Afghanistan What a tragedy!

96,672 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
jupiter
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Cobretti
jupiter

Cobretti
Cobretti
Porteroso
Afghanistan is a wreck. I wish we could have left it in better shape. I do feel so bad for the women especially, who got to be educated, perform music, play sports, for actually quite a while, and now have to fear for their lives if they aren't already in the US or dead.

You guys are still trying to argue Biden v Trump 38 pages later, but even though they both obviously screwed up, there would never have been a clean exit. Just impossible. And now a million could starve to death... It's just insane.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Porteroso said:

Afghanistan is a wreck. I wish we could have left it in better shape. I do feel so bad for the women especially, who got to be educated, perform music, play sports, for actually quite a while, and now have to fear for their lives if they aren't already in the US or dead.

You guys are still trying to argue Biden v Trump 38 pages later, but even though they both obviously screwed up, there would never have been a clean exit. Just impossible. And now a million could starve to death... It's just insane.

The cherry on top though is Biden and Miley leaving America and 80 billions dollars in military hardware behind. You can own that.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Never Forgive! Never Forget!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Never Forgive! Never Forget!
Did Jesus say that?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
13 young Americans dead due to apathy and incompetence. Never Forgive. Never Forget.

-- Barack Obama
jupiter

jupiter

Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Never forgive. Never forget!!! Thirteen young Americans dead due to incompetent leadership.

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
13 American flag draped caskets. Elections have consequences and cost lives. Ukranian citizens are dying now due to the extreme weakness of Joe Biden.

Never forgive. Never forget.

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86

Ukraine is another tragedy. I sure hope Joe Biden doesn't hurt Putin's feelings!

-- Barack Obama
jupiter
We should absolutely forgive incompetence. There is an easy solution, educate people on more competent solutions.

If you insist on having only competent friends, you're going to run out of friends quickly. We may soon find we need as many friends as possible.

Anyway, incompetence is only a proximate cause. I strongly suspect Putin was largely orchestrating our defeat in Afghanistan here as well.

Maybe these things keep happening because it's taken so long for so many to accurately identify him as a/the primary root cause of so many of the problems we are now facing?
303Bear
jupiter said:

We should absolutely forgive incompetence. There is an easy solution, educate people on more competent solutions.

If you insist on having only competent friends, you're going to run out of friends quickly. We may soon find we need as many friends as possible.

Anyway, incompetence is only a proximate cause. I strongly suspect Putin was largely orchestrating our defeat in Afghanistan here as well.

Maybe these things keep happening because it's taken so long for so many to accurately identify him as a/the primary root cause of so many of the problems we are now facing?
Putin organized the near-immediate retaking of the entire country by the Taliban last August? The same Taliban that has publicly condemned the invasion of Ukraine? I have some lovely beach property in Arizona for sale if you are interested.

As for the rest of your post, you cannot be serious.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
4th and Inches said:

Porteroso said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

One of the central premises of Trump's supposed greatness was removing America from never ending wars. Yet when Biden completes the removal of America from a never ending war, the negative consequences are a sign of Biden's ineptitude.

One cannot find a better illustration of blind partisanship.
It doesn't make sense that policing the region for over 20 years with trillions of dollars and lots of dead soldiers has lead us to a situation where the Taliban is able to quickly organize, position, and execute a nation wide offense under the radar of military intelligence.

We need to stay out of the region because we clearly can't do our job.

One could argue that destabilizing the Middle East is the exact job the US has given itself. We have toppled everything from democracies to terrorist held regions. We destroy everything when we enter. We've taken countries willfully Westernizing themselves, and given them good reason to hate us and devolve into religious zealotry.

I agree we should stay out. Trump's avoidance of war with Iran was his best quality, even if generals did have to talk him out of it more than once. Hoping Biden can avoid new wars too.

The importance of our normal political disagreements pales in comparison to starting wars.
the further we get away from it, the more i think the generals talking him out of it was more fiction than reality..
Never forgive. Never forget! 13 American soldiers and hundreds of Afghan citizens died due to gross incompetence. The knee jerk drone strike by our military that killed 10 Afghan citizens, 7 of which were children, should not be forgotten either.

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Never forgive. Never forget. Page 1 til November of 2022. 13 young Americans dead due to the actions of a man with dementia.

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Never forgive. Never forget!

-- Barack Obama
Cobretti
Cobretti
4th and Inches
Cobretti said:

based on looks of some of the women at roe vs wade protests, i would not oppose this here..
Cobretti
Cobretti
RD2WINAGNBEAR86

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
13 young American soldiers dead due to gross incompetence. Stolen elections have dire consequences. Never forgive. Never forget!

-- Barack Obama
jupiter

Meanwhile Vladimir Trump-ski is slaughtering his own troops faster than they can send body bags to Ukraine. At least we're not as stupid as the Russians....
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
13 American lives snuffed out due to gross incompetence. Never forgive. Never forget.

-- Barack Obama
jupiter
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Fast approaching the one year anniversary of this debacle. Never forgive. Never forget.

-- Barack Obama
Cobretti

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.