Jan 6 committee

128,281 Views | 3026 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Harrison Bergeron
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

It is an investigation not a trial. No charges have been submitted as of this time.
An investigation on national TV??? Sort of like COPS, American Detectives or The Interrogator?

I got it, Injustice with Nancy Grace! That is it and Cheney plays Nancy Grace, same haircut and everything.

Not very credible, but a compelling watch. 4 Rotten Tomatoes...
Seems like you Forever Trumpers want a president who won't be indicted by a Congressional committee that is televised.
Y'all don't want a committee to gather information because it reflects poorly on your boy and people can see it for what it is.
Sure, that's it.

[ rolls eyes ]
I agree. Just as long as he doesn't get indicted you Forever Trumpers' expectations are satisfied.
Guy Noir
Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

It is an investigation not a trial. No charges have been submitted as of this time.
And again, no Congressional committee has law enforcement authority.

They are out of bounds and everyone knows it.

And again they are investigating. They are not enforcing the law. They are not out of bounds.

Golem
Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

An investigation on national TV??? Sort of like COPS, American Detectives or The Interrogator?

I got it, Injustice with Nancy Grace! That is it and Cheney plays Nancy Grace, same haircut and everything.

Seems like you Forever Trumpers want a president who won't be indicted by a Congressional committee that is televised.
Y'all don't want a committee to gather information because it reflects poorly on your boy and people can see it for what it is.

1. No one is a "Forever Trumper". At best you might find some 8 year Trumpers. Most true conservatives want DeSantis and are grateful to Trump for upholding the constitution, creating a great economy, and ending 50 years of baby murder. You lot just want more dead babies and $10 gas.

2. The kangaroo court isn't gathering information. They are holding a one sided public trial to try and convince idiots like yourself that a group of fools who walked into the capital and took selfies with capital police were an insurrection. They need January 6 to be their Reichstag fire, but it won't be because it was at worst silly larping by basement dwellers.

3. Rational people are simply tired of the never ending lies from you lot about Trump that started from day one and haven't ended yet. Every month "the walls are closing in" was chanted from all your favorite networks and every month they never did, because you all were just lying. Your insane lying is exhausting.
FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

No, I want a real bipartisan hearing with both sides being able to present evidence and answer why things were done. I dont want Liz Cheney sitting deciding who can talk and who can't.

I want evidence provided by real law enforcement and testimony allowed to be questioned.

This is not a hearing. It is a partisan/personal vendetta attack on a future competitor.
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

No, I want a real bipartisan hearing with both sides being able to present evidence and answer why things were done. I dont want Liz Cheney sitting deciding who can talk and who can't.

I want evidence provided by real law enforcement and testimony allowed to be questioned.

This is not a hearing. It is a partisan/personal vendetta attack on a future competitor.

McCarthy didn't put his R's on the committee
Oldbear83
Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

And again they are investigating. They are not enforcing the law. They are not out of bounds.

SO what exactly are they doing?

NO honest answer from the TDSers.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

They are hearing testimony
4th and Inches
Guy Noir said:

How many "investigations" do you know publicly go out and provide "evidence" to the public before filing charges or holding a trial.

They are biasing the jury pool so good luck bringing charges
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Only the kind they want to hear, though.
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

their scope for holding hearings requires it to be an aid to the legislative process. What legislative process does this committee hearing aid?

The second impeachment was already a sham because the chief justice refused to sit so they chose a member of the prosecuting body to act as judge

now it seems like they're working toward a third impeachment of a person who no longer hold public office, constitutional scholars are not even sure you can impeach somebody that doesn't currently hold office and chief justice Roberts seem to agree with that by not sitting on the second impeachment trial.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Oldbear83
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

their scope for holding hearings requires it to be an aid to the legislative process. What legislative process does this committee hearing aid?
Might as well rename Oso and Sam 'Donald' and 'Daffy', because they always duck that kind of question.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Might as well rename Oso and Sam 'Donald' and 'Daffy', because they always duck that kind of question.
It's funny how some folks want to shut down discussion, allowing only their side be heard
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

It's funny how some folks want to shut down discussion, allowing only their side be heard
very true but we keep conversating with yall anyway

–Horace

Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Glad to see you admit it, Oso.

Good first step!
FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

McCarthy didn't put his R's on the committee

Jim Jensen didn't want on the committee?
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Glad to see you admit it, Oso.

