Jan 6 committee

127,004 Views | 3026 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Harrison Bergeron
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

From the hearing of 7/21/22

Trump put Pence in further peril.
One unnamed witness described radio communication with the Secret Service detail for Vice President Mike Pence while the Capitol was under siege. The witness revealed that the officers were "starting to fear for their own lives" and that their radio messages were "disturbing. There were calls to say goodbye to family members." The mob clearly was targeting Pence. It was at that moment Trump chose to pour gasoline on the fire with his 2:24 p.m. tweet claiming that Pence "didn't have the courage" to halt the vote count. The juxtaposition of the testimony with Trump's tweet was appalling.
Former national security official Matt Pottinger testified that he was so disturbed by the tweet that he decided then to resign. As he explained, it was "the opposite of what we really needed at that moment, which was a de-escalation. Former deputy White House press secretary Sarah Matthews also testified that Trump's tweet was "giving the green light" to the rioters. She added, "I've seen the impact his words have on his supporters." Because she viewed the message as "indefensible," she quit that night.
What was Trump doing while Pence was in peril? Calling senators to try to delay the vote. However one describes it, it's clear Trump wanted the violence to continue.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/07/22/jan-6-hearing-revelations-trump-inaction/

they forgot this part..

That is the way gracious people resign. Adults
she didnt resign, that was Jan 20 when she was let go then at the end of the admin like so many others..

Like Hutchinson before her, except Hitchinson tried to go to FL(was reported in Bloomberg- super alt right fake news source)
Because she viewed the message as "indefensible," she quit that night.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/07/22/jan-6-hearing-revelations-trump-inaction/

i read that part, we will see if that part is confirmed by admin
Do you doubt her sworn testimony?
call me a skeptic, I doubt everything..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

One unnamed witness described radio communication with the Secret Service detail for Vice President Mike Pence while the Capitol was under siege. The witness revealed that the officers were "starting to fear for their own lives" and that their radio messages were "disturbing. There were calls to say goodbye to family members." The mob clearly was targeting Pence. It was at that moment Trump chose to pour gasoline on the fire with his 2:24 p.m. tweet claiming that Pence "didn't have the courage" to halt the vote count. The juxtaposition of the testimony with Trump's tweet was appalling.
Former national security official Matt Pottinger testified that he was so disturbed by the tweet that he decided then to resign. As he explained, it was "the opposite of what we really needed at that moment, which was a de-escalation. Former deputy White House press secretary Sarah Matthews also testified that Trump's tweet was "giving the green light" to the rioters. She added, "I've seen the impact his words have on his supporters." Because she viewed the message as "indefensible," she quit that night.
What was Trump doing while Pence was in peril? Calling senators to try to delay the vote. However one describes it, it's clear Trump wanted the violence to continue.

they forgot this part..

she didnt resign, that was Jan 20 when she was let go then at the end of the admin like so many others..

Like Hutchinson before her, except Hitchinson tried to go to FL(was reported in Bloomberg- super alt right fake news source)

Are you doubting Trump's actions and motives of Jan 6?
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

they forgot this part..

Are you doubting Trump's actions and motives of Jan 6?
of course.. i know he wanted to win.

I also know that more than 1/2 dozen states have certified elections that didnt follow state and federal law and they are like..

Its ok that we messed up.. we get it right next time!

“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Oldbear83
Moore v Harper.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
FLBear5630
Guy Noir said:

RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Booray said:

OldBear can never be troubled for an actual answer to tough questions.
Funny how you put my name where everyone knows that would be Sam.

Then again, in an age where Cheney and Kinzinger sell themselves as 'conservatives' when they are nothing like that, I imagine you believe you and Sam and Oso are 'open-minded' even though you convicted Trump months ago, even with no more than bad emotions for evidence.

You have managed to out-Borat Mr. Sasha with your act.

