Illegals in Martha's Vineyard

85,403 Views | 1489 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by whiterock
Wrecks Quan Dough
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

4th and Inches said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Canada2017 said:

Porteroso said:

I don't know about dropping them off at Kamela's front door, that's purely politics, but I love the idea that they are getting access to all this welcome and aid all across the US.
How many additional illegals should we welcome and provide aid ?

2 million

5 million

10 million

20 million

Unlimited ?
Once again, talking about illegals, and legal migrants, are 2 different conversations. I think no state will be bussing illegals up North, they'd get into some serious legal trouble, aiding illegals.

So these are legal migrants. We do not take in unlimited, we theoretically have a plan for these migrants who come to the US the right way, with the right paperwork, backgrounds (maybe) checked.

If you're aware of all this, I don't understand your point.

edit: You guys are howling like hyenas but assuming I'm right and these aren't illegals, you're making leftist points for the left. You see brown people and immediately jump to "deport the illegals." That's not a good look........

As I said, Abbott is doing these people a huge favor. Desantis I'm not sure, if he just keeps flying them to resorts, that doesn't seem like doing them a favor. But bussing to large sanctuary cities with the social services and available jobs to give these people a great chance at a new life is just an amazing opportunity. Why not frame it as that? Why do you guys have to drone on and on about how much you hate
illegals?
Funny, you want to pretend illegals are suddenly legal simply because Biden asks them to super duper pinky promise to appear at a court date later. What we see here is as plain as your deflection; democrats wanted to do exactly what you're doing here and play the race card every time anyone sought to secure the border. Democrats pronounced to the world that illegals were welcome in their sanctuary cities (why would legal immigrants need sanctuary?) Now we see you democrats losing your minds that brown people are showing up where they were invited and it's back to the race card. Oh right, YOU claim you're happy and that, despite their own protestations by the cities themselves, these sanctuary cities have a plan to serve these illegals, right? Nevermind what they're saying about not having space or resources, trust you on this, right? Hahaha, hey, we are glad at least one leftist likes this, because forcing democrats to reveal their hypocrisy in such a public fashion is greatness to the rest of us.

Thought conservatives wanted to apply the law as written. Characterize it as condescendingly as you want, when those people stepped on the bus they were legally in this country.
nope.. doesnt matter what they do in this country, they are not here legally until they are..

I have family friends dealing with this right now. The husband and 3 kids are all legal US citizens by birth. The wife is a dreamer who was brought here illegally at age 5. Now, 26 yr old and still not legal.

Being here doesnt make you legal.
Different from the situaiton you describe. When I say that the people shipped to Martha's Vineyard are here legally, I am saying that they followed the laws of the United States in seeking asylum. That gives them a legal right to remain int he country until their asylum request is adjudicated.

You might disagree with the law, but that is the law.

Fine, so Florida doesn't have the right to help them get to Mass to wait for their hearings?

Do you believe non-border states should be allowed to determine immigration laws? If they are, then there should be no issue taking g a small amount until hearings. After all asylum is not planned, so Florida has no idea how many will show up and when.
Florida can do what it wants to help people awaiting asylum heaqrings. If Florida lies to people, takes them in place where they have no shot at work, to prove a political point, then Florida is a jerk.

The federal government sets immigration policy. It has to be that way.

Why do they have no shot at work?
Are you saying Martha's Vineyard is racist? That is illegal. Will Garland investigate why these asylum seekers are denied work in Martha's Vineyard?

Why do you assume Florida is easy to find work? This is a National issue, the Feds are making the policy. All the States should help.
Because Martha's Vineyard's economy is wholly seasonal.

Florida is not a seasonal place. Yeah. 50 people can't find a job in the Martha Vineyard area???? 50. We are talking less than a football team. Yet the economy can't handle it.

No, there are not 50 extra jobs in Martha's Vineyard in the off season. The population is about 10% of what it is in-season. Most businesses just close.

It is nothing at all like "off season" Florida. These facts are inconvenient for you, I know.

Good thing there aren't any boats up there they could get a job on.
EatMoreSalmon
Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

4th and Inches said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Canada2017 said:

Porteroso said:

I don't know about dropping them off at Kamela's front door, that's purely politics, but I love the idea that they are getting access to all this welcome and aid all across the US.

2 million

5 million

10 million

20 million

Unlimited ?
Once again, talking about illegals, and legal migrants, are 2 different conversations. I think no state will be bussing illegals up North, they'd get into some serious legal trouble, aiding illegals.

