Afghanistan What a tragedy!

96,574 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacques Strap said:

State Department Math: 10,000 - 6,000 = 100

Bloomberg: Biden Digs In to Defend Afghanistan Exit, Says Chaos Was Inevitable

August 18, 2021, 5:48 PM CDT
Biden said there were 10,000 to 15,000 Americans in Afghanistan, and said the "estimate we're giving" is 50,000 to 65,000 Afghan allies, including their families.

Blinken Says 'Under 200' Americans Still Want to Leave Afghanistan After Last Troops Depart
8/30/21 AT 7:31 PM EDT
The secretary of state said that around 6,000 Americans had so far been "evacuated or otherwise departed" from Afghanistan amid the chaotic withdrawal, with only a small number still in the country. Blinken pointed out that some Americans may choose to remain.

"We believe there are still a small number of Americans, under 200 and likely closer to 100, who remain in Afghanistan and want to leave,"
Amazing. I never thought I would live to see the day where we would: 1) surrender to terrorists; 2) abandon our citizens for a photo opp. We should all be embarrassed and ashamed. Our government is run by incompetent fools. This will be that idiot TaliBiden's legacy.
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
Forest Bueller_bf
4th and Inches said:

303Bear said:

Last US plane has apparently left Kabul. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/last-plane-carrying-americans-afghanistan-departs-nation-s-longest-war-n1278012

Praying for the best. Seems like if the really bad things are going to start happening, they will happen soon. Appears 100s if not 1000s of Americans left.
we may never know how many as they may be rounded up and never heard from again and the media down plays or ignores it
We will never know how many are left, thousands of Afghans who helped the US, not telling how many Americans. The Military Industrial Complex, though the ground forces are exceptional and are of the bravest people alive, the "Management" section of it is as corrupt as any business "Management" organization.

Don't trust the numbers they give us, just have to pray that those left behind survive and aren't abused, the Taliban seems to be big on torture. The dude "hanging" from the Blackhawk, and the Journalist surrounded by armed Taliban to elicit a certain response from him, seems to be in line with their methods.
Waco1947
Jacques Strap said:

https://people.com/politics/pentagon-says-military-dogs-not-left-behind-in-afghanistan/
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Jacques Strap said:

https://people.com/politics/pentagon-says-military-dogs-not-left-behind-in-afghanistan/
It comes down to who you believe, and why.

I believe the Humane Society, they have no reason to lie. The Pentagon? Oh yes they do.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Jacques Strap
VIDEO CNN: American describes moment she realized she'd been left behind in Afghanistan

CNN's Chris Cuomo speaks with an American citizen still trapped in Afghanistan following the US withdrawal.

American Interpreter Biden Left Behind In Afghanistan: 'I Don't Believe In Anybody Anymore'

Quote:

On Monday night, an American citizen who worked as an interpreter for the American military in Afghanistan but was left behind by President Biden told CNN, "I don't believe in anybody anymore." She added, "I just can't believe no one told me that this is the last flight."

The woman, who spoke with CNN's Chris Cuomo, used the pseudonym "Sara." She had previously told CNN that she fed and took care of 19 children in her house, two of them disabled. She started the interview with Cuomo saying:

Quote:

I just found out that they left. And I was just silent for a little while. And I just went walk around the rooms. And I saw the young kids are sleeping. And they have no clue what happened this morning that the last flight is gone, and we are left behind. It's heartbreaking to see that.
With all this, what's going on, no one heard us that we are in danger, and we need to be safe. It's just heartbreaking. I don't know I just don't even know what to say to you. And what whoever was trying to help me and support me, even they did not tell me that the flight is this is the last flight. So, I still had hope that we will leave. If not all of them are kids, some kids, and some mother, who had disabled kids, I had hope for them, at least they can leave.

Quote:

"Sara" stated that she went to the airport with six kids, that she "went to the gate that the State Department told me to go to." She continued, "They told me that 'Make sure you have your umbrella with you. They will recognize you. Make sure you have a secret code.' I said 'OK, that's fine. I'll have that.' 'And just get to the gate.' I said 'OK.'"