Still deflecting. Who would Trump call that was not called by the committee?
Nancy Pelosi for starters. Maybe even some of the committee members themselves.
Shame Dear Leader won't participate

Why would he? What have anybof us seen of a Liz Cheney led Kangaroo Court that would say let me subject myself to this? There is no recourse, there is no cross examination, there are no limits throwing a spaghetti lunch is being used as proof of a coup, there is no fair arbitrar.

Summary of the thread so far...

Pages 1-60: "Why can't Trump testify?"
Page 61: "Um, he can."
Page 62: "WHY SHOULD TRUMP TESTIFY???"
So, Counselor. You would recommend that your client go on National TV and sit down with a Committee led by someone that has come out publicly hates you. In a forum that you have no recourse, no ability to ask follow up or cross-examination questions and the media will dissect every thing you say? You think he should go?
If I were advising Trump, I would recommend he kept his mouth shut. If I were feeling especially hypocritical, I might even complain that he was being "excluded" from the hearings, knowing full well he could remedy that any time he wanted. But I'd have a reason for all that nonsense - I'd be on Trump's payroll.

The question is, what's your excuse?
I just don't see why he would, there is absolutely no upside.

Anything he says that is not what they want will be branded a lie. Anything that they do like will be used against him.

The point is that Liz set up an arrangement that guarantees we do not get to the truth. 100% political theater that people like you and a select other seem to be taking hook, line and sinker.
I think we are getting to the truth.
So tell us, what is the truth?

Trump was pissed that he lost?
Trump thinks the election was stolen?
He was mad at Barr?
He wanted to go to the Capitol?
He is in to how big his crowds are?

We have not learned anything new, a couple of tidbits that he threw a lunch. He wanted to belay security to have a bigger crowd?

Trump was planning to throw out the election results. That effort easily can be viewed as an abuse of power. Was this illegal? That is for you to decide.

Trump investigated the VP rejecting the electors and sending the decision to Congress? Ok, I will agree he did that. Is that an abuse of power? I don't think so, it is following Constitutional procedue. The Comstitution has a process for it, correct? Not to mention they didn't do it. That lite tidbit always seems to be overlooked. They certified and turned over power, just without a smile. You know the happy ljovial smile Michelle Obama had in 2016?
Sam Lowry
RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Booray said:

Then again, in an age where Cheney and Kinzinger sell themselves as 'conservatives' when they are nothing like that, I imagine you believe you and Sam and Oso are 'open-minded' even though you convicted Trump months ago, even with no more than bad emotions for evidence.

Why would he? What have anybof us seen of a Liz Cheney led Kangaroo Court that would say let me subject myself to this? There is no recourse, there is no cross examination, there are no limits throwing a spaghetti lunch is being used as proof of a coup, there is no fair arbitrar.

So, Counselor. You would recommend that your client go on National TV and sit down with a Committee led by someone that has come out publicly hates you. In a forum that you have no recourse, no ability to ask follow up or cross-examination questions and the media will dissect every thing you say? You think he should go?
If I were advising Trump, I would recommend he kept his mouth shut. If I were feeling especially hypocritical, I might even complain that he was being "excluded" from the hearings, knowing full well he could remedy that any time he wanted. But I'd have a reason for all that nonsense - I'd be on Trump's payroll.

Anything he says that is not what they want will be branded a lie. Anything that they do like will be used against him.

The point is that Liz set up an arrangement that guarantees we do not get to the truth. 100% political theater that people like you and a select other seem to be taking hook, line and sinker.

He was mad at Barr?

We have not learned anything new, a couple of tidbits that he threw a lunch. He wanted to belay security to have a bigger crowd?

Trump was planning to throw out the election results. That effort easily can be viewed as an abuse of power. Was this illegal? That is for you to decide.
The Comstitution has a process for it, correct?
Not correct.
4th and Inches
Trump ordered Pentagon to 'make sure' Jan. 6 rally was 'safe event,' confirmed Joint Chiefs' Milley

–Horace

FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Booray said:

He was mad at Barr?