So these are legal migrants. We do not take in unlimited, we theoretically have a plan for these migrants who come to the US the right way, with the right paperwork, backgrounds (maybe) checked.

edit: You guys are howling like hyenas but assuming I'm right and these aren't illegals, you're making leftist points for the left. You see brown people and immediately jump to "deport the illegals." That's not a good look........

As I said, Abbott is doing these people a huge favor. Desantis I'm not sure, if he just keeps flying them to resorts, that doesn't seem like doing them a favor. But bussing to large sanctuary cities with the social services and available jobs to give these people a great chance at a new life is just an amazing opportunity. Why not frame it as that? Why do you guys have to drone on and on about how much you hate
illegals?
Funny, you want to pretend illegals are suddenly legal simply because Biden asks them to super duper pinky promise to appear at a court date later. What we see here is as plain as your deflection; democrats wanted to do exactly what you're doing here and play the race card every time anyone sought to secure the border. Democrats pronounced to the world that illegals were welcome in their sanctuary cities (why would legal immigrants need sanctuary?) Now we see you democrats losing your minds that brown people are showing up where they were invited and it's back to the race card. Oh right, YOU claim you're happy and that, despite their own protestations by the cities themselves, these sanctuary cities have a plan to serve these illegals, right? Nevermind what they're saying about not having space or resources, trust you on this, right? Hahaha, hey, we are glad at least one leftist likes this, because forcing democrats to reveal their hypocrisy in such a public fashion is greatness to the rest of us.

Thought conservatives wanted to apply the law as written. Characterize it as condescendingly as you want, when those people stepped on the bus they were legally in this country.
nope.. doesnt matter what they do in this country, they are not here legally until they are..

I have family friends dealing with this right now. The husband and 3 kids are all legal US citizens by birth. The wife is a dreamer who was brought here illegally at age 5. Now, 26 yr old and still not legal.

Different from the situaiton you describe. When I say that the people shipped to Martha's Vineyard are here legally, I am saying that they followed the laws of the United States in seeking asylum. That gives them a legal right to remain int he country until their asylum request is adjudicated.

Fine, so Florida doesn't have the right to help them get to Mass to wait for their hearings?

Do you believe non-border states should be allowed to determine immigration laws? If they are, then there should be no issue taking g a small amount until hearings. After all asylum is not planned, so Florida has no idea how many will show up and when.
Florida can do what it wants to help people awaiting asylum heaqrings. If Florida lies to people, takes them in place where they have no shot at work, to prove a political point, then Florida is a jerk.

Are you saying Martha's Vineyard is racist? That is illegal. Will Garland investigate why these asylum seekers are denied work in Martha's Vineyard?

Why do you assume Florida is easy to find work? This is a National issue, the Feds are making the policy. All the States should help.

Florida is not a seasonal place. Yeah. 50 people can't find a job in the Martha Vineyard area???? 50. We are talking less than a football team. Yet the economy can't handle it.

No, there are not 50 extra jobs in Martha's Vineyard in the off season. The population is about 10% of what it is in-season. Most businesses just close.

It is nothing at all like "off season" Florida. These facts are inconvenient for you, I know.
Indeed shows 6600 jobs in Martha's Vineyard and its surrounding area. Many are not high skill jobs.

Jobs on indeed
FLBear5630
Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

4th and Inches said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Canada2017 said:

Porteroso said:

2 million

5 million

10 million

20 million

Unlimited ?

illegals?

No, it is inconvenient for you. You are comparing one city to a State. The State of Mass is not equipped to handle 50 people?

As for Florida, we have a 30% seasonal factor (smowbirds). It is worse in Geb/March for Spring Training. That is pretty extreme, for those of us that actually deal with seasonality.

A comparison to Martha's Vineyard would be Key Biscayne. When illegals show up, they don't stay there. Do you have any experience with what you are talking about?
Malbec
Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

4th and Inches said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Canada2017 said:

Porteroso said:

2 million

5 million

10 million

20 million

Unlimited ?

illegals?

They can't work legally anyway. To obtain lawful work status, an asylum seeker must either have been granted approval of the application or have been waiting for final adjudication of the application for a minimum of 12 months. None of these people can legally work in the country regardless of whether they are in Martha's Vineyard or Yasgur's Farm or Tampa's Bay.

Booray
RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

4th and Inches said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Canada2017 said:

Porteroso said:

2 million

5 million

10 million

20 million

Unlimited ?

illegals?

No, it is inconvenient for you. You are comparing one city to a State. The State of Mass is not equipped to handle 50 people?

