Afghanistan What a tragedy!

96,640 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is "pro-war" to the left?

Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Jacques Strap said:

Basement Biden only does scripted Q&A

I dare his handlers to let him to do a Trump style off the cuff Q&A
What's stopping Trump now? I loved to hear some off the cuff.
oh i dont know, maybe the fact he would be arm chair quarterbacking with no authority which isnt helpful and media sensorship.. he could actually hurt the efforts due to peoples TDS
My apologies for not understanding. I do now. Thank you
Jacques Strap
ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Taliban they are all now in Afghanistan.

Jacques Strap
Jack Bauer
So the JV team is back in town?
Jacques Strap
Jack Bauer said:

So the JV team is back in town?
Yep.
jupiter
Quote:

Biden didn't start the Afghan mess nor was he responsible for its operations. But how this ended is all on him as well as the Chair of Joint Chiefs.

Perhaps, but also where's the personal responsibility? Why didn't more people realize it was time to go before waiting for the government to come up with a plan to get them out?
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
jupiter said:

Quote:

Biden didn't start the Afghan mess nor was he responsible for its operations. But how this ended is all on him as well as the Chair of Joint Chiefs.

Perhaps, but also where's the personal responsibility? Why didn't more people realize it was time to go before waiting for the government to come up with a plan to get them out?
Lack of notice I presume. The timeline is very short.
Friday Aug. 6 Taliban take first Afghan provincial capital LINK
Tuesday Aug. 10 - US State Department flies in a regular rotation of diplomats to Kabul LINK
Sunday Aug. 15 - US helicopters evacuate the embassy LINK

Quote:

Aug 6: The Taliban take over the capital of Nimruz province in the south, the first provincial capital to fall to the group since it stepped up attacks on Afghan forces in early May

Quote:

Aug 10: The source and another US official told Reuters that the administration so badly misjudged the situation that the State Department flew a regular rotation of diplomats into Kabul last Tuesday even as the Taliban advanced toward the capital.

Quote:

Aug 15: The chop of U.S. military helicopters whisking American diplomats to Kabul's airport punctuated a frantic rush by thousands of other foreigners and Afghans to flee to safety as well, as a stunningly swift Taliban takeover entered the heart of Afghanistan's capital.
Jacques Strap

Quote:

FIRST ON FOX: An American mom trapped in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan is worried she'll never see her kids again and in hiding with family members and Afghan allies unable to reach Kabul's U.S.-held airport for a chance at an evacuation, she said Saturday.

"I really have given up hope, given up on the hope of going to the airport," the woman, whose identity is being withheld due to concerns for her safety, told Fox News. "It's just not possible to make it through all those people."

She said there are as many as 20 Taliban checkpoints between her and the airport and she's one of an uncertain number of American citizens trapped behind enemy lines.

She was whipped by Taliban fighters on one attempt to get through, she said. A man standing near her was shot in the head on another try, leaving his wife and baby in tears. Since then, she's been in hiding.

She said the situation was dire even hopeless. She would rather commit suicide than allow the Taliban to capture her. And despite Taliban assurances to the U.S. that Americans would be allowed to pass through the checkpoints surrounding the airport, she said she fears showing her U.S. passport to militants who could be members of other terror groups, including ISIS and al Qaeda.

"They're labeled as Taliban, but who really knows?" she said. "They don't have a uniform on, a proper military uniform or law enforcement, where you can recognize them. They're all armed."

She had a message for the president, speaking through tears: "Please, Mr. President, please evacuate us. We need help."

Jacques Strap
nein51
jupiter said:

Quote:

Oh I don't know, maybe the leader of the free world assuring them this wouldn't happen? To the point that regular diplomatic rotations were occurring like a week before.

Did you really just say that though? Did you really just ask for personal accountability?

Because leaving a foreign country on a weeks notice with your personal belongings is super simple. In fact, I think we should probably drop you off there and you can give it a try.

Congratulations though, this board or some form of it, has been around for like 3 decades and that is, without doubt, one of the dumbest posts ever made.
Jacques Strap
Biden to address nation on Afghanistan evacuation Sunday afternoon 4 p.m. EST

President Biden is scheduled to address the nation Sunday afternoon to provide updates on the administration's evacuation efforts in Afghanistan, as pressure continues to mount for his security team to safely transport thousands of Americans and Afghan allies amid growing security threats.

Biden is expected to deliver remarks from the Roosevelt Room at 4 p.m. EST following a closed-door meeting with his national security team in the situation room to receive updates on security in Afghanistan, according to a press schedule shared by the White House Saturday night.
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap

Jack Bauer

US omits Macron's plea for 'moral responsibility' from record of Afghanistan call

French readout of call with Biden included phrase
Macron said of Afghan allies: 'We cannot abandon them'

Jacques Strap
We could sure use Bagram Air base right now.

