Culture and Society 2022

89,594 Views | 1592 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cowboycwr
Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Jack Bauer said:

How is this anything but a mockery of women...

The side of the crazy trainie movement is that it is degrading to both women and gay men. It is misogynistic and homophobic simultaneously.

Any male that is married or has a girlfriend know that women are not this excited about buying tampons. this is some weird fetish or something.

Any doubt we live in a stupid Clown World. I feel like I'm in a joke.
nein51
Cobretti said:

I think we are just way too nice about it. If you're in the road you have no right of way. Hit a couple of these ******bag morons and the problem will solve itself.

These folks think there are no consequences.
303Bear
nein51 said:

Cobretti said:

I think we are just way too nice about it. If you're in the road you have no right of way. Hit a couple of these ******bag morons and the problem will solve itself.

I have wondered if people stuck in traffic could sue the activists/groups for unlawful imprisonment/detainment (at least in the US). Under common law, it is considered the intentional tort of unlawful containment if, through a person's intentional actions, someone is confined to a closed space against their will.

Not a slam dunk, but I would argue that, if I am travelling on a roadway in my vehicle (bonus if a freeway/controlled access road) and you sitting in the roadway means I cannot proceed, and other traffic has backed up to the extent I cannot exit the area timely/safely, you have intentionally detained me.

Would at least make them spend money to defend their idiotic actions.
Harrison Bergeron
303Bear said:

nein51 said:

Cobretti said:

I have wondered if people stuck in traffic could sue the activists/groups for unlawful imprisonment/detainment (at least in the US). Under common law, it is considered the intentional tort of unlawful containment if, through a person's intentional actions, someone is confined to a closed space against their will.

Not a slam dunk, but I would argue that, if I am travelling on a roadway in my vehicle (bonus if a freeway/controlled access road) and you sitting in the roadway means I cannot proceed, and other traffic has backed up to the extent I cannot exit the area timely/safely, you have intentionally detained me.

Would at least make them spend money to defend their idiotic actions.
We should pass a law that provides full immunity for anyone that hurts or kills a protester blocking a public thoroughfare. It is a serious public safety issue, and these privileged *****es need to feel pain.
Jack Bauer
Good to know LeBron will never be grouped with the likes of Muhammad Ali, Arthur Ashe or Jim Brown.

cowboycwr
Cobretti said:

The irony of those climate activists should be highlighted and thrown in their face.

They are mad about the use of fossil fuels.... so they cause people to sit stopped on the road and use more fuel to drive to work.

They wear those hi vis vests that often are made of polyester that is made from petroleum products.

they have on multiple other clothing items that have petroleum products in them....

But they are too stupid to know all that. They just think cars are the only use for petroleum
cowboycwr
nein51 said:

Cobretti said:

Unfortunately we are seeing the opposite happen in certain states. There was a driver that hit and killed a protester in Minnesota and he was just recently found guilty of murder. No thought seemed to be applied to the fact that the protesters blocked his path.
nein51
Rationally that's probably the right response. Emotionally I think hitting them with a cattle guard sounds like a great plan.
Jack Bauer
I'm gonna guess these are display phones and utterly useless to a customer

Jack Bauer
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

It won't be long before most stores go to the high end jewelry store type model. All high value items locked in cases with plexiglass, thick glass, glass with that safety film on it so that it can't easily be broken into and is locked up. The doors are locked and customers are let in one at a time to be helped by the workers.

The phones are probably useless but they will sell them to someone for $25 or $50 and never see that person again.
Osodecentx
Jack Bauer said:

What city?
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

So black people can't be villains in movies/shows now?

What about Asians, Hispanics, etc. etc, etc?

What if it is based on a historical event and the real life villain was of one of those races?????
Jack Bauer
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

The demand for T'RACISM continues to outstrip supply.
Jack Bauer
Harrison Bergeron said:

Jack Bauer said:

The demand for T'RACISM continues to outstrip supply.

Yes, it's terrible to see great performances like this

Jack Bauer
Alex Jones discovers he is the 2nd sanest person in the room.

The F is going on?

Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

Maybe no one realized African Americans punch above their weight exponentially in hate crimes and crimes in general.
Jack Bauer
Feminism is..

Getting half of what your male counterpart makes for doing absolutely nothing. Doesn't sound very independent.

Can you imagine the NBA and WNBA splitting profits 50/50??

nein51
Video yesterday at A&M campus asked if wnba players should make the same as nba players. 100% said "yea". He then asked them to name their favorite wnba team…0 people responded with the name of a wnba team.

