Jan 6 committee

126,985 Views | 3026 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Harrison Bergeron
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Harrison Bergeron
For the authoritarians - why do Democrats need to fake evidence if this is "the worst attack on the US since the Civil War?"

Why did they prevent a bi-partisan hearing?

Why did it disallow cross?
Porteroso
A lot of you just don't get it. It doesn't matter whether the insurrection had a chance or not. Sure, some of them wanted to murder the Vice President and all, but it was truly a pathetic and mostly spur of the moment attempt.

But that's not the issue. The issue is that a man who took an oath to uphold and defend democracy, spent 4 years destroying people's trust in it, to the point that millions of his faithful zealots think the election was stolen. Enough that thousands breached the Capitol for the first time in forever.

It absolutely deserves to be investigated. This cannot become the norm, pseudo celebs somehow riling up Americans into believing violence is the only way to fix this country.
Sam Lowry
LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Agree. But it's amusing how much Tucker triggers them. Almost as much as Trump.
Maybe because there isn't a single Republican in congress actively promoting workable solutions .

So its either kick old man Trump or goofy Tucker .

Don't disagree. We have ****ty representation. It's been that way for a while.

That I agree with. We've been let down for awhile on both sides. It started with someone who had less credibility than k
Kardashian.

It started long before Trump. You're just not old enough to know any better.

I am old enough. It's just sad we fell for a realty TV show con man.

And yet the guy you voted for is even worse. Americans are far worse off under Biden than they were under trump. That's indisputable fact.

Was no trump fan but give me his policies any day over Biden, that is unless you like high inflation, gas prices, cost of living and closer to nuclear war with Russian than at any point since the 80s. The guy you voted for has been a total ****ing disaster.

We can recover from crappy policies (see Obama). But this is different for obvious reasons.
Yep.
Sam Lowry
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Cobretti said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

That dud is Putin Jr.

I like Twitter too but do you have an original thought other than reposting Twitter in every post?
He does not.
Mothra
LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Maybe because there isn't a single Republican in congress actively promoting workable solutions .

That I agree with. We've been let down for awhile on both sides. It started with someone who had less credibility than k
Kardashian.

And yet the guy you voted for is even worse. Americans are far worse off under Biden than they were under trump. That's indisputable fact.

Was no trump fan but give me his policies any day over Biden, that is unless you like high inflation, gas prices, cost of living and closer to nuclear war with Russian than at any point since the 80s. The guy you voted for has been a total ****ing disaster.

We can recover from crappy policies (see Obama). But this is different for obvious reasons.

Huh? SMH.

Sorry man you are the problem if you don't see that.

I'm trying to be respectful but there's so much ignorance in your posts.

Bad policies can have lasting effects for years, decades, and even generations. And often times, there's no unwinding the clock and fixing the damage that's been done. See a broken welfare system first instituted during the FDR administration. See Obamacare. See the China Relations Act under Clinton, whose favorable trade status is largely responsible for China's rise to power. See decisions to invade foreign countries by our presidents, causing foreign conflicts we are still in decades and thousands of American lives later. There are countless examples. And then of course that doesn't even touch on the Supreme Court justices a president can nominate, which can likewise have lasting effects for generations.

The idea that it doesn't matter who is president because the policies instituted can be fixed is just stupid. Policies have ripple effects for generations. Americans are hurting and businesses are being bankrupted right now because of an inept democrat administration. Again, there's no unwinding the clock on that.

If you want to continue to sit it out or vote Democrat until the perfect Republican candidate comes along, free free. But I think we both know those are just cop outs that guys like you and Sam Lowry use to justify your absurd voting records. We agree Trump is a scumbag. But any true conservative* was a fool to vote for anyone but him this last election cycle.

*I say true conservative because I suspect like Sam Lowry, you aren't really much of a conservative at all. The "conservatives" that I know who either voted Biden or sat out the last election may have been "conservative" on an issue here or there, but were not truly conservative in any meaningful sense. True conservatives weren't so ****ing stupid. True conservatives knew better.
Osodecentx
Miley Cyrus To Perform Halftime Show At Jan. 6 Committee Hearings

WASHINGTON, D.C.The nation is abuzz with anticipation of the televised January 6 Committee hearing making its prime time debut at 8 p.m. ET. To top off the excitement of the House select committee's investigation, producers of the star-studded extravaganza have announced that Miley Cyrus will be the featured performer during the hearing's halftime show.
Other performers during the bedazzling spectacle will include Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Demi Lovato, and the ghost of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
"If you thought the Depp-Heard trial was exciting, wait until you get a load of this baby," said James Goldston, a former ABC News executive hired by the Democrat-led committee to really "wow" the American people with a multimedia presentation aimed at objectively and judiciously seeking the truth of what really happened that fateful day.
Republican lawmakers have pounced on the House select committee, accusing them of putting on a politicized, narrative-driven stunt rather than seeking truth. In response, GOP lawmakers have sworn to make their own January 6 Committee with cool, Republican members, lots of American flags, and a concert on Mt. Rushmore featuring Toby Keith and Morgan Wallen.
The January 6 Committee said the opening ceremony of the hearing will include previously-unseen video footage of the Capitol riots, followed by a ritual burning of Trump in effigy.
https://babylonbee.com/news/miley-cyrus-to-perform-halftime-show-at-jan-6-committee-hearings

Whiskey Pete
LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Kardashian.

