Jan 6 committee

133,256 Views | 3026 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Harrison Bergeron
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Has Shifty Shiff's Show Trial come up with anything new or interesting about Jan. 6 yet? Any more democracy-threatening tours or similar conspiracies?
Surprisingly, it has.
Schiff is still repulsive, but the testimony of conservative Republicans is new to me. It documents the lengths Trump and his staff went tin order to steal the election.
You guys still do not get it. Trump DOES NOT THINK HE WAS STEALING THE ELECTION. HE THINKS IT WAS STOLEN FROM HIM.

His Cabinet, Staff and Agencies knew that there was not enough fraud to throw the election to Trump and the procedural flaws that did happen there was no time for recourse due to the January 6th certification , see Barr's Book 1st Chapter in his words as AG, Therefore:

Staff and VP told Trump no there was no reason not to certify.

VP certified
Trump left
Biden inaugurated

Trump honestly thinks he was wronged and looked to undo it, which is not illegal. It has been investigated for 18 months with 700+ arrests under Biden's DOJ. You think if they had criminal evidence they would bury it?????

System worked as designed. This is all to make sure Trump doesn't run again because he has a big following. This is political theater and posturing for the mid-terms and 2024.
The system worked in spite of Trump's efforts to disrupt it. The gang couldn't shoot straight, but Trump tried to steal the election. He thought the election was stolen and he schemed to have himself declared the winner.
FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Has Shifty Shiff's Show Trial come up with anything new or interesting about Jan. 6 yet? Any more democracy-threatening tours or similar conspiracies?
Surprisingly, it has.
Schiff is still repulsive, but the testimony of conservative Republicans is new to me. It documents the lengths Trump and his staff went tin order to steal the election.
You guys still do not get it. Trump DOES NOT THINK HE WAS STEALING THE ELECTION. HE THINKS IT WAS STOLEN FROM HIM.

His Cabinet, Staff and Agencies knew that there was not enough fraud to throw the election to Trump and the procedural flaws that did happen there was no time for recourse due to the January 6th certification , see Barr's Book 1st Chapter in his words as AG, Therefore:

VP certified
Trump left
Biden inaugurated

Trump honestly thinks he was wronged and looked to undo it, which is not illegal. It has been investigated for 18 months with 700+ arrests under Biden's DOJ. You think if they had criminal evidence they would bury it?????

System worked as designed. This is all to make sure Trump doesn't run again because he has a big following. This is political theater and posturing for the mid-terms and 2024.
The system worked in spite of Trump's efforts to disrupt it. The gang couldn't shoot straight, but Trump tried to steal the election. He thought the election was stolen and he schemed to have himself declared the winner.
He didn't scheme. Geez, he used the courts and even the alternate electors has been done and accepted before in US history. There have been contested elections. There have been wrong winners printed and than reversed. What did he actually do? What are the facts?

Using your logic, what actually occurred means less than him investigating and suggesting ideas for him to win because he believes it was stolen. Putting out bad ideas to your staff is not illegal and happens every day, what actually occurs is how people are normally judged, unless your Trump. Than your tweets and half-cocked comments mean more than what he actually did.

TWD 1974
RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Surprisingly, it has.

VP certified
Trump left
Biden inaugurated

Attempt to understand Trump's state of mind is like trying to find the narrative in Finnegan's Wake, but I will concede that Trump felt wronged: He always feels that way. His recourse, like every American Citizen, was to fight the election in the Courts, an effort which I think we should all admit was one of the worst examples of legal action on behalf of a President in history. The entire effort reeked of incompetence.
I also admit that a competent legal challenge against the elections in GA, PA, etc. would likely not have succeeded. The fact is we will never know, as Trump never really tried. Instead, he put pressure on State Officials to disregard the law and change the outcome. He actively considered firing the AG and replacing him with someone who would raise unfounded questions about the election, and then pressured Pence to disregard the Constitution by rejecting the electors--not based on any evidence, but on the suggestion that somewhere, someday, evidence might be forthcoming. This is precisely where Trump went beyond his legal rights to address a perceived grievance, and sought to become the law unto himself, which is what criminals do when they break or defy the law. Regardless that his illegal efforts were almost as haphazard has his legal ones, it is clear he interfered and conspired to overthrow the election.
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Surprisingly, it has.

