Afghanistan What a tragedy!

96,629 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Harrison Bergeron said:

Waco1947 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Waco1947 said:

A million moving components and chaos ensues not as a result of Biden but the failure of the Afghan army, the threat and realization of Taliban violence, and the ISIS K bombings..
110,00 people evacuated. And critics here think it was manageable. If so how would you manage it? First on the list how to stop a suicide bomber?
If I ever wonder how people can have blind loyalty to a leader regardless to the cost in human life, freedom, or economics, you always remind me.
"Blind loyalty" is a straw man.
Here's an example of anagram stupidity not the President but military commanders."
"Lt Col Stuart Scheller called attention to remarks from the secretary of defense suggesting the Afghan forces could withstand the Taliban and questioned the advice senior military leaders have been giving the president.

"I'm not saying we've got to be in Afghanistan forever, but I am saying: Did any of you throw your rank on the table and say, 'Hey, it's a bad idea to evacuate Bagram Airfield, a strategic airbase, before we evacuate everyone.' Did anyone do that? And, when you didn't think to do that, did anyone raise their hand and say, 'We completely messed this up?'"

He said there have been questions about whether or not US military personnel who died in the war did so in vain.

Scheller said that "potentially all those people did die in vain if we don't have senior leaders that own up and raise their hand and say 'we did not do this well in the end,'" adding that 'without that we just keep repeating the same mistakes."

The Marine Corps has seen the video but did not say whether or not there will be repercussions for posting it.."
Note the President may have been given bad advice.
If I ever wonder how people can have blind loyalty to a leader regardless to the cost in human life, freedom, or economics, you always remind me.
Once again the straw man - blind loyalty.
trey3216
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

A million moving components and chaos ensues not as a result of Biden but the failure of the Afghan army, the threat and realization of Taliban violence, and the ISIS K bombings..
110,00 people evacuated. And critics here think it was manageable. If so how would you manage it? First on the list how to stop a suicide bomber?
warn other countries, start civilian draw down first, hold bagram until military draw down which is done last. Destroy what we dont take with us. So many things to do differently. Rule number 1 is dont arm your opposition and dont give up a way out aka the military air base
Any war plan goes to hell at first encounter.
I do have a question, why keep it open?
serious? Larger airport, more locations to move people out of..

Lets plan to get 150k people out thru a single runway civil airport in the middle of a major city?! Are you kidding me?!

Don't attempt to reason with him.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Harrison Bergeron
Waco1947 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Waco1947 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Waco1947 said:

Here's an example of anagram stupidity not the President but military commanders."
"Lt Col Stuart Scheller called attention to remarks from the secretary of defense suggesting the Afghan forces could withstand the Taliban and questioned the advice senior military leaders have been giving the president.

"I'm not saying we've got to be in Afghanistan forever, but I am saying: Did any of you throw your rank on the table and say, 'Hey, it's a bad idea to evacuate Bagram Airfield, a strategic airbase, before we evacuate everyone.' Did anyone do that? And, when you didn't think to do that, did anyone raise their hand and say, 'We completely messed this up?'"

He said there have been questions about whether or not US military personnel who died in the war did so in vain.

Scheller said that "potentially all those people did die in vain if we don't have senior leaders that own up and raise their hand and say 'we did not do this well in the end,'" adding that 'without that we just keep repeating the same mistakes."

The Marine Corps has seen the video but did not say whether or not there will be repercussions for posting it.."
Once again straw man.
You keep using that word, but it you do not know what it means clearly.
Jacques Strap
Afghan family names baby girl after U.S. military evacuation plane she was born on
Quote:

The parents of an Afghan baby who was born during an evacuation flight from on Saturday have named their daughter after the U.S. Military aircraft that carried them to safety in Europe. The baby was named Reach, after the C-17 aircraft's call sign, Reach 828.
Jacques Strap
Same government that gave Blackhawks, machine guns and who knows what else to the Taliban.

ATF Targets Stabilizing Braces
Osodecentx
Jack Bauer said:

Just remember that millionaires like Megan Rapinoe and Maria Taylor are victims in American culture...

