Jan 6 committee

126,967 Views | 3026 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Harrison Bergeron
Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1. Under Trump we had inflation-adjusted nearly if not record low gas prices and were not subject to bad actors for energy to the degree we are today.
2. Trump would not have pulled out of Afghanistan artificially for a photo op and definitely would not have given the Taliban $4B worth of goodies
3. Putin was contained during the four years between Obama and Biden.
4. Trump stood up to Russia and China and would not be giving either so many goodies.
5. Trump would not have given out more handouts in 2021, which exacerbated inflation
6. Not really the control the president, but he did not parrot the Defund the Police movement
7. Not really the control the president, but he did not parrot the Defund the Police movement
8. Obviously illegal immigration was a key platform, and he would have continued the great remain in Mexico policy and bolstered enforcement with walls, tech, and people
9. See #1
10. Not completely under the president's control but he would have loosened regulations and had competent people in charge not a failed mayor of a city smaller than Waco whose only qualification is being a power bottom
11. See #4

But Mean Tweets!
FLBear5630
J.B.Katz said:

RMF5630 said:

J.B.Katz said:

RMF5630 said:

If the Dems run Biden, or Harris for the matter, many will choose Trump over incompetency. Trump only won the first time because he was matched against the worst Candidate known to mankind - Hillary Clinton. Biden is actually giving her a run for her money.

I truly hope the GOP runs DeSantis, Pompeo, Halley or Hogan over Trump. I really do not want to be in the position to have to vote for him, but against Biden or Harris I will go Trump. His policies are at least sound.

Trump was the least competent president we've ever had.

Biden has done a fair job under really difficult circumstances.

He took office during a raging pandemic. Despite RW propaganda to the contrary, Warp Speed did not "create" any vaccines, and there was no pipeline in place when Biden took office. A peaceful and orderly transition of power would have saved lives during the pandemic. Trump fomented insurrection instead and left chaos in his wake. Chaos is what he does.

You don't like Biden's policies. You like the mean, bombastic brand of conservative Trump represents.

That doesn't mean Biden's incompetent. Or that Trump is competent. Those 2 months he spent pouting and tantrumming on the golf course while trying to overturn my vote made it clear that for Trump, the presidency was never about anything but increasing his own personal power and wealth. We should never, ever elect a president like him again, and I believe that's why Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger are serving on the 1-6 committee:They are willing to sacrifice their careers to try to ensure Trump can't ever hold office in America again.

Biden is not responsible for a global pandemic.

He did not cause a global recession.

He did not spur Putin to invade Ukraine.

He didn't cause climate change.

I don't think American democracy can survive another Trump term. That may be your aim.

I'm also concerned about the planet. Trump isn't a guy who should have the codes to nukes. In fact, he should be on the "no buy" list for the kinds of guns you fellas want to keep selling to troubled 18-yr-olds.

Things are going to get worse before they get better because we haven't dealt with climate change and we still have an ongoing pandemic. We need a leader who cares about the country and its people. Trump isn't that guy.
Biden has been a disaster.

1 - Executive Orders basically killing the Petro Industry
2 - Afghanistan
3 - Ukraine
4 - Russia-China Allies on his watch
5 - Inflation
6 - Shootings Up
7 - Crime Up
8 - Border a disaster (his Executive Orders again)
9 - Fuel Costs (see #1)
10 - Supply Chain has gotten worse
11 - North Korea is firing missiles again

The only positives I have seen is that he is given Ukraine weapons to fight Russia and if Sweden & Finland join NATO.
SCOTUS Justice I give a neutral (I would not select, but I can see how some would be happy with selection)

I really cannot see how anyone could vote for more of this and not be against the US! I am sure China, Iran, N Korea and Russia are loving it.
Can't wait for a Republican to get into office and solve all these problems!

I guess Trump was going to get around to dealing with all of these issues in the second term he wasn't elected to serve b/c he was such an awful leader during his first term.
You really want to go there???

