Afghanistan What a tragedy!

96,588 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jacques Strap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As US military sticks to airport, British and French forces are rescuing their citizens in Kabul: reports

Quote:

As the Defense Department continues to stick to its plans of not reaching out into Kabul to assist U.S. personnel and Afghan helpers evacuate, British and French forces have done so to rescue their citizens, multiple outlets report.

The Daily Mail reported that London deployed an additional 300 troops to Kabul specifically to extract trapped British nationals earlier in the week. Within hours of touching down in Kabul, the British troops retrieved some 200 British nationals from around Kabul, the Telegraph reported. Prompting the mission were reports of Taliban hunting down former Afghan government officials, along with Britons stuck behind a web of Taliban checkpoints lining the route to the airport.

Additionally, France 24 reports that the French military has been conducting similar operations since Monday. French President Emmanuel Macron thanked French security forces on Twitter for executing a 'sensitive operation' which evacuated more than 200 French and Afghans.

Jacques Strap
Pentagon slammed for keeping US troops back amid UK, French rescues in Afghanistan

"But if the British can take their paratroopers and they can get in vehicles and go get their people and get them to the airport, why can't the US do that?" host Bret Baier asked.

"We have not seen any great impediments to the safe passage that the Taliban have agreed to facilitate," Pentagon press secretary John Kirby insisted. "Americans are getting through those checkpoints and they are getting onto the base the airfield, and they are being flown out of Kabul. I won't speak to potential future operations that may or may not be conducted. What I can tell you is the operation we're conducting now, and that is to keep that airfield open and running and Americans are getting through the lines. They are getting onto planes."

HuMcK
You've posted that same story about the French and Brits going out but not us at least a half a dozen times in this thread. Not sure how it squares with the story below, where we (US mil) went out and picked up an Afgan police chief to evacuate him and his family. The article says other missions are ongoing, but they can't discuss details.
Whiskey Pete
Jacques Strap said:

I could be wrong, but do I see Stark Industries printed on the side of the guns?

Oh and Nike on their clothes?
Jacques Strap
HuMcK said:

You've posted that same story about the French and Brits going out but not us at least a half a dozen times in this thread. Not sure how it squares with the story below, where we (US mil) went out and picked up an Afgan police chief to evacuate him and his family. The article says other missions are ongoing, but they can't discuss details.

Posting from CNN, NY Post, New York Times, WSJ, Fox News, NBC, Dem tweets, Rep tweets, reporters on the ground and more.
Leaving it up to you to you to decide what is true and what is not.
If a moderator tells me to stop I will. Until then you can put me on ignore if seeing these posts bothers you.
HuMcK
I'm not bothered by the frequency, I'm questioning the veracity. It's clear that you have an agenda on this issue, otherwise you wouldn't post the same story over and over again, and that's perfectly fine but at least include the whole picture.
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
BBC

DioNoZeus
HuMcK said:

I'm not bothered by the frequency, I'm questioning the veracity. It's clear that you have an agenda on this issue, otherwise you wouldn't post the same story over and over again, and that's perfectly fine but at least include the whole picture.
Oldbear83
Rawhide said:

Jacques Strap said:

I could be wrong, but do I see Stark Industries printed on the side of the guns?

Oh and Nike on their clothes?

You're half right.

They are wearing Nikes, but the weapons are from Apple, the new iGun Pro.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Jacques Strap
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/08/20/world/biden-afghanistan-taliban

Quote:

The United States has rushed troops and diplomatic reinforcements to the Kabul airport in recent days to speed up visa processing for Afghans. American commanders are negotiating daily with their Taliban counterparts the former insurgents they battled for nearly two decades to ensure that evacuees can reach the airport.

Quote:

But the reassurances from Washington belie the fear and futility on the ground.

Thousands are waiting fearfully outside the airport gates, where Taliban soldiers have attacked people with sticks and rifle butts. As Afghans clutching travel documents camped outside amid Taliban checkpoints and tangles of concertina wire, anxious crowds were pressed up against blast walls, with women and children being hoisted into the arms of U.S. soldiers on the other side.

Jacques Strap
Forest Bueller
Jacques Strap said:

This is so very sad. #1 These women know what is coming, so much they will give up their child.

#2 Some of the children didn't clear the wire and got thrown into the wires.

The British soldiers said it was terrible as you could imagine.
whitetrash
Jacques Strap said:

That looks like a mugshot of a Congressional intern who got hauled in for DUI.
Jacques Strap
Forest Bueller
whitetrash said:

Jacques Strap said:

Looks like the new catch phrase is "the president is laser focused".
Jacques Strap
Forest Bueller said:

whitetrash said:

Jacques Strap said:

Looks like the new catch phrase is "the president is laser focused".
"laser focused" = new press corps drinking game
Jacques Strap

jupiter
Jacques Strap

Jacques Strap
whitetrash
Jacques Strap said:

Instead of Baghdad Bob we get Kabul Katie.

And does she not own a hairbrush? Is that somehow a tool of the oppressive patriarchy?
Osodecentx
whitetrash said:

Jacques Strap said:

Instead of Baghdad Bob we get Kabul Katie.

And does she not own a hairbrush? Is that somehow a tool of the oppressive patriarchy?

Media fellow travelers
Jacques Strap
AUGUST 20, 2021
President Biden Remarks on Afghanistan Evacuations
President Biden speaks about military efforts to evacuate Americans and Afghans in Afghanistan after the Taliban seized control. He also responds to questions from reporters.