Not correct.

So, this us incorrect?

According to the Electoral Count Act of 1887, members of Congress may object to statewide election results or specific electoral votes in a particular state or the District of Columbia.

Specifically, during the session one member of the U.S. House and one member of the U.S. Senate must submit a written objection after the body reads the vote count from a particular state or D.C.

Once a House member and Senator submit an objection, the two chambers of Congress separate to debate for two hours and to vote on whether to continue counting the votes in light of the objection. Both chambers must vote by a simple majority to concur with the objection for it to stand, otherwise the objection fails.

If both chambers of Congress affirm the objection and the objection results in no one candidate receiving the necessary 270-vote Electoral College majority, the 12th Amendment dictates a congressional process for selecting a president and vice president. The House of Representatives votes to elect the new president. As a bloc, members of the House cast one vote per state, choosing between the three candidates who received the most Electoral College votes. The Senate votes to elect the Vice President, casting one vote per senator.

THIS IS FICTION??? Come on, give me the it is correct, but... line. Its coming, "but, we know Trump was really mad..." but, we feel Trump disliked spaghetii..." "but, its Trump. It must be illegal..."

How about, it never happened??? Pence certified and Trump turned over power... Nah, can't go with that.

Oldbear83
Asking Sam to let go of his hate is like asking Hillary to put down the liquor bottle ... will never happen, and they both will hate you for asking.
Redbrickbear
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Booray said:

He was mad at Barr?

Not correct.

So, this us incorrect?

According to the Electoral Count Act of 1887, members of Congress may object to statewide election results or specific electoral votes in a particular state or the District of Columbia.

Specifically, during the session one member of the U.S. House and one member of the U.S. Senate must submit a written objection after the body reads the vote count from a particular state or D.C.

Once a House member and Senator submit an objection, the two chambers of Congress separate to debate for two hours and to vote on whether to continue counting the votes in light of the objection. Both chambers must vote by a simple majority to concur with the objection for it to stand, otherwise the objection fails.

If both chambers of Congress affirm the objection and the objection results in no one candidate receiving the necessary 270-vote Electoral College majority, the 12th Amendment dictates a congressional process for selecting a president and vice president. The House of Representatives votes to elect the new president. As a bloc, members of the House cast one vote per state, choosing between the three candidates who received the most Electoral College votes. The Senate votes to elect the Vice President, casting one vote per senator.

THIS IS FICTION??? Come on, give me the it is correct, but... line. Its coming, "but, we know Trump was really mad..." but, we feel Trump disliked spaghetii..." "but, its Trump. It must be illegal..."

How about, it never happened??? Pence certified and Trump turned over power... Nah, can't go with that.

Those are hate facts you are posting.
Sam Lowry
What about Trump's lawyer who devised the plan? Was he a hater too?

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/06/trump-sycophants-meadows-giuliani-eastman-miller-january-6-committee-illegal-coup/
Oldbear83
Mother Jones for your source ... seriously Sam?
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

Asking Sam to let go of his hate is like asking Hillary to put down the liquor bottle ... will never happen, and they both will hate you for asking.
Funny, I am not a Trump fan. I thought he Administration had sound policies and brought very important points to the public for debate on immigration, NATO, North Korea, and China. I think he is an ******* and one of my least favorite people. Yet, as this fiasco goes on, I am even more convinced he did nothing illegal and was actually a victim of the media and the "RESIST" movement. The more Liz does this witch hunt, The more I sympothize with Trump, who I really disslike. I grew up in NY, I remember the Studio 54 days, the USFL, Atlantic City. Yet Liz has me thinking I would vote for him again rather the the Dem's clowns or her!
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sure, Old. It's the only source.
Osodecentx
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

He won't accept any MSM source or Mother Jones. What will he accept?
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Don't whine at me, boyo, you chose to quote them.