1 - Executive Orders killing the Petro Industry TRUMP DIDN'T HAVE THESE IN PLACE
2 - Afghanistan TRUMP HAD THRESHOLDS THAT HAD TO BE MET
3 - Ukraine PUTIN DIDN'T INVADE ON TRUMP'S WATCH
4 - Russia-China Allies on his watch NOT ALLIES ON TRUMP'S WATCH
5 - Inflation INFLATION UNDER TRUMP 1.4% to 2.3%
6 - Shootings Up
7 - Crime Up TO BE FAIR SOME UP, SOME DOWN PUSH
8 - Border a disaster MUCH WORSE UNDER BIDEN
9 - Fuel Costs (see #1) TRUMP'S HIGHEST $3.07
10 - Supply Chain has gotten worse NO END IN SIGHT ACCORDING BUTTIGEIG
11 - North Korea is firing missiles again RECORD YEAR

So, 9-1-1 = 9 Trump better + 1 Biden Better + 1 PUSH

Biden is pretty much crapping the bed...

Osodecentx
Big time Trump devotee
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam: "I'm sure the committee is doing its best to lay the foundation for criminal charges against Trump."

Again Sam, please show me where Congress has law enforcement/judicial authority aside from impeaching a federal official to remove that official from office.

This is a very dangerous precedent, and you seem oblivious to that threat.
That's not what I said. They're conducting the investigation as part of their legislative power. If it yields evidence for prosecutions, others will handle that.
Quite the wiggle there,

And you are still wrong.

The legislative authority of Congress is to create laws which will apply to future conditions and actions, and as such cannot be used to punish prior actions or situations.

Come on, Sam, even you can't have forgotten that Ex Post Facto laws are unacceptable in a free republic.

The Attorney General has the authority to order an investigation into possible criminal conduct, on laws in p[lace at the time. The Party in control of Congress cannot use its power to go after the leading individual of the opposing party, without becoming something just as evil as you pretend was present on January 6.

It's truly scary that you want to blur those lines, Sam.
What in the world are you talking about? No one's making any ex post facto laws. Congress has investigative power in aid of its legislative power.
What legislative process does this aid?
"Getting" Trump, obviously.
much like we don't have a way to undo an election, we don't have a way to do "get Trump" through Congress. If I am wrong, I am genuinely interested in what mechanisms would apply.
Frankly, I think the Democrats have figured out Trump will either be the nominee or the force behind the GOP nominee, so they are doing everything they can to smear him.

I don't think it will sway many on the Right, but Democrats may well be in panic mode, desperately trying to shore up a united front which is falling apart because Democrats hate high gas prices and missing baby formula, too.

After more than half a decade of trying to find something they can use against Trump, it's no shock that the Democrats cannot let go of their favorite crack pipe.

TDS - Trump Devotion Syndrome
You devotion to The Donald is HUGE
Curious again, how is this all a devotion to Trump if you don't think he planned, caused or is responsible for the idiots that stormed the Capitol?
Good question. But I think the Never Trumpers are too triggered by the man to understand that kind of nuance. You can dislike and be critical of Trump and even believe he should never be president again, but if you offer an opinion that could in any way be described as critical of their narrative, people like Oso, Sam, and Booray will accuse you of being a Trump supporter who favors Trump over democracy. It's fascinating.

And here you are showing your devotion to Trump, Always Trumper no matter what? Or just a Republican Party hack?
Whiskey Pete
J.B.Katz said:

RMF5630 said:

J.B.Katz said:

RMF5630 said:

If the Dems run Biden, or Harris for the matter, many will choose Trump over incompetency. Trump only won the first time because he was matched against the worst Candidate known to mankind - Hillary Clinton. Biden is actually giving her a run for her money.

I truly hope the GOP runs DeSantis, Pompeo, Halley or Hogan over Trump. I really do not want to be in the position to have to vote for him, but against Biden or Harris I will go Trump. His policies are at least sound.

