Jan 6 committee

127,000 Views | 3026 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Harrison Bergeron
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

What calls for attacks on a branch of government?
Just search for the last few weeks response to the SCOTUS decisions from the Majority Leader threatening the Court to calls for violence against SCOUS justices might be a good place to start.
I read the news, but I don't recall seeing anything like that. There's no reason to think Schumer's "reap the whirlwind" statement was a call for violence, if that's what you mean.

ETA: Disregard emoji.
Possibly. Again, that's why the double standards are exhaustive when discussing subjective questions. There were exponentially more calls of for violence against SCOTUS after the decision leaked whether direct or the infamous "dog whistles" to the point of an assassin tried.

The leaking of the draft opinion was a bigger threat to democracy than anything that happened Jan. 6. (yes, I realize that's subjective too) I just don't think Buffalo Man walking through the Capitol was a threat to the biggest military on the planet.
He wasn't trying to threaten the military, he was trying to enlist their aid.

It is futile to pick and compare quotes out of context. That doesn't mean the whole analysis is subjective. It all goes back to whether the statements were 1) directed to producing imminent lawless action and 2) likely to produce such action. Schumer waxing eloquent with his whirlwind metaphor isn't usually the kind of thing that makes people pour into the streets and rush to attack the nearest judge or politician. We don't even know that Kavanaugh's would-be assassin heard it. Trump's case is different for all kinds of obvious reasons, from the known volatility of the situation at a particular time and place, to the fact that he spoke directly to his followers and they seemed to respond accordingly.
and of course the elephant in the room on the insurrection angle is that Trump was the CIC of the biggest military on the planet. %A0 he certainly did not take any extraordinary effort to employ them to either hinder the EV certification process or support protests to it. %A0he have a verbal direction to members of his cabinet/staff and let them make the decisions on what was needed and when. %A0 They acted on that verbal direction and did not take any extraordinary action when initially rebuffed. %A0Neither did they attempt to exploit the 11th hour when wiser heads at the Capitol realized there was a potential for trouble and started casting about for help.

So many opportunities throughout the process for an aspiring tyrant to exploit opportunities to usurp power. %A0 All passed without incident.
All challenges were within existing systems/processes.

Perhaps if you had any experience with actual insurrection, you'd see things more clearly.
That's pure fantasy. There's no reason to think the military would have cooperated with an attempt to usurp power, and Trump surely knew that.
Pence really thought the SS agent was gonna hurt him? %A0
Yes
Pence wasn't sure
Pence didn't want to give the insurrectionist a victory is what I heard, and he was ensuring he could be there to certify due to the rioters. %A0This had nothing to with Trump threatening him or plotting with the Secret Service.
The insurrectionists might have won if the SS agents spirited Pence away and would not return %A0him to the Capitol.

The point is Pence did not know what Trump was doing but knew he was "disappointed" and thought it was okay if Pence was punished by the rioters.

Disappointed ok, I agree. Ok with rioters harming Pence? %A0No way. %A0

You guys are taking every sardonic comment and saying %A0"see"!!! %A0Trump speaks in hyperbole, exaggeration and sardonic comments. %A0He has done it forever. Yet, you guys run around see he wanted to hang Pence because he said maybe they have the right idea! %A0

He is a dick, granted. I agree. %A0 Insurrection, overthrow election by force? %A0No way. %A0
Trump said he was disappointed in Pence to the rally

So, you tell someone you are disappointed in your kid and that is a signal to your neighbors to hang them???? %A0You guys are really reaching to create something not there.
Same language, different scenarios, vastly different meanings:

1. You say you're disappointed in your kid, and your neighbors try to hang him.
2. Your neighbors want to hang your kid, and all you say is that you're disappointed in him.

Context matters.

And under neither scenario did I say to hang the kid.
Father of the Year.
Ha, Ha...

My kids are grown and graduated from college, I have a successful track record of progeny survival to adulthood...

Right, but we were talking about the hypothetical.
Oldbear83
Harrison Bergeron said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Just search for the last few weeks response to the SCOTUS decisions from the Majority Leader threatening the Court to calls for violence against SCOUS justices might be a good place to start.
I read the news, but I don't recall seeing anything like that. There's no reason to think Schumer's "reap the whirlwind" statement was a call for violence, if that's what you mean.