VP certified
Trump left
Biden inaugurated

He didn't scheme. What did he actually do? What are the facts?
Surprisingly, the Jan 6 Committee is disclosing facts and how he schemed. Testimony is coming from Republicans who were in the room.
FLBear5630
TWD 74 said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Surprisingly, it has.

VP certified
Trump left
Biden inaugurated

Attempt to understand Trump's state of mind is like trying to find the narrative in Finnegan's Wake, but I will concede that Trump felt wronged: He always feels that way. His recourse, like every American Citizen, was to fight the election in the Courts, an effort which I think we should all admit was one of the worst examples of legal action on behalf of a President in history. The entire effort reeked of incompetence.
I also admit that a competent legal challenge against the elections in GA, PA, etc. would likely not have succeeded. The fact is we will never know, as Trump never really tried. Instead, he put pressure on State Officials to disregard the law and change the outcome. He actively considered firing the AG and replacing him with someone who would raise unfounded questions about the election, and then pressured Pence to disregard the Constitution by rejecting the electors--not based on any evidence, but on the suggestion that somewhere, someday, evidence might be forthcoming. This is precisely where Trump went beyond his legal rights to address a perceived grievance, and sought to become the law unto himself, which is what criminals do when they break or defy the law. Regardless that his illegal efforts were almost as haphazard has his legal ones, it is clear he interfered and conspired to overthrow the election.
Once again I disagree. I will admit his tendency toward common vernacular and hyperbole is hurting him in this dog and pony show. Such as, calling GA and saying you got to find me some votes. I took that as using legal means such as recounts and looking into the red areas to make sure everything was accounted for. Dems took it as him trying to manufacture votes.

Either way, it is not criminal and would get torn apart in court. There are no charges coming, this is politics to make Trump a non-factor in 22 and 24. Not sure it will work as only 11% of the population is even paying attention. If gas and inflation don't change, they can say anything they want and will not help.

But, Roe got overturned, so who knows! Everything is a brave new world...
Oldbear83
I spent the last three days in western Pennsylvania as a witness in a lawsuit. Elk County, for the case itself, but I drove up there and back by way of Pittsburgh, because I like driving and hate bouncing in a Cessna.

The reason I mention that, is because the Allegheny region of Pennsylvania is Trump country. I don't mean they used to support Trump, or they will reluctantly support Trump, I mean driving up i-79 then I-80 (came back by way of Highway 28), I saw more Trump signs than deer, and I saw dozens of deer.

So I asked folks about that. The signs and bumper stickers looked new (no reference to Pence, by the way), and
what I got back from everyone was that they judged things by what affected them, and Trump did a great job as far as the economy, foreign policy and judges were concerned.

Their opinion of the January 6 "hearings" was - to a man - that it's a sideshow of political goons and nothing better.

With that said, I understand Pennsylvania won't go for Trump in 2024 just because the western half of the state is solid for Trump. Philadelphia and Pittsburgh will decide the state, because of the population density. But I did find it interesting that the hearings have solidified opinions, and many of them in ways CNN and their cohorts do not suspect.

The Left has done it before, overplayed their hand. They did it again here, somehow fooling themselves into believing their own crap and that they could sell it to regular people. I admit they took in some folks. Oso and Canada from this board, for example, threw out all reasonable perspective to buy into Schiff's lies.

But the overboard performance and the blatant bias of the mainstream media has hardened a lot of other people against the Left. People who don't talk much to pollsters or get much attention from TV figureheads, but they talk among themselves. about the things which matter to ordinary people.

These "hearings" will have an effect, all right. Just not the way Sam, Oso, C Jordan and their ilk think will happen.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
4th and Inches
TWD 74 said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Surprisingly, it has.

VP certified
Trump left
Biden inaugurated

"We have put together one of the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organizations in the history of American politics." not Donald Trump.. Joe Biden said it.

