Jan 6 committee

126,949 Views | 3026 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Harrison Bergeron
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam: "The point is that no patriotic American should support Trump again, regardless of what Congress does"

Spoken like a true Schiffist.

My point is that you have zero standing to decree what makes someone a "patriotic American".

Trump started no new wars. A "patriotic American" might well prefer that to the wars started by Bush, Obama and Biden.

Trump focused on jobs and energy independence. A "patriotic American" might well prefer a strong, thriving America to what Obama gave us with socialized medicine and Biden did with his economic cirrhosis.

Let the people decide, based on the candidates and their polices. No pre-conditions or media massaging necessary or appropriate.

Patriots can disagree on all kinds of policies. What must be agreed is that there are lines we won't cross in pursuit of our agenda. As one of the committee's witnesses explained, Trump had every right to litigate the election in court. When he loses in court and continues to challenge the results for months and years, he's no longer attacking just the election. He's attacking our legal and constitutional system itself. That he's doing so based on a lie only makes it worse. Worse yet, unlike Biden, he had an actual plan to steal the election and tried his best to effect it. And he did all of this in plain view without a hint of shame or remorse. You defend it and still presume to call others un-American or fascist. It's you who lack standing.
He didn't actually do anything nor did he order anyone to do anything. He just voiced his opinion.

I like you, but that's some bull**** and we both know it.
What's bullsh*t is that the intel community can cook up the RussiaGate lie, effect 2018 midterms with it and then turn around and lie about Hunter laptop and Joe's involvement with it in order to help Biden win the election.

This body of government that's going after Trump has NOTHING to say about all of this corruption. Why should I take them seriously?
If you have nothing to say about Trump's corruption, why should they take you seriously? You can stand for the truth or join the race to the bottom. You can't do both at once.
Let's say Trump is legit responsible for J6. The only realistic scenario is they take down Trump and sweep their own corruption under the rug and people like you just accept it.
Did I accept the Mueller investigation? The first Trump impeachment? The 2020 riots?
You accept that there will be no accountability for it.
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam: "The point is that no patriotic American should support Trump again, regardless of what Congress does"

My point is that you have zero standing to decree what makes someone a "patriotic American".

Trump started no new wars. A "patriotic American" might well prefer that to the wars started by Bush, Obama and Biden.

Trump focused on jobs and energy independence. A "patriotic American" might well prefer a strong, thriving America to what Obama gave us with socialized medicine and Biden did with his economic cirrhosis.

Let the people decide, based on the candidates and their polices. No pre-conditions or media massaging necessary or appropriate.

Patriots can disagree on all kinds of policies. What must be agreed is that there are lines we won't cross in pursuit of our agenda. As one of the committee's witnesses explained, Trump had every right to litigate the election in court. When he loses in court and continues to challenge the results for months and years, he's no longer attacking just the election. He's attacking our legal and constitutional system itself. That he's doing so based on a lie only makes it worse. Worse yet, unlike Biden, he had an actual plan to steal the election and tried his best to effect it. And he did all of this in plain view without a hint of shame or remorse. You defend it and still presume to call others un-American or fascist. It's you who lack standing.
He didn't actually do anything nor did he order anyone to do anything. He just voiced his opinion.

What's bullsh*t is that the intel community can cook up the RussiaGate lie, effect 2018 midterms with it and then turn around and lie about Hunter laptop and Joe's involvement with it in order to help Biden win the election.

This body of government that's going after Trump has NOTHING to say about all of this corruption. Why should I take them seriously?
If you have nothing to say about Trump's corruption, why should they take you seriously? You can stand for the truth or join the race to the bottom. You can't do both at once.
Let's say Trump is legit responsible for J6. The only realistic scenario is they take down Trump and sweep their own corruption under the rug and people like you just accept it.
Did I accept the Mueller investigation? The first Trump impeachment? The 2020 riots?
I accept that there will probably be no criminal accountability for Trump, either. What I want for both sides is political accountability. I especially want us as conservatives to be able to say we're better than this.
Oldbear83
Sam is no conservative.

After all his garbage on this thread, he reads like a Putinite.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Sam is no conservative.

Do you have an argument?
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam is no conservative.

Do you have an argument?
Once again, yes of course, If you would do more than post the same stuff over and over, and actually pay attention to the discussion, you would have known this long ago.

And Oso, if you think your level of posts somehow defend Sam or your adamant persecution without due process, you are very sadly wrong.
Redbrickbear
Insurrection?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/7/27/iraqi-protesters-storm-parliament-muqtada-al-sadr-green-zone

Osodecentx
No argument
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

No argument
If you mean me, read my last post to you and correct your ignorance.

