Jan 6 committee

133,239 Views | 3026 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Harrison Bergeron
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Guy Noir said:

I do not look at the issue as being "Supporting Trump" or "Supporting Biden". I think this country can come up with a better candidate than either one.

Trump did not just say mean things. He was inaccurate and disrespectful in many things he said. One example is that he did not communicate the covid situation very well. He name-called the Chinese about the virus (which provided no benefit) and he promoted some medicines that have proven to be ineffective in treating the covid virus. Trump also reported inaccurate crowd counts for his inauguration. His constant reporting of information was inaccurate. The USA needs a leader that is clear, concise, and accurate in their communications

Biden is worse. Biden has promoted overspending. He denied that inflation was a problem (that it was transitory), and then he has deflected the cause of inflation, saying it is caused by the Russian war and the greedy oil companies. Biden has not acknowledged that the executive orders from his first days as President, have truly contributed to the oil shortage. He has basically ignored the border problem. The FDA, under Biden, has been slow to fix the baby formula shortage. It is all tax and talk with this President and when he talks he has made a number of blunders.

It is a great time for the Republicans to appeal to the moderate Republicans and to field a good candidate for 2024. Many moderates are disenchanted with the Democratic leadership. It is those votes that will provide success in 2024. A small percentage of ultra conservatives cannot win alone.

While short sighted moderate republicans are one of the reasons we got an incompetent boob elected, I am not sure an appeal to moderates is the answer. That's been tried and failed not only here, but throughout the world and it typically doesn't work. Canada just tried it. We tried it with Romney and McCain. It's firing up the base that generally gets people elected.

In this case I think Biden himself does the best job of getting a conservative elected. A strong touch candidate without trumps baggage makes sense.
What percent of the November election turnout is the base? (30%, 60%)
I think voter enthusiasm is important, but it takes a lot more than just the base, which I put a 30% or less

So you think a more moderate candidate would fire up the base to turn out the vote and sway moderates? What is the last moderate that got elected? And on what issues do you feel moderation is necessary?

The Romney's, McCain's and Kasich's of the world may sway some independents and milquetoast "conservatives" such as yourself, but it generally keeps the base from turning out the vote. This has been true of every election for decades. Moderates who deviate from the base on issues generally don't get elected. This has been true for decades.

I think there are areas that conservatives can find common ground with most Americans, especially when it comes to the economy and crime. And it's been true for generations that economic issues are most likely to turn out the vote.
What percent of the vote is the Republican base? Aren't moderate Republicans part of the base or is it only voters who refuse to vote for the Republican if it is a moderate?

Look at Rawhide's post about three of four posts below, 9:04 AM today. He says he didn't vote for McCain or Romney and wouldn't have voted for Kasich. You seem to blame "miliquetoast conservatives for the election of Biden. What about "miliquetoast conservatives" like Raw who, by your reasoning, gave us Obama twice and Clinton twice?
Oldbear83
Look at the polls, Oso. Right now they tell us Trump would win 60% of the GOP vote.

So plain and simple, if Trump runs and we don't see someone on the level of DeSantis running, Trump will be the nominee.

The Democrats are stuck, in that they have rigged their system to allow only certain candidates. In 2016 and 2020 both, there was no real competition to see who voters wanted for the Democrats' nominee. The DNC chose Clinton in 2016, and the DNC chose Biden in 2024. There is no evidence the DNC plans to trust the public in 2024.

So the election will be a rematch between Biden and Trump, but not under 2020 conditions. For one thing, a number of states have tightened election laws to prevent the kind things Sam and you deny happened, but most adults know did happen. Second, the amazing series of bad, verging on worst-possible decisions by Biden make him all but impossible to defend to the voters.

Some have argued that Biden will step down or be removed before the election, but that would cause a lot of problems for reasons that need their own thread to run down. Don't forget that Biden was chosen by the Democrats because he would go along with whatever they decided, which is why Biden reversed position from things he believed before. If they get rid of Biden, the Democrats will need a new puppet, one who is compliant yet attractive to the voters.

Know anyone who can fill that for the Democrats?

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Guy Noir said:

I do not look at the issue as being "Supporting Trump" or "Supporting Biden". I think this country can come up with a better candidate than either one.