As for Florida, we have a 30% seasonal factor (smowbirds). It is worse in Geb/March for Spring Training. That is pretty extreme, for those of us that actually deal with seasonality.

A comparison to Martha's Vineyard would be Key Biscayne. When illegals show up, they don't stay there. Do you have any experience with what you are talking about?

Your Key Biscayne analogy proves my point, not yours. They do not willingly go where there is no work. Here they were apparently tricked into going where there is no work.

Also, I don't think Florida shrinks by 30% at any point in the year. Martha's Vineyard shrinks by 90% starting about right now.

And your suggestion is, hey just get a job somewhere else in Massachusetts. Never mind that you don't have any transport. Not very realistic.
whiterock
Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Your Key Biscayne analogy proves my point, not yours. They do not willingly go where there is no work. Here they were apparently tricked into going where there is no work.

Also, I don't think Florida shrinks by 30% at any point in the year. Martha's Vineyard shrinks by 90% starting about right now.

And your suggestion is, hey just get a job somewhere else in Massachusetts. Never mind that you don't have any transport. Not very realistic.

we have about 11m unfilled jobs in the USA at the moment.
nowhere near half of those jobs are unskilled labor positions appropriate for the 5m or so largely illiterate illegal immigrants we will import this year.

Sure, macroeconomics is macroeconomics. adding unskilled labor to the bottom will facilitate trickle-up dynamics that will, over time, ease the overall crunch. But nothing would do more to ease the shortage of skilled and semi-skiled labor than by increasing LEGAL immigration of the kinds of immigrants we need, 4m or so of whom actually are already approved and standing in line waiting for quota to open.

But that's too hard.
It's waaaay easier to just let them walk across the border.
Don't have to even pass a law to change the immigration quota.
Just let them in the back door.
We'll never catch enough to matter.
We'll get all the immigrants we need, and more.
And the voters won't be able to stop us.

Oh. And all those illegal unskilled laborers will depress wages for the lowest wage earners.
The huddled masses already here will no doubt rejoice at the central role they will play in fighting wage inflation.

Booray
whiterock said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

nowhere near half of those jobs are unskilled labor positions appropriate for the 5m or so largely illiterate illegal immigrants we will import this year.

Sure, macroeconomics is macroeconomics. adding unskilled labor to the bottom will facilitate trickle-up dynamics that will, over time, ease the overall crunch. But nothing would do more to ease the shortage of skilled and semi-skiled labor than by increasing LEGAL immigration of the kinds of immigrants we need, 4m or so of whom actually are already approved and standing in line waiting for quota to open.

But that's too hard.

Oh. And all those illegal unskilled laborers will depress wages for the lowest wage earners.
The huddled masses already here will no doubt rejoice at the central role they will play in fighting wage inflation.

We have a screwed up immigration system. As long as Republicans insist on no amnesty and no path to legal status, the chance of rational reform are non-existent.

To get what you want ( much of which I agree with) there has to be compromise.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Booray said:

whiterock said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But that's too hard.

We have a screwed up immigration system. As long as Republicans insist on no amnesty and no path to legal status, the chance of rational reform are non-existent.

Yours is a political demand that did not fix the problem in 1986. How about we just keep out those who are not authorized as best we can. And for those who enter illegally we bar from future benefits. Stop being such an attractive magnet for those whose first act in this country is to disregard our law.
Wangchung
Booray said:

whiterock said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But that's too hard.

Republicans tried that already and democrats refused to hold up their end of the deal and enforce immigration laws. Reagan was scammed into granting amnesty to over 3,000,000 illegals. Sorry, but democrats don't have the credibility to request such a deal.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Booray
He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

whiterock said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But that's too hard.

Yours is a political demand that did not fix the problem in 1986. How about we just keep out those who are not authorized as best we can. And for those who enter illegally we bar from future benefits. Stop being such an attractive magnet for those whose first act in this country is to disregard our law.
This dispute is about people who entered legally. Asylum seekers are following the law.

I have no problem with enforcing the law as to those who do not follow it, although I have great sympathy for dreamers and believe they should be the last law enforcement priority. .
Wangchung
Can asylum seekers cross safe countries and shop where they want to seek asylum and still qualify in America?
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Wrecks Quan Dough
Booray said:

He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

whiterock said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But that's too hard.

This dispute is about people who entered legally. Asylum seekers are following the law.

I have no problem with enforcing the law as to those who do not follow it, although I have great sympathy for dreamers and believe they should be the last law enforcement priority. .