Possibly. Again, that's why the double standards are exhaustive when discussing subjective questions. There were exponentially more calls of for violence against SCOTUS after the decision leaked whether direct or the infamous "dog whistles" to the point of an assassin tried.

The leaking of the draft opinion was a bigger threat to democracy than anything that happened Jan. 6. (yes, I realize that's subjective too) I just don't think Buffalo Man walking through the Capitol was a threat to the biggest military on the planet.

It is futile to pick and compare quotes out of context. That doesn't mean the whole analysis is subjective. It all goes back to whether the statements were 1) directed to producing imminent lawless action and 2) likely to produce such action. Schumer waxing eloquent with his whirlwind metaphor isn't usually the kind of thing that makes people pour into the streets and rush to attack the nearest judge or politician. We don't even know that Kavanaugh's would-be assassin heard it. Trump's case is different for all kinds of obvious reasons, from the known volatility of the situation at a particular time and place, to the fact that he spoke directly to his followers and they seemed to respond accordingly.
The context was a direct assault on SCOTUS and a warning that it better not rule independently but how Schumer, Biden, Harries, Pelosi, etc., want. Again, you're fine with undermining democracy if it is not Trump.
I'm not fine with it at all. I just don't think it's the same as an actual attempt to topple the Supreme Court, which isn't what the context indicates.
The charge against that man is 'attempted murder', Sam.

And the assassination of even one SCOTUS Justice would be shattering to our nation in ways your little paranoia about Trump does not begin to approach.
It is not even in the same ballpark. The Democrats from the Majority Leader to the Administration made direct threats on SCOTUS - rule our way or pay the consequences. And additional direct threats to pack to SCOTUS, i.e. rule our way our we will add so many justices to fully politicize the Court. That is exponentially more a threat to democracy - if one believes an independent judiciary is critical to our government - that Buffalo Man trespassing in the Capitol for three hours.
I agree.

There was an actual attempt to kill Kavanaugh. This 'Jan 6' crap is just a stale malicious smear.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

and of course the elephant in the room on the insurrection angle is that Trump was the CIC of the biggest military on the planet. he certainly did not take any extraordinary effort to employ them to either hinder the EV certification process or support protests to it. he have a verbal direction to members of his cabinet/staff and let them make the decisions on what was needed and when. They acted on that verbal direction and did not take any extraordinary action when initially rebuffed. Neither did they attempt to exploit the 11th hour when wiser heads at the Capitol realized there was a potential for trouble and started casting about for help.

So many opportunities throughout the process for an aspiring tyrant to exploit opportunities to usurp power. All passed without incident.

Perhaps if you had any experience with actual insurrection, you'd see things more clearly.
That's pure fantasy. There's no reason to think the military would have cooperated with an attempt to usurp power, and Trump surely knew that.
Pence really thought the SS agent was gonna hurt him?
Yes
Pence wasn't sure
Pence didn't want to give the insurrectionist a victory is what I heard, and he was ensuring he could be there to certify due to the rioters. This had nothing to with Trump threatening him or plotting with the Secret Service.
The insurrectionists might have won if the SS agents spirited Pence away and would not return him to the Capitol.

The point is Pence did not know what Trump was doing but knew he was "disappointed" and thought it was okay if Pence was punished by the rioters.

Disappointed ok, I agree. Ok with rioters harming Pence? No way.

You guys are taking every sardonic comment and saying "see"!!! Trump speaks in hyperbole, exaggeration and sardonic comments. He has done it forever. Yet, you guys run around see he wanted to hang Pence because he said maybe they have the right idea!

He is a dick, granted. I agree. Insurrection, overthrow election by force? No way.