Oldbear83
RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Funny, I am not a Trump fan. I thought he Administration had sound policies and brought very important points to the public for debate on immigration, NATO, North Korea, and China. I think he is an ******* and one of my least favorite people. Yet, as this fiasco goes on, I am even more convinced he did nothing illegal and was actually a victim of the media and the "RESIST" movement. The more Liz does this witch hunt, The more I sympothize with Trump, who I really disslike. I grew up in NY, I remember the Studio 54 days, the USFL, Atlantic City. Yet Liz has me thinking I would vote for him again rather the the Dem's clowns or her!
Me too. You'd never know it for Sam and Oso constantly pretending I'm a cheerleader to Trump, but my support is really just for his policies.

Find me a credible candidate who will run on the same policies and I will go with that man or woman. But DeSantis says right now he's not running, and no real conservative will settle for another Bush or a RINO like Romney. So for now the serious front-runner is Trump.

The Donks know this of course, which is why they try so much to demonize him. As for Sam and Oso, I think their obsession has driven them out of sound judgment into Schiffworld delusion.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

What source would you accept?
J.B.Katz
Remember that horrible recording of FLDS "Prophet" Warren Jeffs raping a kid--the one that put him away for life plus?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/warren-jeffs-rape-trial-hears-audio-girls-alleged/story?id=14221603

Trump would have to be caught on tape doing something as bad or worse than this for most of those posting on this thread to accept the fact that he endangered our national security by threatening a peaceful transition of power.

But at least now most of his enablers are going to be scuttling around like the cockroaches they are to avoid prosecution:

And if anybody deserves to cool his heels behind bars on a contempt verdict, it's Sloppy Steve Bannon.

J.B.Katz
I wonder why there wasn't more of a discussion about the fact that Mike Pence effectively functioned as president for part of Jan. 6 and that the military brass called HIM.

Do ANY of you hold Trump responsible for trying to put Pence in the line of fire, or do you think this was justified as Trump floundered around like a whale stuck in the shallows trying to hold onto power after he lost the eleciton?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/07/22/mike-pence-secret-service-january-6/?utm_campaign=wp_evening_edition&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_evening&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3772b2b%2F62db1009cfe8a21601fe9d46%2F596995e39bbc0f6d71c4d13f%2F11%2F47%2F62db1009cfe8a21601fe9d46&wp_cu=8af9fc0e2805ae5e992df196a72fe40d%7C6bd72e38-385a-11e0-a478-1231380f446b

A White House security official who was monitoring the traffic told the committee that agents were "starting to fear for their own lives."

"There were calls to say goodbye to family members, so on and so forth," the security official said in audiotaped testimony. "For whatever the reason was on the ground, the VP detail thought that this was about to get very ugly."

The communications of Pence's Secret Service agents were among the most remarkable revelations of Thursday's hearing. The committee featured snippets of radio traffic, a series of messages exchanged by security officials monitoring the traffic from the White House, and testimony from one of those officials.

On July 21 the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack outlined a detailed account of President Trump's defiant inaction during the riot.

Although the committee did not share which office the anonymous witness worked for, a very small group of individuals would have had access to such radio traffic. Secret Service staff in an emergency operations center monitor those communications. But it's also likely that employees in the White House Situation Room could have tuned in to the radio traffic, because the Capitol was under attack and their job is to monitor threats to the country's security.

Rep. Elaine Luria (D-Va.), who co-chaired Thursday's hearing, said the official's name was being withheld out of concern that his testimony could draw retaliation.

The witness said he could tell the danger that Pence and Secret Service agents were in because some agents were yelling and screaming, and some sent "very personal" messages to have colleagues tell their families goodbye for them.

"It sounds like that we came very close to either, service having to use lethal options, or worse," the official said. "At that point, I don't know. Is the VP compromised? Is the detail? I don't know. ... If they're screaming and saying things like, 'say goodbye to the family,' like the floor needs to know this is going to a whole 'nother level soon."