It's sad you fell for a geriatric swindler suffering from dementia that has made a half century career out of grifting the American taxpayer by selling this country out to the likes of China
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Miley Cyrus To Perform Halftime Show At Jan. 6 Committee Hearings

WASHINGTON, D.C.The nation is abuzz with anticipation of the televised January 6 Committee hearing making its prime time debut at 8 p.m. ET. To top off the excitement of the House select committee's investigation, producers of the star-studded extravaganza have announced that Miley Cyrus will be the featured performer during the hearing's halftime show.
Other performers during the bedazzling spectacle will include Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Demi Lovato, and the ghost of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
"If you thought the Depp-Heard trial was exciting, wait until you get a load of this baby," said James Goldston, a former ABC News executive hired by the Democrat-led committee to really "wow" the American people with a multimedia presentation aimed at objectively and judiciously seeking the truth of what really happened that fateful day.
Republican lawmakers have pounced on the House select committee, accusing them of putting on a politicized, narrative-driven stunt rather than seeking truth. In response, GOP lawmakers have sworn to make their own January 6 Committee with cool, Republican members, lots of American flags, and a concert on Mt. Rushmore featuring Toby Keith and Morgan Wallen.
The January 6 Committee said the opening ceremony of the hearing will include previously-unseen video footage of the Capitol riots, followed by a ritual burning of Trump in effigy.
https://babylonbee.com/news/miley-cyrus-to-perform-halftime-show-at-jan-6-committee-hearings

Babylon Bee for the win. Again.
Mothra
Canada2017 said:

LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Kardashian.

Huh? SMH.

Sorry man you are the problem if you don't see that.
The problem is 6 dollar a gallon gasoline and the policies that led to it .

As skyrocketing transportation costs inflate the price of everything.

As prices increase.....discretionary spending decreases ....jobs are lost .

Resulting in even a bigger drop in the country's standard of living .

Going 'green' sounds good........so progressive and all.

But the tech simply isn't there .

Come on man. Steak boy says these policies are just temporary. So what if they ruin Americans' lives.
ATL Bear
Porteroso said:

A lot of you just don't get it. It doesn't matter whether the insurrection had a chance or not. Sure, some of them wanted to murder the Vice President and all, but it was truly a pathetic and mostly spur of the moment attempt.

But that's not the issue. The issue is that a man who took an oath to uphold and defend democracy, spent 4 years destroying people's trust in it, to the point that millions of his faithful zealots think the election was stolen. Enough that thousands breached the Capitol for the first time in forever.

It absolutely deserves to be investigated. This cannot become the norm, pseudo celebs somehow riling up Americans into believing violence is the only way to fix this country.
It has to be an insurrection to be an insurrection. And these things are investigated by law enforcement and processed through a Justice system designed to give defendants an opportunity to respond. Not a kangaroo court carefully scripted to influence the public, and take shots at the opposite party. This was shameful, I'm no Trump fan, but this made a bad moment for this country even worse.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Kardashian.

Yep.
Rich irony, coming from the poster who was highly critical about Afghanistan and Iraq during the Bush admin. Two decades of war and thousands of American lives lost in the process. But we can recover, right?

You're such a fool.
Doc Holliday
Porteroso said:

I think you're making a HUGE mistake believing people are riled up due to Trump.

People are riled up because our government hasn't served the people for several decades now.
FLBear5630
fubar said:

TWD 74 said:

LateSteak69 said:

This is going to sting the celebrity cultists.
Don't know if anyone is paying attention, but Liz Cheney is flat out bringing it.
"I say this to my Republican colleagues who are defending the indefensible. There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain."

Sums it up well.
Ok, curious. What actions happened? Not words, rhetoric or inuendo.

Did Trump leave on Jan 20th?

Was the election certified?

Was Trump or ANYONE in his administration, family or employ in the crowd that actually broke in?

Was he or anyone in his Administration charged after 15 months of investigation?

Any proof he knew about it in advance?

We may disagree with his temper tantrum, his timing or think he is an *******, but that does not mean he is culpable because a bunch of idiots got out of control As I said, anyone that went into Congress and took part in breaking in should be arrested and prosecuted.

