Culture and Society 2022

90,821 Views | 1592 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cowboycwr
Wangchung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cobretti said:

When it hits Biden and there's no reaction.
redfish961
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Rawhide said:

Jack Bauer said:

"20 of my 32 4th grade students came out to me...." is a normal statement to this woman.

I don't buy it. 1) Either she is lying or 2) The kids are telling her what she wants to hear or 3) The kids think they are because it's the "in" thing, especially in liberal areas like Austin.

In the end, I'll bet dollars to donuts, a majority of those kids end up being heteros

It's the "IN" thing that gets them extra attention. In the end, 1 or 2 of these kids might be LBGT.
Out of 32, I would guess that number would be zero in most cases.
nein51
redfish961 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Rawhide said:

Jack Bauer said:

"20 of my 32 4th grade students came out to me...." is a normal statement to this woman.

I don't buy it. 1) Either she is lying or 2) The kids are telling her what she wants to hear or 3) The kids think they are because it's the "in" thing, especially in liberal areas like Austin.

In the end, I'll bet dollars to donuts, a majority of those kids end up being heteros

It's the "IN" thing that gets them extra attention. In the end, 1 or 2 of these kids might be LBGT.

Statistically they make up about 5-6% of the population so 1-2 out of 32 is probably a good guess.
redfish961
nein51 said:

redfish961 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Rawhide said:

Jack Bauer said:

Statistically they make up about 5-6% of the population so 1-2 out of 32 is probably a good guess.
Honestly, that's amazing to me.

I would have never guessed 5%.

I guess the biggest thing to me is we are talking about 4th graders.

In my mind, that is borderline sick if not outright perverted.

I don't want my 4th grader to be taught, know, or care about any of that stuff.
nein51
redfish961 said:

nein51 said:

redfish961 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Rawhide said:

Jack Bauer said:

You think higher or lower?

Super interesting article on our perception of groups/subgroups vs reality.
https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2022/03/15/americans-misestimate-small-subgroups-population

If you keep scrolling there's a lot of interesting information that sort of highlights the disconnect between perception and reality.

This study estimated 3% but I have seen a lot of published data with the 5-6% number so it's typically what I roll with.

Sex ed is pretty common in that sort of timeframe these days though I think that is much too young and would prefer a start closer to 6th or 7th grade. I think the problem becomes having to address Tommy having two mommies or two daddies, something kids certainly notice by 4th grade.

I dont disagree that I would prefer schools simply stay out of it all together and let parents decide when to talk to their children about sex.
redfish961
nein51 said:

redfish961 said:

nein51 said:

redfish961 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Rawhide said:

Jack Bauer said:

You think higher or lower?

Super interesting article on our perception of groups/subgroups vs reality.
https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2022/03/15/americans-misestimate-small-subgroups-population

If you keep scrolling there's a lot of interesting information that sort of highlights the disconnect between perception and reality.

This study estimated 3% but I have seen a lot of published data with the 5-6% number so it's typically what I roll with.

Sex ed is pretty common in that sort of timeframe these days though I think that is much too young and would prefer a start closer to 6th or 7th grade. I think the problem becomes having to address Tommy having two mommies or two daddies, something kids certainly notice by 4th grade.

I dont disagree that I would prefer schools simply stay out of it all together and let parents decide when to talk to their children about sex.
I don't mind the sex ed in maybe early junior high because that's the time things can become a problem and it's relevant.

I don't agree with children being taught that well before it can be a problem or is relevant.

Let them be kids and if parents would like to be proactive in their own setting, so be it.

I can see a need for schools to get involved at some point because there are a lot of kids that never get that education from their parents and they need that information.

It just doesn't need to happen in the 4th grade, in my opinion.

And to answer the question, I would think lower.
Jack Bauer
"as the mother [of] one transgender child and one pansexual child,"....this is NOT normal!

Jack Bauer
What is a woman?

cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

"as the mother [of] one transgender child and one pansexual child,"....this is NOT normal!

N
She clearly has groomed them to be those things.
riflebear
Jack Bauer said:

No corporate agenda at all

riflebear
His whole thread is disturbing

ATL Bear
Jack Bauer said:

Again, these genetic origins…
whitetrash
riflebear said:

His whole thread is disturbing

Al Goldstein and Larry Flynt were no bigger peddlers of smut and filth.
Canon
Jack Bauer said:

Cobretti said:

Ron Perlman proving that wealth and fame does not make you any smarter.

He's dumb.as.fu(k
Canon
Jack Bauer said:

What is a woman?

The first woman on the moon will end being just another man. Apparently men are better at everything, including being women.
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
The last lynching on record was 1981. Jussie Smollet doesn't count.

