Jan 6 committee

133,220 Views | 3026 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Harrison Bergeron
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

riflebear said:

Apples and oranges.

But nice try.
Actually, it's a pretty spot on comparison.

You can't be unhappy about one, calling for investigations, prosecutions, etc. and then ignore the other.
Actually, it isn't.

First, most of them are referring to protests, not violence.

Second, none of them involved the attempted takeover of the government and the murder of public officials.

So, yeah.

Apples and oranges.

But thanks for playing!
The BLM "protests" were far more violent than January 6th. 20 dead, thousands injured, and hundreds of million in property damage. And of course, the Dems bailed out many of those arrested, hypocrites that they are.

But I can understand why a partisan hack such as yourself can't admit it. Try again, false preacher.
Are you kidding me?

None of the BLM protests tried to overthrow the federal government and murder Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence.

There's no comparison.

Quit trying to gaslight people.
Are you actually suggesting that January 6th, which resulted in the death of one protestor, was more violent than BLM?

As my dad would say, you're either eaten up with the dumbass, or you are blinded by your politics.
Umm. You didn't notice that at least 4 police officers died.

And that many other leaders' lives were in danger.

You might try watching the news occasionally.

Listen to the brave testimony from last night of the female police officer who was knocked out cold, but then got up to continue to try to stop the surge.

You didn't notice these deaths and injuries?

And I'm the blind one?
Dummy, not a single death of a police officer was linked to January 6th. NOT A SINGLE ONE. Try getting your news from somewhere other than Huffingtonpost.

Yes, you are blind as a bat.
Are you nuts? Brian Sicknick died as a direct result of the attacks.

Do you ever get tired of lying?

Even regime media organ NPR admits he died of natural causes.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/19/988876722/capitol-police-officer-brian-sicknick-died-of-natural-causes-medical-examiner-ru

I honestly believe he/she believed that Sicknick was killed as a result of January 6th. It's what happens when your only news source spews democrat propaganda and your sources are not diversified. It's a chilling reminder of the dangerous nature of such propaganda and how it contributes to confirmation bias
Mothra
Mothra said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

riflebear said:

Apples and oranges.

But nice try.
Actually, it's a pretty spot on comparison.

You can't be unhappy about one, calling for investigations, prosecutions, etc. and then ignore the other.
Actually, it isn't.

First, most of them are referring to protests, not violence.

Second, none of them involved the attempted takeover of the government and the murder of public officials.

So, yeah.

Apples and oranges.

But thanks for playing!
The BLM "protests" were far more violent than January 6th. 20 dead, thousands injured, and hundreds of million in property damage. And of course, the Dems bailed out many of those arrested, hypocrites that they are.

But I can understand why a partisan hack such as yourself can't admit it. Try again, false preacher.
Are you kidding me?

None of the BLM protests tried to overthrow the federal government and murder Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence.

There's no comparison.

Quit trying to gaslight people.
Are you actually suggesting that January 6th, which resulted in the death of one protestor, was more violent than BLM?

As my dad would say, you're either eaten up with the dumbass, or you are blinded by your politics.
Umm. You didn't notice that at least 4 police officers died.

And that many other leaders' lives were in danger.

You might try watching the news occasionally.

Listen to the brave testimony from last night of the female police officer who was knocked out cold, but then got up to continue to try to stop the surge.

You didn't notice these deaths and injuries?

And I'm the blind one?
Dummy, not a single death of a police officer was linked to January 6th. NOT A SINGLE ONE. Try getting your news from somewhere other than Huffingtonpost.

Yes, you are blind as a bat.
Are you nuts? Brian Sicknick died as a direct result of the attacks.

Do you ever get tired of lying?

Even regime media organ NPR admits he died of natural causes.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/19/988876722/capitol-police-officer-brian-sicknick-died-of-natural-causes-medical-examiner-ru

I honestly believe he/she believed that Sicknick was killed as a result of January 6th. It's what happens when your only news source spews democrat propaganda and your sources are not diversified. It's a chilling reminder of the dangerous nature of the propaganda and how it contracted to confirmation bias.
Oldbear83
Sam: "It is possible to walk and chew gum at the same time."