Trump did not just say mean things. He was inaccurate and disrespectful in many things he said. One example is that he did not communicate the covid situation very well. He name-called the Chinese about the virus (which provided no benefit) and he promoted some medicines that have proven to be ineffective in treating the covid virus. Trump also reported inaccurate crowd counts for his inauguration. His constant reporting of information was inaccurate. The USA needs a leader that is clear, concise, and accurate in their communications

Biden is worse. Biden has promoted overspending. He denied that inflation was a problem (that it was transitory), and then he has deflected the cause of inflation, saying it is caused by the Russian war and the greedy oil companies. Biden has not acknowledged that the executive orders from his first days as President, have truly contributed to the oil shortage. He has basically ignored the border problem. The FDA, under Biden, has been slow to fix the baby formula shortage. It is all tax and talk with this President and when he talks he has made a number of blunders.

It is a great time for the Republicans to appeal to the moderate Republicans and to field a good candidate for 2024. Many moderates are disenchanted with the Democratic leadership. It is those votes that will provide success in 2024. A small percentage of ultra conservatives cannot win alone.

While short sighted moderate republicans are one of the reasons we got an incompetent boob elected, I am not sure an appeal to moderates is the answer. That's been tried and failed not only here, but throughout the world and it typically doesn't work. Canada just tried it. We tried it with Romney and McCain. It's firing up the base that generally gets people elected.

In this case I think Biden himself does the best job of getting a conservative elected. A strong touch candidate without trumps baggage makes sense.
I think voter enthusiasm is important, but it takes a lot more than just the base, which I put a 30% or less

So you think a more moderate candidate would fire up the base to turn out the vote and sway moderates? What is the last moderate that got elected? And on what issues do you feel moderation is necessary?

The Romney's, McCain's and Kasich's of the world may sway some independents and milquetoast "conservatives" such as yourself, but it generally keeps the base from turning out the vote. This has been true of every election for decades. Moderates who deviate from the base on issues generally don't get elected. This has been true for decades.

I think there are areas that conservatives can find common ground with most Americans, especially when it comes to the economy and crime. And it's been true for generations that economic issues are most likely to turn out the vote.
What percent of the vote is the Republican base? Aren't moderate Republicans part of the base or is it only voters who refuse to vote for the Republican if it is a moderate?

Look at Rawhide's post about three of four posts below, 9:04 AM today. He says he didn't vote for McCain or Romney and wouldn't have voted for Kasich. You seem to blame "miliquetoast conservatives for the election of Biden. What about "miliquetoast conservatives" like Raw who, by your reasoning, gave us Obama twice and Clinton twice?

I don't agree with Rawhide's approach. I'm a pragmatist and so I don't agree with his approach or your approach. If it was between Kasich and Biden, I'd absolutely vote Kasich.

But the statistics have shown that if the Republican candidate fails to excite the base, they don't turn out to vote. And generally moderate candidates simply don't excite the base. And when the base doesn't turn out to vote republicans lose. History has proven this.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Guy Noir said:

I don't agree with Rawhide's approach. I'm a pragmatist and so I don't agree with his approach or your approach. If it was between Kasich and Biden, I'd absolutely vote Kasich.

But the statistics have shown that if the Republican candidate fails to excite the base, they don't turn out to vote. And generally moderate candidates simply don't excite the base. And when the base doesn't turn out to vote republicans lose. History has proven this.
I think some here would say that Trump excited the Republican base in 2020. He lost moderates and independents and lost by millions of votes, but he excited the base.

Why do you think only conservative Republicans are the base? Why aren't moderates the Republican base?

If Trump wins the fringe and loses moderates and independents, he loses.

What percent of the vote is the Republican base? Is it conservative or moderate?
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Guy Noir said:

I think some here would say that Trump excited the Republican base in 2020. He lost moderates and independents and lost by millions of votes, but he excited the base.

Why do you think only conservative Republicans are the base? Why aren't moderates the Republican base?

What percent of the vote is the Republican base? Is it conservative or moderate?
Obama and Biden have driven most "moderates" to become "conservative" Republicans.
J.R.
Fre3dombear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

It is a great time for the Republicans to appeal to the moderate Republications and to field a good candidate for 2024. Many moderates are disenchanted with the Democratic leadership. It is those votes that will provide success in 2024. A small percentage of ultra conservatives cannot win alone.
right now the GOP has every segment but the blacks and white college women.
How very ironic - one group consists of blacks who are mad that blacks are being killed by whites, and the other consists of whites who are mad they can't kill blacks(babies).