"The floor" could be a reference to the main office space of the National Security Council.

Indeed, less than a minute after Pence was rushed off the Senate floor to his hideaway just 100 feet away, the rioters some of whom had earlier been chanting "Hang Mike Pence!" breached the second floor of the Capitol, coming within spitting range of where the vice president was huddled with a small group of aides and family members.
C. Jordan
4th and Inches said:

C. Jordan said:

4th and Inches said:

C. Jordan said:

4th and Inches said:

C. Jordan said:

Wow. Most powerful night yet.

The committee has done a great job of getting out of the way and allowing Trump's own people tell of his depravity.

As for Josh Hawley:

I was gonna watch but there was a Riveting WNBA game that conflicted
Too bad for you.

Hope you wake up some day.
me too, these last year and a half have been a real nightmare for the country..

No mean tweets though!
So how do you justify the inaction?

Were you okay with the violent overthrow of our government for a lie?

Are you okay with Secret Service agents calling their families to tell them goodbye because they thought they would die?

Do Trump supporters have any humanity left?
ask social media why they took down the go home message? Why is Jan6 editing out the multiple peaceful protest and no violence wording by Trump on Jan 6th?

Overthrow our govt? Go sit down while the adults talk.. we got alot to cover starting with the white house protests in may of 2020 that required Trump to shelter in a bunker. Crickets on that one.. then we can talk about the leader of the Jan 6th committee actively endorsed the storming of the Wisc state capital and called it democracy in action. Lastly we gonna talk about how the govt isnt a building and its impossible to for 800 people with 2 hand guns to take over a govt.. if you believe they could then it makes sense why you think Democracy is in danger

Yes I am ok with anybody calling loved ones to tell them they love them.. doesnt make it truth because they felt that way, facts dont care about your feelings.

Also, I wouldnt know, i am a russian bot here to troll you with misinformation.

Take my script for some counseling and a free safe space mypillow and snuggie blanket for mental security.
This is delusional stuff.

Trump was never under any serious threat. You want me to believe a handful of protesters outside the White House is somehow equivalent to thousands ransacking the capitol? Really?

And you've never answered the question: How can you support Trump doing NOTHING for HOURS while Capitol Police were beaten and Mike Pence's life was in danger?

You haven't answered it because you don't have one. You can't honestly face that question because it reveals the depraved sociopathic maniac Donald Trump is.
C. Jordan
J.B.Katz said:

Remember that horrible recording of FLDS "Prophet" Warren Jeffs raping a kid--the one that put him away for life plus?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/warren-jeffs-rape-trial-hears-audio-girls-alleged/story?id=14221603

Trump would have to be caught on tape doing something as bad or worse than this for most of those posting on this thread to accept the fact that he endangered our national security by threatening a peaceful transition of power.

But at least now most of his enablers are going to be scuttling around like the cockroaches they are to avoid prosecution:

And if anybody deserves to cool his heels behind bars on a contempt verdict, it's Sloppy Steve Bannon.

#Hawlinass

LOL
Osodecentx
The President Who Stood Still on Jan. 6
Even as the riot raged at the Capitol, Trump wouldn't tell his supporters to stop.