You are a broken record. I understand that a bunch of people claimed asylum. Adjudicate their claims summarily for those with tenuous basis for the request and send them back. That will stop some of the nonsense. Enforce the border. Good places to start rather than throwing up your hands and parroting DNC talking points.
Osodecentx
Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

4th and Inches said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Canada2017 said:

Porteroso said:

2 million

5 million

10 million

20 million

Unlimited ?

illegals?

Here they were apparently tricked into going where there is no work.

I get that asylum seekers have legal status while their claim is being adjudicated, all Venezuelan I assume.
Why do you say they're tricked?
Booray
He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

whiterock said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But that's too hard.

You are a broken record. I understand that a bunch of people claimed asylum. Adjudicate their claims summarily for those with tenuous basis for the request and send them back. That will stop some of the nonsense. Enforce the border. Good places to start rather than throwing up your hands and parroting DNC talking points.
Give them a fair trial and then hang them.

There already are mechanisms for addressing asylum claims summarily to weed out obvious losers. The problem is that there is a huge backlog in resolving the claims that survive that determination. We need hundreds more immigration judges and asscoiated staff to reduce that backlog. I am all for that.

But my main point is: The rule of law is a thing. It is a pillar of civilization. Lets follow it.
Booray
Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

4th and Inches said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Canada2017 said:

Porteroso said:

2 million

5 million

10 million

20 million

Unlimited ?

illegals?

I get that asylum seekers have legal status while their claim is being adjudicated, all Venezuelan I assume.
Migrants who flew to Martha's Vineyard told NPR they crossed into Texas and were flown from San Antonio to Florida.

Sarang Sekhavet of the Massachusetts Immigration Reform Advocacy Coalition (MIRA) told WLRN some said they were told they were being taken to get jobs. "I'd say tricked into believing they were being flown to Massachusetts to be given jobs is a better way to put it," Sekhavet said.

https://news.wfsu.org/state-news/2022-09-16/venezuelan-migrant-advocates-blast-gov-desantis-cruel-political-stunt-he-calls-complaints-a-fraud

There is a lot more out there about how the Venezualans were induced to get on the plane.
J.R.
I'd like to know how many of you boys who want to build a wall ect (I'm for real immigration reform ...play by the rules, not a bull rush). have "Beaners" doing the yard, pool, housekeeping? Fess up, boys. If you have , said "Beaners" , do you 1099 them....Seriously doubt it.
Wangchung
J.R. said:

I'd like to know how many of you boys who want to build a wall ect (I'm for real immigration reform ...play by the rules, not a bull rush). have "Beaners" doing the yard, pool, housekeeping? Fess up, boys. If you have , said "Beaners" , do you 1099 them....Seriously doubt it.
None. I currently have 16 employees and all are legal citizens. Even had one from Kuala Lumpur for a little while, legal immigrant. So my common sense desire for a physical barrier is legitimate now, right?
whiterock
Booray said:

whiterock said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But that's too hard.

The obvious solution is to have a non-immigrant visa category for long-term resident workers.

In consular commission training, instructors said we have never had one because Americans were instinctively averse to a class of people without franchise. Not true at founding of course, but definitely so at the time of the course (1980s).

I'm not sure that is the case any more. I'd suggest an H-4 category, generic long term worker in any field skilled or not. Two year term, of course rescindable in case of becoming a (considerably tighter definition of) public charge. That is just such a logical meeting point - legal status but no pathway to citizenship. Should would be criticized by right (because no deportation) and left (because no citizenship). And it would fit the old adage about the implication of both sides being unhappy with the results of successful mediation.

Time favors the Republicans on this, though. Hispanic demographics are trending red. So I'm no so sure the Democrats will not be regretting a faulty assumption about what illegal immigration is going to do to their coalition. We'll get a snapshot on that in about 7-8 weeks.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Booray said:

He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

whiterock said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But that's too hard.

But my main point is: The rule of law is a thing. It is a pillar of civilization. Lets follow it.
The starting point is enforcing the border. If you pay little more than lip service to keeping these caravans out of the country and demanding that the "asylum" seekers take refuge in the first safe country, then the rule of law is just another political bludgeon instead of a concept that you actually value.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Booray said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

4th and Inches said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Canada2017 said:

Porteroso said:

2 million

5 million

10 million

20 million

Unlimited ?

illegals?

Migrants who flew to Martha's Vineyard told NPR they crossed into Texas and were flown from San Antonio to Florida.