He took office during a raging pandemic. Despite RW propaganda to the contrary, Warp Speed did not "create" any vaccines, and there was no pipeline in place when Biden took office. A peaceful and orderly transition of power would have saved lives during the pandemic. Trump fomented insurrection instead and left chaos in his wake. Chaos is what he does.

You don't like Biden's policies. You like the mean, bombastic brand of conservative Trump represents.

That doesn't mean Biden's incompetent. Or that Trump is competent. Those 2 months he spent pouting and tantrumming on the golf course while trying to overturn my vote made it clear that for Trump, the presidency was never about anything but increasing his own personal power and wealth. We should never, ever elect a president like him again, and I believe that's why Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger are serving on the 1-6 committee:They are willing to sacrifice their careers to try to ensure Trump can't ever hold office in America again.

I don't think American democracy can survive another Trump term. That may be your aim.

I'm also concerned about the planet. Trump isn't a guy who should have the codes to nukes. In fact, he should be on the "no buy" list for the kinds of guns you fellas want to keep selling to troubled 18-yr-olds.

Things are going to get worse before they get better because we haven't dealt with climate change and we still have an ongoing pandemic. We need a leader who cares about the country and its people. Trump isn't that guy.

2 - Afghanistan
3 - Ukraine
5 - Inflation
6 - Shootings Up
7 - Crime Up
9 - Fuel Costs (see #1)

The only positives I have seen is that he is given Ukraine weapons to fight Russia and if Sweden & Finland join NATO.
SCOTUS Justice I give a neutral (I would not select, but I can see how some would be happy with selection)

I really cannot see how anyone could vote for more of this and not be against the US! I am sure China, Iran, N Korea and Russia are loving it.

I guess Trump was going to get around to dealing with all of these issues in the second term he wasn't elected to serve b/c he was such an awful leader during his first term.
Interesting that you can't fathom the fact that biden has brought all this on himself.

He wouldn't have had those issues in his second term, because he wouldn't be ****ing it up llike biden has
FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

Big time Trump devotee
No, I dislike Trump I think he is an *******, clownish and prone to exaggeration. I do not think he has the temperament to be President and is vindictive. The fact he was able to win and remain so popular is an indictment against the stupidity of the Democratic Party. Rather than run reasonable Lieberman type candidates and lock up the White House for the foreseeable future they chose to back the Squad and their idiocy. Really a dark time in Presidential politics when our best choice was Trump.

I support the Trump Administration's policies over the Obama/Biden policies no question. Trump for all his "buffonishness" was able to put together sound policies and had the Nation in a good place, pretty much every group was better off, before COVID and the Liberal foolishness of shutting down the Country.

So, no I am not a pro-Trumper. I am actually pretty objective and am more interested in results than rhetoric.
Whiskey Pete
It appears that jinxy is in full-on panic mode. She knows democrats are going to get their asses handed to them and 2024 doesn't look any better for her party. She knows it and she can't stand.

It's eating away at her, I can hear it from here
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Big time Trump devotee
No, I dislike Trump I think he is an *******, clownish and prone to exaggeration. I do not think he has the temperament to be President and is vindictive. The fact he was able to win and remain so popular is an indictment against the stupidity of the Democratic Party. Rather than run reasonable Lieberman type candidates and lock up the White House for the foreseeable future they chose to back the Squad and their idiocy. Really a dark time in Presidential politics when our best choice was Trump.

I support the Trump Administration's policies over the Obama/Biden policies no question. Trump for all his "buffonishness" was able to put together sound policies and had the Nation in a good place, pretty much every group was better off, before COVID and the Liberal foolishness of shutting down the Country.

So, no I am not a pro-Trumper. I am actually pretty objective and am more interested in results than rhetoric.
I agree 95%
4th and Inches
J.B.Katz said:

RMF5630 said:

“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam: "I'm sure the committee is doing its best to lay the foundation for criminal charges against Trump."

Again Sam, please show me where Congress has law enforcement/judicial authority aside from impeaching a federal official to remove that official from office.