This is political theater.
C. Jordan
Osodecentx said:

Hearings tonight in prime time. This is a massive overreach by Dems. If they think minds will be changed, they are mistaken.

Just tell us what happened & we can decide what to do.

Millions believe the election was stolen and violence is justified to rectify it. These hearings will only harden their opinions.

A prime time circus won't do what Democrats hope
Obviously, you didn't watch it.

It was riveting and it allowed Trump's own people to damn him.

They told what happened. The fact that millions believe the election was stolen doesn't make it true.

First, the committee let Trump's own people say the election was NOT stolen. In fact, it's obvious Trump knew the election wasn't stolen.

To this day, there is no evidence the election was stolen.

But Trump has claimed fraud after every election he lost. Even Republican primaries. So he's a proven liar.

The millions who believe the election was stolen believe it only because they believe whatever Trump says. Even when there's no evidence to support what he says.

Second, the committee showed the disgusting violence of the day, and that Trump not only knew about it, he instigated it and approved it.

More revelations will come.

Will it change minds? I sure hope so, because we came perilously close to losing democracy that day. For the first time, we had a President challenge the peaceful handover of power. Trump failed, mostly because he was inept.

If it doesn't change minds, at least it will provide a historical record of how America lost democracy. Because if Trump is elected again, it will be gone.
C. Jordan
Harrison Bergeron said:

If anything, it shows how tone-deaf they are. People are dealing with record inflation, significant increases in crime, record illegal inflation and related problems, etc., and Congressional Democrats are doing performance art about an event no one really thinks about anymore but twitter radicals.

Exacerbated by the near-term threat to SCOTUS widely encouraged by Democrats ... even though its largely been memory-holed ... and people remember 2020 where burning, looting, and murdering resulted in ~20 direct deaths and more than $2B in damage ... but BUFFALO MAN!
Yeah. Who cares about democracy?
C. Jordan
Harrison Bergeron said:

For the authoritarians - why do Democrats need to fake evidence if this is "the worst attack on the US since the Civil War?"

Why did they prevent a bi-partisan hearing?

Why did it disallow cross?
The Democrats didn't kill bipartisanship.

Republicans did.

The original idea was a bipartisan commission made up of an equal number from both parties.

Republicans rejected the idea.

Republicans were never interested in a bipartisan investigation. They wanted no investigation because they're committed to protecting Trump at all costs.

Even at the cost of losing democracy.
C. Jordan
riflebear said:

Apples and oranges.

But nice try.
Mothra
RMF5630 said:

fubar said:

TWD 74 said:

LateSteak69 said:

Don't know if anyone is paying attention, but Liz Cheney is flat out bringing it.
"I say this to my Republican colleagues who are defending the indefensible. There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain."

Sums it up well.
Ok, curious. What actions happened? Not words, rhetoric or inuendo.

Did Trump leave on Jan 20th?

Was the election certified?

Was Trump or ANYONE in his administration, family or employ in the crowd that actually broke in?

Was he or anyone in his Administration charged after 15 months of investigation?

Any proof he knew about it in advance?

We may disagree with his temper tantrum, his timing or think he is an *******, but that does not mean he is culpable because a bunch of idiots got out of control As I said, anyone that went into Congress and took part in breaking in should be arrested and prosecuted.

This is political theater.
Yup. All political theater. But it does rile up the Never Trumpers like fubar. Red meat for those guys.
Mothra
C. Jordan said:

riflebear said:

Apples and oranges.

But nice try.
Actually, it's a pretty spot on comparison.

You can't be unhappy about one, calling for investigations, prosecutions, etc. and then ignore the other.
C. Jordan
TWD 74 said:

LateSteak69 said:

She's going to follow Trump to the gates of hell.

She has more balls than any other Republican.

McConnell and McCarthy have let Trump geld them.
C. Jordan
Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

riflebear said:

Apples and oranges.

But nice try.

You can't be unhappy about one, calling for investigations, prosecutions, etc. and then ignore the other.
Actually, it isn't.

First, most of them are referring to protests, not violence. The backgrounds are deceptive, especially on Harris. It made it look like she was calling for violent protests when she wasn't. So that's a flat-out lie.

And who said I was happy about them and excused them. I don't.

Second, none of them involved the attempted takeover of the government and the murder of public officials.

So, yeah.

Apples and oranges.

But thanks for playing!
Mothra
C. Jordan said:

TWD 74 said:

LateSteak69 said:

Yup. You criticize her Daddy and War-Monger Dick Cheney, she mad.

But nothing will become of it. She's a paper tiger. Won't be here much longer.
Mothra
C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

riflebear said:

Apples and oranges.

But nice try.

Actually, it isn't.

First, most of them are referring to protests, not violence.

Second, none of them involved the attempted takeover of the government and the murder of public officials.

So, yeah.