Wait!
Afghan women have the right to remain silent (outside of the house) and the right to be stoned at the whim of any male in Afghanistan
jupiter

Waco1947
Harrison Bergeron said:

Waco1947 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Waco1947 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Waco1947 said:

Once again straw man.
Yes, I do. The straw man is "blind loyalty."
That's not my premise but your projection on me.
My premise is that closing down an unpopular war with a collapsing Afghan army, warring factions like ISIS K and the Taliban, and a desperate people was always going to a be a monumental task. That's simply reality not some "blind loyalty."
120,000 people out is monumental.
Reality is our Armed Forces, State Department, and others are acting heroically. To say Biden is making the best of a horrible, chaotic situation is not "blind loyalty."
Blind loyalty says "He's great and he's done great."
That's not my premise.
Waco1947
My criticism of Biden
" As for the Biden team, it is hard to imagine a worse morning after for it in Kabul. Its failure to create a proper security perimeter and transition process, in which Afghans who risked their lives to work with us these past two decades could be assured of a safe removal to America not to mention an orderly exit for foreign diplomats, human rights activists and aid workers is appalling and inexplicable."
Thomas Friedman
Appalling is damn right
Jack Bauer
Joy Reid powers - ACTIVATE!!!

Jack Bauer
22 years old.

Jack Bauer
GoldMind
Maybe Crenshaw can post the other 2600 dudes who died for no reason.

He could post the 3000+ that were maimed also.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
trey3216
GoldMind said:

I think Crenshaw has a glass eye that says he can post whatever the F he wants about service and sacrifice.
Freedomb3ar
These soldiers all seem to look very similar.

I pray for anyone having to serve under. This Obama Biden Hologram incompetence

Quislings and weaklings as always
Freedomb3ar
Waco1947 said:

My criticism of Biden
" As for the Biden team, it is hard to imagine a worse morning after for it in Kabul. Its failure to create a proper security perimeter and transition process, in which Afghans who risked their lives to work with us these past two decades could be assured of a safe removal to America not to mention an orderly exit for foreign diplomats, human rights activists and aid workers is appalling and inexplicable."
Thomas Friedman
Appalling is damn right

Elections have consequences. Or maybe more accurately, vote counters have consequences
GoldMind
trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

I think Crenshaw has a glass eye that says he can post whatever the F he wants about service and sacrifice.

Yea he got hurt, makes him better than the rest.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
trey3216
GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

no, means he's in the same shoes
Wangchung
GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

Now who sounds like Trump?
Jack Bauer
GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

You seem nice.
whiterock
Jack Bauer said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

You seem nice.
Trumpesque
Oldbear83
whiterock said:

Jack Bauer said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

You seem nice.
Trumpesque
But without making that kind of money.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Harrison Bergeron
Waco1947 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Waco1947 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Waco1947 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Waco1947 said:

Once again straw man.
Yes, I do. The straw man is "blind loyalty."
That's not my premise but your projection on me.
My premise is that closing down an unpopular war with a collapsing Afghan army, warring factions like ISIS K and the Taliban, and a desperate people was always going to a be a monumental task. That's simply reality not some "blind loyalty."
120,000 people out is monumental.
Reality is our Armed Forces, State Department, and others are acting heroically. To say Biden is making the best of a horrible, chaotic situation is not "blind loyalty."
Blind loyalty says "He's great and he's done great."
That's not my premise.
Then you're just a stupid ****ing moron with your head so up your tribal ass.
AZ_Bear
Waco1947 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Waco1947 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Waco1947 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Waco1947 said:

Once again straw man.
My premise is that closing down an unpopular war with a collapsing Afghan army, warring factions like ISIS K and the Taliban, and a desperate people was always going to a be a monumental task.

Yet Biden treated it like a walk in the park.
Jack Bauer
When the PM of Israel comes to the White House, good time to take a nap.

Wrecks Quan Dough
Jack Bauer said:

When the PM of Israel comes to the White House, good time to take a nap.

Bennett deserves it. Netanyahu should still be Israel's pm and Trump should still be President.
Jack Bauer
jupiter
GoldMind
trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

no, means he's in the same shoes

I wanted to like him, man.

GoldMind
Funny, the KLA are terrorists also, why don't we unrecognize them Dan?

ATL Bear
GoldMind said:

What?
Oldbear83
ATL Bear said:

GoldMind said:

What?
Goldmind trying to out-macho the SEAL. He gets like that sometimes, don't worry about it.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
GoldMind
Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

GoldMind said:

What?
Goldmind trying to out-macho the SEAL. He gets like that sometimes, don't worry about it.

He's my rep.
Freedomb3ar
Jack Bauer said:

So now they are just saying they expect an attack to come so they can say "this doesn't surprise us" but of course does nothing to avoid Biden murdering more people.
Wangchung
Freedomb3ar said:

Jack Bauer said:

So now they are just saying they expect an attack to come so they can say "this doesn't surprise us" but of course does nothing to avoid Biden murdering more people.
Afterwards they blow up a truck and yell, "got em!!!" and the majority of the media acts like that fixes everything.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.