This issues is ass stupid.
Jack Bauer
nein51 said:

Video yesterday at A&M campus asked if wnba players should make the same as nba players. 100% said "yea". He then asked them to name their favorite wnba team…0 people responded with the name of a wnba team.

This issues is ass stupid.

4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

Feminism is..

Getting half of what your male counterpart makes for doing absolutely nothing. Doesn't sound very independent.

Can you imagine the NBA and WNBA splitting profits 50/50??

according to my new work agreement, i will now be paid a precent of all my coworkers check.. thanks to them for understanding!
β€œMix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

β€œInsomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to β€˜fall asleep right now.’ β€œ
Harrison Bergeron
I dd not realize they had tokenized Beauty and the Beast but saw the ads during the XII Championship. I feel like we should be mad about cultural appropriation.
Jack Bauer
GrowlTowel
Wasn't the original saying - Equal pay for equal work?

The woman's national team could not beat a high school male team. That is not equal work.

Women should not be paid less for being women but there are certain actives that women cannot produce equal work.
Jack Bauer
GrowlTowel said:

The woman's national team could not beat a high school male team. That is not equal work.

Women should not be paid less for being women but there are certain actives that women cannot produce equal work.

I play in an over 40 rec soccer league. how much does the USMNT give to me??
Harrison Bergeron
GrowlTowel said:

It's really about demand. The world does not almost literally stop for the women's soccer tournament.
muddybrazos
Jack Bauer said:

This is humorous but also disturbing. Everyone who loves to laugh about Pizzagate like it was all some big conspiracy yet here we are with a fashion company name after Baal meaning Baal is King. They are depicting child sacrifice and torture. This stuff has been hiding in plane sight since before Christ and these sick demonic people still are doing demonic things. There is nothing new under the sun.
Harrison Bergeron
muddybrazos said:

Jack Bauer said:

This is humorous but also disturbing. Everyone who loves to laugh about Pizzagate like it was all some big conspiracy yet here we are with a fashion company name after Baal meaning Baal is King. They are depicting child sacrifice and torture. This stuff has been hiding in plane sight since before Christ and these sick demonic people still are doing demonic things. There is nothing new under the sun.
You're not wrong. The end game is to fully normalize pedophilia.
Jack Bauer
If TIME was true to the intent of this award, no doubt it would go to Elon Musk or Ron DeSantis.

Janet Yellen, Liz Cheney??? Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Jack Bauer
This man just literally said "people in mainstream media are claiming people SHOULD BE KILLED in association with drag shows" with zero pushback from gawdawful Nicole Wallce.

nein51
muddybrazos said:

Jack Bauer said:

You do realize the company is named after its founder whose last name was Balenciaga? Right? Right??
muddybrazos
nein51 said:

muddybrazos said:

Jack Bauer said:

You do realize the company is named after its founder whose last name was Balenciaga? Right? Right??

The fact remains these people are satanic and enjoy child bondage & rape.
Harrison Bergeron
Now healthy eating is violence and hatred. Will Michelle Obama be cancelled for requiring calorie information prominently displayed?

Rogan's guest was fitness influencer Derek of the "More Plates, More Dates" YouTube channel, where the two appeared to reference a document from the University of British Columbia in Canada. The document defended the removal of nutritional information from menus because putting the number of calories next to an item can be "triggering" for some students.

"It can be triggering for those with disordered eating habits or eating disorders," the document to students read. "For those of us who have a rocky relationship with food, either in the past or present, it can be triggering when we are presented with caloric information, and it can affect our ability to repair our relationship with food. By stepping away from nutrition information, we can place a greater focus on the enjoyment of food and creating a satisfying experience."

Derek described how the university "removed all of the nutritional information apparently from the foods the students were getting on their meal plans, because it was 'too triggering' to show the calories."

He continued, "it presents this f---ed up scenario where you can't even self-regulate, even the individuals who want to stay at a healthy weight, you can't even figure out what the f--- you're eating."
cowboycwr
Here is another one I have seen the last few days:

Deion Sanders has been called all sorts of names like Anti-Black, race traitor, Uncle Tom, etc. because he left a HBCU to go to a "white university" seeking "white validation" and anyone who points out he is getting more money, this means he is good at what he does, this is how business works- you do well at a smaller place and go to a bigger one, is being attacked for defending him/ not supporting the stance against him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.