That's not what I said. They're conducting the investigation as part of their legislative power. If it yields evidence for prosecutions, others will handle that.
Quite the wiggle there,

And you are still wrong.

The legislative authority of Congress is to create laws which will apply to future conditions and actions, and as such cannot be used to punish prior actions or situations.

Come on, Sam, even you can't have forgotten that Ex Post Facto laws are unacceptable in a free republic.

The Attorney General has the authority to order an investigation into possible criminal conduct, on laws in p[lace at the time. The Party in control of Congress cannot use its power to go after the leading individual of the opposing party, without becoming something just as evil as you pretend was present on January 6.

What in the world are you talking about? No one's making any ex post facto laws. Congress has investigative power in aid of its legislative power.
much like we don't have a way to undo an election, we don't have a way to do "get Trump" through Congress. If I am wrong, I am genuinely interested in what mechanisms would apply.
Frankly, I think the Democrats have figured out Trump will either be the nominee or the force behind the GOP nominee, so they are doing everything they can to smear him.

I don't think it will sway many on the Right, but Democrats may well be in panic mode, desperately trying to shore up a united front which is falling apart because Democrats hate high gas prices and missing baby formula, too.

After more than half a decade of trying to find something they can use against Trump, it's no shock that the Democrats cannot let go of their favorite crack pipe.

Curious again, how is this all a devotion to Trump if you don't think he planned, caused or is responsible for the idiots that stormed the Capitol?
Good question. But I think the Never Trumpers are too triggered by the man to understand that kind of nuance. You can dislike and be critical of Trump and even believe he should never be president again, but if you offer an opinion that could in any way be described as critical of their narrative, people like Oso, Sam, and Booray will accuse you of being a Trump supporter who favors Trump over democracy. It's fascinating.

And here you are showing your devotion to Trump, Always Trumper no matter what? Or just a Republican Party hack?
And there it is RMF5630. Right on cue. I am "devoted to Trump" and an "Always Trumper" merely because I, like you, recognize this dog and pony show for what it is.

These people are hopeless.
J.R.
Rawhide said:

J.B.Katz said:

RMF5630 said:

J.B.Katz said:

RMF5630 said:

2 - Afghanistan
3 - Ukraine
5 - Inflation
6 - Shootings Up
7 - Crime Up
9 - Fuel Costs (see #1)

Interesting that you can't fathom the fact that biden has brought all this on himself.

He wouldn't have had those issues in his second term, because he wouldn't be ****ing it up llike biden has
1) Executive orders are making Petro Industry flourish (unintended consequences). We are all making more $ under and POTUS since Obama (same policies).
FLBear5630
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Quite the wiggle there,

And you are still wrong.

And there it is RMF5630. Right on cue. I am "devoted to Trump" and an "Always Trumper" merely because I, like you, recognize this dog and pony show for what it is.

I agree that it seems that you are not allowed to say Trump did anything good and Biden is doing anything bad.

I will say that there are many that also will not give Biden any credit for anything, as well. Once again it is the extremist.
Mothra
RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Quite the wiggle there,

And you are still wrong.

I agree that it seems that you are not allowed to say Trump did anything good and Biden is doing anything bad.

I will say that there are many that also will not give Biden any credit for anything, as well. Once again it is the extremist.
To be fair, there's not much to give Biden credit for, as you pointed out above. I agree with you the arms shipment to Ukraine are about it.
J.B.Katz
Just a tourist visit.