So, you tell someone you are disappointed in your kid and that is a signal to your neighbors to hang them???? You guys are really reaching to create something not there.
"I'm disappointed in Pence, he didn't do the right thing"
Trump knows rioters are armed
"Let's walk to the Capitol, I'll go with you"
Trump orders the SS agents to take him to the Capitol
"lets walk to the capitol.." sounds terrifying, at least it wasnt hot outside
If they are armed, as their leader well knows
Walking outside in Texas, more than 75% chance you are standing near a person who is armed. It is legal in Texas, not so in DC

Just because People carry weapons doesnt mean they are going to shoot you. I agree

Maybe they were worried about their personal safety because they had seen the clashes with Antifa. Maybe, but it is illegal in DC
There were plenty of those that broke out in DC during that 2 day period of the 5th and 6th If you say so

plenty of reports about it if you bother to look
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

and of course the elephant in the room on the insurrection angle is that Trump was the CIC of the biggest military on the planet. he certainly did not take any extraordinary effort to employ them to either hinder the EV certification process or support protests to it. he have a verbal direction to members of his cabinet/staff and let them make the decisions on what was needed and when. They acted on that verbal direction and did not take any extraordinary action when initially rebuffed. Neither did they attempt to exploit the 11th hour when wiser heads at the Capitol realized there was a potential for trouble and started casting about for help.

So many opportunities throughout the process for an aspiring tyrant to exploit opportunities to usurp power. All passed without incident.

Here's the barrier that smacks your statement in the forehead: show us a successful insurrection that occurred without at minimum the acquiescence of the military.

Related problems:

-if he knew the military would not have supported him, how could he not have assumed they would oppose him?
-if he knew the military would not have supported him, why did he try to insert them into the equation?

Your thinking on this is sub-sophomoric.

He didn't try to insert the military into the equation. I thought you knew that when you said "he certainly did not take any extraordinary effort to employ them to either hinder the EV certification process or support protests to it." So I don't know what you're talking about there. Trump apparently believed he could retain power through a combination of fraud, bullying, and clever manipulation of procedure by a team of lawyers who turned out to be far from clever. If he had succeeded, there would have been no opposition from the military and no reason for Trump to involve them. Many of the insurrectionists at the Capitol did believe the military would get involved, and they discussed it on social media in the weeks leading up to the event, but that was only speculation on their part.

My thinking has to do with what Trump and his supporters believed and what they were attempting to do. Your thinking is fixated on what would have been a smart plan for insurrection, but that isn't really the point. No one is arguing that they had a smart plan.
My sister was convinced for a good long while that election fraud would be proven and the military would step in to replace Biden. Is she an insurrectionist, too? Is her belief evidence that Trump was an insurrectionist?

What a handful of muddle-headed protesters were thinking is not terribly germane to the core of your case that Trump attempted an insurrection. Either HE did or didn't. The best you got is that he attempted to ramp up pressure in hopes that something would happen to tip things his way. That's an impossible case to prove, not insurrection even if you did, and there is the added burden of negative evidence to refute elements of insurrection.

Don't be like my sister, Sam. Don't live in a make-believe world you need to exist to justify the way you need to feel. No insurrectionist who has at his command the mightiest military in the world overturns Constitutional order without having that military on his side. No insurrectionist with such power would act without KNOWING how they would respond or not.

You are making an ass of yourself here.
You are hardly alone in that, but an ass nonetheless.
On the other hand, polling is clear that you are digging an ever deeper hole on something the American people have already determined is not a serious problem, so we should encourage you to continue But along the way, you are destroying the very institutions you purport to be protecting from one Donald John Trump.

The core of my case has always been that Trump's supporters attempted an insurrection. If the evidence developed by the committee shows that Trump was involved, of course I'm interested in seeing it. Their process is flawed, something for which Republicans are at least partly to blame, but that doesn't mean the evidence can be ignored.
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yes
Pence wasn't sure
Pence didn't want to give the insurrectionist a victory is what I heard, and he was ensuring he could be there to certify due to the rioters. This had nothing to with Trump threatening him or plotting with the Secret Service.
The insurrectionists might have won if the SS agents spirited Pence away and would not return him to the Capitol.

You guys are taking every sardonic comment and saying "see"!!! Trump speaks in hyperbole, exaggeration and sardonic comments. He has done it forever. Yet, you guys run around see he wanted to hang Pence because he said maybe they have the right idea!