Jack Bauer
White women are the worst

4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

The last lynching on record was 1981. Jussie Smollet doesn't count.

the ole "look! Its elvis!" Trick

Distraction vs solving problems.. thank goodness we have adults in the room!
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

*** happened to Jon Stewart?

Another white guy with his own showing making $10M+ to talk about how much white people suck...

Yes, white people like him are a problem. As is anybody who looks at "individuals" as a collective group,
rather than an individual.

Canon
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

*** happened to Jon Stewart?

Another white guy with his own showing making $10M+ to talk about how much white people suck...

Yes, white people like him are a problem. As is anybody who looks at "individuals" as a collective group,
rather than an individual.

That black lady in the clip is a hoot. 'White people have a problem that THEY need to do something about'

WHITE PEOPLE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH: Thinking math is not racist? Valuing hard work, education and sacrifice? A higher percentage of intact families and births within wedlock?

BLACK PEOPLE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH: Committing 50+% of all murders in the USA even though they make up 13% of the population....and of course, the rest of this mess, showing violence at a rate dramatically outstripping their proportion of the population.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/topic-pages/tables/table-43

Ever the victims, blacks in America (as expressed by those the black community considers leaders) aren't responsible for anything ever. They ain't did nuffin'!!!

Canon
Jack Bauer said:

White women are the worst

She's quite the racist, isn't she. White people aren't capable of understanding behavior Jane Goodall observed in the congo for decades? Sure we are.

But for fun, let's take her statement and turn it around.

What happened at the bring your daughter to work day is not something black people need to speak on right away. There is so much nuance and complexity and layers that you will not be able to understand through your black experience without education and specifically knowing your biological children, which we all know many of you don't.
Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

Seriously, *** does this **** have to do with learning.

Parents should be in charge of teaching their kids what "THEY" want to teach them about sexuality.

School needs to do better at R,R,R's
whitetrash
Forest Bueller_bf said:

School needs to do better at R,R,R's
Readin', 'ritin', and rumphumpin…..
Jack Bauer
Preparing for layoffs before Day 1 launch has even happened!!!

nein51
Jack Bauer said:

Preparing for layoffs before Day 1 launch has even happened!!!

Flawed model like Google hangout.

What does CNN produce that is worth paying for? It's a news channel.
Cobretti
Canon
Cobretti said:

You can put X in the 'Sex' section of the passport. The left is pushing this nonsense by claiming that sex and gender are different. This government document puts the lie to that absurdity. The left are science deniers.
Jack Bauer
Canon said:

Cobretti said:

You can put X in the 'Sex' section of the passport. The left is pushing this nonsense by claiming that sex and gender are different. This government document puts the lie to that absurdity. The left are science deniers.

Are you a biologist?
Waco1947
redfish961 said:

nein51 said:

redfish961 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Rawhide said:

Jack Bauer said:

Kids are talking about anyway. I think they needed clarity on the issues.
The parents of lgbtq kids certainly want the other kids to understand. LGBTQ kids are more likely to commit Suicide in the cohort.
Teach it's a "perversion" at your home but know know that you are demoing LGBTQ kids and creating harm for them. Your kids will wesponize your "perversion" teaching and reject and bully the Lgbtq community.
Waco1947
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

redfish961 said:

nein51 said:

redfish961 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Rawhide said:

Jack Bauer said:

The parents of lgbtq kids certainly want the other kids to understand. LGBTQ kids are more likely to commit Suicide in the cohort.
Teach it's a "perversion" at your home but know know that you are demoing LGBTQ kids and creating harm for them. Your kids will wesponize your "perversion" teaching and reject and bully the Lgbtq community.
The rate of suicide for people that felt their gender was different from their biological sex was extremely low prior to society trying to make it acceptable. We treated gender dysphoria with great results.

From a statistical standpoint, the new trans acceptance movement has correlated with more suicides.
Jack Bauer
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

redfish961 said:

nein51 said:

redfish961 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Rawhide said:

Jack Bauer said:

The rate of suicide for people that felt their gender was different from their biological sex was extremely low prior to society trying to make it acceptable. We treated gender dysphoria with great results.

From a statically standpoint, the new trans acceptance movement has correlated with more suicides.

I say this will full compassion - if being 'misgendered' causes you to think about suicide, then get professional help.
Waco1947
Jack Bauer said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

redfish961 said:

nein51 said:

redfish961 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Rawhide said:

Jack Bauer said:

From a statically standpoint, the new trans acceptance movement has correlated with more suicides.

I say this will full compassion - if being 'misgendered' causes you to think about suicide, then get professional help.
Simplistic. This is a hostile culture issue
Waco1947

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.