Jan 6 committee

133,226 Views | 3026 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Harrison Bergeron
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

These "hearings" will have an effect, all right. Just not the way Sam, Oso, C Jordan and their ilk think will happen.
I think the hearings are informing some open minded Trump voters. What will come out today?

From WaPo
Cassidy Hutchinson, a top aide to Mark Meadows when he was White House chief of staff in the Trump administration, is expected to testify Tuesday at the latest hearing by the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection. Hutchinson had frequent access to Meadows and President Donald Trump in the days before and after the attack on the U.S. Capitol and previously provided hours of closed-door testimony to the panel.
Did you get a t shirt or just the bumper sticker, when you joined Team Lynch Trump?

Listening to the hearing I see why you're so worried
I don't worry about bad comedy. You may want to worry about your mental health if/when Trump is elected again in 2024.
Don't listen to the hearing. You'll lose your mind. New stuff coming out that you'll hate
new stuff.. about time, they might have lead with the new stuff instead of boring everybody into not watching
Not boring

From WaPo
Former president Donald Trump was so "irate" that he wasn't being driven to the Capitol following his speech on the Ellipse on Jan. 6, 2021, that he attempted to grab the steering wheel of his limousine and lunged at a member of his Secret Service detail, former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson testified in a House hearing Tuesday.

"I'm the f-ing president! Take me up to the Capitol now!" Hutchinson, a former aide to White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, quoted Trump as saying in testimony to the House select committee. She also described an outburst by Trump at his former attorney general in which he threw dishes, leaving ketchup streaming down the wall.
reading comprehension not your strong suit? Ask a friend to read my post for you..
Friend read your post. He thought you were concerned the hearing might be boring. It isn't
didnt say it was, said they should have lead with this several hearing episodes ago..
Did the committee have this information earlier? Reports say this is new information
If they didn't what was DOJ doing for 16 months? I agree, this should have happened March 2021ish. I would have been much more interested and it would have been more credible. Right now, it looks like pure election year drama. I almost expect version 2 in 2024.

I do not want Trump anywhere near the White House. But, there have to be options. Harris, Clinton or Buttigieg isn't going to cut it. I hope the GOP runs Halley, Pompeo or DeSantis (praying not him this time, I want him in Florida for 6 more years).
whitetrash
TWD 1974
RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

RMF5630 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Ok, enough of this crap. Charge the guy. If you have evidence he broke the law, charge him. This constant droning of allegations and innuendo is ridiculous.
That mfer should go to jail.
Ok, with what charge? What is chargeable here that Trump or any of his staff did? If anyone, maybe Giuliani. Problem there is Giuliani was his attorney. If Trump was acting under attorney's advice, real hard to get intent. Come on, what is chargeable? How was Democracy in peril?? Besides just saying it.

Give us a charge and how you prove it...
That's the defense you would give him? "Not guilty of obstruction of Justice or interference in an election because my lawyer said it was, ok?" Also, try telling a judge or jury that your lawyer was Rudy (Captain Hair Dye--the attorney renowned for farting his interrogatories) and I always do exactly what he says. .

Seriously, we should have learned by now that Presidents, in and pertaining to actions during their time of office, are pretty much impossible to convict. What the testimony today may bring is more testimony which may change things. For now, the ones in serious legal jeopardy are those who did his bidding.
J.B.Katz
RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

riflebear said:

Hutchinson isn't a never Trumper. She is under oath
Yet, her testimony shows nothing more than a sore-loser. He was mad he lost and acted like a child. Go figure...
FLBear5630
TWD 74 said:

RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

RMF5630 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Ok, enough of this crap. Charge the guy. If you have evidence he broke the law, charge him. This constant droning of allegations and innuendo is ridiculous.
That mfer should go to jail.
Ok, with what charge? What is chargeable here that Trump or any of his staff did? If anyone, maybe Giuliani. Problem there is Giuliani was his attorney. If Trump was acting under attorney's advice, real hard to get intent. Come on, what is chargeable? How was Democracy in peril?? Besides just saying it.

Give us a charge and how you prove it...
That's the defense you would give him? "Not guilty of obstruction of Justice or interference in an election because my lawyer said it was, ok?" Also, try telling a judge or jury that your lawyer was Rudy (Captain Hair Dye--the attorney renowned for farting his interrogatories) and I always do exactly what he says. .

