Afghanistan What a tragedy!

96,616 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
drahthaar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Biden didn't start the Afghan mess nor was he responsible for its operations. But how this ended is all on him as well as the Chair of Joint Chiefs.
nein51
Assuming this is truth then it's completely unacceptable and some people with stars on their shoulders need canned.

Keep getting people out. The blame game here is going to be a long process. I just want people out who want out.
GrowlTowel
GoldMind said:

Oldbear83 said:

"China is not in the habit of starting **** with their neighbors"

Actually, yes they are.

China decided, for example, that they wanted the South China Sea for their own fishing industry, and the PLAN attacked and sank fishing boats from Vietnam

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-vietnam-china-southchinasea/vietnam-protests-beijings-sinking-of-south-china-sea-boat-idUSKBN21M072

and the Philippines,

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/12/world/asia/philippines-china-fishing-boat.html

and has repeatedly threatened Taiwan with invasion.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world-report/articles/2021-04-09/china-issues-new-threats-to-taiwan-the-islands-military-wont-stand-a-chance

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-drills-near-taiwan-chinese-media-warns-us-wont-help-2021-8

China also threatened Japan for 'interfering' when Japan complained about China drilling for oil in international waters near Japan, claiming Japan was 'infringing' on China's 'sovereignty'.

https://www.ft.com/content/0bc4fe08-7683-11e7-90c0-90a9d1bc9691

China even got into actual military battles with India just last year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E2%80%932021_China%E2%80%93India_skirmishes

China is an aggressive and hostile power intent on controlling Asia as a Hegemony.

Literally none of what you posted involves a large scale military action.
A skirmish is exactly that.

They can "threaten" all they want.

My point is that y'all are terrified of China and don't have much to substantiate it.

Same bull**** Cold War mentality that won't ever die. Puke.
Lebron? Is that you?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
nein51 said:

Assuming this is truth then it's completely unacceptable and some people with stars on their shoulders need canned.

Keep getting people out. The blame game here is going to be a long process. I just want people out who want out.
I want them out also.

I am a little pessimistic at this point and fear in the coming days the Biden administration will say something like:

"every American or Afghan who wanted to leave was given the opportunity by the Taliban to freely travel to the Airport and be evacuated by the Air Force. Those that remained in Afghanistan did not want to leave."
GoldMind
Jacques Strap said:

nein51 said:

I want them out also.

I am a little pessimistic at this point and fear in the coming days the Biden administration will say something like:

"every American or Afghan who wanted to leave was given the opportunity by the Taliban to freely travel to the Airport and be evacuated by the Air Force. Those that remained in Afghanistan did not want to leave."
In the meantime, Pakistan, our alleged ally, is sitting with their popcorn watching us squirm.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
HuMcK
One small silver lining to leaving Afghanistan and no longer needing to bribe Pakistan, we may start realigning more closely to India. I guess what I'm saying is, they especially can choke on that popcorn.
HuMcK
HuMcK said:

This feels weird to say, but it's true. Trump's election lies have proven to be far more dangerous to Americans in the homeland than the Taliban ever could be. No Taliban fighter ever breached the Capitol and threatened Congress like Trump's supporters did based on his lies. Incidentally, it was those lies that got him banned.

Yeah, so like I was saying...
Jacques Strap
Could be the fuel costs are how they are paying the bribes to the Taliban to allow US to continue to operate the airport. Taliban could shut that airport down any time they choose to.

HuMcK
HuMcK said:

Fck that lying ass "bunch of grandparents" talk, Oathkeepers, Proud Boys, III%ers are all straight up militia groups, and they were all there.

It wasn't any Afghans that carried out 9/11 attacks. The Taliban basically have no reach, or desire to reach, outside of Afghan/Pakistan. Meanwhile your boy Trump is trying his damndest to radicalize his own version of Taliban-like militants here at home, they already tried their own version of a Munich Pusch and Trump has shown no signs of de-escalating his rhetoric (hence social media Twitter ban). People like Wuzzy, or Curtpenn who advocate violence against "the left" are far more dangerous to me here in Texas than Abdul Baradar is 7000 miles away.

Yup, who could see that coming...

"It's like on the battlefield because this is warfare," Flynn said at the 12-hour June event at the top of One World Trade Center. "This is warfare that we are in."
GrowlTowel
HuMcK said:

HuMcK said:

This feels weird to say, but it's true. Trump's election lies have proven to be far more dangerous to Americans in the homeland than the Taliban ever could be. No Taliban fighter ever breached the Capitol and threatened Congress like Trump's supporters did based on his lies. Incidentally, it was those lies that got him banned.

Yeah, so like I was saying...

Check your post for racism.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Oldbear83
GoldMind said:

Jacques Strap said:

nein51 said:

I want them out also.

In the meantime, Pakistan, our alleged ally, is sitting with their popcorn watching us squirm.
Hope it's pork rinds, not popcorn.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Osodecentx
Jacques Strap said:

nein51 said:

I want them out also.

"If you want to leave Afghanistan, you're free to live Afghanistan"
Jacques Strap
These reporters are betting their lives on credentials issued by the Taliban commanders and the discipline of the Taliban grunts on the ground. I appreciated the reports, but these guys are taking huge risks to do on the street reporting.