J.B.Katz
A link to the letter Rep. Loudermilk received today from the 1-6 committee.

https://january6th.house.gov/sites/democrats.january6th.house.gov/files/2022-6-15.BGT%20Letter%20to%20Representative%20Loudermilk%20linked%5B10%5D%5B6%5D.pdf
TWD 1974
1 - Executive Orders basically killing the Petro Industry--
Biden created exactly two Exec. Orders effecting Petroleum Industry: The expected stoppage of the XL Pipeline and the pause on leases on Federal Lands. The first deals with Canadian oil, the second with the fact that remaining offshore possibilities are in extreme areas where there are only 2-3 major players that have an expertise in dealing with. The fact that BP and others are not bidding might tell us something about the difficulties involved. It should be noted that US Crude production is above 365mm barrels a month, just off the all-time highs established prior to the pandemic, and more than 20% more than the historic high production levels achieved in 1970, which were the all-time US high for almost 50 years. Bottom line, US Petro industry is on an unprecedented upsurge that Biden has done nothing to stop (no fracking ban as was predicted). Based on the current oil prices, one would think a "thank you, President Biden" would be a proper response from the industry, LOL.

2 Afghanistan
is essentially a consequence of Trump negotiations. Trump reduced our military presence in Afghanistan to 1500 troops on the day Biden Took Office. In addition to forcing an agreement with the Taliban on the Afghan Govt. (pressuring them to release thousands of Taliban prisoners), and eliminating our direct mission contact with Afghan troops, contributed to the collapse of the Army and the regime. Fact is Biden was faced with a deadline to leave the country from an agreement he had nothing to do with, and the choice of accepting the plan or begin full on hostilities with the Taliban with no troops and support on the ground.

3 Ukraine--
Russia has been hoarding cash for several years prior to the invasion, which indicates it was something he had been working toward for quite a while. Trumpians claim Putin would not have made the move with Trump still in WH, but based on what? When did Trump ever say no to Putin? Trump's only interest in Ukraine was getting dirt on Biden. Like every Despot who has made naked aggression against a neighbor, this was all on Putin, and his underestimate of the Ukraine resistance and the West's response.

Yeah, this must be all on Joe. Because the adoration of Putin and the trade war with China was the perfect policy.

6 - Shootings Up
The all-time high was 2017-18. Anyone remember who was POTUS then?

Again, completely mystifying. I mean, Trump shook the guys hand, so they were stopping their nukes and missile programs, right?
Mothra
TWD 74 said:

Biden created exactly two Exec. Orders effecting Petroleum Industry: The expected stoppage of the XL Pipeline and the pause on leases on Federal Lands. The first deals with Canadian oil, the second with the fact that remaining offshore possibilities are in extreme areas where there are only 2-3 major players that have an expertise in dealing with. The fact that BP and others are not bidding might tell us something about the difficulties involved. It should be noted that US Crude production is above 365mm barrels a month, just off the all-time highs established prior to the pandemic, and more than 20% more than the historic high production levels achieved in 1970, which were the all-time US high for almost 50 years. Bottom line, US Petro industry is on an unprecedented upsurge that Biden has done nothing to stop (no fracking ban as was predicted). Based on the current oil prices, one would think a "thank you, President Biden" would be a proper response from the industry, LOL.

2 Afghanistan
is essentially a consequence of Trump negotiations. Trump reduced our military presence in Afghanistan to 1500 troops on the day Biden Took Office. In addition to forcing an agreement with the Taliban on the Afghan Govt. (pressuring them to release thousands of Taliban prisoners), and eliminating our direct mission contact with Afghan troops, contributed to the collapse of the Army and the regime. Fact is Biden was faced with a deadline to leave the country from an agreement he had nothing to do with, and the choice of accepting the plan or begin full on hostilities with the Taliban with no troops and support on the ground.

3 Ukraine--
Russia has been hoarding cash for several years prior to the invasion, which indicates it was something he had been working toward for quite a while. Trumpians claim Putin would not have made the move with Trump still in WH, but based on what? When did Trump ever say no to Putin? Trump's only interest in Ukraine was getting dirt on Biden. Like every Despot who has made naked aggression against a neighbor, this was all on Putin, and his underestimate of the Ukraine resistance and the West's response.

Yeah, this must be all on Joe. Because the adoration of Putin and the trade war with China was the perfect policy.