"Sara" claimed that she was knocked out by gas that was thrown, adding, "I was knocked out. And I lost all the young kids. I did not even know where the kids were. And I have a picture of one of the bullets actually, the gas bullet hit one of the kids, and he's hole were ripped. So, that did not help."
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Jacques Strap said:

I believe the Humane Society, they have no reason to lie. The Pentagon? Oh yes they do.
the Humane President " "I am devastated by reports that the American government is pulling out of Kabul and leaving behind brave U.S. military contract working dogs to be tortured and killed at the hand of our enemies. These brave dogs do the same dangerous, lifesaving work as our military working dogs, and deserved a far better fate than the one to which they have been condemned."
She is going on "reports." She offers no proof
Waco1947
" Photos circulating online were animals under the care of the Kabul Small Animal Rescue, not dogs under the care of the U.S. military. Despite an ongoing complicated and dangerous retrograde mission, U.S. forces went to great lengths to assist the Kabul Small Animal Rescue as much as possible."
Wangchung
Don't believe your own eyes and the crates of Belgian Malinious and German Shepherds, believe the Biden administration.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Jacques Strap said:

the Humane President " "I am devastated by reports that the American government is pulling out of Kabul and leaving behind brave U.S. military contract working dogs to be tortured and killed at the hand of our enemies. These brave dogs do the same dangerous, lifesaving work as our military working dogs, and deserved a far better fate than the one to which they have been condemned."
You chose to believe politicians (and Pentagon spokesmen should never be confused with actual combat troops) over people with no reason to lie.

You may even believe that only a 'few hundred' Americans were left behind in Afghanistan, despite everything to the contrary.

You may even believe the Pentagon statement that helicopters were "disabled" to keep the Taliban from using them, even as Blackhawk helicopters are being used to hang interpreters by their neck while flying around Kabul.

Right now, I would not trust a single flag officer in the Military with more than one star. They are all focused on covering their ass, not doing their sworn duty.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Harrison Bergeron
Jacques Strap said:

VIDEO CNN: American describes moment she realized she'd been left behind in Afghanistan

CNN's Chris Cuomo speaks with an American citizen still trapped in Afghanistan following the US withdrawal.

American Interpreter Biden Left Behind In Afghanistan: 'I Don't Believe In Anybody Anymore'

Quote:

On Monday night, an American citizen who worked as an interpreter for the American military in Afghanistan but was left behind by President Biden told CNN, "I don't believe in anybody anymore." She added, "I just can't believe no one told me that this is the last flight."

The woman, who spoke with CNN's Chris Cuomo, used the pseudonym "Sara." She had previously told CNN that she fed and took care of 19 children in her house, two of them disabled. She started the interview with Cuomo saying:

Quote:

I just found out that they left. And I was just silent for a little while. And I just went walk around the rooms. And I saw the young kids are sleeping. And they have no clue what happened this morning that the last flight is gone, and we are left behind. It's heartbreaking to see that.
With all this, what's going on, no one heard us that we are in danger, and we need to be safe. It's just heartbreaking. I don't know I just don't even know what to say to you. And what whoever was trying to help me and support me, even they did not tell me that the flight is this is the last flight. So, I still had hope that we will leave. If not all of them are kids, some kids, and some mother, who had disabled kids, I had hope for them, at least they can leave.

Quote:

"Sara" stated that she went to the airport with six kids, that she "went to the gate that the State Department told me to go to." She continued, "They told me that 'Make sure you have your umbrella with you. They will recognize you. Make sure you have a secret code.' I said 'OK, that's fine. I'll have that.' 'And just get to the gate.' I said 'OK.'"

"Sara" claimed that she was knocked out by gas that was thrown, adding, "I was knocked out. And I lost all the young kids. I did not even know where the kids were. And I have a picture of one of the bullets actually, the gas bullet hit one of the kids, and he's hole were ripped. So, that did not help."

It is a whole new world when the Cuomo News Network is not kissing TaliBiden's butt 24/7 and pretending to be journalists. It must be ready for Brown to take over.
HuMcK
This may actually deserve a standalone thread.
Forest Bueller_bf
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Jacques Strap said:

You chose to believe politicians (and Pentagon spokesmen should never be confused with actual combat troops) over people with no reason to lie.

You may even believe that only a 'few hundred' Americans were left behind in Afghanistan, despite everything to the contrary.

You may even believe the Pentagon statement that helicopters were "disabled" to keep the Taliban from using them, even as Blackhawk helicopters are being used to hang interpreters by their neck while flying around Kabul.

Right now, I would not trust a single flag officer in the Military with more than one star. They are all focused on covering their ass, not doing their sworn duty.
Unfortunately when we saw the General rambling on about "white rage" or whatever is the "new red" for the political branch of the military, you knew their focus had become misdirected from their mission.