He is a dick, granted. I agree. Insurrection, overthrow election by force? No way.

So, you tell someone you are disappointed in your kid and that is a signal to your neighbors to hang them???? You guys are really reaching to create something not there.
"lets walk to the capitol.." sounds terrifying, at least it wasnt hot outside
If they are armed, as their leader well knows
Walking outside in Texas, more than 75% chance you are standing near a person who is armed. It is legal in Texas, not so in DC

Just because People carry weapons doesnt mean they are going to shoot you. I agree

Maybe they were worried about their personal safety because they had seen the clashes with Antifa. Maybe, but it is illegal in DC
There were plenty of those that broke out in DC during that 2 day period of the 5th and 6th If you say so

plenty of repoets about it if you bother to look
I don't deny some idiots went to the Capital area with weapons. They should have been cited and the weapons confiscated.

I fail to see how this goes further to show that within our Government of a sitting Presidential Administration there was a coup to overthrow the Government, the Administration (including Trump) told people to break into Congress to threaten Congress, and that they were part of any plot.

So far alot of contextual speculation, supposition and have sentences to make a jump to either criminal or ban to hold public office. So, far no evidence to show any involvement, maybe some enjoyment with Congresses blight after the Summer of Love, maybe some delay in responding, but ultimately they did everything the Administration was supposed to do.
Sam Lowry
Harrison Bergeron said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

The context was a direct assault on SCOTUS and a warning that it better not rule independently but how Schumer, Biden, Harries, Pelosi, etc., want. Again, you're fine with undermining democracy if it is not Trump.
I'm not fine with it at all. I just don't think it's the same as an actual attempt to topple the Supreme Court, which isn't what the context indicates.

And the assassination of even one SCOTUS Justice would be shattering to our nation in ways your little paranoia about Trump does not begin to approach.
It is not even in the same ballpark. The Democrats from the Majority Leader to the Administration made direct threats on SCOTUS - rule our way or pay the consequences. And additional direct threats to pack to SCOTUS, i.e. rule our way our we will add so many justices to fully politicize the Court. That is exponentially more a threat to democracy - if one believes an independent judiciary is critical to our government - that Buffalo Man trespassing in the Capitol for three hours.
Of course they're in the same ballpark. One attempted to deprive the country of a duly appointed justice, and the other attempted to deprive us of a duly elected president.
Harrison Bergeron
Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Of course they're in the same ballpark. One attempted to deprive the country of a duly appointed justice, and the other attempted to deprive us of a duly elected president.
Actually, one tried to undermine the independence and legitimacy of one of the three branches of government. One trespassed in a silly costume.
Sam Lowry
Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Actually, one tried to undermine the independence and legitimacy of one of the three branches of government. One trespassed in a silly costume.
Trespassing in a silly costume doesn't normally lead to charges of seditious conspiracy or other felonies. But some of you are in denial and always have been.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

I still do not see the attempt to deprive us of a duly elected President. They were pissed at Congress and acted out. I still don't see how anything on January 6th could result in the 2020 Election being put aside and Trump remaining in power. I saw alot of selfies. I saw idiots running around. I saw a lot of people that should be prosecuted. I still do not see any end game to get them where you say they wanted to go, led by Trump.
Sam Lowry
The voters elected Biden. The rioters tried to keep Biden out. They thought the military would support Trump and he would use them if necessary to stay in power.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

The voters elected Biden. The rioters tried to keep Biden out. They thought the military would support Trump and he would use them if necessary to stay in power.
Here you go with the "they thought" and "it seems" and "we know". As I said, only one acceptable outcome - Trump is guilty ban him from public office. Nothing else will satisfy. Even though there is nothing tying him to what you are saying besides he is disappointed in Pence...
Sam Lowry
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Here you go with the "they thought" and "it seems" and "we know". As I said, only one acceptable outcome - Trump is guilty ban him from public office. Nothing else will satisfy. Even though there is nothing tying him to what you are saying besides he is disappointed in Pence...
You asked what their end game was.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

You asked what their end game was.
If that is it. We need them all committed.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

why? The military said they would follow a smooth transition and the constitution..

