Jan 6 committee

147,670 Views | 3026 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Harrison Bergeron
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not being ungracious to Oldbear because of his beliefs. I'm being ungracious because he's an ******* and a fraud.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

I'm not being ungracious to Oldbear because of his beliefs. I'm being ungracious because he's an ******* and a fraud.
you believe oldbear to be somebody other than who he says he is? That is what frauds do.. his differing beliefs do not make him a fraud.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam: "Disqualification is no punishment"

It damn well is, especially without due process.

Not sure anymore where you are from, Sam, but it's as un-American as it gets, to rig things so the opponent you don't like is not even allowed to compete.

I'm sure Trump is more than welcome, along with Bannon and whoever else you're saying would make him look good (if you actually had the boldness to say, which of course you don't). There's only one thing Trump and his minions hate more than being silenced, and that's being invited to make their case. You and they have that in common.
You get a lot of exercise changing subject and moving goal posts Sam, but your posts tell the truth that for all your posturing, it is you and Oso who can't be honest, cant be decent, and who abandoned all pretense of objectivity, simply because you can't stand a man's style.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

you believe oldbear to be somebody other than who he says he is? That is what frauds do.. his differing beliefs do not make him a fraud.
He says he's the guy who argues in good faith and doesn't avoid or obfuscate. He's not that guy. I can rely on him not to answer a substantive question about 99 percent of the time.
Oldbear83
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Thank you 4th and Inches.

Sam and Oso cannot accept that there are reasonable people who dislike Trump's personality and style, who could even hope he stays out of politics, but will stand up for his rights because using the Congress of the United States for a rigged set of "hearings" is unconscionable.

Sam and Oso cannot accept that I voted against Trump right up to the general election in 2016, that I judge him solely on his policies and the effects of his decisions. They cannot imagine that I have never attended any of his rallies and do not own even a single 'MAGA' hat.

That gets in the way of their delusion, which rules their every political thought now. They are slaves to the State even as they crow their virtue to the mob.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

In English:

Sam is a fraud because his delusion requires he despise and attack anyone who would defend Trump, regardless of the facts and regardless of the Constitution.

Sam plays the shadow role of Lucifer from Paradise Lost, but without Milton's eloquence or really any kind of moral defense.

'Spite uber alles' seems to be Sam's dominant spirit.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Oso: "Grand Dragon of the Trump cult"

Your idiocy is noted

It's been a long time since I saw a post that managed to be that far from true.
Klavern meeting soon?
Not my thing, but if I do run into a Klan man I will tell him you and Sam are ready to sign up. You already have your rope ready.
That's no way for the Grand Dragon of the Trump cult to talk.

"Might as well rename you 'Donald' or 'Daffy', because you always duck the question."
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

You really seem to get into Cosplaying as the Red Queen.
Do I have a functional brain?
From your inability to advance the discussion Oso, and your stubborn devotion to the malicious premise of the Left, I'd have to say no.
"You have chosen to build your position in a moral sewer. Can't imagine why, but the idea that you hold any kind of ethical credibility is absurd, verging on obscene."
Osodecentx
Harrison Bergeron said:

Osodecentx said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Oso: "Are we allowed to ask questions?"

Democrats on the committee are allowed to ask questions

RINOs on the committee are allowed to do what the Democrats tell them to do

The media reports what the Democrats tell them to say.

But the accused is not allowed a defense, there is no cross-examination or counter evidence. In fact, the "evidence" allowed by the Democrats cropped out anything that made Trump look good or at least better.

Of course we all knew that, but it doesn't matter to those who are only out to get Trump.

Go suck a lemon. Change is coming, pal.

Do you have an argument?
As repeatedly demonstrated, of course I do.

The real question is whether you and Sam have anything like a moral compass?
If everyone had a moral compass, we wouldn't have threads like this. We'd all just agree that Trump is disqualified from holding office again and move on. No one is particularly interested in seeing him prosecuted.
The difference is a question of democracy. Should the people decide or a cartoon communist show trial.
When Republicans take the House, should a Congressional committee be allowed to exercise oversight of the Biden Administration?
Yes.
And that is called legislative oversight of the Executive branch. If Republicans can do it so can the Democrats
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Not sure anymore where you are from, Sam, but it's as un-American as it gets, to rig things so the opponent you don't like is not even allowed to compete.

I'm sure Trump is more than welcome, along with Bannon and whoever else you're saying would make him look good (if you actually had the boldness to say, which of course you don't). There's only one thing Trump's minions hate more than being silenced, and that's being asked to make their case. You and they have that in common.
The case has been made pretty clearly, you just don't agree and don't seem to have the grace to at least give those that disagree the credit of their believes.

Both sides have points going for it, but it is not a slam dunk.

Did Trump act poorly, yes.
Did Trump try to show his displeasure, yes.
Did he think he was being clever by doing a demonstration after the Summer of Love riots, probably.
Did it backfire, yes.
Did he try to make Congress feel uncomfortable, probably as uncomfortable as he felt in the summer, probably.

Did he try to overthrow the Government, No way.
Did he organize an insurrection? No.
Did he authorize SecDef to do what he needed, yes. (under oath)

Whether or not Congress has the power to hold a Commission, is not the question. It does. But, it was done clumsily and that has left it open to attack. Choosing Cheney to lead it was a mistake, too much bad blood for objectivity.