No matter your views of the Jan. 6 special committee, the facts it is laying out in hearings are sobering. The most horrifying to date came Thursday in a hearing on President Trump's conduct as the riot raged and he sat watching TV, posting inflammatory tweets and refusing to send help.
Shortly after Mr. Trump urged protesters to march on the Capitol, he was told violence was breaking out. At about 1:30 p.m. he went to the dining room, where he stayed until 4 p.m. There is no official record of what he did, and the photographer was told no pictures.
All of MAGA world was texting Chief of Staff Mark Meadows that Mr. Trump needed to call off his supporters. White House Counsel Pat Cipollone testified that he argued internally "there needs to be a public announcement, fast, that they need to leave the Capitol." He added that Mr. Meadows joined those calls throughout the day, as did Ivanka Trump.
By 2:13 the Capitol was breached. The committee played radio traffic from Vice PresidentMike Pence's security detail. "I've got public about five feet from me down here below," one voice said. Another warned: "If we lose any more time, we may lose the ability to leave."
By 2:13 the Capitol was breached. The committee played radio traffic from Vice PresidentMike Pence's security detail. "I've got public about five feet from me down here below," one voice said. Another warned: "If we lose any more time, we may lose the ability to leave."
The committee's critics are right that it lacks political balance. It is trying to make a criminal case that might be hard to prove and might tear the country apart. It undermines its argument by not releasing full transcripts of testimony. Why rely on what Ms. Matthews said that Ms. McEnany said that Mr. Trump said? The committee interviewed Ms. McEnany.
Still, the brute facts remain: Mr. Trump took an oath to defend the Constitution, and he had a duty as Commander in Chief to protect the Capitol from a mob attacking it in his name. He refused. He didn't call the military to send help. He didn't call Mr. Pence to check on the safety of his loyal VP. Instead he fed the mob's anger and let the riot play out.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-president-who-stood-still-donald-trump-jan-6-committee-mike-pence-capitol-riot-11658528548?mod=hp_opin_pos_1
4th and Inches
C. Jordan said:

4th and Inches said:

C. Jordan said:

4th and Inches said:

C. Jordan said:

4th and Inches said:

C. Jordan said:

Wow. Most powerful night yet.

The committee has done a great job of getting out of the way and allowing Trump's own people tell of his depravity.

As for Josh Hawley:

I was gonna watch but there was a Riveting WNBA game that conflicted
Too bad for you.

Hope you wake up some day.
me too, these last year and a half have been a real nightmare for the country..

No mean tweets though!
So how do you justify the inaction?

Were you okay with the violent overthrow of our government for a lie?

Are you okay with Secret Service agents calling their families to tell them goodbye because they thought they would die?

Do Trump supporters have any humanity left?
ask social media why they took down the go home message? Why is Jan6 editing out the multiple peaceful protest and no violence wording by Trump on Jan 6th?

Overthrow our govt? Go sit down while the adults talk.. we got alot to cover starting with the white house protests in may of 2020 that required Trump to shelter in a bunker. Crickets on that one.. then we can talk about the leader of the Jan 6th committee actively endorsed the storming of the Wisc state capital and called it democracy in action. Lastly we gonna talk about how the govt isnt a building and its impossible to for 800 people with 2 hand guns to take over a govt.. if you believe they could then it makes sense why you think Democracy is in danger

Yes I am ok with anybody calling loved ones to tell them they love them.. doesnt make it truth because they felt that way, facts dont care about your feelings.

Also, I wouldnt know, i am a russian bot here to troll you with misinformation.

Take my script for some counseling and a free safe space mypillow and snuggie blanket for mental security.
This is delusional stuff.

Trump was never under any serious threat. You want me to believe a handful of protesters outside the White House is somehow equivalent to thousands ransacking the capitol? Really?

And you've never answered the question: How can you support Trump doing NOTHING for HOURS while Capitol Police were beaten and Mike Pence's life was in danger?

You haven't answered it because you don't have one. You can't honestly face that question because it reveals the depraved sociopathic maniac Donald Trump is.

–Horace

Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

RealClearPolitics is pretty objective in their editorials. The Washington Times is also worth your attention.

Are you truly suggesting you are unaware of the bias in your selected sources, Sam?
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Me too. You'd never know it for Sam and Oso constantly pretending I'm a cheerleader to Trump, but my support is really just for his policies.

Find me a credible candidate who will run on the same policies and I will go with that man or woman. But DeSantis says right now he's not running, and no real conservative will settle for another Bush or a RINO like Romney. So for now the serious front-runner is Trump.