Seems like a cry for mental help
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

why? The military said they would follow a smooth transition and the constitution..

I am with you.

Where Sam and I differ is that I don't believe Trump had anything to do with it and knew the election was not being overturned. I agree he is opportunistic and enjoyed getting them riled up. I do believe that after the Summer of Love he enjoyed Congress on their heels, even if for an afternoon. But was it his idea or thought he would take over the Govt? No way.
Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Because they were hearing it from the same alt-right influencers who helped convince them the election was stolen. That's what happens when you brainwash people with a constant stream of lies. Inevitably some of them will be crazy enough to take action. Whether Trump planned it that way, I don't know. We'll see where the evidence leads.
Oldbear83
Sam: "That's what happens when you brainwash people with a constant stream of lies."

Moe irony from Sam
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Because they were hearing it from the same alt-right influencers who helped convince them the election was stolen. That's what happens when you brainwash people with a constant stream of lies. Inevitably some of them will be crazy enough to take action. Whether Trump planned it that way, I don't know. We'll see where the evidence leads.
They have evidence? When are they going to break that out?
Oldbear83
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Have patience, it takes time. If the committee released everything they knew tomorrow, it would just barely be half-baked.
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Have patience, it takes time. If the committee released everything they knew tomorrow, it would just barely be half-baked.
When do the polls open? Oh yeah, about 6 weeks after the next Corona variant requires mail in voting. That is when the evidence will come out, so one can forget when they vote.
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

That is in indictments to which a number pleaded guilty
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

More hearings are scheduled. We've already learned a lot. Trump's lawyer to testify soon.
FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

That is in indictments to which a number pleaded guilty
Yes, they plead guilty. They thought Trump would do A, B, and C.

There is nothing that Trump actually did or directed them to do. That is the problem!
Sam Lowry
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

I don't know, I'm not really following the broadcasts. I may watch Cipollone if I have time.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

I don't know, I'm not really following the broadcasts. I may watch Cipollone if I have time.

Cipollone will be interesting. That might be a prime time event on the Li, Show. I would tune in to that.
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yes
Pence wasn't sure

Here you go again.

1st sentence, fact. No problem.
2nd sentence, speculation and implying that something that was not said or instructed
3rd sentence, fact. No problem
4th sentence, fact No problem

This is what he actually said, right from Fact Check -

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard," Trump said in his speech. "Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for [the] integrity of our elections, but whether or not they stand strong for our country, our country. Our country has been under siege for a long time, far longer than this four-year period."

"If they don't fight, we have to primary the hell out of the ones that don't fight," Trump said. "You primary them. We're going to let you know who they are."

He also said he and the crowd would "walk down to the Capitol" to "cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women."

"We're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you'll never take back our country with weakness," he said. "You have to show strength, and you have to be strong."

That is what actually happened. No where in there is ANY reference to violence.

Once again, you are making jumps from him wanting to go to Congress, demonstrate and cheer on the Republicans to do the right thing. To being a knowing and plotting leader of a violent rebellion to not only overturn the election by force but hang Mike Pence????? That is one heck of a jump from the factual statements you have! The only threat is to Primary the hell out of them, not very violent!
We have an eye witness to Trump being told some in the crowd were armed. Nobody in press or under oath disputes this.

I understand your interpretation of these events. It is plausible but unconvincing to me.
I thought the story was that the used mag machines and idendified and confiscated weapons. Trump wanted to know if the could turn the mag machine off for his rally because he didn't fear them hurting him. The answer was "no" we can't turn it off. So, being told they were armed and that the mag machine was on and they were confiscating does not change anything, right? Once again, you are taking what Trump said or asked and making that the crime.

So what was Trumps correct play? We have mag machines that we won't turn off, we are confiscating the weapons we find, but some are armed, what to do? I guess shut it down everyone muse leave the demonstration? How about more Police, where were they if they knew some were armed?
Yes, it changes things in light of later statements.
Because the police identified weapons among the demonstrators his subsequent remarks to the crowd can be misinterpreted by ardent followers who believed what Trump said (stop the steal, disappointed in Pence because he wouldn't do the right thing, let's march on the Capitol, I'll go with you). Trump knows some are armed and encourages them to march on the Capitol. What did he think they were going to do with the weapons?
Weapons weren't confiscated because armed crowd members didn't go through the mags. Why wouldn't they go through the mags?