That is my take based on the data
I disagree, but unlike Oldbear you make an argument that is plausible
4th and Inches
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

In English:

Sam is a fraud because his delusion requires he despise and attack anyone who would defend Trump, regardless of the facts and regardless of the Constitution.

Sam plays the shadow role of Lucifer from Paradise Lost, but without Milton's eloquence or really any kind of moral defense.

I am often labeled with defending Trump even though I tend to bring up standards, norms, and traditions and how Trump is not privy to those..

Those who stand on norms and tradition should stand with me but instead claim exception because, get this, Trump didnt follow standards and tradition. Instead those that should be upset by the exclusion, they claim whataboutism and deflection. Its Trumps fault he was excluded from Day 1.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

In English:

I am often labeled with defending Trump even though I tend to bring up standards, norms, and traditions and how Trump is not privy to those..

Those who stand on norms and tradition should stand with me but instead claim exception because, get this, Trump didnt follow standards and tradition. Instead those that should be upset by the exclusion, they claim whataboutism and deflection. Its Trumps fault he was excluded from Day 1.
From what was Trump excluded Day1?
Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

In English:

Whataboutism would be if you said Democrats were excluding Republicans and I said what about that time when Republicans excluded Democrats. That's not what happened. Republicans excluded themselves here.
WacoKelly83
Thank you Dems.
Push out Trump.

Bring on Desantis v Newsome
Desantis wins, appoints Trump Sec of State. Lol
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

From your inability to advance the discussion Oso, and your stubborn devotion to the malicious premise of the Left, I'd have to say no.
"You have chosen to build your position in a moral sewer. Can't imagine why, but the idea that you hold any kind of ethical credibility is absurd, verging on obscene."
Yes, that still applies to you, Oso.

Instead of repeating it, maybe you should ponder its meaning ?
Oldbear83
Oso: "That's no way for the Grand Dragon of the Trump cult to talk."

Perhaps, but since I am neither a cultist nor a "Grand" anything, your piss-take has once again missed the county, not to mention the mark.

Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

"You're even more bitter now. Maybe you should just stay away from the hearings."
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

In English:

we will get there eventually but lets start here and see where it goes..
https://nationalcenter.org/project21/2020/01/03/the-real-threat-to-civil-rights-trump-haters-by-donna-jackson/
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

In English:

https://nationalcenter.org/project21/2020/01/03/the-real-threat-to-civil-rights-trump-haters-by-donna-jackson/
I agree with this: The ensuing three years of sensationalized demands for investigations and hearings have kept much of the real work of government from getting done and continue to pit supporters and detractors against each other.

Not clear on what Trump was excluded from, though.
Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

In English:

Minus the Jim Crow analogy, she had a good point at the time. A lot changed in a year.
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

"You're even more bitter now. Maybe you should just stay away from the hearings."
Some wise person told you that, Oso? You should have listened.
FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

I'm sure Trump is more than welcome, along with Bannon and whoever else you're saying would make him look good (if you actually had the boldness to say, which of course you don't). There's only one thing Trump's minions hate more than being silenced, and that's being asked to make their case. You and they have that in common.
The case has been made pretty clearly, you just don't agree and don't seem to have the grace to at least give those that disagree the credit of their believes.

Did he think he was being clever by doing a demonstration after the Summer of Love riots, probably.
Did it backfire, yes.
Did he try to make Congress feel uncomfortable, probably as uncomfortable as he felt in the summer, probably.

Whether or not Congress has the power to hold a Commission, is not the question. It does. But, it was done clumsily and that has left it open to attack. Choosing Cheney to lead it was a mistake, too much bad blood for objectivity.

I have no problem with the conversation, I thought it was good and beat the rugs on both sides. I still believe that if there was wrong doing in the nature they imply, he would have been charged last year.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

"Hey, I've lost count. How many times now have you decide not to man up and admit you were wrong?"
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Did it backfire, yes.

I have no problem with the conversation, I thought it was good and beat the rugs on both sides. I still believe that if there was wrong doing in the nature they imply, he would have been charged last year.
You may be right, but I think it would be wrong for the country to put Trump to a criminal trial
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

"Hey, I've lost count. How many times now have you decide not to man up and admit you were wrong?"
Hmmm, so was that your mom who told you that one, Oso? Or someone else of importance.
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hmmm, so was that your mom who told you that one, Oso? Or someone else of importance.

No Mothers, man...
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

No Mothers, man...
Don't sweat it. You do know I just quote back to him his own posts. Note that the posts in quotes lack substance and are his chief mode of response.
He's the Board idiot
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

No Mothers, man...
Don't sweat it. You do know I just quote back to him his own posts. Note that the posts in quotes lack substance and are his chief mode of response.
He's the Board idiot
I was quoting George Carlin, Occupation: Foole
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

No Mothers, man...
He's the Board idiot
I was quoting George Carlin, Occupation: Foole
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

No Mothers, man...
He's the Board idiot
... and Oso imagines that kind of post makes him look suave and urbane ...
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yes, that one still applies to you as well. Sad that the best you can do is parrot. Or squawk
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

No Mothers, man...
He's the Board idiot
"You should post less on this subject until you can better control your emotions."
riflebear
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

No Mothers, man...
He's the Board idiot
"You should post less on this subject until you can better control your emotions."
Yes Oso, that's another one you can repeat but, apparently, refuse to learn.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.