In much the same way that Trump can be an annoying egotistical blowhard, yet completely innocent of any of the Democrats' charges .
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Sam Lowry
Sicknick likely would not have died when he did if not for the riot. Some of the other officers' families have said they were never the same afterwards and have blamed the riot for the suicides.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Sicknick likely would not have died when he did if not for the riot. Some of the other officers' families have said they were never the same afterwards and have blamed the riot for the suicides.
Stretching is a good thing to do before physical exercise. It does not, however, improve the quality of your argument in a debate, Sam.
Redbrickbear
Sam Lowry said:

Lets take that at face value.

What kind of people were being hired at the Capitol who would commit suicide after a single public disorder/riot?

After a summer of BLM riots that had to be something to expect as a possibility on the job.

We can all watch the videos (hours of tape)...this was not high intensity combat/war in Vietnam or Afghanistan we are talking about.

It was about 3hrs of on again off again skirmishing with mostly overweight retirement age boomers trying to enter the building.

The New York times in trying to play up the violence even admits that most of the injuries sustain by police that day were tear gas irritation to the eyes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/11/us/politics/capitol-riot-police-officer-injuries.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/police-capitol-injuires-trump/2021/01/11/ca68e3e2-5438-11eb-a08b-f1381ef3d207_story.html

Often times the officers were armed in riot gear and fighting MAGA retirement age boomers with no body armor at all.

Yet they then went home and committed suicide?

I ask again were there no mental heath evaluations being conducted on officers at the capitol prior to being hired on? Killing yourself is not a normal reaction by normal mentally healthy people.

riflebear
Sam Lowry said:

The economy and the insurrection are both issues. It is possible to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Is it?

Sam Lowry
People with no history of mental health problems can suffer brain damage from an assault and become suicidal. Officer Jeff Smith's family believe that's what happened to him, but there's no way to know since no tests were ever done. His death was later found to have occurred in the line of duty.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

People with no history of mental health problems can suffer brain damage from an assault and become suicidal. Officer Jeff Smith's family believe that's what happened to him, but there's no way to know since no tests were ever done. His death was later found to have occurred in the line of duty.
Baghdad Bob's successor, ladies and gentlemen ...
Redbrickbear
Sam Lowry said:

Again, I will take your word for it.

That sounds like better Physical fitness tests are needed for capitol police.

If you are in full riot gear trading punches with some unprotected boomers....and yet you go home and commit suicide from head injuries then that sounds like you should never have been hired in a law enforcement role.

Cops are in full body armor fighting guys in Carhartt jackets and trucker hats.

If anyone should have been going home with head injuries if was the MAGA boomers.

TWD 1974
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Anybody else notice it is the same people preening about the near-loss of American democracy that want to dismantle the senate, pack the courts, undermine your first and second amendment rights. Right now, they're a bigger threat to the constitution than those deluded thugs who rioted on Jan 6th
I haven't seen Cheney doing any of that.
Only thing Cheney will be doing is going home after she gets primaried, being down 22 points in the polls - needs a miracle come back
A poll conducted by her opponent, by the way.
Redbrickbear
TWD 74 said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Anybody else notice it is the same people preening about the near-loss of American democracy that want to dismantle the senate, pack the courts, undermine your first and second amendment rights. Right now, they're a bigger threat to the constitution than those deluded thugs who rioted on Jan 6th
Only thing Cheney will be doing is going home after she gets primaried, being down 22 points in the polls - needs a miracle come back
Lots of dems/liberals crossing over to vote for her...and big corporate GOP money is still backing her.

But there is no doubt she is not very popular among actual Wyoming rank and file Republicans. 70% view her unfavorably.

Obviously she could still win.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10900885/Cheney-28-opponent-Harriet-Hageman-70-Wyoming-Republican-voters-view-Liz-unfavorably.html
chriscbear
Rhino/establishment/country club Republican. Need spice and salt on my food. Need to worry about the working people or people whom eat at Whataburger/shop at Walmart.
Canada2017
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

The ignore function is reasonably effective .
Guy Noir
JXL said:

fubar said:

Osodecentx said:

Just tell us what happened & we can decide what to do.
Don't you think that's what this is supposed to do?

No, this is an attempted distraction from the looming electoral bloodbath in November.

I have no sympathy for the morons who went and wreaked havoc in the Capitol Building, and I'd give them the longest sentences available under the law. But (1) our democracy was never in any real danger, and (2) this is obvious political showboating.
A group of rioters stormed the Capital Building while a critical part of the election and transfer of power was in process, you do not consider that a dangerous precedence?
GrowlTowel
Sam Lowry said:

Based on what evidence? He was 42 and died of a stroke. Healthy 42 year olds do not have strokes, even under stress.