Most every black I know loves Trump. They achieved more under him in 4 years than any Mulecrat ever handed them for their generations of wasted votes.
glad you know a"bunch of Blacks". Jeez, really?
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Guy Noir said:

lol, he lost by like 45k votes in the swings. Biden won by less than Trump did in 2016. Please stop spreading misinformation. Popular vote means nothing in our presidential election, it doesnt matter how many times yall spout that stupid number, the truth is he won by less than 50k votes where it counts AKA the states that all stopped counting in the middle of the night- weird right? Big jumps in just the right place to win by an even smaller margin that what Trump won by in 2016 and that is after days of counting.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Guy Noir said:

In political terms, the base is the block of voters who are very unlikely to vote for the candidate of an opposing party, regardless of the specific views each candidate holds. In short they're not turncoats who will cast a vote for Biden if they don't like the Republican party's candidate, such as a number of Never Trumpers. In most elections it's important for the candidate to excite the base. If they sit it out - like they did during the McCain and Romney elections, then the republicans have little chance of winning.

Now that does not mean the Republican candidate doesn't need to attract at least some independents and moderates. Indeed he or she does, as Trump did in 2016. But exciting the base is typically more important because they're the ones who turn out the vote. If they decide to sit it out, the republican candidate is in trouble.

When they start appealing to wishy washy Luke warms such as yourself who really aren't all that conservative or concerned with conservative polices, republicans lose. That's a proven losing strategy time and time again.
TWD 1974
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Guy Noir said:

lol, he lost by like 45k votes in the swings. Biden won by less than Trump did in 2016. Please stop spreading misinformation. Popular vote means nothing in our presidential election, it doesnt matter how many times yall spout that stupid number, the truth is he won by less than 50k votes where it counts AKA the states that all stopped counting in the middle of the night- weird right? Big jumps in just the right place to win by an even smaller margin that what Trump won by in 2016 and that is after days of counting.
Not sure what you are quoting. States that swung the 2016 election were Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Trump won the three states by a combined 105,000. 2020 Biden carried Michigan by 155k, Pennsylvania by 71k, and Wisconsin by 30k.
Arizona and Georgia were closer races, 11k and 12k, but were not decisive in the election as Biden had the electoral majority with the Midwestern States.
KOKQB70
And you believe that?
Osodecentx
KOKQB70 said:

And you believe that?

You don't? Link?
GrowlTowel
bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

YouGov/Yahoo Poll: Most important issue to vote for Congress

Inflation: 37%
Crime: 10%
Healthcare: 10%
Immigration: 9%
Climate Change: 8%
Abortion: 8%
Schools: 5%
Covid: 4%
Foreign Policy: 2%

I missed election/ Jan 6 on the list..

This is not rocket science. It always comes down to your pocketbook.
i wish it did.. that shoulda been a Trump vote landslide in 2020 but instead we got feelings vote dipsh..s and here we are
Yes, no burden at all falls on the jackass who made the election a referendum on his own corrosive toxicity and made Joe Biden look attractive by comparison.
nope- you voted feelings and bought the media bullsh.. Own it,

Trump policies were better than Bidens , the middle class and the poverty level shrank upward during his presidency.

All you had to do was stop watching stupid repeaters on mass media..

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery None but ourselves can free our minds" Bob Marley
I voted against four more years of intentional, weaponized divisiveness and mainstreaming radical far-right ideologies and bat **** conspiracy theories.

I never had any illusions that Joe Biden would be a good president. And I knew I was likely voting against my own financial best interest. It wasn't an emotional decision at all. It was a calculation. I weighed all factors and found another term for Trump to be greater threat to the long-term health of our nation than four years of Biden's bumble-****ery.
Bull*****
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
bear2be2
GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

i wish it did.. that shoulda been a Trump vote landslide in 2020 but instead we got feelings vote dipsh..s and here we are
Yes, no burden at all falls on the jackass who made the election a referendum on his own corrosive toxicity and made Joe Biden look attractive by comparison.

Trump policies were better than Bidens , the middle class and the poverty level shrank upward during his presidency.

