Culture and Society 2022

87,946 Views | 1592 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cowboycwr
Cobretti
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
I learned about inflation in HS economics and any kid that didn't learn the concept of inflation went to a bad school

Jack Bauer
I'm Jalen Rose and the Taliban is treating me great and are a compassionate people

Jack Bauer
I am just speechless.

I worked retail jobs when I was young, I worked outdoors all day when I was young.

Not glamorous, not always fun, but I never had the urge to post on my phone and cry about it.

riflebear
Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Can they just put SNL out of its misery like Old Yeller.

Cobretti
4th and Inches
Cobretti said:

Democracy isnt the issue at midterms you tone deaf moron.. The fact we have midterms means democracy is just fine.

Now, about the economy.. that is the issue on the table because there isnt much food on alot of peoples..
โ€œMix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.โ€

โ€“Horace

โ€œInsomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep youโ€™ll get if youโ€™re able to โ€˜fall asleep right now.โ€™ โ€œ
cowboycwr
What is funny is the dems crying about democracy being at risk and early voting numbers show that there is good turnout, especially in the states they falsely claimed were going back to Jim Crow era requirements.
Jack Bauer
The correct answer is "F off"

Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

I don't understand the whole pronoun thing. The entire trans movement is men cosplaying women, so it is pretty obvious if a trans man is cosplaying as a women ... so why do you need to tell people what you are?

I know I would get fired, but I really want to put female pronouns in my work signature just to see what happens.
cowboycwr
Harrison Bergeron said:

Jack Bauer said:

I don't understand the whole pronoun thing. The entire trans movement is men cosplaying women, so it is pretty obvious if a trans man is cosplaying as a women ... so why do you need to tell people what you are?

I know I would get fired, but I really want to put female pronouns in my work signature just to see what happens.
It isn't just men as women, they are just the largest group I think.

I have a former student that is lesbian but dresses as a man, has short buzz cut, pretty much smashes her breasts down so they don't show and has said she wishes she was a boy... .and yet still wants to be considered female.... well most of the time. She once declared she was male only to reverse it a few months later that she was female again....
Harrison Bergeron
cowboycwr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Jack Bauer said:

I have a former student that is lesbian but dresses as a man, has short buzz cut, pretty much smashes her breasts down so they don't show and has said she wishes she was a boy... .and yet still wants to be considered female.... well most of the time. She once declared she was male only to reverse it a few months later that she was female again....
My wife has a student that bounces back and forth ... fortunately, the school has a sane policy that parents have to formally change it ... so if you want to be unicorn gender you have to get parental approval.
ATL Bear
Harrison Bergeron said:

cowboycwr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Jack Bauer said:

My wife has a student that bounces back and forth ... fortunately, the school has a sane policy that parents have to formally change it ... so if you want to be unicorn gender you have to get parental approval.
Wait. You mean youth struggle with sexuality and identity in their formative years and should have their parents involved with their process of struggling through it? Man, that's just crazy!โ€ฆ
Harrison Bergeron
ATL Bear said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cowboycwr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Jack Bauer said:

Wait. You mean youth struggle with sexuality and identity in their formative years and should have their parents involved with their process of struggling through it? Man, that's just crazy!โ€ฆ
No you stupid transphobic fascist. They should get their tits or willies cutoff immediately.
Jack Bauer
ATL Bear said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cowboycwr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Jack Bauer said:

What's the worst that could happen by doing whatever a teenager wants to...

Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

ATL Bear said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cowboycwr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Jack Bauer said:

What's the worst that could happen by doing whatever a teenager wants to...

This trend already has emerged in Europe. This trend will continue in the United States during the next five years as more kids are given life altering butchery and drugs and come to realize either: it was a phase of growing up; the transition did not solve the underlying problems.

Here will be the predictable responses:
- Phase One (already getting there) - any question of science over t'science, patient care over political ideology, will be indirectly or directly silenced
- Phase Two - attempts to ban any mental health care that does not immediately lead to butchering and drug therapy
- Phase Three - gaslighting (seen this with Covid): we never supported radical t'science and it was all Republicans
Jack Bauer
The circle was not needed...

Cobretti
303Bear
Cobretti said:

Are they mad someone who is actually capable of putting together smart and funny material will be there?

SNL has been full cringe for the last 4-5 years and was declining steadily before that.
Jack Bauer
303Bear said:

Cobretti said:

Are they mad someone who is actually capable of putting together smart and funny material will be there?

SNL has been full cringe for the last 4-5 years and was declining steadily before that.

SNL is what you get with 'safe comedy' which means not funny at all.

Unwatchable.
Jack Bauer
Crazy talk - letting parents be a part of their kids education!!!!

Harrison Bergeron
No one has ever fully trusted so-called "experts."

"Expert" is just another appellation defined as "agrees with me."

This regard probably does not realize that regularly patients have a say in their own medical care and defendants have a say in their legal strategy.

Are people actually this stupid or just cosplaying?

I'm a small government guy, but we need a formal protocol / rule that keeps Congressmen off twatter. Congress has become little more than social media LARPing.
Jack Bauer
Harrison Bergeron said:

No one has ever fully trusted so-called "experts."

"Expert" is just another appellation defined as "agrees with me."

This regard probably does not realize that regularly patients have a say in their own medical care and defendants have a say in their legal strategy.

Are people actually this stupid or just cosplaying?

I'm a small government guy, but we need a formal protocol / rule that keeps Congressmen off twatter. Congress has become little more than social media LARPing.
Educators are saints. They are infallible and have no agendas.

whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

He needs to get back to diddling commie spies.
nein51
He's completely insufferable
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

dont you have a spy to sleep with or something?

Edit: Dang it whitetrash beat me to it..
โ€œMix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.โ€

โ€“Horace

โ€œInsomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep youโ€™ll get if youโ€™re able to โ€˜fall asleep right now.โ€™ โ€œ
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

If we were really putting or letting the experts of education be in charge of education then we would stop having the state legislatures and Congress passing laws about education.

We would let the teachers teach and stop worrying about testing, silly requirements that require mountains of paperwork from teachers/schools, arguing about standards (trying to make sure every ethnic group is including in every historical time period that is taught for example) and then we could say the experts are in charge.

Right now the experts are not in charge. The politicians are in charge, calling themselves the experts.
Jack Bauer
Oh good, another reason for me not to have to watch the World Cup.

cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

LOL. IN a country that is not friendly to that movement at all.....
Jack Bauer
cowboycwr said:

Jack Bauer said:

LOL. IN a country that is not friendly to that movement at all.....

We win the World Cup in Virtual Signallng.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.