Afghanistan What a tragedy!

96,586 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
HuMcK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's really the only thing Biden should get dinged for here, we should have had US personnel out already, but they are there trying to fulfill Biden's promise to evacuate the Afgans who helped us. Maybe this is cold and cruel, but those people have known we were leaving for a good while now, seems like a lot of them didn't think it would happen because Biden would have us stay and acted accordingly.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Biden takes the issue seriously and is trying to get as many people vaccinated as possible so we can finally be done with this stupid virus.
This is an unreasonable expectation. Herd immunity is not possible. We're not going to be done with this stupid virus in our lifetimes.

You have an unrealistic and elementary view of reality. Just like you believing the Afghan government can just handle the situation with just a little US federal involvement. Ugh.
HuMcK
The only reason it became unrealistic is because of people like you who oppose getting vaccinated out of spite. Weird how most of the hospitalizations and deaths are unvaccinated people, huh? Last month in Texas 99.5% of COVID deaths were unvaccinated, but sure, keep telling yourself those deaths were unavoidable if it makes you feel better about your shtty politicization of a pandemic.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

The only reason it became unrealistic is because of people like you who oppose getting vaccinated out of spite. Weird how most of the hospitalizations and deaths are all unvaccinated people, huh? Last month in Texas 99.5% of COVID deaths were unvaccinated, but sure, keep telling yourself those deaths were unavoidable if it makes you feel better about your shtty politicization of a pandemic.
I don't oppose vaccination. I've been vaccinated.
Thee University
Osodecentx said:

Not sure why it is so important to blame someone else for every bad thing that happens. Let's get our people out and learn from the experience.
Blaming someone else for our military screw-ups is an American tradition.

Politicians in DC and the military industrial complex are to blame and we will NEVER learn from the experience until the sons and daughters of these sad excuses of Americans are sent to fight their daddy's and grandfather's "wars".

Send the children of these people making $$$ off of our "wars" to the front lines and watch what happens.

Some folks are born made to wave the flag
They're red, white and blue
And when the band plays "Hail to the Chief"
They point the cannon at you, Lord
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no senator's son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate one

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand
Lord, don't they help themselves, yeah
But when the taxman comes to the door
The house look a like a rummage sale
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no millionaire's son, no, no
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate one

Yeah, some folks inherit star-spangled eyes
They send you down to war
And when you ask 'em, "How much should we give?"
They only answer, "More, more, more"
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no military son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate one, one
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate one
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate one
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
HuMcK
Good for you, the rest of the comment still operates: 99.5% of COVID deaths are unvaccinated. A vaccination rate around 70% or more would put a stop to that.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Good for you, the rest of the comment still operates: 99.5% of COVID deaths are unvaccinated. A vaccination rate around 70% or more would put a stop to that.
It's not that simple.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/health/covid-herd-immunity-vaccine.html
4th and Inches
HuMcK said:

Almost half of the current caseload comes from 2 large states with GOP governors who take pride in fighting Biden on every issue, including COVID, just because, so I mostly blame Abbott and DeSantis for their actions. Biden takes the issue seriously and is trying to get as many people vaccinated as possible so we can finally be done with this stupid virus. In contrast, Trump got blamed for COVID because his dumb ass was on camera suggesting to inject disinfectants and shine UV lights in people's bodies, among other embarrassing episodes like e.g. the time he got sick enough to be hospitalized because of his own carelessness.
if you mean texas, you better have a massive Asterix next to it. Bidens border policy has a big role in the surge in Texas, especially since they are shipping the unvaxed immigrants to other major cities in Texas. Good news is that at least part of Bidens policy got blasted out of court, Trumps wait in Mexico policy got re-instated.

Pushing more lies about the disinfectant comment..

Cant get past your TDS, sad..