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery None but ourselves can free our minds" Bob Marley
I voted against four more years of intentional, weaponized divisiveness and mainstreaming radical far-right ideologies and bat **** conspiracy theories.

I never had any illusions that Joe Biden would be a good president. And I knew I was likely voting against my own financial best interest. It wasn't an emotional decision at all. It was a calculation. I weighed all factors and found another term for Trump to be greater threat to the long-term health of our nation than four years of Biden's bumble-****ery.
Bull*****
Thanks for summing up the entire content of your post in one word this time. Saves us all the trouble of having to read the vile **** you normally spew.
J.B.Katz
J.R. said:

Fre3dombear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

It is a great time for the Republicans to appeal to the moderate Republications and to field a good candidate for 2024. Many moderates are disenchanted with the Democratic leadership. It is those votes that will provide success in 2024. A small percentage of ultra conservatives cannot win alone.
How very ironic - one group consists of blacks who are mad that blacks are being killed by whites, and the other consists of whites who are mad they can't kill blacks(babies).

Most every black I know loves Trump. They achieved more under him in 4 years than any Mulecrat ever handed them for their generations of wasted votes.
Apparently Hershel Walker and Tim Scott aren't among the "blacks" he knows. Not to mention Clarence Thomas, whose wife supported Trump's coup attempt.
J.B.Katz
bear2be2 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

Bull*****
Thanks for summing up the entire content of your post in one word this time. Saves us all the trouble of having to read the vile **** you normally spew.
https://giphy.com/gifs/chordoverstreet-chord-overstreet-26FLgGTPUDH6UGAbm
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

Bull*****
Would you vote for Biden over Desantis?
bear2be2
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

Bull*****
I wouldn't vote for either. I'd probably write in my favorite primary candidate.
GrowlTowel
bear2be2 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

Bull*****
No, it sums up your **** for brains. I crap bigger than you.
GrowlTowel
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

Bull*****
I wouldn't vote for either. I'd probably write in my favorite primary candidate.
BS, you'd be masturbating in the mirror. No one has ****ed you better than yourself.
4th and Inches
J.B.Katz said:

J.R. said:

Fre3dombear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

Apparently Hershel Walker and Tim Scott aren't among the "blacks" he knows. Not to mention Clarence Thomas, whose wife supported Trump's coup attempt.
The source who spoke with CNN would not provide details on the emails' contents..

How do you know but CNN doesnt?
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Osodecentx
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

Bull*****
Hell no
bear2be2
GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

Bull*****
No, it sums up your **** for brains. I crap bigger than you.
And sadly, those represent your greatest contributions to society.
Oldbear83
This exchange between bear2be2 and GrowlTowel reminds me of a story;

2 Marines are taking a commercial flight to North Carolina. One takes the window seat and the other the middle seat.

An Army guy comes along and takes the aisle seat. He stretches his legs and takes off his boots.

The Army says "I'm going to go get a coke, would you like one?" and the Marine in the middle seat says 'sure, thanks'.

When the Army guy goes off to get the cokes, the Marine spits in the Army guy's boot.

When the Army guy gets back, the other Marine says 'Now I think about it, I want a coke too' and when the Army guy goes to get the coke he also spits in the Army guy's boot.

When the Army guy gets back, the Marines are enjoying the cokes while they wait to see the Army guy react.

When he gets his boots back on, the Army guy sighs, shakes his head sadly, and says 'Guys, why can't we get past the pettiness? I mean, do we really have to spit in boots, pee in cokes, and so on?'

JXL
Trump might be the only candidate the Republicans could nominate who would lose to Biden.
4th and Inches
JXL said:

Trump might be the only candidate the Republicans could nominate who would lose to Biden.
nobody would lose to Biden, not even Trump.. Biden is that toxic right now. He is being padded by over sampled polling and is still under 40% approval in pretty much every poll. He is underwater with the indies and he cant win without them..

–Horace

Harrison Bergeron
I'm just checking in ... have Dems released THE KRAKEN yet or are they still parroting tour conspiracies?!?
Porteroso
Wangchung said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

Boy were you wrong. This presidency has been a disaster in every way imaginable, and not just financially.
We'll agree to disagree. Not on the fact that Biden's presidency has been a disaster (a relatively predictable outcome), but that his term will do more lasting damage than a second Trump term would have.