One group did steal the election and he told you they did it. All you have to do is beleive him.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

TWD 74 said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Surprisingly, it has.

VP certified
Trump left
Biden inaugurated

"We have put together one of the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organizations in the history of American politics." not Donald Trump.. Joe Biden said it.

One group did steal the election and he told you they did it. All you have to do is beleive him.
Yeah, always take Joe as literally as possible. One thing he's never going to do is misspeak.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

TWD 74 said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Surprisingly, it has.

VP certified
Trump left
Biden inaugurated

Yeah, always take Joe as literally as possible. One thing he's never going to do is misspeak.
he says the quiet part out lod all the time, people just apologize for it and play it off..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Harrison Bergeron
Oldbear83 said:

I spent the last three days in western Pennsylvania as a witness in a lawsuit. Elk County, for the case itself, but I drove up there and back by way of Pittsburgh, because I like driving and hate bouncing in a Cessna.

The reason I mention that, is because the Allegheny region of Pennsylvania is Trump country. I don't mean they used to support Trump, or they will reluctantly support Trump, I mean driving up i-79 then I-80 (came back by way of Highway 28), I saw more Trump signs than deer, and I saw dozens of deer.

So I asked folks about that. The signs and bumper stickers looked new (no reference to Pence, by the way), and
what I got back from everyone was that they judged things by what affected them, and Trump did a great job as far as the economy, foreign policy and judges were concerned.

Their opinion of the January 6 "hearings" was - to a man - that it's a sideshow of political goons and nothing better.

With that said, I understand Pennsylvania won't go for Trump in 2024 just because the western half of the state is solid for Trump. Philadelphia and Pittsburgh will decide the state, because of the population density. But I did find it interesting that the hearings have solidified opinions, and many of them in ways CNN and their cohorts do not suspect.

The Left has done it before, overplayed their hand. They did it again here, somehow fooling themselves into believing their own crap and that they could sell it to regular people. I admit they took in some folks. Oso and Canada from this board, for example, threw out all reasonable perspective to buy into Schiff's lies.

But the overboard performance and the blatant bias of the mainstream media has hardened a lot of other people against the Left. People who don't talk much to pollsters or get much attention from TV figureheads, but they talk among themselves. about the things which matter to ordinary people.

These "hearings" will have an effect, all right. Just not the way Sam, Oso, C Jordan and their ilk think will happen.

The Democrats largely are led by idiots too stupid to realize many are too smart to believe their Idiocracy. The Shoe Trial is another Shifty Shiff Nothingburger like the Russia Hoax. OOOOOOO - a Congressman gave a tour. The wokeys have not figured out the smartest people in the room are those that DID NOT down $300K on a grievance studies degree..
Guy Noir
Have you watched the hearings with an open mind?

I have watched much of the hearings and I find the information presented is well organized and quite revealing as to the efforts Trump was putting forth to stay in office. I was surprised that Trump would not believe he did not win the election in spite of the information that was consistently given to him by his upper level staff.
4th and Inches
Guy Noir said:

I have watched much of the hearings and I find the information presented is well organized and quite revealing as to the efforts Trump was putting forth to stay in office. I was surprised that Trump would not believe he did not win the election in spite of the information that was consistently given to him by his upper level staff.
they have presented almost nothing new. i suggest you Expand and update to better news sources. At first i even posted old articles to show this to be true but it is what it is.. a few are emotionally charged because this is news to them. Some already know about it. Most arent watching as their opinion is already baked in..

–Horace

Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

they have presented almost nothing new. i suggest you Expand and update to better news sources. At first i even posted old articles to show this to be true but it is what it is.. a few are emotionally charged because this is news to them. Some already know about it. Most arent watching as their opinion is already baked in..

You're wrong. I hadn't heard the testimony of the Arizona Speaker, Pence staffer, and several other Republicans
Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

"Nothing new" has always been a denialist's last refuge.
Oldbear83
Certainly the Team No-Trump has not said anything w have not expected from them.

No surprise they decided to convict Trump long before the first gavel of that Kangeroo Court.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

personal reflection?