If you are admitting you have no argument but have merely been trolling, Oso, you can always stop.

Either way, Oso, the plain point is that Trump has done nothing worth the shameful behavior of these hypocrites on parade.

All the noise won't win over even a single reasoning mind. Only those minds already gas-lit.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

No argument

If you are admitting you have no argument but have merely been trolling, Oso, you can always stop.

Either way, Oso, the plain point is that Trump has done nothing worth the shameful behavior of these hypocrites on parade.

All the noise won't win over even a single reasoning mind. Only those minds already gas-lit.

Still no argument?
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

No argument

Still no argument?
Again, read my last post to you and correct your ignorance.

Or continue to show a face which most of us would be embarrassed to present.

Either way, Trump will remain not guilty of any serious charge, the Democrats and RINOs will remain oblivious to the truth, and zero minds will change.

Since the original topic is dead, does anyone else here suspect that when someone on the White House staff mentions 'Hunter', Joe Biden thinks they mean Elmer Fudd?
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

No argument

Still no argument?

Either way, Trump will remain not guilty of any serious charge, the Democrats and RINOs will remain oblivious to the truth, and zero minds will change.

Since the original topic is dead, does anyone else here suspect that when someone on the White House staff mentions 'Hunter', Joe Biden thinks they mean Elmer Fudd?
Your last post, still looking for the argument:

Rebut this:
'Kind of Wild/Creative': Emails Shed Light on Trump Fake Electors Plan
Previously undisclosed communications among Trump campaign aides and outside advisers provide new insight into their efforts to overturn the election in the weeks leading to Jan. 6.

Previously undisclosed emails provide an inside look at the increasingly desperate and often slapdash efforts by advisers to President Donald J. Trump to reverse his election defeat in the weeks before the Jan. 6 attack, including acknowledgments that a key element of their plan was of dubious legality and lived up to its billing as "fake."
The dozens of emails among people connected to the Trump campaign, outside advisers and close associates of Mr. Trump show a particular focus on assembling lists of people who would claim with no basis to be Electoral College electors on his behalf in battleground states that he had lost.
In emails reviewed by The New York Times and authenticated by people who had worked with the Trump campaign at the time, one lawyer involved in the detailed discussions repeatedly used the word "fake" to refer to the so-called electors, who were intended to provide Vice President Mike Pence and Mr. Trump's allies in Congress a rationale for derailing the congressional process of certifying the outcome. And lawyers working on the proposal made clear they knew that the pro-Trump electors they were putting forward might not hold up to legal scrutiny.

"We would just be sending in 'fake' electoral votes to Pence so that 'someone' in Congress can make an objection when they start counting votes, and start arguing that the 'fake' votes should be counted," Jack Wilenchik, a Phoenix-based lawyer who helped organize the pro-Trump electors in Arizona, wrote in a Dec. 8, 2020, email to Boris Epshteyn, a strategic adviser for the Trump campaign.
In a follow-up email, Mr. Wilenchik wrote that "'alternative' votes is probably a better term than 'fake' votes," adding a smiley face emoji.
The emails provide new details of how a wing of the Trump campaign worked with outside lawyers and advisers to organize the elector plan and pursue a range of other options, often with little thought to their practicality. One email showed that many of Mr. Trump's top advisers were informed of problems naming Trump electors in Michigan a state he had lost because pandemic rules had closed the state Capitol building where the so-called electors had to gather.
The emails show that participants in the discussions reported details of their activities to Rudolph W. Giuliani, Mr. Trump's personal lawyer, and in at least one case to Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff. Around the same time, according to the House committee investigating Jan. 6, Mr. Meadows emailed another campaign adviser saying, "We just need to have someone coordinating the electors for states."
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/26/us/politics/trump-fake-electors-emails.html
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

No argument

Still no argument?

Your last post, still looking for the argument:

Rebut this:
'Kind of Wild/Creative': Emails Shed Light on Trump Fake Electors Plan
Previously undisclosed communications among Trump campaign aides and outside advisers provide new insight into their efforts to overturn the election in the weeks leading to Jan. 6.