If these four years result in different, more palatable candidates (the Democrats are already quite correctly pushing for that on their end) and we can hit the reset button after a series of disastrous election cycles, it will be a good thing in the long run. And not having Trump light daily fires -- and tear at what little fabric remains of this country's institutions and shared identity -- in the meantime is an added bonus
The problem is you'll be saying the exact same things about the next Republican candidate because it's what the majority of the media will tell you to think. Trump was labeled all the same things GWB was labeled. "Ooh, he's a fascist, racist, stupid ass! Our rights will be taken away!"
Then you'll be asked specifically what rights are threatened or what policies are so bad and you'll answer with, " you know, the ones he tried to push on America!" or some other non-answer that you think makes up for not having anything of substance.
Some people are like a well stocked library, when it comes to conversation. Speaking with them is like walking through that library and picking up a book. Other people are like empty rooms with media headlines crudely pasted to the wall. Zero substance.

There is substance in your point, Trump's bark was way worse than his bite. He did not institute wildly racist policies, even if he seemed like he wanted to.

His true sin was intentionally dividing America, and convincing tens of millions our elections don't work.. You can't be President and undermine democracy in America.

We will survive Joe's senility, but 4 more years of Trump's divide could have seriously damaged America. As it is, there are still deranged posters on this very site claiming the election was a scam. Only their few number makes it a non issue. I'm sure Trump would have tried for a 3rd term. Or had his daughter go for it. Disaster.
Mothra
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

Boy were you wrong. This presidency has been a disaster in every way imaginable, and not just financially.
We'll agree to disagree. Not on the fact that Biden's presidency has been a disaster (a relatively predictable outcome), but that his term will do more lasting damage than a second Trump term would have.

If these four years result in different, more palatable candidates (the Democrats are already quite correctly pushing for that on their end) and we can hit the reset button after a series of disastrous election cycles, it will be a good thing in the long run. And not having Trump light daily fires -- and tear at what little fabric remains of this country's institutions and shared identity -- in the meantime is an added bonus
The problem is you'll be saying the exact same things about the next Republican candidate because it's what the majority of the media will tell you to think. Trump was labeled all the same things GWB was labeled. "Ooh, he's a fascist, racist, stupid ass! Our rights will be taken away!"
Then you'll be asked specifically what rights are threatened or what policies are so bad and you'll answer with, " you know, the ones he tried to push on America!" or some other non-answer that you think makes up for not having anything of substance.
Some people are like a well stocked library, when it comes to conversation. Speaking with them is like walking through that library and picking up a book. Other people are like empty rooms with media headlines crudely pasted to the wall. Zero substance.

We will survive Joe's senility, but 4 more years of Trump's divide could have seriously damaged America.

Survive? Perhaps. Come out severely damaged and with society and our lives much worse off than before he was president? Probably. Lasting damage is being done right now.
FLBear5630
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

There is substance in your point, Trump's bark was way worse than his bite. He did not institute wildly racist policies, even if he seemed like he wanted to.

His true sin was intentionally dividing America, and convincing tens of millions our elections don't work.. You can't be President and undermine democracy in America.

We will survive Joe's senility, but 4 more years of Trump's divide could have seriously damaged America. As it is, there are still deranged posters on this very site claiming the election was a scam. Only their few number makes it a non issue. I'm sure Trump would have tried for a 3rd term. Or had his daughter go for it. Disaster.

It was Trump that divided? Remember "Resist"??? He was not even in office. Abrams and her non-concession? The Squad? How about Trump inviting g Shumer and Pelosi to the White House and them walking out givinh no concessions? I won't even go into the media only quoting part of his speeches.

Trump as big an ******* as he is, was a dealmaker that used to be a Democrat. He wanted to make deals, Dems created this version of Trump.
Wangchung
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

The left's caricature of Trump simply does not exist in reality. Trump didn't cower in fear of the woke mob and that enrages the Left. The worst part about Trump was the DNC/media reaction to him.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

So how did he divide Americans? Was it when he called out the media for pushing fake news? Was it when black and hispanic unemployment was at record lows? Was it when he made MLK birthplace a national park? Was it when released Alice Johnson from prison and then granted her a pardon? Was it when he forgave all the loans for HBCUs and then got them permanent funding?