Heart disease kills. Weaponless trespassers do not.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Guy Noir
I watched the hearing and I am surprised because.
1. People still support Trump even though he aligns himself with White Supremacist groups.
2. Trump did incite the protests with his public communications.
3. Some people downplay an attack on Congress.

I have been a Republican all my life but I cannot support any candidate aligned with Trump. I cannot support the Democratic Candidates either.
Booray
4th and Inches said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Sad to come here after that awesome speech by Chaney and read the same old party BS lines.

Hey. It's ok to love Trump's policies. It is not ok to do what the mob did lead on by your hero.

90% of those participating in the riots haven't read the Constitution or have any idea of how valuable our system is to all of us.

lets listen in on Trump urging the mob to storm the capital

At no time was our democracy in jeopardy on January 6, 2021.

Because Mike Pence has a spine. If Trump had picked one of a thousand lackeys available for the job, we would have seen something else.
GrowlTowel
Guy Noir said:

JXL said:

fubar said:

Osodecentx said:

No, this is an attempted distraction from the looming electoral bloodbath in November.

I have no sympathy for the morons who went and wreaked havoc in the Capitol Building, and I'd give them the longest sentences available under the law. But (1) our democracy was never in any real danger, and (2) this is obvious political showboating.
A group of rioters stormed the Capital Building while a critical part of the election and transfer of power was in process, you do not consider that a dangerous precedence?
No. A group of people were let into the Capital after FBI agents told them to go in. Only a trespasser was killed.
GrowlTowel
Guy Noir said:

1. People still support Trump even though he aligns himself with White Supremacist groups.

I have been a Republican all my life but I cannot support any candidate aligned with Trump. I cannot support the Democratic Candidates either.
That fact that you believe any of that tells me that you have no brain and cannot eat more than pudding at meal times.
Redbrickbear
Guy Noir said:

JXL said:

fubar said:

Osodecentx said:

These nuckleheads were never in any position to over throw the government of the USA and stop the transfer of power.

And any dangerous precedent had already been set by 3 months of civic riots carried out by the Left that had been ignored, coddled, and even celebrated.

Let me repeat a thousands time over.........TAKING OVER A BUILDING FOR 3 HOURS DOES NOT OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT OR PREVENT AN ELECTION.

Only Congress (at whatever location they decided to convene at or at what time) can decide to legally certify an election.

In this case they waited for the building to be cleared then did it later than night.

[Federal law requires the states to deliver certified electoral college results to the vice president, serving as president of the Senate, and other parties by December 23. Then a joint meeting of Congress is required by the 12th Amendment to count the electoral votes and declare the winners of the presidential election]

The Capitol building itself is not even mentioned in Federal Law.

Congress could meet at the IHOP in Alexandria Virginia if it wanted.

FLBear5630
Guy Noir said:

JXL said:

fubar said:

Osodecentx said:

You miss the point. There is nothing to charge anyone being raked over the coals in this Commission. 15 months of investigating, 600+ arrests and many prosecutions. The idiots that did have been arrested. This is political non-sense. There is nothing to charge Trump with.

He didn't say to stop it fast enough? Opinion
He didn't deploy the Army or Guard quick enough? Opinion
He disagreed with the VP role? Ok, he disagreed.
What did the VP actually do? he certified the electors.
He was not happy with the election? So?
What did he do on Inauguration Day? he left.

He didn't do anything illegal. Nor, did anyone else in Government. They have been investigating under Garland, you know the guy whose SC seat was supposedly stolen by the GOP? He can't find anything chargeable.

Don't vote for him. Hate him. Think he and his Admin are jerks. Your prerogative. But, this is a waste of money and time for political theater. If there was anything of substance it would not be handled by a made for TV, Prime time event.
Guy Noir
GrowlTowel said:

Guy Noir said:

JXL said:

fubar said:

Osodecentx said:

No. A group of people were let into the Capital after FBI agents told them to go in. Only a trespasser was killed.
Did you watch the video of people breaking into the building?
Guy Noir
RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

JXL said:

fubar said:

Osodecentx said:

You miss the point. There is nothing to charge anyone being raked over the coals in this Commission. 15 months of investigating, 600+ arrests and many prosecutions. The idiots that did have been arrested. This is political non-sense. There is nothing to charge Trump with.