Hopefully the dogs are safe, hopefully the thousands of Afghan and Americans left behind are safe and won't be abused. But, like the poor lady on CNN was saying, and poor Cuomo simply didn't know what to say, she said "I don't trust anybody any more". I have a feeling that is exactly what the thousands of abandoned people are feeling right now. They don't trust America, they sure as hell don't trust the Taliban terrorist, they have nobody.
Jacques Strap
Afghan Interpreter Who Helped Rescue Biden in 2008 Left Behind After U.S. Exit

Thirteen years ago, Afghan interpreter Mohammed helped rescue then-Sen. Joe Biden and two other senators stranded in a remote Afghanistan valley after their helicopter was forced to land in a snowstorm. Now, Mohammed is asking President Biden to save him.

"Hello Mr. President: Save me and my family," Mohammed, who asked not to use his full name while in hiding, told The Wall Street Journal as the last Americans flew out of Kabul on Monday. "Don't forget me here."

Mohammed, his wife, and their four children are hiding from the Taliban after his yearslong attempt to get out of Afghanistan got tangled in the bureaucracy. They are among countless Afghan allies who were left behind when the U.S. ended its 20-year military campaign in Afghanistan on Monday.

Mohammed was a 36-year-old interpreter for the U.S. Army in 2008 when two U.S. Army Black Hawk helicopters made an emergency landing in Afghanistan during a blinding snowstorm, according to Army veterans who worked with him at the time. On board were three U.S. senators: Mr. Biden, the Delaware Democrat, John Kerry, (D., Mass.) and Chuck Hagel, (R., Neb.).

As a private security team with the former firm Blackwater and U.S. Army soldiers monitored for any nearby Taliban fighters, the crew sent out an urgent call for help. At Bagram Air Field, Mohammed jumped in a Humvee with a Quick Reaction Force from the Arizona National Guard working with the 82nd Airborne Division and drove hours into the nearby mountains to rescue them, said Brian Genthe, then serving as a staff sergeant in the Arizona National Guard who brought Mohammed along on the rescue mission.
nein51
I love dogs. Like really love dogs. But if the choice is people or dogs then, unfortunately, dogs have to stay and people have to go. Let's have some perspective here.

That said, it appears we did neither. So this just adds to the frustration.
4th and Inches
nein51 said:

I love dogs. Like really love dogs. But if the choice is people or dogs then, unfortunately, dogs have to stay and people have to go. Let's have some perspective here.

That said, it appears we did neither. So this just adds to the frustration.
The last five evac planes that left had plenty a room for the dogs and people..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
4th and Inches
Joe Biden promised the Taliban that the United States would leave by August 31. He also promised American citizens he would stay until he got them out.

In the end, Joe Biden kept his promise to the Taliban and broke his promise to Americans.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Jacques Strap
Begins at 57:45

Jacques Strap
Pregnant American is kicked in stomach by Taliban and forced into hiding after being abandoned by Biden

Quote:

A pregnant American woman is still trapped in Afghanistan after she was forced into hiding when the Taliban blocked her at a checkpoint and kicked her in the stomach as she tried to flee with her husband.

The California couple are among the hundreds of Americans left stranded in Kabul after the final US forces left, despite Biden's promise to evacuate every citizen before the withdrawal deadline.

Before US forces left, Issa said the woman made 'multiple trips' to the airport.

'We've agreed that she's going to stay sheltered in place, hiding her identity and hoping that her friends will continue to bring her food and keep her secret until frankly we can come up with something new,' he said.

Quote:

As recently as three hours ago Issa's team had been working with the trapped American on a 'possible alternative' involving a third party group but was deemed to be 'too dangerous.'

An elderly couple in their 80s are also in contact with the congressman after being trapped in Kabul.
Issa said they 'repeatedly went to the gate, waited at the gate with their blue passports, and did not get in.'

Jacques Strap
Exclusive: Before Afghan collapse, Biden pressed Ghani to 'change perception'

August 31, 20212:06 PM CDT

WASHINGTON, Aug 31 (Reuters) - In the last call between U.S. President Joe Biden and his Afghanistan counterpart before the Taliban seized control of the country, the leaders discussed military aid, political strategy and messaging tactics, but neither Biden nor Ashraf Ghani appeared aware of or prepared for the immediate danger of the entire country falling to insurgents, a transcript reviewed by Reuters shows.

The men spoke for roughly 14 minutes on July 23. On August 15, Ghani fled the presidential palace, and the Taliban entered Kabul. Since then, tens of thousands of desperate Afghans have fled and 13 U.S. troops and scores of Afghan civilians were killed in a suicide bombing at the Kabul airport during the frenetic U.S. military evacuation.