Quote:

"Inside the airport it is secure and calm but just yards away a completely different picture".

"many flight leaving half empty because people can't get to the airport."

Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap

ATL Bear
HuMcK said:

HuMcK said:

Fck that lying ass "bunch of grandparents" talk, Oathkeepers, Proud Boys, III%ers are all straight up militia groups, and they were all there.

It wasn't any Afghans that carried out 9/11 attacks. The Taliban basically have no reach, or desire to reach, outside of Afghan/Pakistan. Meanwhile your boy Trump is trying his damndest to radicalize his own version of Taliban-like militants here at home, they already tried their own version of a Munich Pusch and Trump has shown no signs of de-escalating his rhetoric (hence social media Twitter ban). People like Wuzzy, or Curtpenn who advocate violence against "the left" are far more dangerous to me here in Texas than Abdul Baradar is 7000 miles away.

"It's like on the battlefield because this is warfare," Flynn said at the 12-hour June event at the top of One World Trade Center. "This is warfare that we are in."

Wrong thread. And stop replying to your own posts too.
Jacques Strap
UK Para2 troops are going into Kabul to rescue UK citizens.

US troops are not, thus half empty planes leaving Kabul.

The Pentagon was pressed Thurs to explain why the U.S. isn't rescuing Americans outside Kabul airport when British Paratroopers are

"At this time, our main mission continues to be to secure HKIA, to allow those US citizens & other SIVs to come in & be processed at the airfield."

Jacques Strap
Osodecentx
Jacques Strap said:

$715 billion (DOD budget) just doesn't go as far as it used to
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap

Aug. 18, 2021 - 15:59 - Haroon, a U.S. citizen stranded in Kabul, discusses the struggle his family is facing in trying to leave the country.

"no one wants to say to the Taliban 'hey I'm an American. I need to get to the airport'"

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6268461907001#sp=show-clips
Whiskey Pete
ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

HuMcK said:

Wrong thread. And stop replying to your own posts too.
To be fair, I think humckleberry has completely lost his mind over trying to accept biden's fubar'd mess. He's still in stage 1 - denial.

In an effort to deflect biden's blame onto someone else, the last few days he's feverishly tried to throw as much crap against the wall hoping for something, anything to stick. Unfortunately for him, he's only ended up with sh-it all over his hands.
boognish_bear
GoldMind
Osodecentx said:

Jacques Strap said:

$715 billion (DOD budget) just doesn't go as far as it used to

It'll damn sure let us prop up camp Bondsteel for 20+ years for no reason whatsoever
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
jupiter

jupiter

GoldMind
My aunt, who is 100% team Biden, posted this on her Facebook:

Ok, imma stir the pot here, but I have to say this:
We needed to get out of Afghanistan.
Completely.
Full stop.
Yes I am worried about those left behind. Yes I wish we had left years ago.
Here's my reasoning.
Suppose you had a neighbor who was being abused, physically and mentally, by his or her spouse. The kids were also being abused. Being the kind person you are, you offer to take the abused person and the kids to a shelter. They agree, and you slip away while the abuser is at work.
When the abuser returns home from work, he/she finds out what happened and beats the windows out of your car with a baseball bat.
You swallow hard, bite your lip, and your insurance fixes the car. A few days later, the spouse and kids leave the shelter and return back home to their abuser, who is ok for a little while.
Two months later, same scenario: shelter, baseball bat, fix car, family back together a few days later.
This goes on for two years.
Question: at what point do you say "there's no future in this. I cannot help these people. I need to leave them alone. Nothing will change because of my actions, and doing this is hurting me. I am done here"

That is the situation in Afghanistan.
You are the USA.
The abusive neighbor is the Taliban, and the spouse and kids are the Afghani population.
(Note that not all citizens there want the Taliban back, but much like your neighbor's kids, they are just along for the ride and cannot change anything.)
Canon
We left the husband alive and handed him an arsenal of weapons. We need to burn down the house and walk away in slow motion as the gas line explodes and Lynyrd Skynyrd plays in the background.
GoldMind
Canon said:

We left the husband alive and handed him an arsenal of weapons. We need to burn down the house and walk away in slow motion as the gas line explodes and Lynyrd Skynyrd plays in the background.
I told her we could have never moved to the ****ty ass neighborhood in the first place, but yea....thats good, boomski.
Oldbear83
GoldMind said:

Canon said:

I told her we could have never moved to the ****ty ass neighborhood in the first place, but yea....thats good, boomski.
If we were going to leave all those weapons behind, at least we could have installed a certain red button on 'em.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
4th and Inches
ABC World News reports US Embassy sent cable communication JULY 13 with urgent need to airlift Americans and allies out.

Gross incompetence at the highest levels!
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Unfortunately Joe Biden was your ride to the Abused Women/ Children's Shelter but apparently he was too busy or uninterested and called on his friend (The Taliban) to get you there. What could possibly go wrong?

That being said, I am sure your Mom has good intentions and a good heart.

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Jack Bauer
Jacques Strap

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.