He didn't do anything illegal. Nor, did anyone else in Government. They have been investigating under Garland, you know the guy whose SC seat was supposedly stolen by the GOP? He can't find anything chargeable.

Don't vote for him. Hate him. Think he and his Admin are jerks. Your prerogative. But, this is a waste of money and time for political theater. If there was anything of substance it would not be handled by a made for TV, Prime time event.
Did you watch the case presented by Congresswoman Liz Cheney in the hearing?
Guy Noir
GrowlTowel said:

Guy Noir said:

That fact that you believe any of that tells me that you have no brain and cannot eat more than pudding at meal times.
You are pretty good at insults, but you need to work on being objective. I do like pudding.
Oldbear83
Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

The ignore function is reasonably effective .
I don't use it. Sometimes even the boors have something worthwhile to say, and when they don't sometimes they go Amber Heard and are accidentally funny to read.
J.B.Katz
RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

JXL said:

fubar said:

Osodecentx said:

Trump attempted a coup.

He set in motion a plan to overturn a valid election. I take this very seriously because Trump tried to invalidate my vote and those of more than 7 million other Americans, many of whom came to the polls specifically to express their strong desire that Trump not serve a second term. That's illegal.

He wouldn't concede.

He wouldn't help with the transition; in fact, he obstructed it.

He pouted on the golf couse while people were dying of a pandemic, leaving his successor to scramble to get vaccines out. America lost time and lives because of Trump's tantrum and his selfishness.

A federal judge has ruled Trump likely committed a felony.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/03/28/trump-judge-felony-obstruction-insurrection-00020918

He and his henchmen have done what Trump has always done with his business dealings--make it so hard to deal with him in the courts that people give up and take their losses.

The officials on the Jan. 6 committee don't think America as a democracy can sustain that, and I agree with them.

Let's reverse your post.

Biden won the election. That's a fact.

Trump did everything in his personal power to prevent a peaceful transfer of power, and in the end, it wasn't peaceful and it didn't happen when it was supposed to. He came within a hair of succeeding.

Mike Pence was one of the only reasons Trump's plot didn't succeed, and Trump tried to sic the crazies on Pence. Maybe you think that noose and the chants of "Hang Mike Pence" were funny, but I'm sure Pence didn't.

Plenty of people in the government did plenty that was illegal. One problem is that the guy in charge of our legal system was himself corrupt: https://www.pogo.org/analysis/2020/09/injustice-tracking-bill-barrs-misconduct-as-attorney-general

But even Bill Barr wouldn't lie about the election results and support a coup attempt.

What Trump did was a hell of a lot more serious than Benghazi.

It deserves a full airing.

Nothing like it should ever happen again.

At the very least, Trump should never be allowed to run for office again.

Justice would be Trump and his enablers serving time for seditious conspiracy. That may happen to some of little people--another Trump crime-boss behavior pattern, where guys like Michael Cohen do the dirty work and pay the price becuase Trump has shredded or flushed evidence of his complicity.

One thing they should already have arrested Trump for is stealing and desctruction of government property. Since Trump tried to cover up his dirty dealings by stealing a bunch of documents so he could curate them to eliminate as much evidence of his chicanery as possible.
J.B.Katz
Guy Noir said:

RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

JXL said:

fubar said:

Osodecentx said:

Did you watch the case presented by Congresswoman Liz Cheney in the hearing?
Cheney is trying to save American democracy at the cost of her career and her standing in the Trump Republican party.

She deserves respect for doing the right thing. And she clearly believes Trump engaged in a criminal conspiracy and should never be allowed on a ballot again.
4th and Inches
TWD 74 said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

The poll also asked respondents whom they would vote for in the August 16 primary. "A huge 71% majority say they will vote against her, including 66% who will definitely vote against Cheney no matter who she runs against,"

No walking that back.. doesnt matter who polled the people, her state doesnt like her.. she is done
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Oldbear83
The Left are really selling that dead horse hard.
J.B.Katz
4th and Inches said:

TWD 74 said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

The poll also asked respondents whom they would vote for in the August 16 primary. "A huge 71% majority say they will vote against her, including 66% who will definitely vote against Cheney no matter who she runs against,"

No walking that back.. doesnt matter who polled the people, her state doesnt like her.. she is done
Cheney knows the cost she will pay, and she believes what she is doing is worth that cost.