Previously undisclosed emails provide an inside look at the increasingly desperate and often slapdash efforts by advisers to President Donald J. Trump to reverse his election defeat in the weeks before the Jan. 6 attack, including acknowledgments that a key element of their plan was of dubious legality and lived up to its billing as "fake."
The dozens of emails among people connected to the Trump campaign, outside advisers and close associates of Mr. Trump show a particular focus on assembling lists of people who would claim with no basis to be Electoral College electors on his behalf in battleground states that he had lost.
In emails reviewed by The New York Times and authenticated by people who had worked with the Trump campaign at the time, one lawyer involved in the detailed discussions repeatedly used the word "fake" to refer to the so-called electors, who were intended to provide Vice President Mike Pence and Mr. Trump's allies in Congress a rationale for derailing the congressional process of certifying the outcome. And lawyers working on the proposal made clear they knew that the pro-Trump electors they were putting forward might not hold up to legal scrutiny.

"We would just be sending in 'fake' electoral votes to Pence so that 'someone' in Congress can make an objection when they start counting votes, and start arguing that the 'fake' votes should be counted," Jack Wilenchik, a Phoenix-based lawyer who helped organize the pro-Trump electors in Arizona, wrote in a Dec. 8, 2020, email to Boris Epshteyn, a strategic adviser for the Trump campaign.
In a follow-up email, Mr. Wilenchik wrote that "'alternative' votes is probably a better term than 'fake' votes," adding a smiley face emoji.
The emails provide new details of how a wing of the Trump campaign worked with outside lawyers and advisers to organize the elector plan and pursue a range of other options, often with little thought to their practicality. One email showed that many of Mr. Trump's top advisers were informed of problems naming Trump electors in Michigan a state he had lost because pandemic rules had closed the state Capitol building where the so-called electors had to gather.
The emails show that participants in the discussions reported details of their activities to Rudolph W. Giuliani, Mr. Trump's personal lawyer, and in at least one case to Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff. Around the same time, according to the House committee investigating Jan. 6, Mr. Meadows emailed another campaign adviser saying, "We just need to have someone coordinating the electors for states."
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/26/us/politics/trump-fake-electors-emails.html

So, it seems you have no argument except to rant ...

And seriously son, you are still depending on the New York Times as if it has credibility?
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

I accept that there will probably be no criminal accountability for Trump, either. What I want for both sides is political accountability. I especially want us as conservatives to be able to say we're better than this.

DOJ will charge him now. Why? They have to after the Commission, if for no other reason that Garland can't do nothing now.

Liz caused a big media storm and if he doesn't, they will turn on him. Plus, it will distract during mid-terms and politically weaken Trump. Too many political positive to not charge. Cassidy will become media darling and get paid with a TV show spot.

Charges will be dismissed or they will decide not to prosecute AFTER getting headlines that Trump guilty proven by DOJ charging him. This will resurface in 2024, maybe follow up hearings on TV.
Doc Holliday
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

DOJ will charge him now. Why? They have to after the Commission, if for no other reason that Garland can't do nothing now.

Liz caused a big media storm and if he doesn't, they will turn on him. Plus, it will distract during mid-terms and politically weaken Trump. Too many political positive to not charge. Cassidy will become media darling and get paid with a TV show spot.

Charges will be dismissed or they will decide not to prosecute AFTER getting headlines that Trump guilty proven by DOJ charging him. This will resurface in 2024, maybe follow up hearings on TV.
100%. They're using it as an election tool.
4th and Inches
DC MayorBowser calls for activating the National Guard to handle the influx of illegal migrants into the city, calling it a "humanitarian crisis."

This is something she refused to do on January 6 with 100k protesters but will do when 4,000 illegal migrants enter her city.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Trump Proposes Constitutional Amendment So He Can Run As His Own Vice President in 2024
PALM BEACH, FL This week, former President Donald Trump called on Congress to propose and ratify a 28th amendment to the constitution. The amendment would allow for him to serve as his own Vice President if re-elected President in 2024.
"The current constitutional amendments are very, very weak. Pathetic, really.No double-dipping as President and VP? I don't need a Vice President. Mike Pence? Total disaster. I can be my own Vice President," said the former President on his social media platform, Truth Social.
The Constitution's requirements for adding amendments are rigid, requiring broad consensus across states and parties. In a series of "Truths" on Truth Social that journalists have labeled a "Truth-storm," the former President attacked anyone who thinks a "Trump-Trump" ticket is a bad idea. "The lamestream media says I need a separate Vice President in case I, the President, die. Can someone tell them I'm insured and have no plans to die? Why the lie, MSM?"
At publishing time, former Vice President Mike Pence confessed to denying former President Trump three times. In a moment of reconciliation, Trump restored him three times, only to say the whole thing was a joke and the only person Trump trusted to certify the vote for the 2028 election would be himself.
https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-proposes-constitutional-amendment-so-he-can-run-as-his-own-vice-president-in-2024

FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Trump Proposes Constitutional Amendment So He Can Run As His Own Vice President in 2024
PALM BEACH, FL This week, former President Donald Trump called on Congress to propose and ratify a 28th amendment to the constitution. The amendment would allow for him to serve as his own Vice President if re-elected President in 2024.
"The current constitutional amendments are very, very weak. Pathetic, really.No double-dipping as President and VP? I don't need a Vice President. Mike Pence? Total disaster. I can be my own Vice President," said the former President on his social media platform, Truth Social.
The Constitution's requirements for adding amendments are rigid, requiring broad consensus across states and parties. In a series of "Truths" on Truth Social that journalists have labeled a "Truth-storm," the former President attacked anyone who thinks a "Trump-Trump" ticket is a bad idea. "The lamestream media says I need a separate Vice President in case I, the President, die. Can someone tell them I'm insured and have no plans to die? Why the lie, MSM?"
At publishing time, former Vice President Mike Pence confessed to denying former President Trump three times. In a moment of reconciliation, Trump restored him three times, only to say the whole thing was a joke and the only person Trump trusted to certify the vote for the 2028 election would be himself.
https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-proposes-constitutional-amendment-so-he-can-run-as-his-own-vice-president-in-2024

And you guys would want to prosecute him for proposing the Amendment. Never mind it failed and never reached the light of day, he proposed it. Ban him! Prosecute him!!!!
Wrecks Quan Dough
If you tie a stone to Donald Trump and throw him into a river and he floats, then he is a witch. If he sinks, then he is not.

Just thought I would help the left and never-Trumpers understand the rules of a witch hunt.
Harrison Bergeron
Another funny part of the hysterical clown show is without an self-awareness the Democrats can claim "Trump is the greatest threat to democracy in history" while funneling millions of dollars to Trump-backed candidates.
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

And you guys would want to prosecute him for proposing the Amendment. Never mind it failed and never reached the light of day, he proposed it. Ban him! Prosecute him!!!!
RMF, it's the Babylon Bee with a smiling emoji. It's a joke
Redbrickbear

Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

'You Can't Be Pro-Insurrection And Pro-American,' Says President Of Nation Founded By An Insurrection
WASHINGTON, D.C. The president shot back at what he called "Super Duper Ultra MAGA Turbo Titans" Monday as he claimed "you can't be pro-insurrection and pro-American" despite being the commander in chief of a nation founded by an insurrection.
"Can you imagine Thomas Jefferson calling for the blood of tyrants? What if John Adams refused to pledge fealty to King George? England would've nuked us to oblivion. It would've been total malarkey anarchy!" said the unblinking Biden, unflinching in the face of a citizenry increasingly questioning whether he is fit to be president.
"Look, here's the deal, these Capitol insurrectioneserutes are traitors to American ideals because they wanted to challenge the results of an election," Biden confirmed. "I know this for a fact because a traitor is everyone who does not agree with me."
"We saw what happened," he continued, referring to the events of January 6. "Law enforcement agencies were speared with terrorist javelins dripping in blood, surrounded by carnage."
"These are all things that actually happened that I am not making up," he added.
At publishing time, White House officials had advised the president to stop saying "we saw what happened" in regards to the January 6 capitol riots because he keeps describing events that never took place.
https://babylonbee.com/news/you-cant-be-pro-insurrection-and-pro-american-says-president-of-nation-founded-by-an-insurrection

FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

I thought mine was too. Maybe I was wrong!
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

I thought mine was too. Maybe I was wrong!
Good one
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

If the riot didn't happen and people didn't trespass, would you still support getting Trump off the ballot for what he said?

If your answer is no, you haven't met the threshold to justify any of this.
whiterock
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Trump spending hours in front of a television at the White House watching the attack on the Capitol unfold that day, ignoring pleas from staff, supporters and family to call off the rioterssome of whom were hunting for Mr. Pence.

What do you say he did to stop the riot?

So Trump did nothing

The worst that could be said is that he demonstrated considerably greater leadership and effort to stop a riot than any Democrat did at any time during the prior 12 months. At no point did he exhort anything other than peaceful, legal exercise of 1st Amendment rights. He did not raise money (or pardon) anyone connected to the riot. He has not lauded or extolled anyone or any organization involved in the riot as heroes or leaders of his movement or his party.

He's a frickin' paragon of virtue compared to the people you are caucusing with.