Yawn AZ speaker info in article in politico from March.. nothing new

As I said get better news sources

–Horace

Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

personal reflection?

I have, and they've routinely been dismissed and derided here. See The Atlantic, for example.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

personal reflection?

I have, and they've routinely been dismissed and derided here. See The Atlantic, for example.
why would i see the Atlantic? Well, it does make good bird cage lining.. cant beleive you still read them after the blatant lies they wrote.. you seem like a more disciplined person than to use questionable sources.. or were those just meaningless non consequential changes to information

I said better news sources

–Horace

Guy Noir
Oldbear83 said:

Certainly the Team No-Trump has not said anything w have not expected from them.

No surprise they decided to convict Trump long before the first gavel of that Kangeroo Court.
Have you watched the hearings? or are you just assuming you know what is being presented.
Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

personal reflection?

why would i see the Atlantic? Well, it does make good bird cage lining.. cant beleive you still read them after the blatant lies they wrote.. you seem like a more disciplined person than to use questionable sources.. or were those just meaningless non consequential changes to information

I don't know, what blatant lies were these?
FLBear5630
Guy Noir said:

It is not a requirement he believe anything. Only the VP certify, he leave and Biden be inaugurated. I dont get the angst over stuff that ultimately did not impact what happened. He said he needed more votes in GA, so what. Of course he did. GA turned in its electors on time and they were certified. Whether Trump agrees means nothing!
Sam Lowry
RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

It is not a requirement he believe anything. Only the VP certify, he leave and Biden be inaugurated. I dont get the angst over stuff that ultimately did not impact what happened. He said he needed more votes in GA, so what. Of course he did. GA turned in its electors on time and they were certified. Whether Trump agrees means nothing!
I have an employee who tried to burn the place down a couple years ago. Fortunately he's a complete idiot and just ended up making a lot of smoke. You'd better believe he got a talking to the next Monday morning. Haven't had any major fires since, though. Fingers crossed.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

personal reflection?

On July 6 2020, The Atlantic published social justice activist and lawyer Derecka Purnell's "How I Became a Police Abolitionist," the head of the St. Louis Police Officers Association said no such case happened. During a broad, three-year search of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch turned up 37 stories mentioning both police and recreation centers, but nothing that was remotely similar to the described incident in the article published by the Atlantic.

The article was widely shared among top journalists and activists, including Atlantic editors and reporters.

Atlantic piblished the Losers article but Former National Security Advisor John Bolton's book, released earlier in the year to criticize Trump, corroborated the White House account that the trip to the cemetery. Atlantic used unnamed sources, AKA made up stuff.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Trump's former press secretary, called The Atlantic story B.S. on Twitter, "I was actually there and one of the people [who were] part of the discussion this never happened.

A few days later, Jeffrey Goldberg, the editor-in-chief of The Atlantic, admitted that a key detail of his article about Trump could be wrong during an interview with CNN.

At least fifteen Trump administration officials who were with Trump on that trip have disputed the Atlantic report

The Atlantic's Edward-Isaac Dovere Tweeted fake information about the RNC spokesperson and Trump Campaign. The problem
Is the AP pool report from that Sunday makes very clear, Biden never stopped to visit any graves yet Mr Dovere posted this..

No response or reprimand from the Atlantic

I could continue but I wont..

Their writers are trash, their editor is trash, their stories are trash.

–Horace

Oldbear83
Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Have you watched the hearings? or are you just assuming you know what is being presented.
I have watched the hearings. They read their scripts well.

Amazingly similar to the old Soviet show trials.

You're not fooling enough people to win, you know.
Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

personal reflection?

On July 6 2020, The Atlantic published social justice activist and lawyer Derecka Purnell's "How I Became a Police Abolitionist," the head of the St. Louis Police Officers Association said no such case happened. During a broad, three-year search of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch turned up 37 stories mentioning both police and recreation centers, but nothing that was remotely similar to the described incident in the article published by the Atlantic.

The article was widely shared among top journalists and activists, including Atlantic editors and reporters.