Sarang Sekhavet of the Massachusetts Immigration Reform Advocacy Coalition (MIRA) told WLRN some said they were told they were being taken to get jobs. "I'd say tricked into believing they were being flown to Massachusetts to be given jobs is a better way to put it," Sekhavet said.

https://news.wfsu.org/state-news/2022-09-16/venezuelan-migrant-advocates-blast-gov-desantis-cruel-political-stunt-he-calls-complaints-a-fraud

There is a lot more out there about how the Venezualans were induced to get on the plane.
What we need information on is how they are induced to come here in the first place. What are the NGOs and charities telling these people?
Booray
whiterock said:

Booray said:

whiterock said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But that's too hard.

The obvious solution is to have a non-immigrant visa category for long-term resident workers.

In consular commission training, instructors said we have never had one because Americans were instinctively averse to a class of people without franchise. Not true at founding of course, but definitely so at the time of the course (1980s).

I'm not sure that is the case any more. I'd suggest an H-4 category, generic long term worker in any field skilled or not. Two year term, of course rescindable in case of becoming a (considerably tighter definition of) public charge. That is just such a logical meeting point - legal status but no pathway to citizenship. Should would be criticized by right (because no deportation) and left (because no citizenship). And it would fit the old adage about the implication of both sides being unhappy with the results of successful mediation.

Time favors the Republicans on this, though. Hispanic demographics are trending red. So I'm no so sure the Democrats will not be regretting a faulty assumption about what illegal immigration is going to do to their coalition. We'll get a snapshot on that in about 7-8 weeks.
On board with that.
whiterock
He Hate Me said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But that's too hard.

The starting point is enforcing the border. If you pay little more than lip service to keeping these caravans out of the country and demanding that the "asylum" seekers take refuge in the first safe country, then the rule of law is just another political bludgeon instead of a concept that you actually value.
DeSantis hit the 10-ring with the MV play. hit five of Alinsky's 12 rules - 3-6, 10.

Martha's Vineyard virtue postures with sanctuary status, but let some real live illegals arrive and within 24 hour they were hauled out by troops for relo elsewhere. One of the wealthiest zip codes in America could not handle 50 for a second round of breakfast tacos.

Given how quickly a solution was found, we should send 500 on the next trip.

The display of elite hypocrisy was indescribably delicious. (rule 6)
Redbrickbear
D. C. Bear
Booray said:

whiterock said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But that's too hard.

As long as Democrats insist on not controlling the borders, it won't matter what Republicans do about paths to legal status, and as long as the law both prevents employers from verifying the right to work and makes the penalties for employing those without the right to work negligible, the problems aren't going away. We are in a bad situation where those who benefit from the current situation see no reason to be serious about reform.
Canada2017
J.R. said:

Strange

Weren't you the guy insinuating we needed millions of illegals just so we didn't have to clean our own houses and cut our lawns ?

If memory serves me right....haven't you employed a Hispanic maid for several years at some point ?
Or would the correct job description be 'nanny'.

Come on Big Guy.....what's the deal here ?

Doc Holliday
Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

4th and Inches said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Canada2017 said:

Porteroso said:

2 million

5 million

10 million

20 million

Unlimited ?

illegals?

They signed waivers/forms for this trip.
WacoKelly83
Doc Holliday
WacoKelly83 said:

Doc Holliday
Did the immigrants give consent to be taken off the island to a military base?
Wrecks Quan Dough
Doc Holliday said:

Did the immigrants give consent to be taken off the island to a military base?
That is different because DeSantis....
ScottS
Booray said:

whiterock said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But that's too hard.

No path? There is a path. You apply for citizenship. Its been done for years.
Canada2017
ScottS said:

Booray said:

whiterock said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But that's too hard.

Just makes stuff up.....always a waste a time to engage .
J.R.
Wangchung said:

J.R. said:

None. I currently have 16 employees and all are legal citizens. Even had one from Kuala Lumpur for a little while, legal immigrant. So my common sense desire for a physical barrier is legitimate now, right?
do you eat Driscol berries? Who do you think picked those?
Booray
ScottS said:

Booray said:

whiterock said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But that's too hard.

You can't apply for citizneship if your parents brought you to this country when you were two and if they crossed illegally. Even if it si the only country you ever lived in and you have been an A+ citizen.

The parents cannot apply for citizneship either, even if they have been productive members of society.

That is who I am talking about.
Wrecks Quan Dough
J.R. said:

Wangchung said:

J.R. said:

do you eat Driscol berries? Who do you think picked those?
Would your response be an illegal immigrant who suppresses wages and opportunities for people who were born here or immigrated legally?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.