I wish more Republicans prioritized their oath to protect and defend the constitution over protecting and defending Donald Trump. Because too many of them are selling us out, and voters who reward them for that behavior are part of the problem.

You really may not care whether Trump won the election.

You may even believe it would have been somehow just for him to overturn a valid election in order to stay in power.

Or you may believe the canard about the election being stolen. It wasn't. That's one of the most heinous parts of what Trump did. He created a lot of doubt and confusion so that die-hard supporters like the folks on this forum could claim he won and seethe about how they've been cheated and mistreated.

A majority of Americans know Biden won the election.

7 million more people voted for Biden than Trump.

Two-third to three-fourths of Americans support Biden policies that Republicans are pushing or squelching:

- Most people want abortion to remain legal nationwide with some limits.
- 2/3 of Americans think we should be doing more to address climage change.
- Most voters want Congress to pass stricter gun laws. A significant majority supports restrictions of sales of assault weapons like the Buffalo and Uvalde murderers used.
-63% of Americans now support a government option for health insurance

There's also the fact that blue states pay more in federal taxes and are basically subsidizing red states who are opposing policies a majority of Americans support. How long do you think that's sustainable if Republicans keep ramming unpopular policies down everyone's throats and trying to obstruct voters?
Doc Holliday
J.B.Katz said:

4th and Inches said:

TWD 74 said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Cheney knows the cost she will pay, and she believes what she is doing is worth that cost.

I wish more Republicans prioritized their oath to protect and defend the constitution over protecting and defending Donald Trump. Because too many of them are selling us out, and voters who reward them for that behavior are part of the problem.

You may even believe it would have been somehow just for him to overturn a valid election in order to stay in power.

Or you may believe the canard about the election being stolen. It wasn't. That's one of the most heinous parts of what Trump did. He created a lot of doubt and confusion so that die-hard supporters like the folks on this forum could claim he won and seethe about how they've been cheated and mistreated.

Two-third to three-fourths of Americans support Biden policies that Republicans are pushing or squelching:

- Most voters want Congress to pass stricter gun laws. A significant majority supports restrictions of sales of assault weapons like the Buffalo and Uvalde murderers used.

There's also the fact that blue states pay more in federal taxes and are basically subsidizing red states who are opposing policies a majority of Americans support. How long do you think that's sustainable if Republicans keep ramming unpopular policies down everyone's throats and trying to obstruct voters?
You're full of lies because you don't read into things enough.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/502321-no-blue-states-do-not-bailout-red-states/

The federal government is $32T in debt. There's nothing to brag about.
J.B.Katz
Doc Holliday said:

J.B.Katz said:

4th and Inches said:

TWD 74 said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

You're full of lies because you don't read into things enough.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/502321-no-blue-states-do-not-bailout-red-states/

The federal government is $32T in debt. There's nothing to brag about.
I'll take your "opinion" piece in The Hill, a rag that will publish anything, and offer you some alternative sources:

It's been happening a long time: Paul Caron's article from 2004: https://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2004/09/red_states_feed.html

It's still happening in 2022:

https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/ - here were the key findings:

• Eight of the 10 states most dependent on the federal government were Republican-voting, with the average red state receiving $1.35 per dollar spent.
  • Nine states sent more to the federal government than they received seven of these were Democrat-voting and had higher per capita GDPs than many of the red states that received the most.
  • New Mexico had the highest return on federal spending of any state ($4.33), and Delaware had the lowest ($0.63).
  • The eight states receiving the highest child tax credit per capita were all Republican-voting.

The above article has a chart so you can see how your state rates.
J.B.Katz
Thanks to Ginni Thomas, the integrity of our Supreme Court has been compromised by Trump's attempt to overturn the election results and Ginni Thomas's complicity in that. If Clarence had any grace, he would resign because of the appearance of conflict of interest.

Were the tables turned. Fox and this board would be screaming bloody murder for the head of the "liberal" justice whose spouse engaged in this chicanery on a platter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2022/06/10/ginni-thomas-election-arizona-lawmakers/?utm_campaign=wp_evening_edition&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_evening&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3710f4d%2F62a3b107956121755aafa116%2F596995e39bbc0f6d71c4d13f%2F9%2F57%2F62a3b107956121755aafa116
Fre3dombear
J.B.Katz said:

4th and Inches said:

TWD 74 said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Lmao

This here what we call a UE

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.