Oh wait, I know, he was being divisive with the peace deals he negotiated between Israel and the UAE, Bahrain, Morocco and Sudan. Previously, there were only 2 treaties between the Israel and other Arab nations (Egypt and Jordan). Trump tripled that number to 6. Yeah, pretty divisive.

He was so divisive he increased his support amont blacks and hispanics too. Probably pretty divisive when trying to negotiate funding for a border wall, he not only said he wouldn't deport the dreamers, but also offered them a path to citizenship (which the democraps weren't asking for).

Yeah, I can see how you would believe Trump was the most divisive ahole in the history of the world ever, period. Is he a brash ahole? Sure. Divisive? Nah, not so much. Trump supporters being lied about from the media (Nick Sandman, Kyle Rittenhouse) to Trump supporters being assaulted for wearing a MAGA gear to restaurants not serving people in MAGA hats.

Me? eh, I believe the media and the democrats are the most divisive group of people on this planet, in the history of the world ever. Especially when they out right lie and make up stories.

Face it scooter, the country is divided. It's always been divided. Long before Trump was ever president and long after he's gone, divided it will be.

But enough about Trump, how's your boy biden doing these days?
4th and Inches
RMF5630 said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

It was Trump that divided? Remember "Resist"??? He was not even in office. Abrams and her non-concession? The Squad? How about Trump inviting g Shumer and Pelosi to the White House and them walking out givinh no concessions? I won't even go into the media only quoting part of his speeches.

Trump as big an ******* as he is, was a dealmaker that used to be a Democrat. He wanted to make deals, Dems created this version of Trump.
Trump was somewhere between Reagan and Bill Clinton, both of which are far too conservative for the current Democrat platform. Trump is all about deals and negotiations

–Horace

FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

RMF5630 said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

Trump was somewhere between Reagan and Bill Clinton, both of which are far too conservative for the current Democrat platform. Trump is all about deals and negotiations

I agree. If there was ever a President that would have cut a deal to give a win win it was Trump. At least before he was attacked so harshly by the media and left. Nothing he said or did was right, even if it accomplished what the Dems at one time wanted. They created this ridiculous version of Trump. All of them need to go awsy.
Harrison Bergeron
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

bear2be2 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

So how did he divide Americans? Was it when he called out the media for pushing fake news? Was it when black and hispanic unemployment was at record lows? Was it when he made MLK birthplace a national park? Was it when released Alice Johnson from prison and then granted her a pardon? Was it when he forgave all the loans for HBCUs and then got them permanent funding?

Oh wait, I know, he was being divisive with the peace deals he negotiated between Israel and the UAE, Bahrain, Morocco and Sudan. Previously, there were only 2 treaties between the Israel and other Arab nations (Egypt and Jordan). Trump tripled that number to 6. Yeah, pretty divisive.

He was so divisive he increased his support amont blacks and hispanics too. Probably pretty divisive when trying to negotiate funding for a border wall, he not only said he wouldn't deport the dreamers, but also offered them a path to citizenship (which the democraps weren't asking for).

Yeah, I can see how you would believe Trump was the most divisive ahole in the history of the world ever, period. Is he a brash ahole? Sure. Divisive? Nah, not so much. Trump supporters being lied about from the media (Nick Sandman, Kyle Rittenhouse) to Trump supporters being assaulted for wearing a MAGA gear to restaurants not serving people in MAGA hats.

Me? eh, I believe the media and the democrats are the most divisive group of people on this planet, in the history of the world ever. Especially when they out right lie and make up stories.

Face it scooter, the country is divided. It's always been divided. Long before Trump was ever president and long after he's gone, divided it will be.

But enough about Trump, how's your boy biden doing these days?

"Divisive" is one of 100 terms redefined as "disagrees with wokey."
Guy Noir
In reference to some of the comments about Trump being divisive, I was surprised about the turnover that Trump had with his senior staff that often led to an ending relationship that is not congenial. Trump has belittled these people in the news media. Examples are Mike Pence, Kevin McCarthy, Rex Tillerson, Bill Barr, Liz Cheney, etc. These people were in for a while but once they disagree with Trump they are all of a sudden not conservative or good leaders. Surely Trump is dividing the Republican party. I think that makes him divisive.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.