Atlantic piblished the Losers article but Former National Security Advisor John Bolton's book, released earlier in the year to criticize Trump, corroborated the White House account that the trip to the cemetery. Atlantic used unnamed sources, AKA made up stuff.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Trump's former press secretary, called The Atlantic story B.S. on Twitter, "I was actually there and one of the people [who were] part of the discussion this never happened.

A few days later, Jeffrey Goldberg, the editor-in-chief of The Atlantic, admitted that a key detail of his article about Trump could be wrong during an interview with CNN.

At least fifteen Trump administration officials who were with Trump on that trip have disputed the Atlantic report

The Atlantic's Edward-Isaac Dovere Tweeted fake information about the RNC spokesperson and Trump Campaign. The problem
Is the AP pool report from that Sunday makes very clear, Biden never stopped to visit any graves yet Mr Dovere posted this..

I have some comments on the Purnell article. As for the rest of it, no offense, but I honestly can't decipher what you're trying to say. You've got something about John Bolton's book, a trip to a cemetery, and Sarah Huckabee Sanders hearing a conversation about...something. It's very confusing. The main point I would make is that unnamed sources aren't the same as "made up" sources. There are legitimate reasons for sources to go unnamed, and it would be extremely difficult for journalists to do their job without them.

Regarding the Purnell story, The Federalist did a fact check which you can read here. The events happened almost exactly as Purnell described. The only real difference is that the shooter was a uniformed security guard and she was 13 years old, not 12.

I highly recommend this article on The Atlantic and its fact-checking process. I doubt that most of their critics are anywhere near as thorough, if they even fact-check at all. They have taken on a hint of wokeness under Goldberg, but they're still one of the best magazines in the country. If you and I agreed with them on everything, they probably wouldn't be doing a very good job.
Whiskey Pete
TWD 74 said:

GrowlTowel said:

C. Jordan said:

4th and Inches said:

C. Jordan said:

Yesterday was sickening, but gave me hope in the sense that there are still a few Republicans who are more loyal to the Constitution than to Trump.

Though I have huge policy differences with people like Bowers and the others, I admire their courage and faith to stand tall against Trump.

It means that maybe Republicans and Democrats can rally around the shared values of the rule of law and democracy.

What Trump and his minions did to those poor election workers in GA was unconscionable. A low point, even for him. He ruined these women's lives just for doing their jobs well. That's up from 51% in April.

The alleged "clown show" has definitely revealed the crimes of the former "Clown in Chief."

Also encouraging is that a recent ABC News/Ipsos poll now shows that 58% of Americans believe Trump committed crimes and should be prosecuted.

Meanwhile, those in the Trump cult are looking like the Branch Davidians rallying around David Koresh. The more their leader is attacked, the more they defy facts, logic, and reason to cling to him.

link to the poll and its cross tabs please and thanks!

Its never encouraging to cite an ABC poll..
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/10-americans-trump-charged-jan-riot-poll/story?id=85482369

91% of Democrats, 21% of Republicans, and what should be most worrying for you, 62% of independents.

Also, 60% of Americans believe the committee has been fair.

You can diss the messenger all you want, but it shows the committee is being effective with people who aren't in the cult.

Serious questions:

How can you dismiss the testimony of people who were not only conservative Republicans but who both voted for Trump and campaigned for him?

How can you excuse Trump's vilification of poll workers, who were guilty of nothing but doing their jobs?

Your party castrates children. Your party enslaved millions. Your party has killed over 61 million people.

How does that make you feel?
Transgender Surgery can only be performed on persons 18 year of age or older in this Country.
Slavery in this Country well precedes any political party. If you want to attack at the source, blame the British Crown and Parliament.
Roe V Wade was affirmed in the 1970's by 6 Supreme Court Justices--5 of whom were appointed by Republican Presidents.
Probably need to raise the minimum age of gender reassignment surgery consent to 21 and some mental health intervention red flag laws
Porteroso
Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

My pragmatism is going to get Roe v. Wade overturned, and save thousands of innocent childrens' lives. The Supreme Court was one of the major reasons I supported Trump in 2016 and again in 2020.