Apples and oranges.

But thanks for playing!
The BLM "protests" were far more violent than January 6th. 20 dead, thousands injured, and hundreds of million in property damage. And of course, the Dems bailed out many of those arrested, hypocrites that they are.

But I can understand why a partisan hack such as yourself can't admit it. Try again, false preacher.
C. Jordan
Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

TWD 74 said:

LateSteak69 said:

Yep. Courage and balls are no longer valued in the Republican party.

Bowing the knee to Trump is all that matters.

I didn't agree with her policies. I just said she has balls.

Which other Republican leaders lack.
whitetrash
C. Jordan watching last night's proceedings:

C. Jordan
Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

riflebear said:

Apples and oranges.

But nice try.

Actually, it isn't.

So, yeah.

Apples and oranges.

But thanks for playing!
The BLM "protests" were far more violent than January 6th. 20 dead, thousands injured, and hundreds of million in property damage. And of course, the Dems bailed out many of those arrested, hypocrites that they are.

But I can understand why a partisan hack such as yourself can't admit it. Try again, false preacher.
Are you kidding me?

None of the BLM protests tried to overthrow the federal government and murder Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence.

There's no comparison.

Quit trying to gaslight people.
Mothra
C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

TWD 74 said:

LateSteak69 said:

LOL. Yes, she's very courageous. Bowing her knee to the Dems because she's mad he was critical of a man truly responsible for the deaths of thousands of our young men.

Cheneys have blood on their hands. But we all know the enemy of our enemy is our friend, right false preacher?
C. Jordan
whitetrash said:

C. Jordan watching last night's proceedings:

Ah. Taking the high road, I see.

Actually, that's McCarthy hacking off his balls before he went to see Trump.
Mothra
C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

riflebear said:

Apples and oranges.

But nice try.

Actually, it isn't.

So, yeah.

Apples and oranges.

But thanks for playing!

Are you kidding me?

None of the BLM protests tried to overthrow the federal government and murder Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence.

There's no comparison.

Are you actually suggesting that January 6th, which resulted in the death of one protestor, was more violent than BLM?

As my dad would say, you're either eaten up with the dumbass, or you are blinded by your politics.
C. Jordan
Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

TWD 74 said:

LateSteak69 said:

LOL. Yes, she's very courageous. Bowing her knee to the Dems because she's mad he was critical of a man truly responsible for the deaths of thousands of our young men.

Cheneys have blood on their hands. But we all know the enemy of our enemy is our friend, right false preacher?
I don't disagree about blood on her hands.

But you could say that about a lot of people.

But when push came to shove over Democracy, she stood tall.

Democrats and Republicans used to share that value.

I still value democracy. Apparently, you don't.
Mothra
C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

TWD 74 said:

LateSteak69 said:

Sorry, false preacher, but you don't value anything of the sort. Your party doesn't value democracy. It values power. This little charade proves that. It's about the midterms.

Get over yourself, wokie.
C. Jordan
Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

riflebear said:

Apples and oranges.

But nice try.

Actually, it isn't.

So, yeah.

Apples and oranges.

But thanks for playing!

Are you kidding me?

There's no comparison.

Are you actually suggesting that January 6th, which resulted in the death of one protestor, was more violent than BLM?

As my dad would say, you're either eaten up with the dumbass, or you are blinded by your politics.
Umm. You didn't notice that at least 4 police officers died.

And that many other leaders' lives were in danger.

You might try watching the news occasionally.

Listen to the brave testimony from last night of the female police officer who was knocked out cold, but then got up to continue to try to stop the surge.

You didn't notice these deaths and injuries?

And I'm the blind one?
Mothra
C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

riflebear said:

Apples and oranges.

But nice try.

Actually, it isn't.

So, yeah.

Apples and oranges.

But thanks for playing!

Are you kidding me?

There's no comparison.

Umm. You didn't notice that at least 4 police officers died.

And that many other leaders' lives were in danger.

You might try watching the news occasionally.

Listen to the brave testimony from last night of the female police officer who was knocked out cold, but then got up to continue to try to stop the surge.

You didn't notice these deaths and injuries?

And I'm the blind one?
Dummy, not a single death of a police officer was linked to January 6th. NOT A SINGLE ONE. Try getting your news from somewhere other than Huffingtonpost.

Yes, you are blind as a bat.
C. Jordan
Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

TWD 74 said:

LateSteak69 said:

Sorry, false preacher, but you don't value anything of the sort. Your party doesn't value democracy. It values power. This little charade proves that. It's about the midterms.

Get over yourself, wokie.
I'm proud to be woke.

My party isn't the one trying to subvert democracy.

Trump was the one doing that.

And he came perilously close to succeeded.

(By the way, just a word. When you resort to insults, it tells me you're desperate and know that you've lost the debate!)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.