Correct play is to yield power in a dignified manner as has been done for 240 years. Quit lying to the simple minded that actually believe his BS
GrowlTowel
Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yes
Pence wasn't sure

Here you go again.

2nd sentence, speculation and implying that something that was not said or instructed

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard," Trump said in his speech. "Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for [the] integrity of our elections, but whether or not they stand strong for our country, our country. Our country has been under siege for a long time, far longer than this four-year period."

"If they don't fight, we have to primary the hell out of the ones that don't fight," Trump said. "You primary them. We're going to let you know who they are."

He also said he and the crowd would "walk down to the Capitol" to "cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women."

"We're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you'll never take back our country with weakness," he said. "You have to show strength, and you have to be strong."

Once again, you are making jumps from him wanting to go to Congress, demonstrate and cheer on the Republicans to do the right thing. To being a knowing and plotting leader of a violent rebellion to not only overturn the election by force but hang Mike Pence????? That is one heck of a jump from the factual statements you have! The only threat is to Primary the hell out of them, not very violent!
We have an eye witness to Trump being told some in the crowd were armed. Nobody in press or under oath disputes this.

I understand your interpretation of these events. It is plausible but unconvincing to me.
I thought the story was that the used mag machines and idendified and confiscated weapons. Trump wanted to know if the could turn the mag machine off for his rally because he didn't fear them hurting him. The answer was "no" we can't turn it off. So, being told they were armed and that the mag machine was on and they were confiscating does not change anything, right? Once again, you are taking what Trump said or asked and making that the crime.

So what was Trumps correct play? We have mag machines that we won't turn off, we are confiscating the weapons we find, but some are armed, what to do? I guess shut it down everyone muse leave the demonstration? How about more Police, where were they if they knew some were armed?
Because the police identified weapons among the demonstrators his subsequent remarks to the crowd can be misinterpreted by ardent followers who believed what Trump said (stop the steal, disappointed in Pence because he wouldn't do the right thing, let's march on the Capitol, I'll go with you). Trump knows some are armed and encourages them to march on the Capitol. What did he think they were going to do with the weapons?
Weapons weren't confiscated because armed crowd members didn't go through the mags. Why wouldn't they go through the mags?

Correct play is to yield power in a dignified manner as has been done for 240 years. Quit lying to the simple minded that actually believe his BS
Good point. Better to just pluck the "W"s off all the White House key boards in a dignified manner as opposed to undignified.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Osodecentx
GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yes
Pence wasn't sure

Here you go again.

Good point. Better to just pluck the "W"s off all the White House key boards in a dignified manner as opposed to undignified.
Yeah, I suppose that's like attacking the Capitol to disrupt the Electoral Vote count
Sam Lowry
Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yes
Pence wasn't sure

Here you go again.

Yeah, I suppose that's like attacking the Capitol to disrupt the Electoral Vote count
A mere prank…J6 just goes to show the Dems have no sense of humor.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

you brainwashed people?

LoL

–Horace

FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yes
Pence wasn't sure

Here you go again.

So, let's look at what actually happened, not speculated, not inferred.

Pence - Certified
Trnump - left the White House the morning of the 20th
Biden - Inaugirated on the 20th
Trump - didn't pardon any one

Those are facts.
GrowlTowel
Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yes
Pence wasn't sure

Here you go again.

Which didn't happen. My example actually occurred.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Osodecentx
GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yes
Pence wasn't sure

Here you go again.

The Capitol was attacked. The Electoral Vote count was disrupted
Sam Lowry
GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yes
Pence wasn't sure

Here you go again.

QFP
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yes
Pence wasn't sure

Here you go again.

The Capitol was attacked. The Electoral Vote count was disrupted
The Electoral Vote has been disrupted every time for at least the past two occasions. Democrats were obstructing the vote count in 2016 by using groundless objections. But by all you means, you folks continue to stare deeply at the political Rorschach test that is the J6 Committee.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.