Afghanistan What a tragedy!

96,596 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Wrecks Quan Dough
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Remember this administration, this inept Biden-Harris administration, was brought to you by the mainstream media, Facebook, Twitter, and those in the administrative state who could not stand to see an outsider shake up the Washington DC establishment.
Jacques Strap

GoldMind
TexasScientist said:

GoldMind said:

Oldbear83 said:

GoldMind said:

Oldbear83 said:

GoldMind said:

Oldbear83 said:

"We talk **** about you behind your back all the time, you're just a hateful old man still living in the 60s, arguing for the sake of arguing."

In this case, the "we" only applies to you and those voices in your head.

Solid comeback, gramps.

Tell us what you'd do about China? Surely you have some kind of plan layed out.
Elect me, then I will tell you.

After all, that works for Democrats!
Mildly surprised I was wrong, could have sworn you'd thought this out.
I simply pointed out an error you made in a statement. An obvious one.

Why should that mean I have some detailed plan for what I would do, since I am neither a General nor a Politician?
I made no error, those little ****-splat incidents are no more than us killing Soleimani cause he got in the way. Using them as any indication of some big threat to world peace is laughable.

You fancy yourself incredibly smart, so I just figured you had something to offer other than abrasive drive-bys.
How do you like China's system of governance?

Since it has dick sht to do with my daily life, I couldn't care less.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
ATL Bear
Jacques Strap said:

A delicious word salad I'm sure with a hint of spice in the dressing. Too bad the Taliban are carnivores.
Jacques Strap
ATL Bear said:

Jacques Strap said:

A delicious word salad I'm sure with a hint of spice in the dressing. Too bad the Taliban are carnivores.

Yep.
Jacques Strap
2 para = The Second Battalion, Parachute Regiment (2 PARA), is a battalion-sized formation of the Parachute Regiment, part of the British Army

Oldbear83
General Milley should be left, alone, in the middle of Kabul, and told to find his way back on foot.

I am furious that such a man as him should ever have been trusted with command of troops.

Milley could, with years of hard work, make his way up to 'stunningly incompetent' at best.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Oldbear83
About VP Harrris. Remember this?

"Harris says she had key role in Biden's Afghanistan withdrawal decision"

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/25/harris-afghanistan-biden-withdrawal-decision-484581

April 25 of this year

Canon
Oldbear83 said:

General Milley should be left, alone, in the middle of Kabul, and told to find his way back on foot.

I am furious that such a man as him should ever have been trusted with command of troops.

Milley could, with years of hard work, make his way up to 'stunningly incompetent' at best.

He's been distracted researching white privilege, white fragility and the patriarchy.
whitetrash
Oldbear83 said:

As long as he's wearing drag and full makeup and not his dress uniform.....
GoldMind
For someone who screamed and yelled and cried about innocent lives being lost in Bosnia, he sure isn't making the same fuss now.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Osodecentx
GoldMind said:

For someone who screamed and yelled and cried about innocent lives being lost in Bosnia, he sure isn't making the same fuss now.
Taliban policy towards Trans is important
Jacques Strap

Jacques Strap
@EenaRuffini @CBSNews Correspondent: Foreign Affairs

whitetrash
Jacques Strap said:

It's as if Ol' Joe has the same imaginary friends as Billy, Jeffy and Dolly.

Jacques Strap

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/bidens-vow-airlift-afghan-allies-meets-ticking-clock-risky-rescue-2021-08-17/
Quote:

WASHINGTON, Aug 17 (Reuters) - President Joe Biden's pledge to evacuate thousands more at-risk Afghans who worked for the U.S. government will run into the cold reality of a fast-closing window of time, insecurity all over Afghanistan and major logistical hurdles.

As one U.S. official told Reuters "too many things have to go 100 percent correctly" to execute the plan to move out those going through the Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) process. The Pentagon is aiming to evacuate up to 22,000 SIV applicants, their families and other at-risk people.

But officials and refugee resettlement groups said that number, while admirable, will be much more difficult to reach now that the Taliban have seized the capital Kabul and most of the country.

Groups that work with refugees vigorously disputed Biden's assertion in a speech on Monday that many applicants had not wanted to leave Afghanistan earlier.
GoldMind
I kinda felt like after his shenanigans in the 90s that his foreign policy issues would bite him in the ass pretty hard. I didn't know it would be this soon, but this could go down as something really bad.
trey3216
Jacques Strap said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/bidens-vow-airlift-afghan-allies-meets-ticking-clock-risky-rescue-2021-08-17/
Quote:

WASHINGTON, Aug 17 (Reuters) - President Joe Biden's pledge to evacuate thousands more at-risk Afghans who worked for the U.S. government will run into the cold reality of a fast-closing window of time, insecurity all over Afghanistan and major logistical hurdles.

As one U.S. official told Reuters "too many things have to go 100 percent correctly" to execute the plan to move out those going through the Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) process. The Pentagon is aiming to evacuate up to 22,000 SIV applicants, their families and other at-risk people.