He's got a point, compared to the Summer of Love and Portland, Jan 6th was an efficient slap down of the rioters.
Portland did it so it's okay if Trump tries to steal a national election as long as he fails
There you go again, making jumps with NO EVIDENCE. You want to say that Trump was a sore loser, you want to say he looked at Constitutional ways to challenge the election, you want to say he is a jerk. Hard to argue.

But to say he tried to steal an election through force is slanderous with no proof. To date, with 18 months of investigation by multiple Federal Agencies and Congress there is no connection between the idiots breaking into Congress and Trump to steal an election. Especially since it went forward on the 6th. You have a bunch of circumstantial inferences. That is not proof, no matter what you, Liz and Sam want to say.
It was not a constitutional process. The best you can say is that Trump adopted an unconstitutional plan, despite being told by his vice president, his attorney general, Republican senators, and his own lawyers that it was both factually groundless and illegal, and that he allowed violence to happen out of spite when the plan failed. That alone should be enough to disqualify him. The worst you can say is that he actually knew he lost the election and that the plan was illegal, and he encouraged violence with the intention of bullying Congress into cooperating so that he could remain in power. That's obviously worse. But in neither case should he ever be considered for public office again.
I keep hearing that. Yet the Party selects the Electors. If the GOP in those States chose a different slate, the least it should be is not acceptable for whatever reason (too late, didn't follow State process, etc) and the others are accepted (as happened) Or, it get's sent back to the State to confirm what set of Electors are the ones that count. If the can't determine, Congress decides.

The Feds have nothing to do with selecting of Electors. The GOP can't select Democrat Electors for their Party, but they have every right to select their own. At least in some States the GOP Chair put forward the alternate Electors. So, I don't get how if the Party submits alternate Electors it is undermining Democracy as it is their choice to make.

Also, there you go making all sorts of leaps to being behind something there is no proof he did.
There were no alternate electors. Each state certified a single slate.
LOL. Wrong. Each state elected TWO slates of electors, and only two slates of electors.
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Trump spending hours in front of a television at the White House watching the attack on the Capitol unfold that day, ignoring pleas from staff, supporters and family to call off the rioterssome of whom were hunting for Mr. Pence.

What do you say he did to stop the riot?

So Trump did nothing

The worst that could be said is that he demonstrated considerably greater leadership and effort to stop a riot than any Democrat did at any time during the prior 12 months. %A0 %A0At no point did he exhort anything other than peaceful, legal exercise of 1st Amendment rights. He did not raise money (or pardon) anyone connected to the riot. %A0He has not lauded or extolled anyone or any organization involved in the riot as heroes or leaders of his movement or his party. %A0

He's a frickin' paragon of virtue compared to the people you are caucusing with.

He's got a point, compared to the Summer of Love and Portland, Jan 6th was an efficient slap down of the rioters.
Portland did it so it's okay if Trump tries to steal a national election as long as he fails
There you go again, making jumps with NO EVIDENCE. %A0You want to say that Trump was a sore loser, you want to say he looked at Constitutional ways to challenge the election, you want to say he is a jerk. Hard to argue.

But to say he tried to steal an election through force is slanderous with no proof. %A0To date, with 18 months of investigation by multiple Federal Agencies and Congress there is no connection between the idiots breaking into Congress and Trump to steal an election. %A0Especially since it went forward on the 6th. %A0You have a bunch of circumstantial inferences. %A0That is not proof, no matter what you, Liz and Sam want to say. %A0 %A0
It was not a constitutional process. The best you can say is that Trump adopted an unconstitutional plan, despite being told by his vice president, his attorney general, Republican senators, and his own lawyers that it was both factually groundless and illegal, and that he allowed violence to happen out of spite when the plan failed. That alone should be enough to disqualify him. The worst you can say is that he actually knew he lost the election and that the plan was illegal, and he encouraged violence with the intention of bullying Congress into cooperating so that he could remain in power. That's obviously worse. But in neither case should he ever be considered for public office again.
I keep hearing that. %A0Yet the Party selects the Electors. %A0If the GOP in those States chose a different slate, the least it should be is not acceptable for whatever reason (too late, didn't follow State process, etc) and the others are accepted (as happened) %A0Or, it get's sent back to the State to confirm what set of Electors are the ones that count. %A0If the can't determine, Congress decides. %A0 %A0

The Feds have nothing to do with selecting of Electors. %A0The GOP can't select Democrat Electors for their Party, but they have every right to select their own. %A0At least in some States the GOP Chair put forward the alternate Electors. %A0So, I don't get how if the Party submits alternate Electors it is undermining Democracy as it is their choice to make. %A0

Also, there you go making all sorts of leaps to being behind something there is no proof he did. %A0
There were no alternate electors. Each state certified a single slate.
LOL. %A0Wrong. %A0 Each state elected TWO slates of electors, and only two slates of electors. %A0
LOL
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

If the riot didn't happen and people didn't trespass, would you still support getting Trump off the ballot for what he said?