The Donks know this of course, which is why they try so much to demonize him. As for Sam and Oso, I think their obsession has driven them out of sound judgment into Schiffworld delusion.
We need as adult in the Executive Office. The last adult was Bush Sr. Unfortunately, WW2 created the last batch of adults. Sorry to say, but a major war effort is needed to produce a generation competent enough for the future. Sad truth, that war produces the best leaders. Sad price to pay, but what we have now is so disappointing.
Oldbear83
RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

We need as adult in the Executive Office. The last adult was Bush Sr. Unfortunately, WW2 created the last batch of adults. Sorry to say, but a major war effort is needed to produce a generation competent enough for the future. Sad truth, that war produces the best leaders. Sad price to pay, but what we have now is so disappointing.
We can whine all we want, but in the end someone is going to sit at that desk, and what matters most is what they do as POTUS. The economy matters. So does foreign policy. So does border security. So do judicial appointments.

Whether you like their twitter style or choice of hats, frankly does not make the list even down to the top 50 items.
FLBear5630
J.B.Katz said:

I wonder why there wasn't more of a discussion about the fact that Mike Pence effectively functioned as president for part of Jan. 6 and that the military brass called HIM.

Do ANY of you hold Trump responsible for trying to put Pence in the line of fire, or do you think this was justified as Trump floundered around like a whale stuck in the shallows trying to hold onto power after he lost the eleciton?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/07/22/mike-pence-secret-service-january-6/?utm_campaign=wp_evening_edition&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_evening&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3772b2b%2F62db1009cfe8a21601fe9d46%2F596995e39bbc0f6d71c4d13f%2F11%2F47%2F62db1009cfe8a21601fe9d46&wp_cu=8af9fc0e2805ae5e992df196a72fe40d%7C6bd72e38-385a-11e0-a478-1231380f446b

A White House security official who was monitoring the traffic told the committee that agents were "starting to fear for their own lives."

"There were calls to say goodbye to family members, so on and so forth," the security official said in audiotaped testimony. "For whatever the reason was on the ground, the VP detail thought that this was about to get very ugly."

The communications of Pence's Secret Service agents were among the most remarkable revelations of Thursday's hearing. The committee featured snippets of radio traffic, a series of messages exchanged by security officials monitoring the traffic from the White House, and testimony from one of those officials.

On July 21 the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack outlined a detailed account of President Trump's defiant inaction during the riot.

Although the committee did not share which office the anonymous witness worked for, a very small group of individuals would have had access to such radio traffic. Secret Service staff in an emergency operations center monitor those communications. But it's also likely that employees in the White House Situation Room could have tuned in to the radio traffic, because the Capitol was under attack and their job is to monitor threats to the country's security.

Rep. Elaine Luria (D-Va.), who co-chaired Thursday's hearing, said the official's name was being withheld out of concern that his testimony could draw retaliation.

The witness said he could tell the danger that Pence and Secret Service agents were in because some agents were yelling and screaming, and some sent "very personal" messages to have colleagues tell their families goodbye for them.

"It sounds like that we came very close to either, service having to use lethal options, or worse," the official said. "At that point, I don't know. Is the VP compromised? Is the detail? I don't know. ... If they're screaming and saying things like, 'say goodbye to the family,' like the floor needs to know this is going to a whole 'nother level soon."

"The floor" could be a reference to the main office space of the National Security Council.

Indeed, less than a minute after Pence was rushed off the Senate floor to his hideaway just 100 feet away, the rioters some of whom had earlier been chanting "Hang Mike Pence!" breached the second floor of the Capitol, coming within spitting range of where the vice president was huddled with a small group of aides and family members.
Let's talk about that. What did the military do? You act like Trump was under his desk with his thumb in his mouth. What really was done? Not a call and a status report. What was done? I am sick of this speculation crap, talk actions what was actually done.

Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

RealClearPolitics is pretty objective in their editorials. The Washington Times is also worth your attention.

Are you truly suggesting you are unaware of the bias in your selected sources, Sam?
Okay, here you go.
Quote:

Pence Is Right: Donald Trump IS Wrong about January 6

The Eastman memo has provided greater context to Trump's insistence that Pence had discretion to discount electoral votes. Trump lauded Eastman on January 6 and stated that if Pence "does the right thing," he would win the election. The memo referenced John Adams and Thomas Jefferson as evidence that vice presidents have discretion to count votes, but failed to acknowledge 1) that both used their discretion to allow substance to prevail over technicalities, and 2) that both were acting prior to the passage of the 12th amendment which has clear language detailing the vice president's passive role in counting electoral votes during the joint session.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/02/07/pence_is_right_donald_trump_is_wrong_about_january_6__147151.html
Quote:

Expose Eastman's 'Bold' Plan for the Coup Attempt It Was

Details of the plan appear to have been corroborated by former federal Judge J. Michael Luttig, who tweeted that he "was honored to advise Vice President Pence that he had no choice on January 6, 2021, but to accept and count the Electoral College votes as they had been cast and properly certified by the states" and that he "believe[d] that Professor Eastman was incorrect at every turn of the analysis in his January 2 memorandum." In his memo, Eastman acknowledged that his plan was "BOLD, Certainly," but that they were "no longer playing by Queensbury rules."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/10/08/expose_eastmans_bold_plan_for_the_coup_attempt_it_was_146529.html
Quote:

Jan. 6 panel: John Eastman acknowledged overturning vote could spark violence

John Eastman, the conservative lawyer behind President Trump's calls for Vice President Pence to reject the 2020 presidential electoral vote count, acknowledged that doing so could spark violence.

In a recorded deposition revealed Thursday, former Trump White House lawyer Eric Herschmann told the committee he told Mr. Eastman that his plan to overturn the election would "cause riots in the streets."

He said Mr. Eastman told him in response that violence would be tolerable in the interest of "democracy."

"And he said words to the effect of, 'There's been violence in the history of our country in order to protect the democracy, or to protect the republic,'" Mr. Herschmann said.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jun/16/jan-6-panel-john-eastman-acknowledged-overturning-/
Quote:

Trump election lawyer, facing Calif. bar complaint, high court dispute over First Amendment rights

"I was the one that advised [that Mr. Pence] didn't have this more aggressive authority that had been floated," Mr. Eastman said. "I'm the one that said, 'No, you don't have that authority.'"

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/oct/6/trump-election-lawyer-facing-calif-bar-complaint-h/
Oldbear83
Good for you, Sam. Now maybe you could also read some of the other editorials and articles, the ones that don't fit your narrative.
4th and Inches
Adam Kinzinger says the January 6 Committee now has evidence that Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony about Trump's limo outburst is true.

Oops!

CNN got used by Jan 6 Committee which leaked falsehood that DCPD Sgt. Robinson would corroborate Cassidy Hutchinson's discredited testimony Trump tried to grab steering wheel from his SS driver & lunged @ his throat. In fact, Robinson did NOT..

Jan. 6 Committee Chair Bennie Thompson in the prime-time hearing repeated the falsehood that the Capitol mob was "savagely beating and KILLING law enforcement officers." In fact, no police officer was killed during the riot.

They keep lying to the American public

–Horace

Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Good for you, Sam. Now maybe you could also read some of the other editorials and articles, the ones that don't fit your narrative.
I'd be happy to. Post the one that says John Eastman is a Trump-hater.
4th and Inches
This has been the plan the whole time- invoking Section 3 of the 14th Amendment. This is why it must be an issurection. Let's do this!

–Horace

Oldbear83
These are worth a look

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/dec/24/pelosis-jan-6-witch-hunt/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/12/08/why_the_2020_election_was_neither_free_nor_fair_144798.html#!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.