But it's me and not you that lacks principles. Sure bro. I guess you're going to believe whatever helps you to sleep better at night.

You're a Neville Chamberlain conservative
It's ironic that you would invoke his name given the fact it is your position that is a vote in favor of death chambers for babies. But again, whatever helps you sleep better.

I sleep fine knowing my vote helped curb that heinous practice. But at least you can feel good about the stand you've taken against the orange Satan as Biden destroys the country.
I think you really believe your own *****

If Trump steals an election, that's cool as long as the market is up
As I said above, I don't have to approve of Trump's behavior to understand the lives that will be saved because of his election, nor do I have to approve of his actions in order to understand that Biden's policies are far worse for our country than Trump's meager attempts to "steal" the 2020 election. Again, it's called pragmatism.

BTW, you seem angry and flustered, and your showing on this thread is even worse than usual. Might be a good idea to take a break for the evening. Perhaps go watch some Jan. 6th hearing re-runs and get re-charged. Tomorrow's a new day.

But he's the last person you'd vote for, don't forget to your lines.
If you had read a little closer, you would have noticed I said he was the last Republican candidate I wanted to win the 2016 primary.

I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, but it does help when you attempt to play gotcha.

This was your entire post. Please at least edit your posts if you're going to try to lie about them. At least make this more challenging than throwing your actual post back at you.

Quote:

Trump would be my last choice. Didn't vote for him in the 2016 primaries, and won't vote for him if he decides to run again (let's hope not).

But what I am really interested in is if he does run and win, how long will it take him to destroy democracy, as we keep hearing he will do.

I am with you on DeSantis.

Ah yes, when your little game of gotcha fails, the next step is to try and take my post out of context in an attempt to paint a false picture. I see how that works. Let me shed some light on your little lie...

When I said "Trump would be my last choice," I was referring to my last choice as Republican nominee, which if I recall was in response to a post on that very subject. And then when I go on to say I didn't vote for Trump in the 2016 "primaries," and said I wouldn't vote for him again in that very same sentence, it should have been self evident to any reasonable person that I was once again referring to the "primaries."

However, if that somehow caused you any confusion, I went on to clarify just a few posts later that if Trump was the Republican nominee, I would vote for him.

Got any more lies up your sleeve?

Yes your next post made this first one look dumb. You've been pretending to not want to vote for Trump again, you said you were done with him several times in the aftermath of the past election.

So of course it's fun pointing out that without knowing who his opponents could be, you're already a lock for Trump.

I bet you went back on your decision long before this, but it's just the first time I've paid enough attention to notice it.

And speaking of context, the post you replied to was mostly referring to the general. Don't need context clues for that, it was explicit. You may have truly been talking about the primaries, but you responded to a post about Trump winning the general, so just poor communication on your part if so. Can't expect people to read your mind.
So, I am pretending to not want Trump to run again but secretly want him to run because I want to vote for him.

Huh.

It's clear what I was saying. I would prefer another Republican, but if he runs, I would absolutely vote for him over the current **** show. It's not too difficult to understand, unless you're obtuse.

Another excellent try. And sure, I'm obtuse. OK bud!
Porteroso
Rawhide said:

TWD 74 said:

GrowlTowel said:

C. Jordan said:

4th and Inches said:

C. Jordan said:

Yesterday was sickening, but gave me hope in the sense that there are still a few Republicans who are more loyal to the Constitution than to Trump.

Though I have huge policy differences with people like Bowers and the others, I admire their courage and faith to stand tall against Trump.

It means that maybe Republicans and Democrats can rally around the shared values of the rule of law and democracy.

What Trump and his minions did to those poor election workers in GA was unconscionable. A low point, even for him. He ruined these women's lives just for doing their jobs well. That's up from 51% in April.

The alleged "clown show" has definitely revealed the crimes of the former "Clown in Chief."

Also encouraging is that a recent ABC News/Ipsos poll now shows that 58% of Americans believe Trump committed crimes and should be prosecuted.