Science says we will never be done with this stupid virus. We will beat this one like we beat the common cold and the flu..
Jacques Strap

Helicopters busily rescued personnel from the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, on Sunday, just weeks after President Joe Biden promised that there was "no circumstance" in which that spectacle, remembered from Vietnam, would recur.
Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

HuMcK said:

Almost half of the current caseload comes from 2 large states with GOP governors who take pride in fighting Biden on every issue, including COVID, just because, so I mostly blame Abbott and DeSantis for their actions. Biden takes the issue seriously and is trying to get as many people vaccinated as possible so we can finally be done with this stupid virus. In contrast, Trump got blamed for COVID because his dumb ass was on camera suggesting to inject disinfectants and shine UV lights in people's bodies, among other embarrassing episodes like e.g. the time he got sick enough to be hospitalized because of his own carelessness.
if you mean texas, you better have a massive Asterix next to it. Bidens border policy has a big role in the surge in Texas, especially since they are shipping the unvaxed immigrants to other major cities in Texas. Good news is that at least part of Bidens policy got blasted out of court, Trumps wait in Mexico policy got re-instated.

Science says we will never be done with this stupid virus. We will beat this one like we beat the common cold and the flu..
Biden's border policy results in Covid's spread? What's the data?
Jacques Strap
SSadler
This thread has run it's gamut of free opinions freely shared. When you regurgitate the same statements time and again, IN CAPS, you don't deserve any more free hearing.

Put something new into the mix, . . . or get outta here and stop this sh*thole of a derailed and inflamed thread.

just my humble opinion
Waco1947
Talibans want to seek "term of peaceful transition."
What is Pakistan's role?
JXL
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

HuMcK said:

https://www.borderreport.com/health/coronavirus/laredo-sending-busloads-of-migrants-to-austin-and-houston-without-testing-for-coronavirus/
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
This latest debacle proves without a doubt that Joe Biden has the Fecal Touch. Everything he touches turns to s h i t!! Sadly, American lives will be lost due to his piss poor decision making.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Jacques Strap

Quote:

The rapid crumbling of the country has caught the Biden White House flat footed on Saturday. After pulling out almost all of the 2,500 servicemembers there when he took office President Biden said that he would deploy more US troops, 5,000 US troops now total for the limited mission of getting Americans and others fleeing safely out of Kabul.

Helicopters overhead sources tell CNN this morning that a total evacuation of American from our embassy in Kabul is well underway and should be completed by Tuesday.

Biden's team botched this so bad he is having to send back twice the number of people he pulled out.

Obama: Don't underestimate Joe's ability to (expletive) things up'
Jacques Strap
The Hill: "That's it. It's over," a U.S. official told Fox News, referring to Ghani's departure.

PartyBear
The war was going to end this way whether it occurred 10 years ago, now or if presidents kept punting it to the next POTUS for another 20 years from now. 20 years ago on Baylorfans there were several warning those critics here now who were cheer leaders then that this would be what we have at the end of it. We were not going to create an Arab version of the UK there. Our objective at the beginning should have been far more limited than a land war with nation building as the agenda. I am not an isolationist by any stretch btw.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

HuMcK said:

get your head out of the sand, this has been discussed on this board in the last 2 weeks that we have been shipping hundreds of immigrants actoss Texas that are covid positive.

Just remember, the same govt that assured us that the Afgan govt/military could handle the US pull out (overrun so quickly we barely got out after being reinforced with thousands of US troops) tells us there is no US border crisis.
Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

HuMcK said:

get your head out of the sand, this has been discussed on this board in the last 2 weeks that we have been shipping hundreds of immigrants actoss Texas that are covid positive.
The discussion is fact free What's the data?
Jack Bauer
If Biden can take credit for a vaccine he had nothing to do with, he can take blame for Afghanistan as well.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

HuMcK said:

"officials in McAllen and Hidalgo County declared a local state of disaster due to rising numbers of COVID-19 cases and limited capacity in holding facilities."

Easy to look up

Yahoo news august 4th

Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

HuMcK said:

"officials in McAllen and Hidalgo County declared a local state of disaster due to rising numbers of COVID-19 cases and limited capacity in holding facilities."

