Illegals in Martha's Vineyard

85,387 Views | 1489 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by whiterock
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In his latest newsletter, the British writer Ben Sixsmith trashes William Hague, the former Conservative Party leader, for his soppy managerial Toryism. Excerpt:

Quote:

Now, Hague is announcing that European countries, already experiencing record levels of immigration, should welcome more. It is the "age of migration" and we just have to accept it. Well, perhaps one should respect Hague for grasping the nettle but this doesn't sound like it has even the merest pretence of "conservatism". It's "adaptationism" at very best and an extremely blithe and optimistic variant of it as well. This this is what thirty years in elite right-wing politics will do for you.

Hague grew up in Rotherham and, as a side-note, has never commented on the mass rape of schoolgirls in his old hometown. This is doubly remarkable given that Rotherham's grooming gangs took root when he was Leader of the Opposition. That doesn't mean he was responsible but you'd think he would have noticed. I still think about the one murder I recall happening in Bath.

He now lives on a 2.5 million estate in rural Wales, "set in nearly 13 acres of grounds" with "10 bathrooms and three reception rooms, along with a 'leisure suite' featuring a heated indoor pool, spa pool and fitness suite." Now, this sounds lovely. I don't resent Hague and his successful wife's financial status and if I was in his position I'd buy a **** off big old house as well.

But I can't help wondering about how it feels on those dark Welsh evenings in a house so big he could be comfortable if it was ten times smaller. Perhaps he sometimes thinks about the Britain beyond him declining into a swamp of infrastructural decay and societal mistrust. Does it trouble him? This man who spent decades around the top of politics? Does it bother him?
Redbrickbear
quash
Cobretti said:

Try getting liability insurance without a license.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Cobretti
quash said:

Cobretti said:

What is uninsured motorist coverage?
Uninsured motorist coverage protects you if you're hit by a driver who has no auto insurance. Underinsured motorist coverage, which is usually offered alongside uninsured motorist coverage, protects you if you're hit by a driver who doesn't have enough coverage to pay for the damages or injuries they caused. Both coverages are mandatory in many states and highly recommended for all drivers. If you're a victim of a hit-and-run accident, you can file a claim against your uninsured motorist coverage.
quash
Cobretti said:

quash said:

Cobretti said:

What is uninsured motorist coverage?
Uninsured motorist coverage protects you if you're hit by a driver who has no auto insurance. Underinsured motorist coverage, which is usually offered alongside uninsured motorist coverage, protects you if you're hit by a driver who doesn't have enough coverage to pay for the damages or injuries they caused. Both coverages are mandatory in many states and highly recommended for all drivers. If you're a victim of a hit-and-run accident, you can file a claim against your uninsured motorist coverage.

Yes, you can unsure yourself against uninsured drivers.

In Texas the statute is actually called the Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act. Our justice system encodes a thousand years of holding people responsible for the harm they cause.

Florida needs to be abbreviated FAFO.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

Cobretti said:

You can do it. It ain't hard. And tow that vehicle if there is no insurance.

https://www.lafamiliainsurance.com/blog/en_US/no-license-online-auto-insurance-in-texas/
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Cobretti
Redbrickbear
Cobretti said:

That was always the Federal governments plan....willfully let them escape and live in the USA forever.

Push amnesty at a later date....or just wait until their children are born to get automatic US birth right citizenship.
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

Cobretti said:

That was always the Federal governments plan....willfully let them escape and live in the USA forever.

Push amnesty at a later date....or just wait until their children are born to get automatic US birth right citizenship.
exactly
Redbrickbear
Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti
quash
Wrecks Quan Dough said:

quash said:

Cobretti said:

I was, obviously, talking about liability coverage, not under/uninsured. Personal responsibility type stuff. Which will get harder under this law.

https://www.lafamiliainsurance.com/blog/en_US/no-license-online-auto-insurance-in-texas/
Redbrickbear
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

Wrecks Quan Dough said:

quash said:

Cobretti said:

I was, obviously, talking about liability coverage, not under/uninsured. Personal responsibility type stuff. Which will get harder under this law.

You had to have not read the webpage to have thought that UM/UIM was being offered. It was for liability coverage.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron
Redbrickbear said:

Remember when they told blue collar workers "just learn to code?"
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Cobretti
Cobretti
Harrison Bergeron
Cobretti said:

Regressives are regressive until they have to live with regressive policy.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I may get flogged for this, but immediate work visas for these people is a step in the right direction. If I'm not mistaken, migrants currently cannot work for 18 months until they can acquire a work visa? That sucks!!! If you're gonna let them stay, let them work. Let them go to work and pay their own way ASAP! We can account for them and know where they are. Stop depending on the taxpayer to feed, clothe, and support them. I am under the impression the majority of them are ready to work if given the opportunity.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer

whiterock
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I may get flogged for this, but immediate work visas for these people is a step in the right direction. If I'm not mistaken, migrants currently cannot work for 18 months until they can acquire a work visa? That sucks!!! If you're gonna let them stay, let them work. Let them go to work and pay their own way ASAP! We can account for them and know where they are. Stop depending on the taxpayer to feed, clothe, and support them. I am under the impression the majority of them are ready to work if given the opportunity.
setting aside the pros/cons as a matter of outcomes, there is a serious practicality problem. There is no real way to police it and the bureaucratic systems to issue H-visas are not unlike the systems to process refugees = totally overwhelmed by the numbers of people crossing the border.

These things are budgeted. Not just the money to spend on refugees themselves, but the ICE budgets for staffing of ICE personnel. If Congress sets a statutory limit of 100k refugees, which they have, you budget time, space, people, and supplies to process 100k people....in the refugee office, in the immigration courts, etc..... Well, when you budget for 100k refugees a year, but you have 100k refugees a MONTH walking across the border, you've got a serious backlog problem. And we have 100k people walking across the border every 10-14 DAYS......,

Will take us 20 years to process what will walk across the border THIS YEAR.
So they will be in status limbo effectively forever.
Which of course makes "amnesty" sound imminently sensible, huh....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.