Meanwhile, those in the Trump cult are looking like the Branch Davidians rallying around David Koresh. The more their leader is attacked, the more they defy facts, logic, and reason to cling to him.

link to the poll and its cross tabs please and thanks!

Its never encouraging to cite an ABC poll..
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/10-americans-trump-charged-jan-riot-poll/story?id=85482369

91% of Democrats, 21% of Republicans, and what should be most worrying for you, 62% of independents.

Also, 60% of Americans believe the committee has been fair.

You can diss the messenger all you want, but it shows the committee is being effective with people who aren't in the cult.

Serious questions:

How can you dismiss the testimony of people who were not only conservative Republicans but who both voted for Trump and campaigned for him?

How can you excuse Trump's vilification of poll workers, who were guilty of nothing but doing their jobs?

Your party castrates children. Your party enslaved millions. Your party has killed over 61 million people.

How does that make you feel?
Transgender Surgery can only be performed on persons 18 year of age or older in this Country.
Slavery in this Country well precedes any political party. If you want to attack at the source, blame the British Crown and Parliament.
Roe V Wade was affirmed in the 1970's by 6 Supreme Court Justices--5 of whom were appointed by Republican Presidents.
Probably need to raise the minimum age of gender reassignment surgery consent to 21 and some mental health intervention red flag laws

This is for sure. Children cannot give informed consent to have surgeons reconfigure their bodies. Hack off organs. They don't know what that means. In the same way adults are raping a child, even one who says yes to sex, parents are forever raping their children's natural sexuality when they allow transitions pre 18 or 21.

The angle to emphasize is not that transitioning is always bad, but that it's unnatural, and a child does not understand their emotions, their sexuality, and is not intellectually developed enough until 18 or maybe 35, to be able to know what's best.

Reasonable people need to emphasize that it's ok to be different. It's normal to sometimes feel out of place, to be a boy who doesn't get into the bruh brah bro thing or a girl who wants to do "boy things." That's entirely natural.

And that's what the whole trans explosion really is, a rejection of gender norms. It was just taken too far, but after millenia of the same gender norms, nobody should be surprised.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

personal reflection?

I have some comments on the Purnell article. As for the rest of it, no offense, but I honestly can't decipher what you're trying to say. You've got something about John Bolton's book, a trip to a cemetery, and Sarah Huckabee Sanders hearing a conversation about...something. It's very confusing. The main point I would make is that unnamed sources aren't the same as "made up" sources. There are legitimate reasons for sources to go unnamed, and it would be extremely difficult for journalists to do their job without them.

Regarding the Purnell story, The Federalist did a fact check which you can read here. The events happened almost exactly as Purnell described. The only real difference is that the shooter was a uniformed security guard and she was 13 years old, not 12.

I highly recommend this article on The Atlantic and its fact-checking process. I doubt that most of their critics are anywhere near as thorough, if they even fact-check at all. They have taken on a hint of wokeness under Goldberg, but they're still one of the best magazines in the country. If you and I agreed with them on everything, they probably wouldn't be doing a very good job.

You act as if the fact the shooter in the Purnell story was a security guard instead of a police officer is some minor detail that the Atlantic got wrong, when it's the seminal event in Purnell's life that led her down the road of abolitionist, and has been used as an example of police brutality against the black community.
Mothra
Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

My pragmatism is going to get Roe v. Wade overturned, and save thousands of innocent childrens' lives. The Supreme Court was one of the major reasons I supported Trump in 2016 and again in 2020.

But it's me and not you that lacks principles. Sure bro. I guess you're going to believe whatever helps you to sleep better at night.

You're a Neville Chamberlain conservative
It's ironic that you would invoke his name given the fact it is your position that is a vote in favor of death chambers for babies. But again, whatever helps you sleep better.

I sleep fine knowing my vote helped curb that heinous practice. But at least you can feel good about the stand you've taken against the orange Satan as Biden destroys the country.
I think you really believe your own *****

If Trump steals an election, that's cool as long as the market is up
As I said above, I don't have to approve of Trump's behavior to understand the lives that will be saved because of his election, nor do I have to approve of his actions in order to understand that Biden's policies are far worse for our country than Trump's meager attempts to "steal" the 2020 election. Again, it's called pragmatism.