Seriously, we should have learned by now that Presidents, in and pertaining to actions during their time of office, are pretty much impossible to convict. What the testimony today may bring is more testimony which may change things. For now, the ones in serious legal jeopardy are those who did his bidding.
There are numerous defenses. Yes, acting under the advice of counsel is one of them. Being told by counsel that he could tell the VP not to certify. Being told by counsel that they do have a case that the election was stolen, hair dye or not.

Also, his believe that the election was stolen. He didn't intent to defraud anyone, he literally believes it was illegally stolen. Intent plays a big part in you saying he is spreading the Big Lie, it is not a lie to him.

Finally, everything happened on schedule.
Election,
Certification,
Leaving White House (remember farce that the military was going to have to remove him???)
Inauguration

Simple defense is I don't have to believe it and we floated ideas that were not viable. So what, my Administration did everything as required, when it was required. I don't have to like it or even be classy about it, just do it.

That is a defense that will be tough to beat, no matter how many spaghetti plates he threw....
4th and Inches
Not defending Trump here- just passing the info.. Hurchinson just changed lawyers so now you are getting this new info. She also requested to be on the Trump team that transitioned to Florida from white house in 2020 but was rejected.

In 2019 Pelosi said:

"I am a longtime Member of the Ethics Committee, and, there, we just followed the facts...No hearsay...All objective. "

Some of what yall heard today was hearsay and no chance of cross or corroboration. Take it for what it is..

At least it was new and semi interesting
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

Not defending Trump here- just passing the info.. Hurchinson just changed lawyers so now you are getting this new info. She also requested to be on the Trump team that transitioned to Florida from white house in 2020 but was rejected.

In 2019 Pelosi said:

"I am a longtime Member of the Ethics Committee, and, there, we just followed the facts...No hearsay...All objective. "

Some of what yall heard today was hearsay and no chance of cross or corroboration. Take it for what it is..

It was entertaining. Very National Enquirer feel to it. He threw lunch, he yelled, etc... I would like to have seen Trump lunch at a Secret Service Agent, he is not that stupid.
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

riflebear said:

you cant testify hearsay under oath, yet here we are..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
J.B.Katz
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

riflebear said:

4th and Inches
J.B.Katz said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

riflebear said:

point still stands, as he said in his follow up tweet..

In 2019 Pelosi said:

Ole Steve thinks its cool that Pelosi jan 6 hearing just doesnt need to do what she said was important in 2019 in 2022.. cool i guess

–Horace

Doc Holliday
J.B.Katz said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

riflebear said:

No defense attorneys, no cross examination, and no defense witnesses to rebut.

Osodecentx
Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Unbelievable Third party hearsay lol

That's how badly these hearings are going for dems.

Don't you think the folks who were in the conversations with the principals will have to testify? She's naming names of those in the conversations.

This is a fact finding committee, not a jury trial
There are no rules of evidence, and no one is representing/asking questions on behalf of the accused. McCarthy's decision

This is not fact finding lmao It sure is fact finding. And Trump isn't lhao

No defense attorneys, no cross examination, and no defense witnesses to rebut. McCarthy's decision. That's why Trump is mad at McCarthy .. again
Committee found lots of facts today
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

riflebear said:

Why? Where is it written that a Congressional committee can't hear hearsay?
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Don't you think the folks who were in the conversations with the principals will have to testify? She's naming names of those in the conversations.

There are no rules of evidence, and no one is representing/asking questions on behalf of the accused. McCarthy's decision

No defense attorneys, no cross examination, and no defense witnesses to rebut. McCarthy's decision. That's why Trump is mad at McCarthy .. again
nope- they knew all this when they scheduled it. We got new stuff today though..

–Horace

Wrecks Quan Dough
Have we go to point where the Committee explains how this aids Congress in the legislative process?
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

riflebear said:

Why? Where is it written that a Congressional committee can't hear hearsay?
you are right! What was I thinking.. oh yeah, the ethics committee thinks its wrong to use hearsay as evidence. Pelosi told me

–Horace

J.B.Katz
4th and Inches
He Hate Me said:

Have we go to point where the Committee explains how this aids Congress in the legislative process?
not once has this illegit committee explained how this aids Congress in the legislative process. This is a get Trump not to run again sh..show. Works for me, ban him and move on already!