Good first step!
You keep swinging at pitches not even there.
I'm just citing what we know, correcting your false assumption. Sorry if that hit a nerve.
just correcting false assumptions by the Fascista here.
FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Guy Noir said:

Sure, that's it.

[ rolls eyes ]
I agree. Just as long as he doesn't get indicted you Forever Trumpers' expectations are satisfied.

If there is actual evidence indict. But if they indict and it gets thrown out then Trump is exonerated. I expect that is what they are avoiding. They prefer this nebulous "Trump is guilty we all know it" narrative. If he is aquited, he comes after them. This not knowing allows more of these investigations...

I notice they are not calling any of the people that actually went into Congress..
Golem
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

You certainly don't have an irony deficiency.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Answered it two or three times already. Investigating criminality in the executive branch is part of the oversight process.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Answered it two or three times already. Investigating criminality in the executive branch is part of the oversight process.
but this isnt about Biden.. who in the executive branch are they investigating or oversighting(i know its not a word but its friday!)

–Horace

4th and Inches
Congressional oversight includes the review, monitoring, and supervision of federal agencies, programs, activities, and policy implementation by the executive branch.. where does this one fall?

–Horace

Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Congressional oversight includes the review, monitoring, and supervision of federal agencies, programs, activities, and policy implementation by the executive branch.. where does this one fall?
Review, monitoring, and supervision of federal agencies, programs, activities, and policy implementation by the executive branch.
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Nope. She even referred to it as "The Beast", which is Secret Service jargon for the big limo.
Yeah, but there's a picture that's claimed to show otherwise. The reason for the discrepancy isn't clear without the agents' testimony. I don't know that it would be prohibitively difficult for Trump to move 18 feet, especially as enraged as he seems to have been.
Believe what you want, since the driver has already said that just did not happen.

And we have only your assumption the testimony was credible at all.

You assume the driver has already said that. You don't know.
"driver prepared to testify that Trump didn't grab steering wheel"

https://news.yahoo.com/secret-agent-willing-testify-trump-124545568.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/secret-service-agents-testify-trump-lunge-steering-wheel-capitol-riot

Just give this one up, Sam, it was a dumb lie that didn't last a day before being called out.

You can always obsess about mean tweets.
These links are news reports that the SS agents "are prepared to testify". That is hearsay. When they do under oath it is no longer hearsay.

I have a lot of respect for the agents. Testimony from agents who were actually in the car would be hard to ignore.
and now the alphabet media stirs to proactively impeach potential SS agent testimony - they were "aligned with Trump."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-security-detail-was-aligned-with-him-and-personally-cheering-for-biden-to-fail-says-author-of-book-on-the-secret-service/ar-AAZ1OYp

I would assess that SS is not going to allow those agents to testify, as part of a wise and long-standing policy of keeping the SS out of partisan politics. And the folks on the committee know that. So they put up outlandish and easily refutable hearsay evidence knowing that there will not likely be direct refutation forthcoming. Only now they see it's not only not having any impact, it's threatening to blow up in their faces.
I wonder about this also. I thought I read earlier on this thread that they already testified, though.
they did, and then CNN post Hitchinson testimony said the committee has no corroborating evidence or discrediting evidence of her testimony.

Multiple major news outlets are reporting sources saying the SS will testify to rebut if asked to.. you think the committee will ask them? I bet they dont
Oldbear says the agents won't testify. If they don't testify, Hutchinson't testimony is undisputed (even though it is hearsay).

In their earlier testimony they weren't asked about whether Trump made an attempt to grab the wheel. Therefore, there is no evidence that Trump did not grab the wheel. There won't be until one or both agents testify.

you think the committee will allow them to testify? Simple yes or no will suffice
Yes.
Do you?

Neither the committee nor the SS wants these agents to testify.

The cmee has the testimony it wants/needs, and the SS wants to stay out of politics.
Good news!
Ornato wasn't a SS agent on Jan 6. Therefore, he can testify. Since he wasn't an agent on Jan 6, the SS should have no objection to a witness who was in the car.
Ornato can testify and the SS stays out of politics.

NYTimes:
Anthony M. Ornato had left his role as the Secret Service agent in charge of President Donald J. Trump's protective detail in late 2019 when the culture of internal strife that Mr. Trump fostered throughout his term left the president's top advisers frantically searching for a candidate to fill a key role: deputy White House chief of staff for operations.
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Review, monitoring, and supervision of federal agencies, programs, activities, and policy implementation by the executive branch.
what part or dept of the executive branch? What current executive branch members?