Reuters reviewed a transcript of the presidential phone call and has listened to the audio to authenticate the conversation. The materials were provided on condition of anonymity by a source who was not authorized to distribute it.

In the call, Biden offered aid if Ghani could publicly project he had a plan to control the spiraling situation in Afghanistan. "We will continue to provide close air support, if we know what the plan is," Biden said. Days before the call, the U.S. carried out air strikes to support Afghan security forces, a move the Taliban said was in violation of the Doha peace agreement.

The U.S. president also advised Ghani to get buy-in from powerful Afghans for a military strategy going forward, and then to put a "warrior" in charge of the effort, a reference to Defense Minister General Bismillah Khan Mohammadi.

Biden lauded the Afghan armed forces, which were trained and funded by the U.S. government. "You clearly have the best military," he told Ghani. "You have 300,000 well-armed forces versus 70-80,000 and they're clearly capable of fighting well." Days later, the Afghan military started folding across provincial capitals in the country with little fight against the Taliban.

In much of the call, Biden focused on what he called the Afghan government's "perception" problem. "I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban," Biden said. "And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture."

Biden told Ghani that if Afghanistan's prominent political figures were to give a press conference together, backing a new military strategy, "that will change perception, and that will change an awful lot I think."

The American leader's words indicated he didn't anticipate the massive insurrection and collapse to come 23 days later. "We are going to continue to fight hard, diplomatically, politically, economically, to make sure your government not only survives, but is sustained and grows," said Biden.
The White House Tuesday declined to comment on the call.
STxBear81
We are in trouble with this Administration. Not really sure their purpose, but they clearly have an anti America agenda. Spend tons of money with generations to pay it back (not happening). Give away 80B in Military equipment- who the heck does that? Plus no telling how much cash was exchanged ...Biden doesnt like conflict resolution neither did Obama. They dealt with problems by unloading Planes full of cash. We may as well declare ourselves a Neutral nation like Switzerland. Bunch of panzies running the show.
Jacques Strap
long story. some clips below

In secret texts, U.S. military officials lamented leaving Americans behind in Kabul

President Biden declared to a puzzled country on Tuesday that the U.S. evacuation from Afghanistan was an "extraordinary success," while his Pentagon portrayed a prosaic, workaday process to repatriate Americans still stranded in the war-torn country.

But text messages between U.S. military commanders and private citizens mounting last-minute rescues tell a far different story, one in which pleading American citizens were frantically left behind at the Kabul airport gate this past weekend to face an uncertain fate under Taliban rule while U.S. officials sought to spread the blame between high-ranking generals and the State Department

"We are ******* abandoning American citizens," an Army colonel assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division wrote Sunday in frustration in a series of encrypted messages that detailed the failed effort to extricate a group of American citizens, hours before the last U.S. soldiers departed Afghanistan.

The text messages and emails were provided to Just the News by Michael Yon, a former Special Forces soldier and war correspondent who was among the private citizens working with private networks and the military to rescue stranded Americans.

Yon told Just the News that a group of Americans were abandoned at the Kabul airport, pleading for help as military officials told them they were finished with evacuations.

"We had them out there waving their passport screaming, 'I'm American,'" Yon said Tuesday while appearing on the John Solomon Reports Podcast .

The heart-wrenching scenes unfolded this weekend as the U.S. military prepared to exit the capital city on Monday, leaving both the airport and most of the country under Taliban control.

"People were turned away from the gate by our own Army," Yon said.

After the episode ended and the Americans scattered to safe houses to avoid being captured, Yon wrote a stinging email to an Army major whose team had tried to coordinate the rescue before abandoning it.

"You guys left American citizens at the gate of the Kabul airport," Yon wrote Tuesday to the commander. "Three empty jets paid for by volunteers were waiting for them. You and I talked on the phone. I told you where they were. Gave you their passport images. And my email and phone number. And you left them behind."

Yon's account, backed by three dozen text and email exchanges with frontline Army officials in Afghanistan, stands in sharp contrast to the claims of the Biden White House that U.S. citizens would not be left behind in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.

"I think it's irresponsible to say Americans are stranded," Whte House press secretary Jen Pskai said in an Aug. 23 press briefing. "They are not. We are committed to bringing Americans who want to come home, home." President Joe Biden earlier this month underscored that position, saying that the United States would evacuate every American who wanted to leave the country.

With the American military no longer in Kabul, the Pentagon's chief spokesman, John Kirby, acknowledged Tuesday that Americans in fact were left behind. He described a calm, diplomatic scenario for bringing those
people home.