–Horace

4th and Inches
J.B.Katz said:

great! Charge them with witness tampering! Refer to the DOJ!

–Horace

J.B.Katz
4th and Inches
J.B.Katz said:

i promise not to vote for him in the primary.

You get your side to run a half decent canidate and I will work on mine. Deal?

–Horace

Doc Holliday
Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Bro after the Mueller witch hunt, impeachment, Stormy Daniels, Avenatti, the Dossier, his taxes and so on...do you really think they got him this time!?
whitetrash
The one piece of testimony I expected to hear from Hutchinson today but didn't was that her best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Trump pass out at 31 Flavors.

J.B.Katz
After reading some of these comments I have drawn this conclusion,

Jesus Christ could come back to earth, take off his sandals and try to beat some sense into people about Trump, and it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

Trump supporters, including South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott, who just hasn't had the time to watch, should man up and watch the hearings to learn the truth that Fox and Breitbart have been gaslighting you about for more than a year.
Wangchung
"Why won't you believe our propaganda?!? Why won't you give respect to our one sided committee that doesn't allow cross examination?!?"

Imagine being THAT ****ing stupid.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Osodecentx
Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Bro after the Mueller witch hunt, impeachment, Stormy Daniels, Avenatti, the Dossier, his taxes and so on...do you really think they got him this time!?

Not with 30% of Republican primary voters
Harrison Bergeron
J.B.Katz said:

Every accusation is a confession:

Ashley is the youngest of Biden's children and the only one from his marriage to First Lady Jill Biden. Dates written in the diary run from January 25 to September 18 of 2019 when she was in her late 30s.
In an entry on January 30, Ashley wrote about her sex addiction the day before her Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.

'I have always been boy crazy,' she wrote. 'Hyper-sexualized @ a young age ... I remember somewhat being sexualized with [a family member]; I remember having sex with friends @ a young age; showers w/ my dad (probably not appropriate).'
C. Jordan
4th and Inches said:

In 2019 Pelosi said:

This is what Trump said, but we don't know it to be true and we don't know her side of the story.

Plus, she testified under oath and Trump never will.
4th and Inches
J.B.Katz said:

Jesus Christ could come back to earth, take off his sandals and try to beat some sense into people about Trump, and it wouldn't make a bit of difference.
but your ability to draw conclusions needs work.

–Horace

C. Jordan
Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

They did. Even if you take out the parts that could be considered "hearsay," it was powerful.

Besides, "hearsay" is irrelevant here. This is a Congressional fact-finding mission, not a criminal proceeding.

C. Jordan
whitetrash said:

The one piece of testimony I expected to hear from Hutchinson today but didn't was that her best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Trump pass out at 31 Flavors.

Yep. Yuck it up and watch your guy go down in flames!
Wangchung
C. Jordan said:

whitetrash said:

Yeah, we heard that for four years as y'all whined about Russia, among other fabricated accusations against orange man bad.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
C. Jordan
J.B.Katz said:

Trump supporters, including South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott, who just hasn't had the time to watch, should man up and watch the hearings to learn the truth that Fox and Breitbart have been gaslighting you about for more than a year.
It shows their devotion to Trump is very much like cultists have to a cult leader.

They are immune to the facts. Indeed, if you attack their leader, they adhere to him with greater devotion.

That's because they've set aside logic and reason to worship the master.
C. Jordan
Wangchung said:

C. Jordan said:

whitetrash said:

Yeah, we heard that for four years as y'all whined about Russia, among other fabricated accusations against orange man bad.
I love the false comparisons.

The weird thing is that these are all Republicans who were faithful Trump loyalists who are bringing this testimony.

And it was a Republican who was the second-ranking Republican in the House until she was canned for not supporting Trump who was doing the questioning.

And the one testifying was a loyal Republican herself, having worked for Scalise the the well-know turd Cruz.

So the only thing that matters for people like you is supporting Trump no matter what.

How is that not like being in a cult?
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

C. Jordan said:

whitetrash said:

One minor difference: this isn't fabricated.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.