls and an ear of corn in his pocket displayed the OK hand sign, according to the Flatwater Free Press, which first reported the news on Friday.

4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

The University of Nebraska updated the image of its mascot to avoid any connection with white supremacy, switching out the character's OK hand gesture to a "No. 1" gesture.

For nearly 50 years, the University of Nebraska's Cornhuskers mascot a cartoon caricature named Herbie Husker with a red cowboy hat, blue overalls and an ear of corn in his pocket displayed the OK hand sign, according to the Flatwater Free Press, which first reported the news on Friday.

they stole OUs hand sign? Wow

–Horace

nein51
4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

While I disagree with her take we have to get past this firing everyone who says something we don't like.
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Anyone opposed to this change with rudimentary photoshop skills could easily rearrange the fingers on the new hand.
Cobretti
Cobretti
ATL Bear
nein51 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

While I disagree with her take we have to get past this firing everyone who says something we don't like.
While I agree in principle, how is this different than the other "canceling" methods, ala Rogan?
nein51
ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

While I agree in principle, how is this different than the other "canceling" methods, ala Rogan?

It's not. That also needs to stop.
Malbec
nein51 said:

ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

The difference is that she was cancelled by her employer because they believe that her diametrically opposed position would affect their clientele and bottomline. They shouldn't have to die on the hill on which she planted her flag. Especially if they don't share her viewpoint.
BaylorOkie
Malbec said:

nein51 said:

ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

The difference is that she was cancelled by her employer because they believe that her diametrically opposed position would affect their clientele and bottomline. They shouldn't have to die on the hill on which she planted her flag. Especially if they don't share her viewpoint.

Right. I hate cancel culture and I don't like boycotts. But this is an important distinction here. A company doesn't need to put up with this.
Sam Lowry
Rogan was boycotted. Guzman was canceled. Important distinction.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.