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.) the top Republican on the Senate permanent subcommittee on investigations, first raised concerns in a letter Monday to the Pentagon that Americans had been knowingly and willingly abandoned. Reached late Tuesday, Johnson told Just the News the text messages confirmed his worst fears and raised questions about whether the Biden administration has been misleading the public.

Jacques Strap
Washington Post, U.S. officials are now "unsure of Mullin's location"

Congressman reacts to WAPO story
I am heading home...

Have we been helping get Americans out of Afghanistan, yes. Is the mission continuing, yes. Am I missing, no. Did I go dark for a little, yes because it wasn't safe to be communicating. Am I extremely disappointed in how we (United States) left Americans behind that would be an understatement. President Biden and his administration are absolutely lying to the American people about Americans and our friends being left behind.
So many great Americans, many who are Veterans and many who are not, are stepping up to keep our promise.. We will never leave an American behind.

https://instagr.am/p/CTRXxr4L-nL
nein51
I'll wait for some confirmation but right this second the emotion I'm feeling is angry sadness. If confirmed then it is just completely unacceptable and a whole bunch of people with stars on their lapels need to be looking for a new retirement plan.
Jacques Strap
nein51 said:

I'll wait for some confirmation but right this second the emotion I'm feeling is angry sadness. If confirmed then it is just completely unacceptable and a whole bunch of people with stars on their lapels need to be looking for a new retirement plan.
I too would like to see Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.) investigate. Will the US commanders at Kabul tell the Senator what they saw? Will they decline to talk for fear of losing their pensions? Time will tell.
Harrison Bergeron
TaliBiden should be imprisoned.
ShooterTX
Harrison Bergeron said:

TaliBiden should be imprisoned.
I would suggest Gitmo
ShooterTX
Jacques Strap
I-TEAM EXCLUSIVE: 3-year-old California boy stranded in Afghanistan

Tuesday, August 31, 2021 10:58AM
Local news video at the link

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- The US troop withdrawal from Afghanistan has stranded between 100 and 200 American citizens who want to return to the states. One of them - a young boy born near Sacramento. I-Team reporter Dan Noyes has an exclusive, frightening story about what lies ahead for the child and his family.

This three-year-old boy was born near Sacramento; his passport shows he is a US citizen, and he's going through a harrowing ordeal right now, unable to escape Afghanistan. We're hiding his identity and that of his father, a social worker, and other family members who are all US permanent residents, for fear of them being captured by the Taliban.

James Brown, Veterans Advocate, told the I-Team, "I received a call Sunday morning at about 6 a.m. from a friend of mine who's an active duty Marine Corps officer stationed overseas, and he basically felt like his hands were tied and he needed some help getting this family out."

James Brown is a veterans advocate who's been working since Sunday morning to get the family safe passage through the Kabul airport to the states. He contacted Representative Jackie Speier and her staff, who jumped into action.

"They've also made numerous phone calls to the White House, to the Secretary of Defense's Office, and to the Secretary of State's office escalating this family's case all the way to the top for us."

Speier wrote a letter To Whom It May Concern, "I believe it is of particular and urgent concern that these individuals be allowed to pass through the gate and be given safe refuge at Hamid Karzai International Airport ... so that they might be available for departure."

Armed with that letter, the boy, his father and several other family members approached the airport, but the Taliban attacked.

Brown said, "And they were stopped by a Taliban checkpoint, and they received physical beatings at the gate and they were pushed back where they had to flee and return to a safe house."

The I-Team spent Monday funneling questions through our ABC News colleagues in Washington to officials at the White House and State Department.

Secretary of State Antony Blinken announced the US Embassy in Kabul will remain closed and the diplomats will be moved to Doha, Qatar, adding, "We will continue our relentless efforts to help Americans, foreign nationals, and Afghans leave Afghanistan if they choose."

So, movement on this on many fronts, including Congresswoman Jackie Speier and her staff. We've scheduled an interview with her for Tuesday and will keep you up to date on the latest information.

Late Monday, the I-Team learned the boy and family are on the move, after linking with other Americans who are desperate to flee Afghanistan -- without the normal channels of the US government, in the chaos that we left behind.

Jacques Strap
Wrecks Quan Dough
Jacques Strap said:

81 million. HA HA!

The entire Biden administration should be impeached.
STxBear81
those clowns will pay trillions for their safety...lol
jupiter

whitetrash
jupiter said:

Every cop is a criminal
All the sinners saints
When heads are tails just call me Lucifer
For I'm in need of some restraint
jupiter

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.