6 - Shootings Up

Again, completely mystifying. I mean, Trump shook the guys hand, so they were stopping their nukes and missile programs, right?
I realize you're a Biden apologist, but I think you responded to the wrong poster with your b.s. excuses.
Harrison Bergeron
RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Big time Trump devotee

This exactly where I am. It is #clownworld binary that demands one can either be a "Trumper" or have rabid TDS.
Mothra
Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Big time Trump devotee

This exactly where I am. It is #clownworld binary that demands one can either be a "Trumper" or have rabid TDS.
Yup. There is no room for nuance with the TDSers. You must either loathe Trump as they do, or you're a "Trump devotee."

The TDS has taken away their reasoning abilities.
Harrison Bergeron
J.B.Katz said:

Just a tourist visit.

Maybe he was showing them the pedophilia pizza parlor in the basement or to the room where Trump had Russian hookers pee on him.
FLBear5630
TWD 74 said:

2 Afghanistan

3 Ukraine--

6 - Shootings Up

So, under Trump we had the oil issues and prices we do now? I don't remember that. I remember $2.60 gas.

There is no way any sane person can say the Afghanistan withdrawal was well executed. Who ordered the day and who executed it? Trump? I didn't think so. Biden was in the Chair and let that mess occur, regardless of what day he was given. He is the Commander-in-Chief for gods sake.

Obama - Crimea Trump - Nothing Biden - Ukraine

When did the Russia-China agreements occur? 2021, Trump still in office?

I gave Biden the nod there.

Yes, NK has fired more and bigger missiles since Biden has been in office. I think Japan and ROK would prefer Biden to shake his hand if it slowed down the missile launches.

Unlike you, I call them straight up, when Biden does good I give him credit such as gun violence and giving Ukraine weapons and Sweden/Finland NATO. You on the other hand not only will not give Trump credit, you blame Biden's messes on Trump. In a word, disingenuous.

Harrison Bergeron
Mothra said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Big time Trump devotee

Yup. There is no room for nuance with the TDSers. You must either loathe Trump as they do, or you're a "Trump devotee."

It's why the easiest way to silence them is to ask "What specific policies of the Trump administration did you oppose?"
TWD 1974
RMF5630 said:

TWD 74 said:

2 Afghanistan

3 Ukraine--

6 - Shootings Up

So, under Trump we had the oil issues and prices we do now? I don't remember that. I remember $2.60 gas.
Current President always takes the fall for bad economic news, and Biden will get his share. What is the price of gasoline if there is no war in Ukraine?

There is no way any sane person can say the Afghanistan withdrawal was well executed. Who ordered the day and who executed it? Trump? I didn't think so.
Of course, it was a sh-t show. With the number of troops allotted under the agreement, we did not have remotely enough on the ground to command our airbase, or even the Afghan airport. I would have preferred Biden to tell the Taliban F you, we are putting in forces to secure the exit, and any violence will be met with full force. Not doing that might be the biggest failure of his administration. Long term, tho, I can't say we are not better off out of Afghanistan. There was never going to be a clean exit there.

Obama - Crimea Trump - Nothing Biden - Ukraine

When did the Russia-China agreements occur? 2021, Trump still in office?

I gave Biden the nod there.

Yes, NK has fired more and bigger missiles since Biden has been in office. I think Japan and ROK would prefer Biden to shake his hand if it slowed down the missile launches.
People who knew the region warned Trump. kim jung ung wanted the handshake, as it would help him keep power. Everyone except Trump knew he was being played as they were not dismantling their nuke and missile programs.

Unlike you, I call them straight up, when Biden does good I give him credit such as gun violence and giving Ukraine weapons and Sweden/Finland NATO. You on the other hand not only will not give Trump credit, you blame Biden's messes on Trump. In a word, disingenuous.