BTW, you seem angry and flustered, and your showing on this thread is even worse than usual. Might be a good idea to take a break for the evening. Perhaps go watch some Jan. 6th hearing re-runs and get re-charged. Tomorrow's a new day.

But he's the last person you'd vote for, don't forget to your lines.
If you had read a little closer, you would have noticed I said he was the last Republican candidate I wanted to win the 2016 primary.

I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, but it does help when you attempt to play gotcha.

This was your entire post. Please at least edit your posts if you're going to try to lie about them. At least make this more challenging than throwing your actual post back at you.

Quote:

Trump would be my last choice. Didn't vote for him in the 2016 primaries, and won't vote for him if he decides to run again (let's hope not).

But what I am really interested in is if he does run and win, how long will it take him to destroy democracy, as we keep hearing he will do.

I am with you on DeSantis.

Ah yes, when your little game of gotcha fails, the next step is to try and take my post out of context in an attempt to paint a false picture. I see how that works. Let me shed some light on your little lie...

When I said "Trump would be my last choice," I was referring to my last choice as Republican nominee, which if I recall was in response to a post on that very subject. And then when I go on to say I didn't vote for Trump in the 2016 "primaries," and said I wouldn't vote for him again in that very same sentence, it should have been self evident to any reasonable person that I was once again referring to the "primaries."

However, if that somehow caused you any confusion, I went on to clarify just a few posts later that if Trump was the Republican nominee, I would vote for him.

Got any more lies up your sleeve?

Yes your next post made this first one look dumb. You've been pretending to not want to vote for Trump again, you said you were done with him several times in the aftermath of the past election.

So of course it's fun pointing out that without knowing who his opponents could be, you're already a lock for Trump.

I bet you went back on your decision long before this, but it's just the first time I've paid enough attention to notice it.

And speaking of context, the post you replied to was mostly referring to the general. Don't need context clues for that, it was explicit. You may have truly been talking about the primaries, but you responded to a post about Trump winning the general, so just poor communication on your part if so. Can't expect people to read your mind.
So, I am pretending to not want Trump to run again but secretly want him to run because I want to vote for him.

Huh.

It's clear what I was saying. I would prefer another Republican, but if he runs, I would absolutely vote for him over the current **** show. It's not too difficult to understand, unless you're obtuse.

Another excellent try. And sure, I'm obtuse. OK bud!

Finally we agree on something. Indeed you are, and willing to lie to make your point.
Harrison Bergeron
Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

It's a Jan. 6 Show Trial. Nothing new has been revealed and oddly the committee refuses to release all the video or reveal where the 200+ FBI agents were or ask why more security was denied. It's almost like it was a Reichstag Fire.
ScottS
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

personal reflection?

Fat Joe left Atlantic
Mothra
Having reviewed more of the evidence over the weekend, it's clear to me that while Trump thought there was fraud, he attempted to intimidate elected officials to try and overturn the election. That's terrible.
J.B.Katz
Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Surprisingly, it has.

VP certified
Trump left
Biden inaugurated

The system barely held. It won't withstand another attack with half the Republican Party supporting the Big Lie not because the politicians who won't disavow it believe it, but because they're willing to ride that train to stay in office (and to oust party rivals who WILL acknowldge the truth).

I don't think anyone will ever know what Trump thought/thinks. He's fully capable of convincing himself of any lie that's self-serving, both in favor of himself (he always thought he won, as a possible legal defense) and about his opponents or associates who don't say what he wants them to say.

What we do know is that many members of his admin, including members of his own family, told him he lost, and he has occasionally admitted (as the press coverage quoted him) that he lost.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-admitted-he-lost-report-1370730/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-election-2020-claims-rigged-b2051433.html

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2022/06/19/trump-admission-2024-election-sotu-vpx.cnn
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Having reviewed more of the evidence over the weekend, it's clear to me that while Trump thought there was fraud, he attempted to intimidate elected officials to try and overturn the election. That's terrible.

Yep

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.