Easy to look up

Yahoo news august 4th

My apologies. You were right
Bexar Pitts
ATL Bear said:

The question isn't about the right/wrong of the exit, but the poor planning of the actual departure. I have a friend at the Kabul airport right now. It's getting very real.
I wish a safe exit for your friend...understand through some unverified news reports that the Airport area is getting hairy now. To be expected..I don't think it's possible to have a "safe zone" anywhere in Kabul at this moment.
Osodecentx
SSadler said:

This thread has run it's gamut of free opinions freely shared. When you regurgitate the same statements time and again, IN CAPS, you don't deserve any more free hearing.

Put something new into the mix, . . . or get outta here and stop this sh*thole of a derailed and inflamed thread.

just my humble opinion
My opinion as well.

Well said, hear, hear
jupiter

jupiter
We did get Bin Laden and deny Afghanistan to Al Qaeda for 20 years. Counter Terrorism mission was largely a success, but unfortunately devolved into a counter insurgency mission.

Does the Taliban let Al Qaeda back in and if so will we go after any Al Qaeda training camps that pop up?
ATL Bear
Bexar Pitts said:

ATL Bear said:

The question isn't about the right/wrong of the exit, but the poor planning of the actual departure. I have a friend at the Kabul airport right now. It's getting very real.
I wish a safe exit for your friend...understand through some unverified news reports that the Airport area is getting hairy now. To be expected..I don't think it's possible to have a "safe zone" anywhere in Kabul at this moment.
Just got another update from his wife. He's still not out and the airport situation is getting tenuous not to mention street security. He's a "dude" in all senses of the word (FBI Counter terrorism), but they're talking alternative exfil scenarios now.
BylrFan
ATL Bear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

ATL Bear said:

Just got another update from his wife. He's still not out and the airport situation is getting tenuous not to mention street security. He's a "dude" in all senses of the word (FBI Counter terrorism), but they're talking alternative exfil scenarios now.

Can he not contact nearest US embassy/consulate
/official ?
4th and Inches
BylrFan said:

ATL Bear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

ATL Bear said:

/official ?
they are screwed too.. been ordered to shelter in place last I heard. No place to go, hopefully the 6000 troops we sending over there can get everyone out..
ATL Bear
BylrFan said:

ATL Bear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

ATL Bear said:

/official ?
He's in contact with folks higher than that, military, etc. They're all trying to plan a way out. He also has people he's responsible for. The "interesting" thing to think about is a number of people in that prison at Bagram the Taliban set free were put there by him and his team.
jupiter

Bexar Pitts
4th and Inches said:

BylrFan said:

ATL Bear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

ATL Bear said:

/official ?
they are screwed too.. been ordered to shelter in place last I heard. No place to go, hopefully the 6000 troops we sending over there can get everyone out..
"Shelter in place" is not welcome news..Evacuation planning is obviously fluid and will be determined on a minute to minute basis..God help our people if it quickly turns 'hot." Trusting the Taliban is not an ideal way to formulate evacuation scenarios.
Oldbear83
Bexar Pitts said:

4th and Inches said:

BylrFan said:

ATL Bear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

ATL Bear said:

/official ?
"Shelter in place" is not welcome news..Evacuation planning is obviously fluid and will be determined on a minute to minute basis..God help our people if it quickly turns 'hot." Trusting the Taliban is not an ideal way to formulate evacuation scenarios.
What happens in the next two weeks will impact US foreign policy for the next 5 years at least.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
BearTruth13
Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

The rapid crumbling of the country has caught the Biden White House flat footed on Saturday. After pulling out almost all of the 2,500 servicemembers there when he took office President Biden said that he would deploy more US troops, 5,000 US troops now total for the limited mission of getting Americans and others fleeing safely out of Kabul.

Helicopters overhead sources tell CNN this morning that a total evacuation of American from our embassy in Kabul is well underway and should be completed by Tuesday.

Biden's team botched this so bad he is having to send back twice the number of people he pulled out.

Obama: Don't underestimate Joe's ability to (expletive) things up'

Gotta give Tapper credit for calling the Biden admin out

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.