TWD 1974
Mothra said:

TWD 74 said:

2 Afghanistan

3 Ukraine--

6 - Shootings Up

I realize you're a Biden apologist, but I think you responded to the wrong poster with your b.s. excuses.
Pleading guilty to cut and paste from the wrong place in thread. Feel like I should get some credit for the cut and paste, though. Feel free to ignore, you seem to be good at it.
GrowlTowel
TWD 74 said:

Mothra said:

TWD 74 said:

2 Afghanistan

3 Ukraine--

6 - Shootings Up

Pleading guilty to cut and paste from the wrong place in thread. Feel like I should get some credit for the cut and paste, though. Feel free to ignore, you seem to be good at it.
Love a good cut and paste. Jinx specializes in it.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
TWD 1974
GrowlTowel said:

TWD 74 said:

Mothra said:

TWD 74 said:

2 Afghanistan

3 Ukraine--

6 - Shootings Up

What happened to Jinx? Wasn't there some talk of Jinx getting paid for cut and paste?
Never mind, it takes me way too long...I would starve to death on that job.
4th and Inches
Harrison Bergeron said:

Mothra said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Big time Trump devotee

It's why the easiest way to silence them is to ask "What specific policies of the Trump administration did you oppose?"
the mean tweet policy
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
4th and Inches
TWD 74 said:

GrowlTowel said:

TWD 74 said:

Mothra said:

TWD 74 said:

2 Afghanistan

3 Ukraine--

6 - Shootings Up

What happened to Jinx? Wasn't there some talk of Jinx getting paid for cut and paste?
I thought it was Cinque that was the cut and paste ninja..

–Horace

GrowlTowel
4th and Inches said:

TWD 74 said:

GrowlTowel said:

TWD 74 said:

Mothra said:

TWD 74 said:

2 Afghanistan

3 Ukraine--

6 - Shootings Up

Cinque, to its credit, normally gave the link - if memory serves. Jinx will post page long articles as if she wrote them.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Harrison Bergeron
4th and Inches said:

TWD 74 said:

GrowlTowel said:

TWD 74 said:

Mothra said:

TWD 74 said:

2 Afghanistan

3 Ukraine--

6 - Shootings Up

It was jinx. Cinque if not a bot was definitely a paid poster - I saw him on another site.
Mothra
TWD 74 said:

Mothra said:

TWD 74 said:

2 Afghanistan

3 Ukraine--

6 - Shootings Up

Ignore your largely fictional explanations, designed to absolve your president of responsibility for the current **** show? I think RMF did a pretty good job of debunking most of your positions. But if you would like me to comment, I'd be happy to:

1) While the executive orders and stimulus have helped to increase gas prices, the main issue is output, which Biden has been ineffective at resolving. He apparently can't convince OPEC to increase output, nor the domestic suppliers.

2) The Fall of Saigon moment in Afghanistan was entirely on Biden. He ignored his military advisors, who advised against pulling out all troops, and to keep a small cadre of troops (2,500) behind to control the airport and evacuate Americans and our allies, and as a result, we had people on TV hanging from planes. That's entirely on him.

3) Biden's bellicose rhetoric did nothing to calm the Russian situation. You don't advertise to the world months before the invasion that you want Ukraine to become a member of NATO, as Biden did. That served to heighten tensions and embolden Putin to act. Would that have happened under Trump? No one can say, but it's highly doubtful Russia would have seen a need to invade during a Trump presidency.

6) Your facts are wrong. More Americans died of gun-related injuries in 2020 than in any other year on record. And 2022 is on track to be the worst by far.

11) Did you really think us engaging in bellicose rhetoric with little Kim was going to get him removed from his position? What did that accomplish with Obama? Well, among other things, they went nuclear. At least with Trump, there was a mortarium on tests. Now, NK has zero incentive to stop working on nukes and missiles.

I recall someone in the Obama admin saying Joe has never been right on foreign policy. That's about right. Your guy has been a total ****ing disaster. So don't pretend you can clown people with your ****ty excuses.
4th and Inches
J.B.Katz said:

Just a tourist visit.

yawn
house buildings- Cannon, Longworth, Oneil, Rayburn and Ford.. not capital

–Horace

Redbrickbear
J.B.Katz said:

Just a tourist visit.

So by taking pictures of the transit corridor they were going down they were super secretly Russian under the bed style planning an attack?