Wrecks Quan Dough
Is there any indication that a cognizant adult has taken over for China Xoe?
Jacques Strap

ATL Bear
Jacques Strap said:

It can't be stressed enough what a monumentally bad decision shuttering and handing over Bagram was. I don't care if you had high confidence in the Afghan Army, that's the location you leave last.
Jacques Strap
SMH... 15 people on two flights.

Evacuations continued from the Kabul airport on Saturday after a backlog of evacuees caused an 8 hour pause in flights on Friday. The subsequent chaos caused empty flights last night, with two flights carrying just seven and eight people.

jupiter
In this document, the Congressional Budget Office
(CBO) examines the potential capabilities of air-
ships for ISR and airlift missions. In brief, CBO
finds that:
If the speed, payload, and endurance proposed
for unmanned airships can be achieved, the
resulting craft could serve effectively in the ISR
and airlift roles;

Airships' performance characteristics would
provide some advantages and suffer from some
disadvantages relative to those of the conven-
tional aircraft currently used for ISR and airlift
missions; and
Airships would present new operational chal-
lenges such as greater sensitivity to weather
conditions and the need to provide unique
types of maintenance and support.

https://fas.org/irp/program/collect/cbo-airship.pdf

Buddha Bear
Carlos Cruz said:

cms186 said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Taliban is reasserting control. 20 years and 2,500 American deaths.
Thanks to Biden.
Trump is the guy who okayed the withdrawal of any remaining US forces in Afghanistan, but i guess you dont want to blame him?
I blame Bush & Co. Nation Building is for countries that had a nation before we started dropping bombs on them.

I blame every administration since the Vietnam war. The last war worth fighting was the Korean War. Since then it's all been deception and unnecessary intervention.

This Afghanistan debacle will just create another generation of angry forgotten Afghan men in about 10 years, which will inevitably become terrorists
4th and Inches
Throwing people with US visas out of the airport after being inside the gates for 4-5 days and then hearing planes are leaving with 7 and 8 people only? What the F is going on?!
Canon
4th and Inches said:

Throwing people with US visas out of the airport after being inside the gates for 4-5 days and then hearing planes are leaving with 7 and 8 people only? What the F is going on?!

Democrats are in charge. That's what's going on.
HuMcK
Canon said:

4th and Inches said:

The last admin had stopped processing Aghan SIVs entirely by 2020. As in 0, we went from processing 10k SIVs in 2016, to 0 in 2020. They even defied a court order in 2019 to achieve that feat. They were fully prepared to leave all of these people in the lurch. Having a Dem in the White House is quite possibly the only reason they have a chance to get out of Afghanistan.
STxBear81
No plans. Nothing. Biden will talk and lie to us again this afternoon on TV. What a sham.
Canon
HuMcK said:

Canon said:

4th and Inches said:

The last admin had stopped processing Aghan SIVs entirely by 2020. As in 0, we went from processing 10k SIVs in 2016, to 0 in 2020. They even defied a court order in 2019 to achieve that feat. They were fully prepared to leave all of these people in the lurch. Having a Dem in the White House is quite possibly the only reason they have a chance to get out of Afghanistan.

Deflect and excuse make all you like. Biden did this. Biden owns this. Biden made this happen. Biden is an absolute disaster and your dumbass voted for Biden and alllllll this chaos. Congratulations moron.
jupiter

Whiskey Pete
Jacques Strap said:

Biden to address nation on Afghanistan evacuation Sunday afternoon 4 p.m. EST

President Biden is scheduled to address the nation Sunday afternoon to provide updates on the administration's evacuation efforts in Afghanistan, as pressure continues to mount for his security team to safely transport thousands of Americans and Afghan allies amid growing security threats.

Biden is expected to deliver remarks from the Roosevelt Room at 4 p.m. EST following a closed-door meeting with his national security team in the situation room to receive updates on security in Afghanistan, according to a press schedule shared by the White House Saturday night.
To sum what he'll probably say:

"Trump had a plan. I couldn't cancel his plan so I had to follow his plan. Everything that is happening, I knew would happen so everything is going according to the plan; not my plan, but Trump's plan. I don't want more soldiers to die there anymore. I'm for freedom, and the thing, the the thing man, you know the uh, come on man"
Whiskey Pete
Jack Bauer said:

US omits Macron's plea for 'moral responsibility' from record of Afghanistan call

French readout of call with Biden included phrase
Macron said of Afghan allies: 'We cannot abandon them'

Since we've lowered the bar on impeaching presidents over phone calls......
Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

Jacques Strap said:

It can't be stressed enough what a monumentally bad decision shuttering and handing over Bagram was. I don't care if you had high confidence in the Afghan Army, that's the location you leave last.
monumentally bad decision
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap

Bexar Pitts
Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Jacques Strap said:

monumentally bad decision
I don't think there are letters bold enough to emphasize that fact.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.