But officials and refugee resettlement groups said that number, while admirable, will be much more difficult to reach now that the Taliban have seized the capital Kabul and most of the country.

Groups that work with refugees vigorously disputed Biden's assertion in a speech on Monday that many applicants had not wanted to leave Afghanistan earlier.

Jesus. We're gonna have Saigon and Mogadishu wrapped up in a pretty little pink box, aren't we?
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Oldbear83
The Iran Hostage Crisis involved 52 Americans. With thousands of Americans stuck in Afghanistan and at the mercy of the Taliban, just imagine the potential scale of this crisis.

The next two days will decide the course of more than three nations.
trey3216
Oldbear83 said:

The Iran Hostage Crisis involved 52 Americans. With thousands of Americans stuck in Afghanistan and at the mercy of the Taliban, just imagine the potential scale of this crisis.

The next two days will decide the course of more than three nations.
my Grandad's next door neighbor was one of the hostages in Iran. This has the possibility of being Saigon/Iran/Mogadishu/Benghazi all rolled into one. What a disaster.

https://triblive.com/local/westmoreland/40-years-later-mt-pleasant-tie-to-iran-hostage-crisis-revisited/
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
nein51
It's arguably worse. We sort of willingly walked in to this. There was no pressure being applied from outside forces. 2,500 US soldiers could have half Afghanistan ad infinitum. All of those other events had precursors. In this case we just sort of asked for this to happen and it was 100% avoidable.
whiterock
nein51 said:

It's arguably worse. We sort of willingly walked in to this. There was no pressure being applied from outside forces. 2,500 US soldiers could have half Afghanistan ad infinitum. All of those other events had precursors. In this case we just sort of asked for this to happen and it was 100% avoidable.
One of the minimum thresholds of adulthood is understanding the concept "hope for the best; prepare for the worst." These numbskulls only got the wrong half of that that right.

That's the price of living the pseudo reality of social justice. You spend so much time with your eye on imaginary problems that you cannot discern the real ones, much less the critical ones.
jupiter

Cobretti
Cobretti
Jacques Strap said:

jupiter

Jack Bauer
NeonBU said:

Jacques Strap said:

Comedy cannot keep up with real life...

Jacques Strap
Taliban keep some evacuees from reaching Kabul airport, as U.S. vows to finish airlift

KABUL, Aug 18 (Reuters) - Armed members of the Taliban kept people desperate to flee Afghanistan from reaching Kabul's airport on Wednesday, witnesses said, while President Joe Biden vowed to keep U.S. troops in the country until all Americans are evacuated.

Since the Taliban entered Kabul over the weekend, scenes of chaos have unfolded as thousands seek to leave, fearing a return to the austere interpretation of Islamic law imposed during the previous Taliban rule that ended 20 years ago.

Witnesses said Taliban members prevented people from getting into the airport compound, including those with the necessary documents to travel.

"It's a complete disaster. The Taliban were firing into the air, pushing people, beating them with AK47s," said one person who was trying to get through.

A Taliban official said commanders and soldiers had fired into the air to disperse crowds outside Kabul airport, but told Reuters: "We have no intention to injure anyone."
Jacques Strap
Two narratives

US says Taliban will allow US citizens safe passage to the Airport (but also says US cannot guarantee safety)
Taliban vows to provide safe passage to Kabul airport, Biden adviser says

Quote:

WASHINGTON, Aug 17 (Reuters) - The Taliban has told the United States it will provide safe passage for civilians to reach the airport in Afghanistan's capital Kabul, U.S. national security adviser Jake Sullivan said on Tuesday.

On the ground reporter and Reuters say Taliban is clearing crowds around the roads at the Airport gates and telling everyone to go home
Reuters: Taliban keep some evacuees from reaching Kabul airport, as U.S. vows to finish airlift

Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
Some people are making it out of Kabul

4th and Inches
Jacques Strap said:

thats because he has something wrong with him. His camp david photo is fake. The clocks are set wrong and Joe has alot more hair on his head in camp david photo than he did during public address before and after camp david photo.
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
The Hill:
Taliban intensify search for Afghans who aided US: report

Quote:

The Taliban are intensifying their search for Afghans who assisted U.S. and British forces in the country and are threatening to kill or arrest their family members, according to a United Nations document seen by The New York Times.

Directly contradicting the Taliban's own assurances that those who fought against them or aided foreign forces would be granted amnesty, the Times reports that the U.N. has found the militant group has a list of people they are seeking to question and punish.

The militant group is reportedly "arresting and/or threatening to kill or arrest family members of target individuals unless they surrender themselves to the Taliban."

Afghan military and police officials, as well as those who worked for the investigative units of the Afghan government, are of particular interest, the Times reports.

The Hill has reached out to the U.N. for comment.

The Taliban have so far sought to indicate publicly that they plan on being more moderate than when they previously ruled Afghanistan in the 1990s.

On Tuesday, the group said it would grant amnesty to all Afghans who opposed them and assisted foreign forces. A Taliban spokesperson also said the group was prepared to allow women opportunities to work and study, inviting them to join their government.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.