Not just for what he said, but for participating in the fake elector scheme and conspiring to obstruct certification of the election results. That alone would have cleared the bar for impeachment.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Once the Electoral College has met and every state's election has been certified, there is no constitutional provision for an "alternate slate" of electors. A group of people who gather in a room and claim they are electors, as state-party-backed Republicans did in a few states on Monday, have no more authority than if the people reading this article decided that they, too, wanted to be members of the Electoral College.
So while Republicans in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Nevada and Michigan followed the White House's lead, making or discussing moves to form their own competing slates of pro-Trump electors, it was a theatrical effort with no legal pathway. Electoral College slates are tied to the winner of the popular vote in each state, and all five of those states have certified their results in favor of President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.
The most the Republicans could do was claim a symbolic moment, saying that the people who showed up would have been the slates of electors had President Trump won those states. But since he lost them, and numerous state and federal courts have rejected his and his allies' baseless claims of voting fraud, these groups have no actual significance.

Is this correct?
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Harrison Bergeron
You guys act like this was not a real threat to democracy, but Ukraine is holding off Russia largely due to the billions of dollars of flag poles and buffalo helmets we have sent them.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Not just for what he said, but for participating in the fake elector scheme and conspiring to obstruct certification of the election results. That alone would have cleared the bar for impeachment.

Wasn't he impeached for that? Impeachment is the correct way to handle this type of action. Not this crap...
Sam Lowry
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Wasn't he impeached for that? Impeachment is the correct way to handle this type of action. Not this crap...
No, he was impeached for inciting violence against the United States. Obstruction was mentioned, specifically his phone calls to Georgia, but not the fake electors.
4th and Inches
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Once the Electoral College has met and every state's election has been certified, there is no constitutional provision for an "alternate slate" of electors. A group of people who gather in a room and claim they are electors, as state-party-backed Republicans did in a few states on Monday, have no more authority than if the people reading this article decided that they, too, wanted to be members of the Electoral College.
So while Republicans in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Nevada and Michigan followed the White House's lead, making or discussing moves to form their own competing slates of pro-Trump electors, it was a theatrical effort with no legal pathway. Electoral College slates are tied to the winner of the popular vote in each state, and all five of those states have certified their results in favor of President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.
The most the Republicans could do was claim a symbolic moment, saying that the people who showed up would have been the slates of electors had President Trump won those states. But since he lost them, and numerous state and federal courts have rejected his and his allies' baseless claims of voting fraud, these groups have no actual significance.

Is this correct?
it is an opinion. Other legal and constitutional scholars disagree with it.

Those people were in fact electors chosen by the state to represent Donald Trump just like the others that were the electors chosen by the state to represent Joe Biden. They are not the same as you and I the reader sending a note to washington. What they did was not illegal and ultimately had no bearing on the process beyand doing what needed to be done at the time. Both sets being sent is not an issue and is in fact necessary if the state is in question and the results could change. They would be thrown out at the fed level reading because they are not certified by the state and they were..

If they were not sent and the state changed its mind, that could get messy as well since the rules state electors have to be submitted by a certain date.

The states stood firm, the non certified elector sets were discarded as written in the proceedure and Biden is president.

Now, if we want to talk about all the states that certified elections that used rules other than those passed by the state legislature as required by federal election law. That would be fun. We are seeing them slowly being Unwound and hopefully going forward, they will be codified by the legislature or people will fight to make sure only the state legislature rules are used.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

No, he was impeached for inciting violence against the Unites States. Obstruction was mentioned, specifically his phone calls to Georgia, but not the fake electors.

Because the alternate electors was not illegal and Pence didn't choose them. You keep downplaying what actually happened. If it was even speculated as illegal it would have been included.
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

No, he was impeached for inciting violence against the Unites States. Obstruction was mentioned, specifically his phone calls to Georgia, but not the fake electors.

Because the alternate electors was not illegal and Pence didn't choose them. You keep downplaying what actually happened. If it was even speculated as illegal it would have been included.
Why did the Trump's lawyer call them "fake votes"?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.