CSPAN replay

https://www.c-span.org/video/?514188-1/president-biden-remarks-afghanistan-evacuations

Osodecentx
Jacques Strap said:

Biden speaking now

Jacques Strap
*This text was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.

THANK YOU, MR. PRESIDENT. TWO QUESTIONS. THE MILITARY HAS SECURED THE AIRPORT, BUT WILL YOU SIGN OFF ON SENDING U.S. TROOPS INTO KABUL TO EVACUATE AMERICANS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET TO THE AIRPORT SAFELY?

WE HAVE NO INDICATION THAT THEY HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET, IN COUPLE, THROUGH THE AIRPORT. WE HAVE MADE AN AGREEMENT WITH THE TALIBAN, AND THEY HAVE ALLOWED THEM TO GO THROUGH. WE KNOW IF NO CIRCUMSTANCE WHERE AMERICAN CITIZENS THAT ARE CARRYING AN AMERICAN PASSPORT ARE TRYING TO GET THROUGH THROUGH THE AIRPORT. BUT WE WILL DO WHATEVER NEEDS TO BE DONE TO SEE TO IT THEY GET THERE.

Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap said:

*This text was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.

THANK YOU, MR. PRESIDENT. TWO QUESTIONS. THE MILITARY HAS SECURED THE AIRPORT, BUT WILL YOU SIGN OFF ON SENDING U.S. TROOPS INTO KABUL TO EVACUATE AMERICANS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET TO THE AIRPORT SAFELY?

WE HAVE NO INDICATION THAT THEY HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET, IN COUPLE, THROUGH THE AIRPORT. WE HAVE MADE AN AGREEMENT WITH THE TALIBAN, AND THEY HAVE ALLOWED THEM TO GO THROUGH. WE KNOW IF NO CIRCUMSTANCE WHERE AMERICAN CITIZENS THAT ARE CARRYING AN AMERICAN PASSPORT ARE TRYING TO GET THROUGH THROUGH THE AIRPORT. BUT WE WILL DO WHATEVER NEEDS TO BE DONE TO SEE TO IT THEY GET THERE.

Quote:

THANK YOU, MR. PRESIDENT. I WANT TO FOLLOW UP ON SOMETHING YOU SAID, THAT THERE IS NO CIRCUMSTANCES WERE AMERICAN CITIZENS CANNOT GET TO THE AIRPORT. THAT DOES NOT REALLY SQUARE OF THE IMAGES WE ARE SEEING AROUND THE AIRPORT AND THE REPORTING ON THE GROUND FROM OUR COLLEAGUES WHO ARE DESCRIBING CHAOS AND VIOLENCE. ARE YOU SAYING THAT ANY AMERICAN WHO WANTS TO GET TO THE AIRPORT IS IN THERE AND GETTING PAST THE SECURITY BARRIER AND TO THE PLANES?

I THOUGHT THE QUESTION WAS, HOW CAN THEY GET THROUGH TO THE AIRPORT OUTSIDE THE AIRPORT? AND THE ANSWER IS, TO THE BEST OF OUR KNOWLEDGE, THE TALIBAN CHECKPOINTS, THEY ARE LETTING THROUGH PEOPLE SHOWING AMERICAN PASSPORTS. NOW THAT IS A DIFFERENT QUESTION WHEN YOU GET INTO THE RUSHING CROWD OF ALL THE FOLKS JUST OUTSIDE THE WALL NEAR THE AIRPORT. THAT IS WHY WE HAD TO -- I GUESS, WAS IT YESTERDAY OR THE DAY BEFORE, WE WENT OVER THE WALL AND BROUGHT IN -- HOW MANY? 169 AMERICANS. SO IT IS A PROCESS TO TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW WE DEAL WITH THE MAD RUSH OF NON-AMERICANS, THOSE WHO DID NOT HELP, THOSE WHO ARE NOT ON THE PRIORITY LIST, JUST ANY AFGHAN, ANY AFGHAN TO BE ABLE TO GET OUT OF THE COUNTRY. SO MY GUESS IS THAT, NO MATTER WHAT, UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCE, THERE IS NOT A WHOLE LOT OF AFGHANI'S -- THERE IS A WHOLE LOT OF AFGHANIS WHO WOULD JUST ASSUME COME TO AMERICA, WHETHER THERE WAS ANY INVOLVEMENT WITH THE UNITED STATES IN THE PAST AT ALL, RATHER THAN STAY UNDER TALIBAN RULE, ANY RULE. WHAT I WAS SAYING IS WE HAVE AN AGREEMENT THAT THEY WILL LET PASS THROUGH THE CHECKPOINTS THAT THEY, THE TALIBAN CONTROL, LET AMERICANS THROUGH.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Biden is finished. He has become too much of a liability to the Democrats. They are getting ready to cut him loose. I gotta give him credit. He lasted a lot longer than I thought he would.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
STxBear81
I didnt think theyd turn on him after covering for him so long
Jacques Strap

Jacques Strap
ABC:
"Multiple reports of Americans the Taliban have not let through."
"The Truth on the ground is that these people in fear for their lives cannot get through."

4th and Inches
Jacques Strap said:

Basement Biden only does scripted Q&A

I dare his handlers to let him to do a Trump style off the cuff Q&A

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.