This committee is straight up a drug fueled conspiracy theory.
Harrison Bergeron
Redbrickbear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Just a tourist visit.

So by taking pictures of the transit corridor they were going down they were super secretly Russian under the bed style planning an attack?

This committee is straight up a drug fueled conspiracy theory.

More like a drug-fueled fever dream.
TWD 1974
Mothra said:

TWD 74 said:

Mothra said:

TWD 74 said:

2 Afghanistan

3 Ukraine--

6 - Shootings Up

Ignore your largely fictional explanations, designed to absolve your president of responsibility for the current **** show? I think RMF did a pretty good job of debunking most of your positions. But if you would like me to comment, I'd be happy to:

1) While the executive orders and stimulus have helped to increase gas prices, the main issue is output, which Biden has been ineffective at resolving. He apparently can't convince OPEC to increase output, nor the domestic suppliers.

2) The Fall of Saigon moment in Afghanistan was entirely on Biden. He ignored his military advisors, who advised against pulling out all troops, and to keep a small cadre of troops (2,500) behind to control the airport and evacuate Americans and our allies, and as a result, we had people on TV hanging from planes. That's entirely on him.

3) Biden's bellicose rhetoric did nothing to calm the Russian situation. You don't advertise to the world months before the invasion that you want Ukraine to become a member of NATO, as Biden did. That served to heighten tensions and embolden Putin to act. Would that have happened under Trump? No one can say, but it's highly doubtful Russia would have seen a need to invade during a Trump presidency.

6) Your facts are wrong. More Americans died of gun-related injuries in 2020 than in any other year on record. And 2022 is on track to be the worst by far.

11) Did you really think us engaging in bellicose rhetoric with little Kim was going to get him removed from his position? What did that accomplish with Obama? Well, among other things, they went nuclear. At least with Trump, there was a mortarium on tests. Now, NK has zero incentive to stop working on nukes and missiles.

I recall someone in the Obama admin saying Joe has never been right on foreign policy. That's about right. Your guy has been a total ****ing disaster. So don't pretend you can clown people with your ****ty excuses.
1. I concede Trump had the advantage of rappore with Saudi's. Not much we can expect from them. As for encouraging domestic production, not sure what a President can do that $116 a barrel doesn't.

2. I agree that Afghanistan was a debacle, but do not think we could have maintained 2500 troops in a Country where the nations Army was dissolving. Whether or not aggressive action on our part would have helped restore Afghan Regime in 2021, I believe they were done when Trump made them sign the taliban agreement pretty much at gunpoint in 2020.

3. Getting Ukraine into NATO was not likely ever going to happen before the invasion, and Putin knew that. Why? Germany was cool on the deal. The public explanation from Biden was that Ukraine had to fix things internally to be acceptable to NATO. Putin stockpiled the hundreds of $billions and $140b in gold over past couple of years, and puts a huge chunk of his military forces on month long maneuvers' prior to going in. He was never not going in, as it fulfills his life-time ambition to restore the empire.

6. My stats were from Mass Shootings, not gun violence. Might be wrong as my google check was a quick one.

11. I never expected Rocket Man (I give credit, one of Trumps better nicknames) to give in under any circumstances. The amount of sacrifice a nation like NK has expended to build a nuke arsenal and missiles, they are never going back from that. When we looked the other way 20plus years ago when Pakistan developed, we let the genie out of the bottle for a number of rogue nations. The only ongoing strategy for dealing with these guys is that for every one they have we have a thousand more, and we know how to hit something beside the Pacific Ocean.

3. If I were critiquing Biden on Ukraine, I would identify his weakness as Afghanistan, not the negotiations with Putin. Old Soviet players would always test when they sensed weakness. It is possible Putin sensed weakness after Afghanistan. I remember from Eisenhower bio, when he spoke with JFK after the Bay of Pigs, he noted the tendency of Russia to exploit weakness, and warned Kennedy they would likely test him. Joe needs better Cold War Advisors, if there are any left...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.