–Horace

4th and Inches
Multiple sources now say that Pat Cipollone wasn't at the White House on the morning of Jan. 6 as Cassidy Hutchinson testified.

demand to DHS has been sent to disclose White House surveillance logs to investigate..

Another tread coming loose as the tapestry unravels? We shall see..

–Horace

TWD 1974
4th and Inches said:

Multiple sources now say that Pat Cipollone wasn't at the White House on the morning of Jan. 6 as Cassidy Hutchinson testified.

demand to DHS has been sent to disclose White House surveillance logs to investigate..

It might be helpful if Trump supporters actually listened or read the transcript of her testimony. Her conversation involving Pat Cipollone was not at the WH, but on the way to the Ellipse for the President's Rally.

LIZ CHENEY: And we understand, Ms. Hutchinson, that you also spoke to Mr. Cipollone on the morning of the 6th as you were about to go to the rally on the Ellipse, and Mr. Cipollone said something to you like make sure the movement to the Capitol does not happen. Is that correct?

CASSIDY HUTCHINSON: That's correct. I saw Mr. Cipollone right before I walked out onto West Exec that morning, and Mr. Cipollone said something to the effect of please make sure we don't go up to the Capitol, Cassidy. Keep in touch with me. We're going to get charged with every crime imaginable if we make that movement happen.
Harrison Bergeron
TWD 74 said:

4th and Inches said:

It might be helpful if Trump supporters actually listened or read the transcript of her testimony. Her conversation involving Pat Cipollone was not at the WH, but on the way to the Ellipse for the President's Rally.

LIZ CHENEY: And we understand, Ms. Hutchinson, that you also spoke to Mr. Cipollone on the morning of the 6th as you were about to go to the rally on the Ellipse, and Mr. Cipollone said something to you like make sure the movement to the Capitol does not happen. Is that correct?

CASSIDY HUTCHINSON: That's correct. I saw Mr. Cipollone right before I walked out onto West Exec that morning, and Mr. Cipollone said something to the effect of please make sure we don't go up to the Capitol, Cassidy. Keep in touch with me. We're going to get charged with every crime imaginable if we make that movement happen.

When a bimbo lies and testifies to something that doesn't make sense and is immediately refuted intelligent people disregard said bimbo. Only tribal morons are more addicted to propaganda than reality.
TWD 1974
Harrison Bergeron said:

TWD 74 said:

4th and Inches said:

When a bimbo lies and testifies to something that doesn't make sense and is immediately refuted intelligent people disregard said bimbo. Only tribal morons are more addicted to propaganda than reality.
I would normally engage, but your just an *******.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Rigged trials don't count.
4th and Inches
TWD 74 said:

4th and Inches said:

so she was leaving to go to rally, from where?

She met him before she walked out onto west exec(closed street turned parking lot for WH execs next to WH)

Sounds kinda at the white house to me, was he or not on camera at the white house? Did he walk with her to rally? Doesnt sound that way.. where did he go if not the white house or the rally if he was at west exec?

–Horace

Forest Bueller
This Committee is a complete joke. Hersay is now treated as fact. I see nothing that is compelling. I thought this Hutchinson person was a witness, then see it is just hersay, then watch the testimony with the sound off and her body language appears very deceptive.

How long is this garbage hearing going to drag along. These people need to get together with this level devotion and try to solve our actual problems. Which are overwhelming our Country right now.
Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

what part or dept of the executive branch? What current executive branch members?
Congress oversees the executive branch, in this case specifically the White House, not individual people.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

It's not a trial.
Fre3dombear
Forest Bueller said:

This Committee is a complete joke. Hersay is now treated as fact. I see nothing that is compelling. I thought this Hutchinson person was a witness, then see it is just hersay, then watch the testimony with the sound off and her body language appears very deceptive.

How long is this garbage hearing going to drag along. These people need to get together with this level devotion and try to solve our actual problems. Which are overwhelming our Country right now.

It will go On until gas prices come Down. Gonna take a while
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

It's not a trial.
Oh yes it is. And you are just not honest enough to admit that the only closer comparison involves a rope and a tree outside of town.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.